Julie Rowe: Soothsayer or False Prophet?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Z2100
captain of 100

Julie Rowe: Soothsayer or False Prophet?

Post by Z2100 »

Anyone who believes in Julie Rowe is an apostate. The church does not teach of "tent cities" and the "wake-up call earthquake." Go into the Gospel library app, search "False prophets" and go to the Topical Guide.
my favorite scriptures are:

"They profess that they know God; but in works, they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate." -Titus 1:16

"And liars and hypocrites shall be proved be them, and they who are not apostles and prophets shall be known." - D&C 64:39

JR has a "mental illness" because of the false dreams she has received from Satan, which is making her apostate (falling away- It's in the scriptures). There was another post on this thread or another that said that if we are given revelation from the Lord, we must keep it private and not share it; unless the Lord says otherwise. The Lord only shares visions with people he trusts. And from my understanding I have learned:

1. Patriarchs receive revelation on their family unit level
2. Bishops receive revelation on their ward level
3. Stake Presidents receive revelation on their Stake level
And so on...

But every so-often, the Lord reveals things to people on lower levels (lesser Priesthood keys). Anyone, such as Rowe, who claims to have seen tent cities and that crap, are false prophets. Her true character is being revealed. Just like the quote from D&C 64:39, false prophets are being made known [among the saints]. Christ even talked about this to his Apostles somewhere in The Epistles (Mark, Matthew, Luke, etc.)

How can we guard against believing false prophets and false revelations? -Chapter 25, "The Priesthood of The Church" Joseph F. Smith
Last edited by Z2100 on April 25th, 2017, 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

NinjaForJesus
captain of 10

Re: Julie Rowe a False Prophet? Yes!

Post by NinjaForJesus »

How do we also guard against dismissing the true prophets from the patterns we see in the scriptures?

Would I have dismissed Lehi as a prophet? It seems most did from what we read in the Book of Mormon.

Would I have dismissed Samuel the Lamanite? Abinadi? Nephi on His tower? Christ himself?

Lord, is it I?

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

NinjaForJesus wrote: April 24th, 2017, 5:50 pm How do we also guard against dismissing the true prophets from the patterns we see in the scriptures?

Would I have dismissed Lehi as a prophet? It seems most did from what we read in the Book of Mormon.

Would I have dismissed Samuel the Lamanite? Abinadi? Nephi on His tower? Christ himself?

Lord, is it I?

If we live righteously and pray for the guidance of the a Holy Ghost, then we should be able to discern false prophets from true. It's all in the faith.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Careful with that paint and brush you might stain your clothes

oxbloodangel
captain of 100

Post by oxbloodangel »

Lower levels? My ancestors were attracted to the message of the restored gospel: prophets, pastors, teachers, visions, miraculous healings, raising from the dead, healing the lame, seeing visions--and it all happened. I will not deny that heritage now. Revelation comes to all of us through the Holy Spirit, whether on a small, almost imperceptible level, or in grand and life-stalling manifestations like what happened to Saul on the road to Damascus or Lucy Mack's sister on her premature deathbed. Two people waited at the temple because they had received personal revelation about the baby Jesus. One was a man and the other a woman. Both were thrilled to have been blessed to witness in the flesh something they had already witnessed through personal revelation. Seeing dreams and visions of things to come is not so rare that it isn't found in many, many patriarchal blessings as a promise. Let's not covet gifts to the extent that we'll deny their existence.

A prophet leads a whole people, and alone or with other prophets speaks for God in preparing and guiding that whole people. But God has always spoken to people individually, as well. Look up the visions 1800s saints had about polygamy before Joseph even announced it. God prepared certain people to receive that high law because He knew it would be difficult and it was important for these people to stay with the Saints. God is so good. He knows what we need and what the Plan needs. He will do all that is requisite. He will not be limited by our perceptions of what He can do or might do.

