Are we in the 42 months? If so, what does that mean?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Are we in the 42 months? If so, what does that mean?

Post by friendsofthe »

If you have followed my posts in the past, you might already understand that I believe that the 42 months is the best scriptural indicator or predictor we have of the Second Coming. It actually serves as a countdown.... How powerful is that?

Anyway, I thought I'd post an older blog I wrote on the subject to give some of the newer members of the forum some background information on the 42 months. But before I do that I want to state that I'm feeling rather certain that this countdown has begun. I've posted in the past that I thought Obama would go on to fulfill John's words where he says "and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months".

I've speculated in the past that he might do this by imposing martial law but in the end I decided that thing to do was to wait and see what happened. It now appears that he is in fact "continue(ing)" with his efforts to stir up strife and his involvement in the "deep state" or "shadow government"... At any rate, I think it's the real deal this time around....

Here's the blog... let me know what you think.
In the pervious blog (Predicting the Second Coming) we talked about two 42-month periods and showed how they help us know when the Lord is about to make his appearance. We mentioned that there will be signs leading up to these two 42-month periods that will indicate that the time is night at hand. For example, when the army of Gog begins to gather we should be looking for the siege against Jerusalem to commence.

However the first 42 months, leading up to the coming of the Bridegroom at Adam-Ondi-Ahman is particularly relevant to our generation. This is when he comes to the members of his church or the bride, this will be the fulfillment of the parable of the ten virgins. If we do not have sufficient oil in our lamps we will not be able to participate in the great gathering to Adam-Ondi-Ahman. Let us therefore strive to be one of the five wise virgins! There will be no re-takes or re-does of the Second Coming!

Latter-day events to unfold in America.

Now let us consider some of the signs or events that will lead us up to this first 42-month period. It is the prophecies of Daniel that hold the keys we seek. From chapter 2 we read:

44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

Here Daniel prophecies of the coming forth of God’s latter-day kingdom. It is to come forth “in the days of these kings” that is the kings of Europe. Were there not kings in Europe in 1830 when the church was established? There were, however it is equally important to note where this latter-day kingdom was established. The fact that it was to be established in America is according to God’s providence.

Now we move on to chapter 7 of Daniel where we learn of the coming of the “Ancient of days” who we know to be father Adam, we read:

9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

This great event is also to unfold in America according to Joseph Smith, said he:

“Daviess County, MO is by the mouth of the Lord called Adam-ondi-Ahman, because, said He, it is the place where Adam shall come to visit his people, or the Ancient of Days shall sit, as spoken by Daniel the Prophet.” (HC, J SMITH 3:35)

Daniel saw a succession of kingdoms in his visions but America was the place where the winding up scenes was to take place.

In Daniel’s vision he sees horns (latter-day nations) but it is the little horn (America) that will go on to persecute the saints most severely. This has already been partially fulfilled, since the time of the restoration the saints have never been persecuted more severely than here in America. Of this little horn Daniel says “even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things…beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them”.

Now let us go to verses 25-27 and again review his version of the 42 month:

25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Daniel says “he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws”.

Since these are events that are to unfold in America we might ask ourselves what or who Daniel saw? Do we see evidence of someone known for speaking “very great things” or “great words” and who has an agendum of “change”? Perhaps someone who “thinks to change” the “laws” upon which America was founded or is undermining the constitution?

If you are able to identify the events portrayed in verse 25 as they are unfolding, that might give you a good idea of just how close we are to the commencement of the 42 months of which Daniel speaks.

Just as the gathering of Gog’s army will signal the nearness the 42 month siege against Jerusalem, there are events unfolding in America that serve the same purpose as the coming of the Bridegroom nears. The Lord never intended that his saints should be caught unaware. From D&C 106 we read:

4 And again, verily I say unto you, the coming of the Lord draweth nigh, and it overtaketh the world as a thief in the night—
5 Therefore, gird up your loins, that you may be the children of light, and that day shall not overtake you as a thief.

Let us ponder, pray and be aware, that we might be as “the children of light” and be prepared for the coming of the Bridegroom!

Thanks for reading the blog. Please take a moment to like, share or subscribe to the blog! God bless until the next time!

