Gospel goes to all the world before Christ comes? Not exactly..

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Gospel goes to all the world before Christ comes? Not exactly..

Post by friendsofthe »

Now there is a subject that is surrounded with much confusion... what about you, what do you think?
I address this question in my latest blog: http://thebridegroomcometh.net/and-then ... -end-come/

Let me know what you think... :)

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Re: Gospel goes to all the world before Christ comes? Not exactly..

Post by gclayjr »

friendsofthe,

Interesting blog. I confess that I was one of those who thought that in the check list before Christ's 2nd coming was that the Gospel would be preached to all of the nations of the world, so if you cannot say anything about Christ in some Muslim, and Communist countries, and you can't proselytize even in Israel, then Christ isn't coming yet.

That being said, I often wonder if we still get into trouble when we take prophesies that might be a bit metaphorical and put too literal a spin on them.

Again, a very interesting blog. Thanks

Regards,

George Clay

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

gclayjr wrote: April 29th, 2017, 2:35 pm friendsofthe,

Interesting blog. I confess that I was one of those who thought that in the check list before Christ's 2nd coming was that the Gospel would be preached to all of the nations of the world, so if you cannot say anything about Christ in some Muslim, and Communist countries, and you can't proselytize even in Israel, then Christ isn't coming yet.

That being said, I often wonder if we still get into trouble when we take prophesies that might be a bit metaphorical and put too literal a spin on them.

Again, a very interesting blog. Thanks

Regards,

George Clay
There is a lot that needs to happen prior to the Masters return. The establishment of Zion the New Jerusalem, the return of the lost tribes and calling of the 144k whose main purpose is to preach and go throughout all the earth to gather the elect - those that have passed through the tribulations of the 6th seal. That will be the final preaching to all the earth - so the gospel will during that time be taken to all nations including the Muslim nations etc...

So to think not to worry about the second coming or tribulations as all nations are not open to the gospel is stupid line of thought. In fact persecution against Christians is going to intensify and in many areas Christians will be removed, it is part of the sifting and separation of wheat and tares. It is a theme of the BoM where the righteous are separated then disaster strikes.

In fact LDS missionary are being withdrawn from a number of countries due to instability and the tribulations start when they are withdrawn,

For example just this week in the news
Turkey’s Seizure of Churches and Land Alarms Armenians
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/24/worl ... .html?_r=0

Islamist Turkey seizes ALL Christian churches in city and declares them 'state property'
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/663 ... e-property
Last edited by Spaced_Out on April 29th, 2017, 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SouEu
captain of 50

Post by SouEu »

I thought that the Gospel was supposed be preached to the heathen nations after the second coming.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

SouEu wrote: April 29th, 2017, 2:48 pm I thought that the Gospel was supposed be preached to the heathen nations after the second coming.
That is also true. I am not sure why people have this fixation about the second coming - the start of the tribulations, the kind of events where there is a global need for food storage and the establishment of Zion is where it all happens. If one gets to Zion then the ongoing events will not be an issue.

Note before the great day.
D&C 29:14 But, behold, I say unto you that before this great day shall come the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall be turned into blood, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and there shall be greater signs in heaven above and in the earth beneath;
15 And there shall be weeping and wailing among the hosts of men;
16 And there shall be a great hailstorm sent forth to destroy the crops of the earth.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

I read something a year ago, where a member of the seventy spoke to the missionaries at the MTC (Provo) and told them that this has already been fulfilled...because of social media.

NOW if I could only find WHERE I read that for verification... :-?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

SouEu wrote: April 29th, 2017, 2:48 pm I thought that the Gospel was supposed be preached to the heathen nations after the second coming.
That is my understanding, based on what I read in Prophecy Key to the Future. Japan seems to have a pretty good thing going. Wonder what are the properties of a place of refuge when roving bands begin to devastate the mainland US and presumably elsewhere. OTEC and other renewables will make many islands energy independent that are now slaves to the oil companies and their vulnerable distribution. @-)

Somewhere like this:

Pregnant dinosaur gonna give birth to the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE :ymdevil:
Last edited by BeNotDeceived on July 3rd, 2017, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

friendsofthe wrote: April 29th, 2017, 10:26 am Now there is a subject that is surrounded with much confusion... what about you, what do you think?
I address this question in my latest blog: http://thebridegroomcometh.net/and-then ... -end-come/

Let me know what you think... :)

We haven't preached to ALL nations yet, but with time, we'll get to all of them. It goes in order:

1. Times of the Gentiles (general preaching time- 1830 to 2030)
2. Gospel taken to The Jews (2030-2050)
3. Gospel taken to Heathen nations (Muslim nations, Islam, etc.- 2050-2080)
4. Final Mission to all mankind (2080-3100)

We will be able to finish all of this in the next 83 years, give or take a few.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Z2100 wrote:
We haven't preached to ALL nations yet, but with time, we'll get to all of them. It goes in order:

OK, that’s a little longer than my timeline. From the numbers your giving here I’m going to assume that your thinking that the pace we have been moving for the last 187 years won’t change so much.