I don't know if one certain person's visions have any validity for me at all, but if they matched what had been given to my family and prophets, you can bet I would sit up and pay attention. If they didn't, they'd go in the category of curiosities and maybes and doubtfuls. J.R. remains one of the handful of hullabaloo NDE prophets who has not built up a kingdom to herself or led people away from the LDS Church. It's apostasy to deny the prophetic power of the brethren; never heard her do that. I have heard others do that.

capctr
captain of 100

Post by capctr »

Is JR a false profit? Pfft!! The Kardashians are more genuine!

capctr
captain of 100

Post by capctr »

I meant it how I spelled it

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

oxbloodangel wrote: April 24th, 2017, 9:23 pm Lower levels? My ancestors were attracted to the message of the restored gospel: prophets, pastors, teachers, visions, miraculous healings, raising from the dead, healing the lame, seeing visions--and it all happened. I will not deny that heritage now. Revelation comes to all of us through the Holy Spirit, whether on a small, almost imperceptible level, or in grand and life-stalling manifestations like what happened to Saul on the road to Damascus or Lucy Mack's sister on her premature deathbed. Two people waited at the temple because they had received personal revelation about the baby Jesus. One was a man and the other a woman. Both were thrilled to have been blessed to witness in the flesh something they had already witnessed through personal revelation. Seeing dreams and visions of things to come is not so rare that it isn't found in many, many patriarchal blessings as a promise. Let's not covet gifts to the extent that we'll deny their existence.

A prophet leads a whole people, and alone or with other prophets speaks for God in preparing and guiding that whole people. But God has always spoken to people individually, as well. Look up the visions 1800s saints had about polygamy before Joseph even announced it. God prepared certain people to receive that high law because He knew it would be difficult and it was important for these people to stay with the Saints. God is so good. He knows what we need and what the Plan needs. He will do all that is requisite. He will not be limited by our perceptions of what He can do or might do.

I don't know if one certain person's visions have any validity for me at all, but if they matched what had been given to my family and prophets, you can bet I would sit up and pay attention. If they didn't, they'd go in the category of curiosities and maybes and doubtfuls. J.R. remains one of the handful of hullabaloo NDE prophets who has not built up a kingdom to herself or led people away from the LDS Church. It's apostasy to deny the prophetic power of the brethren; never heard her do that. I have heard others do that.
You actually bring up a good point about the revelation on polygamy. There were many who had revelations themselves or were privy to Joseph's revelation before it was revealed to the entire church. Most kept quiet, but a few took it upon themselves to spread the word and teach others about what they knew. It resulted in rogue men and women practicing spiritual wifery within the Church, and unauthorized polygamy that Joseph spoke out against. Ultimately they were impatient and acting selfishly in using this knowledge to their own advantage.
That is how I would classify Julie, at least from my perspective. She was immersed in knowing about numerous dreams and prophecies of the future, and also those posted on AVOW about tent cities, and took advantage of what she read. If indeed she had revelations, from what she claimed on AVOW, she saw EVERYTHING from Adam and Noah to Mitt Romney and Obama. She really did claim to see just about every major event in Church history and every recent event and natural disaster. I don't believe she had an NDE. At first everything was a "dream," and then she switched over to saying it was all from an NDE. After reading all her posts, my conclusion was that what she ultimately wanted to do was to lead people into Energy Healing. That was what she wanted to talk about the most when she came online, but when that conversation was thwarted she had to focus all her attention on her book and gaining credibility there.

But people should realize that some of the things that she claimed to see, that she borrowed from others, might actually be things that will happen. I've seen things that I'm sure people would think were out of my stewardship, but it was revelation to help me personally that happened to be about the future of things. I'm surprised I was shown what I was shown, but I can't deny it. I just hope that people will stay open minded and not condemn an idea just because a false prophet happened to use it to her advantage.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

Z2100,
JR has a "mental illness" because of the false dreams she has received from Satan, which is making her apostate (falling away- It's in the scriptures). There was another post on this thread or another that said that if we are given revelation from the Lord, we must keep it private and not share it; unless the Lord says otherwise. The Lord only shares visions with people he trusts. And from my understanding I have learned:

And so on...
Yes!

This is a point that I have tried to make over and over here! We all have different levels "connection" with the spirit. So it is nice to have a clear way to KNOW if someone is a false prophet, even if you have some doubts as to you own personal level of being "in tune" with the spirit. You can search previous threads and see how much I have been ridiculed by those who are false prophets, and those who are fascinated by them here on this board. I am accused of not believing in the promptings of the spirit, and in following man instead of God etc.

But it is true. God's kingdom is a kingdom of order. He will reveal things we need to know through his anointed prophets. He will reveal to us that which we need for our stewardship. If we receive a general revelation because of personal inquiry, then we will be instructed to keep it personal.

