A message I was asked to share

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Re: A message I was asked to share

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

brlenox wrote: April 28th, 2017, 7:01 pm
In several respects, your observations are correct. It is not fair to kick Jules when she is down - it has a lot to do with the nature of what she is claiming and the manner in which she presents herself. However, your points are well made and taken. I will take from them that which is of salient value and work on them.
Thank you for your consideration after getting slapped, but you assume I am "down" ;)

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Jules wrote: May 3rd, 2017, 9:29 pm
In several respects, your observations are correct. It is not fair to kick Jules when she is down - it has a lot to do with the nature of what she is claiming and the manner in which she presents herself. However, your points are well made and taken. I will take from them that which is of salient value and work on them.
Thank you for your consideration after getting slapped, but you assume I am "down" ;)
P.S. We disagree on the quote, but you still missed my point - even if we let go of the quote.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

SmallFarm wrote: April 28th, 2017, 8:37 pm
Elizabeth wrote: April 28th, 2017, 8:29 pm Many LDS posters were "permanently" banned numerous times by Jules, including myself.
brlenox wrote: April 28th, 2017, 11:46 am I was completely banned ... Most of those who complained against the prophets and put down the church have left and while they may think otherwise, I think over time they couldn't tolerate the testimonies of those who hung on during those years.
Nobody has ever had the ability to ban people but Brian.... try again
Actually in the beginning all the mods DID have the ability to ban under certain rules, and with Brian's ultimate approval. ALL bans were approved by Brian even if the mods did them.

Elizabeth, if you were permanently banned, you likely would not have been here to leave that comment. ;-)

One of the most freeing days of my life was when I quit that volunteer job that taught me a whole bunch over those few years. But I am grateful I learned to love lots of people here, I thought I didn't like online - including one guy I banned at least TWICE! He's getting married soon and wants to fly me out to their wedding!! (guess we lived through a little banning and forum bickering; most of us, seem to be a LOT nicer in person, in my experience) :)) ;-) )

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

AI2.0 wrote: May 1st, 2017, 10:02 am Alaris, Butterfly? Did you read that Jules' quote was wrong? Did you notice that she had NOTHING to say about it, not even an acknowledgment that she had led her audience astray? Or are we supposed to just ignore that because it was 'insulting' (Alaris) to point it out? Is the 'knee jerk' reaction to always gloss over or defend missteps by those who belong to the 'Remnant', at the expense of truth and/or accuracy? It may not be, but that seems to be how it is around here. :(

Also, Brlenox, the quotes you've provided are well worth saving for future reference. I very much appreciate your participation on this forum. :)
Did you notice that Jules said she didn't come here to argue?

P.S. I don't live here anymore.

P.S.S. I disagree with brlenox and don't care to argue about a quote I used to make a point about my opinion, that can be made just fine if you want to simply ignore the quote that isn't the point in the first place that I'm not going to argue about ;-).

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

=)) ;;) YMWHISTLE :D
Jules wrote: May 3rd, 2017, 9:40 pm Elizabeth, if you were permanently banned, you likely would not have been here to leave that comment. ;-)

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

Jules wrote: May 3rd, 2017, 9:54 pm
AI2.0 wrote: May 1st, 2017, 10:02 am Alaris, Butterfly? Did you read that Jules' quote was wrong? Did you notice that she had NOTHING to say about it, not even an acknowledgment that she had led her audience astray? Or are we supposed to just ignore that because it was 'insulting' (Alaris) to point it out? Is the 'knee jerk' reaction to always gloss over or defend missteps by those who belong to the 'Remnant', at the expense of truth and/or accuracy? It may not be, but that seems to be how it is around here. :(

Also, Brlenox, the quotes you've provided are well worth saving for future reference. I very much appreciate your participation on this forum. :)

P.S.S. I disagree with brlenox and don't care to argue about a quote I used to make a point about my opinion, that can be made just fine if you want to simply ignore the quote that isn't the point in the first place that I'm not going to argue about ;-).
Jules, Jules, Jules you little cutie pie you....no one want's to argue with you we simply hope that you will make an effort to clear your good name by validating the quote. It would add legitimacy to your other claims if I was wrong in my assessment and you at least could show that it was someone else that had modified the quote. As it is it really does somewhat represent an indictment of moral turpitude if it remains as it appears and that really does compromise your overall message. However, if you wish to let it stand - that's just fine as well.