In my timeline we are much closer to the Second Coming and once the bridegroom comes to the saints the pace picks up considerably.

Briefly, my timeline goes like this and I’m going to say that we entered into the 42 months as of last fall… so here goes.

We continue forward to the fulfillment of the 42 months in the spring of 2020.
At that time a nuclear WWIII breaks out. The beast (Russia and ten other nations) burns the whore (New word order or globalists, including America) see Rev. 17
In the summer months that follow the saints trek back to Jackson County. In the fall of this same year the Lord appears to the saints at AOA (feast of tabernacles) for his first appearance, Second Coming…
Seven years pass util he appears to the Jews, teaching of the Jews and heathen nations continues on for 14 more years. Then we have his third appearance and the earth is transformed and receives it’s paradisaical glory… Short and sweet..

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

friendsofthe wrote: April 29th, 2017, 9:26 pm
Z2100 wrote:

OK, that’s a little longer than my timeline. From the numbers your giving here I’m going to assume that your thinking that the pace we have been moving for the last 187 years won’t change so much.

In my timeline we are much closer to the Second Coming and once the bridegroom comes to the saints the pace picks up considerably.

Briefly, my timeline goes like this and I’m going to say that we entered into the 42 months as of last fall… so here goes.

At that time a nuclear WWIII breaks out. The beast (Russia and ten other nations) burns the whore (New word order or globalists, including America) see Rev. 17
In the summer months that follow the saints trek back to Jackson County. In the fall of this same year the Lord appears to the saints at AOA (feast of tabernacles) for his first appearance, Second Coming…
Seven years pass util he appears to the Jews, teaching of the Jews and heathen nations continues on for 14 more years. Then we have his third appearance and the earth is transformed and receives it’s paradisaical glory… Short and sweet..

So the Second Coming would be in 2034? Seems to close to me. But that's what I've seen on here so far :)

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Z2100 wrote:

So the Second Coming would be in 2034? Seems to close to me. But that's what I've seen on here so far :)
Not exactly, the Second Coming can be seen as a process if you like which commences when he comes to the saints who have gathered to the site of the New Jerusalem, that’s step one. Next he appears to the Jews and lastly we have the event, which Ezra Taft Benson calls his coming in his glory.

I use the outline from Ezra Taft Benson gave us because it’s such a good base to work from but in reality all three appearances are Christ coming in his glory. For example in D&C 45 we are told:
56 And at that day, when I shall come in my glory, shall the parable be fulfilled which I spake concerning the ten virgins.
So when the Lord appears to the saints he will fulfill the parable of the ten virgins. The Lord says above that at than time “I shall come in my glory”.. Guess we got to take his word for it.

In this same section when he speaks of his appearance to the Jews he says:
43 And the remnant shall be gathered unto this place;
44 And then they shall look for me, and, behold, I will come; and they shall see me in the clouds of heaven, clothed with power and great glory; with all the holy angels; and he that watches not for me shall be cut off.
So as I said, all three events are Christ coming in his glory… so to answer your question, he comes in his glory the first time in 2020 according to my timeline above…

mmm..cheese
captain of 100

Post by mmm..cheese »

You guys are as bad as Protestants about speculating about the end all the time.

"Obama is the AntiChrist."

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

mmm..cheese wrote: April 30th, 2017, 8:28 pm You guys are as bad as Protestants about speculating about the end all the time.
You are right, there is too much speculation and no-one speaking with authority. For 2000 years people have been seeing the 'signs' of Christ's eminent return, someday they might guess right.

I have a few questions about the end times that are too uncomfortable for Sunday School, can I ask them here?

We have prophets, so why are church members left to speculate about the end times?

Why was John, and even Nephi and Mormon/Moroni so unclear about the endtimes?
-and why did they even include them if they are a distraction that I am to not supposed to spend my time worrying about them?

Why were the old world prophets unclear about the signs leading to Christ's first coming?
---when on the other hand Samuel the Lamanite gave VERY clear unmistakeable signs.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Thank you for your work on this blog post, I really enjoyed it.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

tribrac wrote: May 1st, 2017, 12:45 pm
mmm..cheese wrote: April 30th, 2017, 8:28 pm You guys are as bad as Protestants about speculating about the end all the time.
You are right, there is too much speculation and no-one speaking with authority. For 2000 years people have been seeing the 'signs' of Christ's eminent return, someday they might guess right.