Regards,

George Clay

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

oxbloodangel wrote: April 24th, 2017, 9:23 pm Lower levels? My ancestors were attracted to the message of the restored gospel: prophets, pastors, teachers, visions, miraculous healings, raising from the dead, healing the lame, seeing visions--and it all happened. I will not deny that heritage now. Revelation comes to all of us through the Holy Spirit, whether on a small, almost imperceptible level, or in grand and life-stalling manifestations like what happened to Saul on the road to Damascus or Lucy Mack's sister on her premature deathbed. Two people waited at the temple because they had received personal revelation about the baby Jesus. One was a man and the other a woman. Both were thrilled to have been blessed to witness in the flesh something they had already witnessed through personal revelation. Seeing dreams and visions of things to come is not so rare that it isn't found in many, many patriarchal blessings as a promise. Let's not covet gifts to the extent that we'll deny their existence.

Then when the wake-up call earthquake happens, I shall kneel to her feet and kiss them and praise her for such magnificent revelations.

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

Just because Julie says she had dreams does not mean Julie had dreams. It amazes me the people that believe her for one, but even others that believe she had dreams- they were just from the Devil. Has it ever occurred to anyone the possibility that Julie never had any dreams? In my opinion anyone with half a brain can tell when the person is making up things in their head and on the fly when they describe their dreams that they say they had. I ran across an exert from one of these people you guys follow, I dont know which one it was but she was claiming she was overlooking different states, one minute Texas, the next Utah, the next Chicago, and also different cities. How did this silly woman know which state and city she was flying over? These people are scam artist and get gain from the gullible. "Many will come in my name" ever heard that one?

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Julie Rowe: Soothsayer or False Prophet?

Post by nightlight »

Careful with that paint and brush you might stain your clothes

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

How many times does Julie have to be wrong before it becomes obvious she is not speaking for the Lord?

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

Col. Flagg wrote: April 25th, 2017, 1:57 pm How many times does Julie have to be wrong before it becomes obvious she is not speaking for the Lord?
Well, unfortunately, for some, that may never happen. :-s

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Gage wrote: April 25th, 2017, 7:34 am Just because Julie says she had dreams does not mean Julie had dreams. It amazes me the people that believe her for one, but even others that believe she had dreams- they were just from the Devil. Has it ever occurred to anyone the possibility that Julie never had any dreams? In my opinion anyone with half a brain can tell when the person is making up things in their head and on the fly when they describe their dreams that they say they had. I ran across an exert from one of these people you guys follow, I dont know which one it was but she was claiming she was overlooking different states, one minute Texas, the next Utah, the next Chicago, and also different cities. How did this silly woman know which state and city she was flying over? These people are scam artist and get gain from the gullible. "Many will come in my name" ever heard that one?

I have heard that quote. We know indefinitely that:

1. Julie Rowe has something wrong with her
2. Her visions are false

Wouldn't people who "come in my [Christ's] name" sin against Christ?

Goonerboy
captain of 50

Post by Goonerboy »

The Lord has appointed One Prophet only to speak for His Church as a whole and that currently is Thomas S Monson. I find it disgusting to hear dissenters opposing the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles in General Conference. They need to repent before its too late. Church members need to stop looking at others for direction and follow the Council which we are all given by the Lord's Prophet and only as we do this we any of us ever find true peace and happiness in this wicked world. Remember the talk that was given about Looking beyond the Mark? Some may need to re-read it!!

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Goonerboy wrote: April 25th, 2017, 3:07 pm The Lord has appointed One Prophet only to speak for His Church as a whole and that currently is Thomas S Monson. I find it disgusting to hear dissenters opposing the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles in General Conference. They need to repent before its too late. Church members need to stop looking at others for direction and follow the Council which we are all given by the Lord's Prophet and only as we do this we any of us ever find true peace and happiness in this wicked world. Remember the talk that was given about Looking beyond the Mark? Some may need to re-read it!!

Thank you for your voice on this topic :)

Rumpelstiltskin
captain of 1,000

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Z2100 wrote: April 24th, 2017, 5:43 pm Anyone who believes in Julie Rowe is an apostate. The church does not teach of "tent cities" and the "wake-up call earthquake." Go into the Gospel library app, search "False prophets" and go to the Topical Guide.