Appreciate your dropping by...

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

alaris wrote: May 1st, 2017, 3:37 pm Did you even read what Brlenox posted or how I responded or how he conceded? Try to imagine one of the apostles participating in this thread if you have a testimony of such as I do. Would they say something like "this is a actual quote" before quoting something? Of course not. Sorry to use that again Brlenox as I know you conceded that... AI 2.0 is apparently still trying to justify unacceptable behavior. Why anyone would try to justify truth declaration with condescending and contentious language with examples of the Savior is truly appalling. Watching people in these forums invite contention and condescend and justify such behavior as being Christ-like is not something I can stand idly by and watch.

So why are you still contending with me AI 2.0? For what purpose? What are you trying to justify?

Can we not agree we can all teach and correct with meekness and gentleness and love unfeigned? This is all I am saying yet so many of you are eager to justify the opposite. Language matters. You will be judged for such. Please read the scriptures I quoted from Moroni 7. Nowhere in there nor anywhere in Christ's teaching can you justify treating those in error with contention.

Yes. If someone is sincerely seeking truth and not seeking to lure people to sin... Yes of course that matters for you should treat someone by the tenants of the Priesthood as outlined in D&C 121 with gentle guidance rather than unnecessary rudeness then that could be the difference in that souls path.

Zeezrom was sincere in his efforts to confound the men of God ... not sincerely seeking truth. Zeezrom was trying to catch them in their words to deny God - truly the spirit of antichrist. Is that what Jules is? Can you qualify such? I truly cannot believe you used Zeezrom as an example of "sincerity." The deceived truthseeker sincerely seeking truth and the deliberate sinner sincerely fighting against God does not somehow equate because the word "sincerity" is in both sentences. Both are in error - but only one is aligned to Jesus Christ.

Brelnox discovered Jules altered a quote - that may be evidence to deliberately deceive. I think it's fine he pointed it out and asked her to justify such. Can we do such as disciples of Jesus Christ and show love in the process rather than trying to gratify our "aha got you!" pride? Are we all so eager to call someone a "Child of hell?" Do you really believe Jesus was laying the example to you AI2.0 of how to treat people when he called the Pharisees white sepulchers? Or was this a moment where the Judge Himself is judging?
Matthew 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men’s bones, and of all uncleanness.
What am I trying to justify? I will tell you plainly. Stand up for the truth as you do ... but do not be so eager to throw in language that invites contention or language that is obviously rude. The truth doesn't need that sort of help. The truth is comfortable all on its own. This is my invitation to you to invite the spirit of the Lord in all your dealings. I have faltered in this myself being human. I have been called out for being rude. I apologized both in public and in private for such--search my posts and you will find this.

I cannot sit by and watch you guys thank each other while breaking the golden rule and treating others with rudeness and condescension. Is there so much pride in you that you cannot simply say, "Alaris - I can clearly see your only aim is to elevate our treatment of each other, which is a noble principle indeed. I accept your invitation."
Thank you for your posts Alaris. I'm bouncing off of yours because you brought up this point I want to respond to here:

Regarding my alleged intent to deceive with this quote brlenox brought up. I read that quote from the book that is sitting in front of me right now. If I MISUNDERSTOOD context, or DISAGREE with brlenox about that quote, that does not prove or even imply deceit. It implies that brlenox likes to argue, and enunciates that I don't, and demonstrates that I did a crappier job of arguing than him. (I'm actually not feeling so bad anymore about the C+ I got in debate class!)