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Re: Are we in the 42 months? If so, what does that mean?

Post by Matchmaker »

In spite of evidence to the contrary - threats of war, rumors of war, homelessness, crime, etc. - I too think the USA is moving into a period of prosperity on the world stage, maybe 3 to 7 years of it, while President Trump is still in office. During this time, I would not be surprised to see a short WW3, which the USA and its allies win, and more LDS moving to the West to be closer to the headquarters of the Church. Near the end of the reign of prosperity, something major will happen on a world-wide scale, such as catastrophic earthquakes, plagues, or an asteroid or comet coming too close to the earth, etc., that will signal the end of prosperity and the beginning of our trek back to Missouri to build the city of Zion.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Matchmaker wrote:
In spite of evidence to the contrary - threats of war, rumors of war, homelessness, crime, etc. - I too think the USA is moving into a period of prosperity on the world stage, maybe 3 to 7 years of it, while President Trump is still in office. During this time, I would not be surprised to see a short WW3, which the USA and its allies win, and more LDS moving to the West to be closer to the headquarters of the Church. Near the end of the reign of prosperity, something major will happen on a world-wide scale, such as catastrophic earthquakes, plagues, or an asteroid or comet coming too close to the earth, etc., that will signal the end of prosperity and the beginning of our trek back to Missouri to build the city of Zion.

I’m going to say that if we entered into the 42 months last fall that we have about 3 years until WW3, which would put it in the spring of the year. That’s when Isaiah says that “the land shadowing with wings” (America, according to Orson Pratt) will be brought down, says Isaiah: (18)
5 For afore the harvest, when the bud is perfect, and the sour grape is ripening in the flower, he shall both cut off the sprigs with pruning hooks, and take away and cut down the branches.
6 They shall be left together unto the fowls of the mountains, and to the beasts of the earth: and the fowls shall summer upon them, and all the beasts of the earth shall winter upon them.
So there is a pruning to take place (cut off the sprigs with pruning hooks) here in America, the great gentile nation mentioned so often in the Book of Mormon. From 3 Nephi 21 we read:
11 Therefore it shall come to pass that whosoever will not believe in my words, who am Jesus Christ, which the Father shall cause him to bring forth unto the Gentiles, and shall give unto him power that he shall bring them forth unto the Gentiles, (it shall be done even as Moses said) they shall be cut off from among my people who are of the covenant.
When this pruning take place in the spring of the year and this nation begins to feel the chastening hand of God, Orson Pratt’s words will come into play where he said:
“Well then, to return to the prophesying, when the time shall come that the Lord shall waste away this nation, he will give commandment to this people to return and possess their own inheritance which they purchased some forty-four years ago in the state of Missouri”. (Gerald N. Lund, The Coming of the Lord ,110.)
That will give the saints the summer months in order to make the trek back to “the state of Missouri” just in time to rendezvous with the Bridegroom in the fall of the year…. As the Lord has said:
(D&C 88)
92 And angels shall fly through the midst of heaven, crying with a loud voice, sounding the trump of God, saying: Prepare ye, prepare ye, O inhabitants of the earth; for the judgment of our God is come. Behold, and lo, the Bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

I've never understood why people seem to think that the numbers in visions such as in Revelation are literal, but the other things are symbolic. Shouldn't we also consider the numbers to be symbolic and not indicative of a certain amount of time?

In other words, if it says 3 and a 1/2 years or 3 days, it doesn't actually refer to that exact amount of time, but it refers to a concept or symbol represented by the numbers or the amount of time.

In my opinion, we are not looking at an actual 1/2 hour of silence--not even a half hour in God's time, it's not meant to be read that way. So, 144,000 doesn't mean the actual number, 12 is not meant to be read as an actual literal number and 42 months, shouldn't be either.

It's not three years and it's not seven years. These are concepts and symbols meant to be understood through the spirit of Prophecy. My basis for thinking this is that if the other things are symbols--like candlesticks and dragons, and wilderness, and colored horses, and lions, horns, pits, etc. then it ought to be clear that the numbers are also meant to be symbolic, not literal.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

^^^you get a gold star.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

A12.0 Wrote:
I've never understood why people seem to think that the numbers in visions such as in Revelation are literal, but the other things are symbolic. Shouldn't we also consider the numbers to be symbolic and not indicative of a certain amount of time?