"They profess that they know God; but in works, they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate." -Titus 1:16

"And liars and hypocrites shall be proved be them, and they who are not apostles and prophets shall be known." - D&C 64:39

And so on...

But every so-often, the Lord reveals things to people on lower levels (lesser Priesthood keys). Anyone, such as Rowe, who claims to have seen tent cities and that crap, are false prophets. Her true character is being revealed. Just like the quote from D&C 64:39, false prophets are being made known [among the saints]. Christ even talked about this to his Apostles somewhere in The Epistles (Mark, Matthew, Luke, etc.)

How can we guard against believing false prophets and false revelations? -Chapter 25, "The Priesthood of The Church" Joseph F. Smith
She is a deceived Later-day Saint who has been taken in by false spirits. What does that say about those who listen to her? I read her first book with great difficulty. I had to keep putting it down. There was so much embellishment of different subjects that it fairly shouted "false!" I've read some of her writing before she wrote her first book. She seemed much more humble. Now she surrounds herself with fanfare that shouts, "Look at me!" She keeps predicting the "Wasatch wakeup," and keeps getting it wrong. I guess if she predicts an earthquake every day for the following day she'll eventually get it right. I have her other two books. They'll make good kindling.

The best way to guard against false spirits and false prophets is to gain correct knowledge. If you know what is true and what is false, you cannot be deceived.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

You doubters obviously missed the big earthquake right under the U last year sometime before the elections, the elections that Hector Sosa said would result in Obama not leaving office. All ya'll are going to imminently regret not being in Tent City, Outadodge USA.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote: April 25th, 2017, 9:39 pm
Z2100 wrote: April 24th, 2017, 5:43 pm Anyone who believes in Julie Rowe is an apostate. The church does not teach of "tent cities" and the "wake-up call earthquake." Go into the Gospel library app, search "False prophets" and go to the Topical Guide.

And so on...

She is a deceived Later-day Saint who has been taken in by false spirits. What does that say about those who listen to her? I read her first book with great difficulty. I had to keep putting it down. There was so much embellishment of different subjects that it fairly shouted "false!" I've read some of her writing before she wrote her first book. She seemed much more humble. Now she surrounds herself with fanfare that shouts, "Look at me!" She keeps predicting the "Wasatch wakeup," and keeps getting it wrong. I guess if she predicts an earthquake every day for the following day she'll eventually get it right. I have her other two books. They'll make good kindling.

The best way to guard against false spirits and false prophets is to gain correct knowledge. If you know what is true and what is false, you cannot be deceived.

You know your stuff :)

CBentley
captain of 100

Post by CBentley »

Col. Flagg wrote: April 25th, 2017, 1:57 pm How many times does Julie have to be wrong before it becomes obvious she is not speaking for the Lord?
Col.,

I prophesy that the next time Sister Rowe prophesies that it won't come to pass. B-)

That doesn't make me a prophet. But that's how certain I am that these kinds of people are simply not prophets (or prophetesses).

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

You people worry what other members think of you, how you act, how you dress, you boast of your testimonies, but yet then without hesitation all out in the open, attend Firesides, listen to radio broadcasts, and buy books from a lady that claims God speaks to her about the destruction to come. You are to ignorant to see your ignorance.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Gage wrote: April 26th, 2017, 7:41 am You people worry what other members think of you, how you act, how you dress, you boast of your testimonies, but yet then without hesitation all out in the open, attend Firesides, listen to radio broadcasts, and buy books from a lady that claims God speaks to her about the destruction to come. You are to ignorant to see your ignorance.

it's very worrying. It is not everyone in the church, but there are many...

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Z2100 wrote: April 26th, 2017, 9:14 am
Gage wrote: April 26th, 2017, 7:41 am You people worry what other members think of you, how you act, how you dress, you boast of your testimonies, but yet then without hesitation all out in the open, attend Firesides, listen to radio broadcasts, and buy books from a lady that claims God speaks to her about the destruction to come. You are to ignorant to see your ignorance.

it's very worrying. It is not everyone in the church, but there are many...
Most have never even heard of Julie Rowe.

SouEu
captain of 50

Post by SouEu »

At first I looked at what Julie had to say. Much of what she said was the same that many others have said, so maybe it's just another witness. Then the whole energy healing thing came up.........and she's outta here!