That particular quote - as I will remind anyone here who cares, was used on an internet discussion forum where I tried to explain the POINT in that paragraph - which is my opinion, that "SPIRITUALITY IS WEIRD", and I pulled whatever examples I have from scriptures and the books about Joseph Smith I had handy; it is not a quote I used on my blog. That the quote I picked out of a book on my kitchen table to defend that point - my opinion, is being used in attempt to qualify me as a deceiver, that implies to me that people are looking for a reason to accuse and did not read. brlenox, I actually thought more highly of your ability to argue. ;) I still disagree with you on the point - which IS the point; the quote is not the point.

brlenox

Post by brlenox »

Jules wrote: May 3rd, 2017, 9:29 pm
Slapped once? Heck I had to turn the other check about a dozen times on that one...I was starting to feel like a windmill.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

brlenox wrote: May 3rd, 2017, 10:15 pm
Jules wrote: May 3rd, 2017, 9:54 pm

Jules, Jules, Jules you little cutie pie you....no one want's to argue with you we simply hope that you will make an effort to clear your good name by validating the quote. It would add legitimacy to your other claims if I was wrong in my assessment and you at least could show that it was someone else that had modified the quote. As it is it really does somewhat represent an indictment of moral turpitude if it remains as it appears and that really does compromise your overall message. However, if you wish to let it stand - that's just fine as well.

Appreciate your dropping by...
Yep, time to be done here.

Let my lack of hanging out here and responding to whatever you pick apart, be a message that I sincerely don't care to argue with you - nothing else ;)

brlenox

Post by brlenox »

Jules wrote: May 3rd, 2017, 10:17 pm
alaris wrote: May 1st, 2017, 3:37 pm Did you even read what Brlenox posted or how I responded or how he conceded? Try to imagine one of the apostles participating in this thread if you have a testimony of such as I do. Would they say something like "this is a actual quote" before quoting something? Of course not. Sorry to use that again Brlenox as I know you conceded that... AI 2.0 is apparently still trying to justify unacceptable behavior. Why anyone would try to justify truth declaration with condescending and contentious language with examples of the Savior is truly appalling. Watching people in these forums invite contention and condescend and justify such behavior as being Christ-like is not something I can stand idly by and watch.

So why are you still contending with me AI 2.0? For what purpose? What are you trying to justify?

Can we not agree we can all teach and correct with meekness and gentleness and love unfeigned? This is all I am saying yet so many of you are eager to justify the opposite. Language matters. You will be judged for such. Please read the scriptures I quoted from Moroni 7. Nowhere in there nor anywhere in Christ's teaching can you justify treating those in error with contention.

Yes. If someone is sincerely seeking truth and not seeking to lure people to sin... Yes of course that matters for you should treat someone by the tenants of the Priesthood as outlined in D&C 121 with gentle guidance rather than unnecessary rudeness then that could be the difference in that souls path.

Zeezrom was sincere in his efforts to confound the men of God ... not sincerely seeking truth. Zeezrom was trying to catch them in their words to deny God - truly the spirit of antichrist. Is that what Jules is? Can you qualify such? I truly cannot believe you used Zeezrom as an example of "sincerity." The deceived truthseeker sincerely seeking truth and the deliberate sinner sincerely fighting against God does not somehow equate because the word "sincerity" is in both sentences. Both are in error - but only one is aligned to Jesus Christ.

Brelnox discovered Jules altered a quote - that may be evidence to deliberately deceive. I think it's fine he pointed it out and asked her to justify such. Can we do such as disciples of Jesus Christ and show love in the process rather than trying to gratify our "aha got you!" pride? Are we all so eager to call someone a "Child of hell?" Do you really believe Jesus was laying the example to you AI2.0 of how to treat people when he called the Pharisees white sepulchers? Or was this a moment where the Judge Himself is judging?
Matthew 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men’s bones, and of all uncleanness.
What am I trying to justify? I will tell you plainly. Stand up for the truth as you do ... but do not be so eager to throw in language that invites contention or language that is obviously rude. The truth doesn't need that sort of help. The truth is comfortable all on its own. This is my invitation to you to invite the spirit of the Lord in all your dealings. I have faltered in this myself being human. I have been called out for being rude. I apologized both in public and in private for such--search my posts and you will find this.