In other words, if it says 3 and a 1/2 years or 3 days, it doesn't actually refer to that exact amount of time, but it refers to a concept or symbol represented by the numbers or the amount of time.

In my opinion, we are not looking at an actual 1/2 hour of silence--not even a half hour in God's time, it's not meant to be read that way. So, 144,000 doesn't mean the actual number, 12 is not meant to be read as an actual literal number and 42 months, shouldn't be either.

It's not three years and it's not seven years. These are concepts and symbols meant to be understood through the spirit of Prophecy. My basis for thinking this is that if the other things are symbols--like candlesticks and dragons, and wilderness, and colored horses, and lions, horns, pits, etc. then it ought to be clear that the numbers are also meant to be symbolic, not literal.

Please give an example of a prophecy from the scriptures, one that came to pass as predicted, that was not literal… :)

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

friendsofthe wrote: April 21st, 2017, 11:25 am
A12.0 Wrote:

Please give an example of a prophecy from the scriptures, one that came to pass as predicted, that was not literal… :)
The majority of The Revelation of John.

kfb
captain of 100

Post by kfb »

AI2.0 wrote: April 21st, 2017, 10:45 am I've never understood why people seem to think that the numbers in visions such as in Revelation are literal, but the other things are symbolic. Shouldn't we also consider the numbers to be symbolic and not indicative of a certain amount of time?

Often numbers that are used frequently are symbolic like 40 days , 12, etc. which often mean 'WHOLE" or complete or a long time. However in Revelations when John 9:5 says "five month" then it is really 5 months. Now we know that it could be a few days long or shorter due to the length of months vary, but it will be approximately 150 days.

Revelations 10:2 John speaking of the 2 prophets in Jerusalem says:

2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Is it really 42 months? Yes. Could it be a few days off? Certainly. But this is not symbolic time frame that means anything that you want it to mean. It really means 42 months or 3.5 years.

It's not as simple as saying it's all symbolic or it is all literal. But when the Lord give a distinct number found only once (or twice) in the Standard works, it is almost always literal.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Have just posted a new blog upon this subject that my interest some of you, here: http://thebridegroomcometh.net/the-one- ... ixty-days/

Also, check out this 90 sec. video from President Monson's 2011 priesthood talk, here: http://thebridegroomcometh.net/video/

Let me know what you think.... :)

Still Learning
captain of 100

Post by Still Learning »

kfb wrote: April 22nd, 2017, 11:27 am
AI2.0 wrote: April 21st, 2017, 10:45 am I've never understood why people seem to think that the numbers in visions such as in Revelation are literal, but the other things are symbolic. Shouldn't we also consider the numbers to be symbolic and not indicative of a certain amount of time?

Often numbers that are used frequently are symbolic like 40 days , 12, etc. which often mean 'WHOLE" or complete or a long time. However in Revelations when John 9:5 says "five month" then it is really 5 months. Now we know that it could be a few days long or shorter due to the length of months vary, but it will be approximately 150 days.

Revelations 10:2 John speaking of the 2 prophets in Jerusalem says:

2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Is it really 42 months? Yes. Could it be a few days off? Certainly. But this is not symbolic time frame that means anything that you want it to mean. It really means 42 months or 3.5 years.

It's not as simple as saying it's all symbolic or it is all literal. But when the Lord give a distinct number found only once (or twice) in the Standard works, it is almost always literal.
When has this happened? You say when the Lord gives a distinct # it is almost always. Not a compelling statement. Almost means not always. But where are there any actual situations where it did actually happen?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Applying standard interpretation of significant digits:

42 months = 41.5 to 42.5 months and a month may mean one lunar cycle.

1260 days is pretty darn precise; whereas 3.5 years = 3.45x365.25 to 3.55x365.25 days.

SouEu
captain of 50

Post by SouEu »

I don't think we are in the 42 months. When the tribulation starts, I'm sure we will all know it. I think it will start out with a tremendous bang, and go downhill from there.