I have a few questions about the end times that are too uncomfortable for Sunday School, can I ask them here?

We have prophets, so why are church members left to speculate about the end times?

-and why did they even include them if they are a distraction that I am to not supposed to spend my time worrying about them?

Why were the old world prophets unclear about the signs leading to Christ's first coming?
---when on the other hand Samuel the Lamanite gave VERY clear unmistakeable signs.

I guess we'll have to wait another 2000-4000 years. I can't imagine technology by-then

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Z2100 wrote:

I so enjoy your work: thank you for posting it. I wonder why you think that the 42 months started last fall. This is the 42 month period that a wicked ruler has power over the Saints, correct?

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

Matthew 24:36
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

36 ¶ But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Regards,

George Clay

RAB
captain of 100

Post by RAB »

My opinion...Samuel was virtually right before it happened...five years to be exact. The believers were under great persecutions and penalty of death right before the sign of Christ's birth. Samuel told them it would happen in five years. Nephi received the revelation that it was happening the next day. Those were precise revelations to prophets right before those things happened. Many had fallen away before that time came. I believe we are likewise going through a sifting process, and will continue to do so, so that in the end, only the truly faithful will still be around when we get the word that Christ's coming is imminent...from the Prophet. And I don't think that will happen in my lifetime, and I am only 39.

This is why. I look forward to the idea of the millennium because the idea of raising kids and grandkids in peace for a thousand years is just awesome. However, I realize that the greatest steps I will take in my progression are going to happen now, while the temptations and trials of this world are here. As such, because this mortal probation does such a good job of helping us progress, as we overcome temptations and weaknesses and become stronger, I don't see Heavenly Father or Jesus wrapping it up until the earth is no longer useful for helping us progress. If we see missionary work shutdown around the world (either by governments as Russia did with the JWs, or by rejection because people have hardened their hearts and become increasingly more secular), and large restrictions placed on our religion, then yes, I can see the Lord saying the purpose of the earth is fulfilled. Or to paraphrase from the allegory of the olive tree, "What more could I have done for my vineyard?" Until then, I think we keep on keeping on, and I don't think the second coming happens in my life time. But I will be prepared if it does.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

LDS Physician worte:
I so enjoy your work: thank you for posting it. I wonder why you think that the 42 months started last fall. This is the 42 month period that a wicked ruler has power over the Saints, correct?
I’ve posted about the 42 months many times on the forum, in fact I’m pretty sure that the discussion on this subject started with my postings going back to 2009 when I joined the forum. Let me see if I can explain it in a way that will be understandable to forum members.

If you read my recent blog titled “The One Thousand, Two Hundred and Sixty Days” it will give you a basic understanding or overview of the concept. So that might be a good place to start. Now let me expand upon that and get into a bit more detail of the who and how of the 42 months according to Frank… :)

There are two separate and future time periods where the 42-months applies. Let us take the second one first, as it is the easiest to grasp. Leading up to the Lord’s appearance to the Jews at the battle of Armageddon, Gog is to lay siege against Jerusalem for 42 months or 1260 days according to John. At the end of the 42 months the “two witnesses” are killed and after 3 ½ days (Notice the math here is the same as the 42 months, that is 42 months = 3 ½ years) they arise and ascend to heaven. That is when the Lord appears and saves the Jews. So essentially this 42 months, 3 ½ years or 1260 days ends up being a count-down to the Lord’s second appearance….

The other 42-month period applies to the Lord’s first appearance or when he comes as the Bridegroom. My feeling is that Obama is playing a key roll here, so just keep that in mind. We start by going to Rev. 13 and read:
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
Notice that this entity has “a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies” and is to “continue forty and two months”. It is also “given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations”… Sounds like we are dealing with globalism for sure… Now we go to Daniel 7 where we pick up even more details about this situation, we read:
20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn (the little horn or America) that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.
21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.
Note above that when Daniel speaks of the little horn (America) that it has “eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things”. Earlier in the chapter (v8) Daniel uses this phrase, “in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things”. I think Daniel is telling us that this is a man speaking and he represents the little horn or America. Well, “the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them”… Moving forward we read:
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.
Note in verse 25 above that this entity, I’m going to say person, “think(s) to change times and laws”… Do you remember what the theme of Obama’s first campaign was?…. “Change”, right? And what has he sought most diligently to change?… “Laws”, right? More particularly, the corrupting of our constitutional form of government and giving us over to globalism…

Daniel says of the saints, “they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time”. We decode this phrase thusly. A time = 1 year, times = 2 years and the dividing of time = half a year. So we have 3 ½ years or 42 months.