I cannot sit by and watch you guys thank each other while breaking the golden rule and treating others with rudeness and condescension. Is there so much pride in you that you cannot simply say, "Alaris - I can clearly see your only aim is to elevate our treatment of each other, which is a noble principle indeed. I accept your invitation."
Thank you for your posts Alaris. I'm bouncing off of yours because you brought up this point I want to respond to here:

Regarding my alleged intent to deceive with this quote brlenox brought up. I read that quote from the book that is sitting in front of me right now. If I MISUNDERSTOOD context, or DISAGREE with brlenox about that quote, that does not prove or even imply deceit. It implies that brlenox likes to argue, and enunciates that I don't, and demonstrates that I did a crappier job of arguing than him. (I'm actually not feeling so bad anymore about the C+ I got in debate class!)

That particular quote - as I will remind anyone here who cares, was used on an internet discussion forum where I tried to explain the POINT in that paragraph - which is my opinion, that "SPIRITUALITY IS WEIRD", and I pulled whatever examples I have from scriptures and the books about Joseph Smith I had handy; it is not a quote I used on my blog. That the quote I picked out of a book on my kitchen table to defend that point - my opinion, is being used in attempt to qualify me as a deceiver, that implies to me that people are looking for a reason to accuse and did not read. brlenox, I actually thought more highly of your ability to argue. ;) I still disagree with you on the point - which IS the point; the quote is not the point.
This is a valiant effort but you keep calling it a quote and that it is attributable to Joseph Smith and that's the problem it is not either. I read the quote from my copy of the same book but I would be interested in the link to the place where you refer to using it in an internet discussion because it sounds like you are saying that you used the quote in that discussion to prove a point which still leaves you as the source of the misquote. ( by the way if you ever get tight on funds Words of Joseph Smith in reasonable condition with a Dust Jacket can go anywhere from 125.00 to 300.00 on Ebay) From my perspective and perhaps I am just carrying too much baggage from the former days with Jules, it was deceptive and designed to mislead. While I appreciate your efforts you have yet to adequately dispel that possibility.

The other little itsy bitsy issue is that I am not trying to argue with you, I am simply calling you out. I think that is a legitimate element of the back and forth of internet forums. We don't just take someones word on church materials if it seems incongruent with the church.

As far as read - if I am correct and you are indicating read your blog post, then I am sorry because I read it 2 and 1/2 times. The only one that admitted not reading it for more than just a few moments was your defender alaris. Whom I suspect never got around to reading it based on his commentary.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Jules wrote: April 27th, 2017, 12:23 pm Yes my experiences are weird - just as weird as Lehi's / Nephi's dreams read to me, just as weird as Joseph Smith's weird experiences sound to me... let me pull out my scriptures and we will talk about "WEIRD" experiences. Of course it's weird - we are used to correlated thinking in this completely different "fallen world" that looks nothing like the spiritual world. We don't actually believe the crazy stories in the scriptures - we regard them as fairy tales with lessons; we believe the organization with paperwork and a building in front of us. If we actually believed our scriptures, we would be EXPECTING the things in them to be happening every day - including the weird things the prophets discuss in their encounters with God and Jesus Christ and angels and beings. Look at the craziness King Lamoni an his wife went through receiving the Second Comforter. Let's talk about the energy Nephi zapped Laman and lemuel with. Let's talk about the energy and powers that are discussed concerning the Arc of the Covenant. Let's talk about weird.... If a little weird and uncomfortable is too much for you, then I'm truly sorry for you - I'm pretty certain everyone who has had these experiences beyond the veil would classify them as "weird" compared to this world. (Do we seriously expect things NOT to look like the crazy scriptural examples when they happen?) YES - things you have not learned about yet or experienced yet are weird. I remember when I learned how babies are made... when I was age 4.... talk about WEIRD AND HORRIBLE in my 4 year old mind.

Joseph Smith said to the Relief Society on April 28, 1842 and also spoke this at a sermon in Nauvoo on May 1, 1842, and he states that "there was another dimension for determining weather manifestations and revelations approved by God".

