What is this, bizzaro world? How are these options even being discussed?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

What is this, bizzaro world? How are these options even being discussed?

Post by I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS »

"A senior Russian politician responded aggressively Monday to comments by the U.K.'s defense minister suggesting pre-emptive use of nuclear weapons against Russia is an option for London, claiming the U.K. would be completely annihilated by Russia's nukes in response."

http://www.newsweek.com/russia-nuclear- ... rth-589794

Z2100
captain of 100

Re: What is this, bizzaro world? How are these options even being discussed?

Post by Z2100 »

This is purely fake news. Now why would Russia want to fight the U.K? I don't think Russia wants another world war. That's the last thing any country wants...

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

Post by I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS »

Z2100 wrote: April 25th, 2017, 9:55 pm This is purely fake news. Now why would Russia want to fight the U.K? I don't think Russia wants another world war. That's the last thing any country wants...
They don't want war. If you read the article the comments from Russia were in response to comments made by the U.K. defense minister.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

I make no claims regarding the veracity of the following regarding Russia, but this thread reminded me of the following. (I added an Ezra Taft Benson quote to the end because he's my hero.)

http://www.josephsmithacademy.org/wiki/ ... st_England

Russia Will Rise Against England

Jesse W. Fox

Speaking about Russia brings to mind a prophecy which is accredited to the Prophet Joseph Smith, concerning this country. Elder Jesse W. Fox, Sr., received the narration from Father Taylor, the father of the late President John Taylor. The old gentleman said that at one time the Prophet Joseph Smith was in his house conversing about the Battle of Waterloo, in which Father Taylor had taken part. Suddenly the Prophet turned and said, “Father Taylor, you will live to see, though I will not, greater battles than that of Waterloo.” The slave question will cause a division between the North and the South, and in these wars greater battles than Waterloo will occur. But,” he continued, with emphasis, “when the great bear (Russia) lays her paw on the lion (England) the winding up scene is not far distant.”

These words were uttered before there was any prospect of war with Mexico, and such a thing as division in the United States was never contemplated. Yet these fierce struggles came, and though Joseph himself was slain before they occurred, Father Taylor lived to witness some of the world’s most remarkable battles. [He died May 27, 1870, in Salt Lake City, Utah.]

The struggle between the bear and the lion has not yet happened, but as surely as Joseph the Prophet ever predicted such an event so surely will it not fail of its fulfillment. 25

US Constitution
Ezra Taft Benson
We are fast approaching that moment prophesied by Joseph Smith when he said:

Even this Nation will be on the very verge of crumbling to pieces and tumbling to the ground and when the constitution is upon the brink of ruin this people will be the Staff up[on] which the Nation shall lean and they shall bear the constitution away from the very verge of destruction. 26