Obama appears to have fulfilled Daniel’s words so far but John says that he is to “continue forty and two months”. It is this continuing that is the key to the beginning of the 42 months. Some of us speculated in the past that he might declare martial law and “continue” in that way. Apparently that was not what John had in mind.

However, it does appear that Mr. Obama is continuing in a way that no former president of the United States ever has. He appears to be the head or at least very involved in the deep state or shadow government as they say. I hear that he has intentions of giving speeches and meeting with other globalists leaders.

I have long believed that Mr. Obama would go on the completely fulfill both John and Daniel’s prophecy of the 42 months. For now it appears that he is doing so, we will have to wait and see how it all plays out. Now, if I am correct and we are in the 42 months, it means that the Second Coming is soooo very close! Daniel tells us of the close association of the 42 months and the coming of the Lord, we read Daniel’s words again:
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
26 But the judgment shall sit, (Adam at Adam-Ondi-Ahman) and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.
So it appears that the 42 months serve as a countdown to the final sequence (perhaps six months or so) leading up to the saints arriving in Jackson County and the great meeting at AOA which I believe is the Second Coming…. After that “the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High”.

Sorry this is kind of quick and sketchy but it should serve as an overview of why I think we are most likely in the 42 months…

LatterDayLizard
captain of 100

Post by LatterDayLizard »

"And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations."
-Rev 13

I've been pondering if it's possible that these events could be happening right now, "under our noses" so to speak. As I've pondered, what comes to mind is Laman and Lemuel's reaction to their father's preaching:

"...And we know that the people who were in the land of Jerusalem were a righteous people; for they kept the statutes and judgments of the Lord, and all his commandments, according to the law of Moses; wherefore, we know that they are a righteous people..." I think any one of us could have easily found ourselves in a similar state of incredulity if we had lived in their day. It was Nephi's humility and willingness to ask the Lord for understanding that opened his mind to the truth and to see more clearly the wickedness that prevailed in their society.

So...like Laman and Lemuel, are we missing what's happening in our day, not out of sin but simply because we aren't seeing it yet? Sometimes it's hard to see the "forest of sin" for the "trees of acclimation".

I don't know for a fact that we are in the 42 months, and I don't believe we have to necessarily see it all as clearly as Nephi did in his day to be righteous, ready, and to follow the counsel of the prophet. Laman and Lemuel followed at first and were saved from death/slavery as a result of their obedience. Having said that, in pondering this scripture and forum conversation I've realized that it's very much within the realm of possibility that we are seeing these events unfold today.

mmm..cheese
captain of 100

Post by mmm..cheese »

Joseph Smith was really limited on certain aspects of the end days (at least what he disclosed). The Lord basically told him not to trouble him anymore about "when" He would return and I think God telling a prophet that speaks volumes.

I know this: If we are not ready for the Second Coming, then we are not doing what we are told. God could very well observe that we did not observe the commandment to be ready, however, I am not into guilt trips and pretending I am perfect, so we just need what we can and trust Jesus, right?

I think the prophets do speak about the End Days and we are free to read what is revealed. We can also read the Book of Revelation and think about its message (I am sure you know prophetic scriptures often contain layered meanings) and think about all the different meanings that they could possibly mean for you, as you liken them to yourself. I am not telling you how to study, but I am saying what seems to work for me.

It could potentially be a heavy burden to know the full extent about the whens and hows of the end days exactly. It would also potentially change the current test we have currently been given on the indivudal level if we knew those things.. in His own due time, yeah? I am not saying it is wrong to know, but there is an element of faith being tested when we do not know.

Plus, milk comes before meat. If we are to eat adult food, we should be really good on baby food. Do we know the Bible and the BoM like the back of our hand?

If I wanted to know the "hidden things" then I would start with becoming an expert on Scripture who applies it in the way General Conference teaches, which really means just being a great member of the Church.
Last edited by mmm..cheese on May 10th, 2017, 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mmm..cheese
captain of 100

Post by mmm..cheese »

I will say this, if I was to somehow know, in part, those things that so many people spend too much time wondering about, then I would rather receive it through special revelation that erases every fear and doubt of what the possibilities could be and grants me knowledge of the faithfulness of God. I originally didn't want to join the Church, but in desperation, I sought God and learned firsthand the Church was true and that God was real with 100% certainty (which I didn't know before). I joined and my fears about polygamy (among other things) were erased, because I knew it was true through revelation.