So maybe you DO have to get out of the box a little if there is another dimension for doing that - one you might need to be quickened to - that is NOT like this one. So that's all the defending of my experiences I'll do - I don't actually care what LDSFF people think of me. The whole point was to post the message I was asked to share, and I hope that part is what people will pay attention to.

In case the MESSAGE of the post was missed, it is this:

**** Become quickened (and yes it's weird - here's a little info on some ways to help with that), receive the pure Love of Christ as you receive your own Second Comforter relationship with the Lord, and spread the pure Love of Christ you receive. ****

I'm truly sorry if that is offensive to some, but THAT is the whole point - in case the "weird" was too distracting for you. :)

Thanks for all the comments - I'm glad this was helpful and useful for some of you, and I also appreciate those comments that give me an understanding of why people are so uncomfortable receiving the things that we learned in church and in the temple, we can receive. It is all helpful to me in my own journey - including the challenge of coming to the snake pit to post this.
for brlenox without the quote we disagree on

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

brlenox wrote: May 3rd, 2017, 10:33 pm This is a valiant effort but you keep calling it a quote and that it is attributable to Joseph Smith and that's the problem it is not either.
Since both you and A120 brought up a quote you said was wrong, I'm not quite sure which quote I'm referencing, but if it was written in a book and she copied the words from the book, wouldn't that justify quote marks? And if the book attributed the words to JS, wouldn't that make someone think putting it in quotes is justifiable? Not good research writing, would definitely earn a red mark and a loss of points in a college paper, but understandable if one understands how the human mind works.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Okay. I just read Jules' post with the quoted part having a line through it. That was the quote I was referring to. I, personally, don't see it as a big deal.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

in the case of elder james e talmage(1862 - 1933 apostle1911), seems he had to show up and ask forgiveness to bishop koyle.

"Some time after Elder Talmage died, Bishop Koyle reported to some of his friends, that Elder Talmage had come to him in spirit, and begged forgiveness. Apparently, until Bishop Koyle forgave him, Elder Talmage was unable to progress any further. [7]
" http://kolobiv.blogspot.jp/2008/11/bish ... es-on.html

"30 And they are as the angels of God, and if they shall pray unto the Father in the name of Jesus they can show themselves unto whatsoever man it seemeth them good.
" (3ne28)

seems three nephites appeared to bishop koyle but not to church authorities. thats because they would deny for certain because of being under some agenda/protocol??
:-B

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

"Jared Koyle said...
Remember, there are two forces in the world, One that is good and one that tries to appear as good. Unfortunately, my great-great-grandfather was a false prophet. He went against the living prophet of his time. Remember also, you will know them by their fruits!
Follow the living prophet! Do whatever you need to study it out and come to your own conclusion and then, I promise, if you follow the living prophet, you will never go wrong.

LunarCanyon said...
Understanding that the Twelve will not always agree on an issue Joseph Smith gave us the key; he said that if there were disagreement to follow the majority. While my great grandfather had support of some of the apostles, he never had anywhere near a majority, and two different First Presidencies signed off that the work was of the devil, fulfilling the need for two or three witnesses. The story around the dream mine is compelling in that it seems to be plausible, but the entire intent behind the narrative is to raise one person above the Christ's leaders on earth, and it just did not, nor will it ever, happen."

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

sushi_chef wrote: May 4th, 2017, 6:22 pm in the case of elder james e talmage(1862 - 1933 apostle1911), seems he had to show up and ask forgiveness to bishop koyle.

"Some time after Elder Talmage died, Bishop Koyle reported to some of his friends, that Elder Talmage had come to him in spirit, and begged forgiveness. Apparently, until Bishop Koyle forgave him, Elder Talmage was unable to progress any further. [7]

"30 And they are as the angels of God, and if they shall pray unto the Father in the name of Jesus they can show themselves unto whatsoever man it seemeth them good.
" (3ne28)

seems three nephites appeared to bishop koyle but not to church authorities. thats because they would deny for certain because of being under some agenda/protocol??
=)) THAT bit of false information made my day.

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

Meili wrote: April 29th, 2017, 12:38 pmI would say that every dream is from God and has a message in it
Can this please be true with the dreams I have about Victoria's Secret models??? :D :D :X :X :X :-BD

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

FTC wrote: May 5th, 2017, 1:42 pm
Meili wrote: April 29th, 2017, 12:38 pmI would say that every dream is from God and has a message in it
Can this please be true with the dreams I have about Victoria's Secret models??? :D :D :X :X :X :-BD
:))
Just proves that every dream is definitely NOT from God.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Hmm..... You cut off the part about repentance.... :-?

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

sushi_chef wrote: May 4th, 2017, 6:22 pm in the case of elder james e talmage(1862 - 1933 apostle1911), seems he had to show up and ask forgiveness to bishop koyle.

" (3ne28)

Umm Bishop Koyle was "out there". You know he was excommunicated.

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

Meili wrote: May 5th, 2017, 1:52 pm
I never repent of anything in my dreams, and anything goes... ;)

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

FTC wrote: May 5th, 2017, 2:10 pm
Meili wrote: May 5th, 2017, 1:52 pm
I never repent of anything in my dreams, and anything goes... ;)
That's good because otherwise I have some explaining to do over that dream I had about my chiropractor....

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

kittycat51 wrote: May 5th, 2017, 2:03 pm

" (3ne28)

Umm Bishop Koyle was "out there". You know he was excommunicated.
I don't know about what sushi chef posted......but it's true he was excommunicated.

It devastated him; it was over his belief in his dream mine and the leaders telling him to cease and desist, but he was an old man and for all we know, he was dealing with some issues of age and maybe not complete and clear thinking. The dream mine was HIS whole life's work and whether we believe it or not, he did. He was obsessed with this belief that it was going to save the church from their enemies one day. I think his church leaders were tired of dealing with the fall out of his efforts. If Elder Talmage did feel that he needed forgiveness from Bishop Koyle for something he felt he did which he was later sorry for, I wouldn't be surprised. We all will need forgiveness for things, when we are able to see the whole picture, from others' point of view as well. It's between them and God. It just makes me happy to know that Heavenly Father allows us to work through these things--even though we may be on the other side.

I heard a similar experience from a person I trust who had a loved one come and tell him he needed to know he was forgiven because he couldn't progress any further. It rings true to me and from what I've read of how Bishop Koyle's situation was handled, I think there was need for forgiveness and repentance on both sides of the issue. Church leaders are doing the very best they can, but that doesn't mean they don't do things they might later feel were not right. We all are in need of forgiveness and compassion, IMO.

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

Jules wrote: May 3rd, 2017, 9:22 pm
Gage wrote: April 28th, 2017, 9:04 am We don't actually believe the crazy stories in the scriptures - we regard them as fairy tales with lessons;

I actually do believe every story in the scriptures and do not think they are crazy at all. I believe every Prophet was called of GOD in the scriptures and I believe he spoke to every single one of them that said he spoke to them. I also believe the Prophet that lives today, and if the prophet that lives today told me that he spoke to Jesus Christ I would absolutely believe him. If he told me I need to pack my things and move to safety, an earthquake is coming, I would pack my things that very minute. Do I believe you or the Julie Rowe's of the world (that post their experiences on Message Boards to get praise or money) speak to the Lord, no I absolutely do not. Some of you post these experiences like its nothing more than going to the mall. You are doing a disservice to other members who may be gullible enough to believe you (because they dont read their scriptures to know better) and can hurt their testimonies. They wonder why the Lord is not talking to them or why angels are not showing them around, and they may think are unworthy. It also leads others to post the same kind of experiences because they see the attention you get and they want that.
"doing a disservice to other members who may be gullible...."