T. S. Monson's testimony could not give me that testimony (God bless Him).
Julie Rowe can't help someone know the end of days.

No amount of reading could have ever given me what I received before joining.

It came from God.

With regards to learning about end days.. I would invite anyone who wants to know that stuff... be ready to never know, but be willing to learn what is made available now for the right reasons. The Lord can come to you when you least expect it... A powerful still small whisper that pierces the soul... there is nothing that describes it. It feels like the GOD who is "the ground of all being" seeing through you and giving you a very strong impression. That is the only good way to receive a knowledge concerning this stuff...

Btw... if anything like that ever happens. Satan will also be watching and will likely try to do something similar.. might even be stronger than what happened with God (he may speak very clearly and provide many signs to convince you of the experience, he may even seem like he is testifying of the church.. the interpretations will be left to you. it will be somewhat confusing when you really think about it). Be really really careful. God won't be offended if you "try the spirits".......

ImprovementEra
Hi, I'm new.

Post by ImprovementEra »

Z2100 wrote:

While interesting, I have to disagree with this line of thinking.

The 42 months of you speak of refers to Rev 13:5 right?

That's the antichrist, and we don't have one yet. He hasn't been identified. And he comes in fairly late in the whole process leading up to the end, maybe only the last 7-10 years.

Also, you refer to Russia & 10 nations. Russia may be among them, but the key nation is Turkey, the home of Gog & Magog. Turkey was the Ottoman empire, which ruled the holy land until 1920 or so. The previous country to rule there was Rome until approx. 1250 AD.

In the west we like to think of Rome as the city in Italy & we forget that the Roman empire had 2 capitals. Byzantium as we call it was never the actual name of the country - it called itself Rome and didn't fall until 1250 or so.

This brings Daniel's prophecy from his time all the way to 1920 when the Ottoman empire fell - and this is the beast in Rev 17. When Turkey declares itself an empire again, the beast will have returned as in Rev 17:11-12.

Also, Elder McConkie said the 2nd coming has 4 parts. 1 has already happened - Kirtland temple I think. Next will be his quiet coming @ AOA, but there is no requirement for the war in Israel & his coming there to be close in time to the AOA appearance.

I expect a delay of 30 years or more while we build the New Jerusalem after his AOA appearance until Armageddon/Antichrist/beast attack Israel & the Savior comes to the rescue.

I hope to live long enough to see the NJ start building.

This is my opinion of course. I expect he'll be here before 2100, but probably not before 2050.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

ImprovementEra wrote:
While interesting, I have to disagree with this line of thinking.

The 42 months of you speak of refers to Rev 13:5 right?

That's the antichrist, and we don't have one yet. He hasn't been identified. And he comes in fairly late in the whole process leading up to the end, maybe only the last 7-10 years.

Also, you refer to Russia & 10 nations. Russia may be among them, but the key nation is Turkey, the home of Gog & Magog. Turkey was the Ottoman empire, which ruled the holy land until 1920 or so. The previous country to rule there was Rome until approx. 1250 AD.

In the west we like to think of Rome as the city in Italy & we forget that the Roman empire had 2 capitals. Byzantium as we call it was never the actual name of the country - it called itself Rome and didn't fall until 1250 or so.

This brings Daniel's prophecy from his time all the way to 1920 when the Ottoman empire fell - and this is the beast in Rev 17. When Turkey declares itself an empire again, the beast will have returned as in Rev 17:11-12.

Also, Elder McConkie said the 2nd coming has 4 parts. 1 has already happened - Kirtland temple I think. Next will be his quiet coming @ AOA, but there is no requirement for the war in Israel & his coming there to be close in time to the AOA appearance.

I expect a delay of 30 years or more while we build the New Jerusalem after his AOA appearance until Armageddon/Antichrist/beast attack Israel & the Savior comes to the rescue.

I hope to live long enough to see the NJ start building.

This is my opinion of course. I expect he'll be here before 2100, but probably not before 2050.

If your right that would mean that President Benson's promise to the generation of the Second Coming given in 1987 and more recently quoted by Thomas S. Monson in 2011 will all be dead…. Are Benson and Monson false prophets?

You can see President Monson’s comments here: http://thebridegroomcometh.net/video/

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

All missionary work will be completed before Jesus returns again. The native peoples in the Western Hemisphere are of the house of Israel, so I see it that when the Times of The Gentiles is over, we’ll still be preaching to peoples in the Western Hemisphere. We will eventually get through the Heathen Nations of North Africa and the Middle East.

Each period of missionary work is actually OVERLAPPED

We can expect to see the whole world receive the gospel within the next 40 years thanks to huge improvements in technology.