I'm sorry, I did not realize it was my responsibility to babysit everyone's thoughts when I assert my opinion or share a story. I'll get back on taking care of you all in your heads....?? I am absolutely certain I am not "hurting" anyone's testimonies, LOL - that is their business and between them and God. (Who are "they" anyway... I don't know "them" or you... just some random opinion on the internet.) If people believe THE MESSAGE and are inspired to be loving and develop a better relationship with those around them, and develop a deeper relationship with the Savior, then awesome. If they disagree, no harm done. Certainly not MY responsibility what they decide or think, thanks. #:-s
Well I know you are lying when you say you have dreams, vision whatever, and say God told you to warn others. I am sorry but that is a flat out lie, I know without a doubt that God did not tell you to warn anyone of anything because God does not do that. He doesnt work like that. God warns his Prophets to warn us. He told us he does. He tells us not believe "Sister Smith" when they claim they talk to him because he tells us that he does not talk to them. He does not tell you to warn us. I am sorry but you are not being truthful. The Lord knew many would come in his name in the last days hence the reason he said do not listen to any of them otherwise how would we know which stay at home mom to believe?

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Gage wrote: May 8th, 2017, 2:05 pm
Jules wrote: May 3rd, 2017, 9:22 pm
Gage wrote: April 28th, 2017, 9:04 am We don't actually believe the crazy stories in the scriptures - we regard them as fairy tales with lessons;

I actually do believe every story in the scriptures and do not think they are crazy at all. I believe every Prophet was called of GOD in the scriptures and I believe he spoke to every single one of them that said he spoke to them. I also believe the Prophet that lives today, and if the prophet that lives today told me that he spoke to Jesus Christ I would absolutely believe him. If he told me I need to pack my things and move to safety, an earthquake is coming, I would pack my things that very minute. Do I believe you or the Julie Rowe's of the world (that post their experiences on Message Boards to get praise or money) speak to the Lord, no I absolutely do not. Some of you post these experiences like its nothing more than going to the mall. You are doing a disservice to other members who may be gullible enough to believe you (because they dont read their scriptures to know better) and can hurt their testimonies. They wonder why the Lord is not talking to them or why angels are not showing them around, and they may think are unworthy. It also leads others to post the same kind of experiences because they see the attention you get and they want that.
"doing a disservice to other members who may be gullible...."

I'm sorry, I did not realize it was my responsibility to babysit everyone's thoughts when I assert my opinion or share a story. I'll get back on taking care of you all in your heads....?? I am absolutely certain I am not "hurting" anyone's testimonies, LOL - that is their business and between them and God. (Who are "they" anyway... I don't know "them" or you... just some random opinion on the internet.) If people believe THE MESSAGE and are inspired to be loving and develop a better relationship with those around them, and develop a deeper relationship with the Savior, then awesome. If they disagree, no harm done. Certainly not MY responsibility what they decide or think, thanks. #:-s
Well I know you are lying when you say you have dreams, vision whatever, and say God told you to warn others. I am sorry but that is a flat out lie, I know without a doubt that God did not tell you to warn anyone of anything because God does not do that. He doesnt work like that. God warns his Prophets to warn us. He told us he does. He tells us not believe "Sister Smith" when they claim they talk to him because he tells us that he does not talk to them. He does not tell you to warn us. I am sorry but you are not being truthful. The Lord knew many would come in his name in the last days hence the reason he said do not listen to any of them otherwise how would we know which stay at home mom to believe?
I believe you're post is missing a vital element. I would ask you to consider whether you have prayed about whether or not President Monson is a prophet and whether you have prayed about whether or not the scriptures that say the prophets will warn us is true. Otherwise, I would say you might as well believe whatever stay at home mom you stumble across because you would be better situated to discover truth that way.

Jules has stated that she was asked to share a message and has no qualifications for that statement. She cannot rely on status or reputation to validate her claim. President Monson can rely on status and reputation to validate his claims. However, when it comes to accepting the word of God, status and reputation are meaningless.

If President Monson came on this forum in disguise and said he had a message to share from the Lord, would you recognize it then as a message from God? If so, how? If not, why not? How would you know he was different than the housewives on the forum?

Only through the Spirit of God can we know the things of God are true. Otherwise, you cannot be sure you aren't just another member of a misled group following the crowd. This goes for the scriptures as well as the words of living prophets. If you believe them to be true then there is no reason not to pray about them and receive a confirmation from the author of truth.