The 42 Months

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

The 42 Months

Post by freedomforall »

I have no idea who authored this. Has anyone seen it before, or know who it was that wrote it? It is kind of interesting.

The 42 Months

I was first introduced to this idea while listening to a recording of W. Cleon Skousen. It was a talk about what would occur in the next 50 years. In that talk he explained his belief that the first beast of Rev. 13 was The New World Order. He further explained that at the end of 42 months of persecution upon the Saints, the beast would go down. (See Rev. 13:1-10) I find myself in complete agreement with Dr. Skousen on these two points. Let’s review the essential ideas by reading from the scriptures.

In verse 5 we are told, “And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months”.

Then in verse 6 we learn that the beast would commit “blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle”, (temple) thus indicating that the 42 months had commenced.

We also learn that “it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations”. (v. 7)

In verse 10 we read, “He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints”, indicating that the beast gets a fatal dose of his own medicine.

Thus, what we have here is a 42-month count down to the end of the New World Order. Since these events are to occur in our day, it would be of great value to understand them and recognize the signs that lead to their fulfillment. In other words, it would be nice to know when the 42 months will commence.

Why would the Lord give us such specific information about the duration of this count down and then leave us wondering? Answer: I don’t believe he has. Long before John wrote his revelation, the Lord had prepared a collaborating witness to these events. By taking the words of John and adding an even more detailed account of these same events from the Old Testament, we are able to complete a very comprehensive picture.

From Daniel chapter 7:25 we learn that the “little horn” (America, who’s military and financial powers have been subverted to support the New World Order) “shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws”. This language sounds very familiar after reading what the beast said above. It also gives us the additional understanding that the “little horn” would “think to change times and laws”.

Another very telling similarity between John’s account and that of Daniel’s is the duration of this event. John says “forty and two months”. Daniel says it this way, “and they (the saints) shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time”. We can decode this thusly, “time” equals one year, “times” equals two years, and “the dividing of time” equals one half of a year. So as we do the math, what do we come up with? Well, 42 months of course! After all, Daniel is telling us about the exact same events that John told us about.

So what is it that we need to be looking for? Answer: We need to be looking for a time when the “little horn” (in association with the N.W.O.) will drastically ratchet up it’s bid for control, or “speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws”. He shall also speak “blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle”, or temple.

As I said in the beginning. It was Dr. Skousen that introduced me to the idea that the first beast of Rev. 13 was the N.W.O. However, it was my own studies that lead me to the collaborating evidence contained in the 7th chapter of Daniel. Now let me share how I believe these prophecies are being fulfilled in our day.

In the fall of 2008 we all witnessed some very drastic political and economic changes. The reverberations flowing from these events are still very much with us. Global economic slowdown, socialization of banking, auto making and more recently, health care. Mammoth legislative changes implemented without our representatives even reading the bills. The list could go on and on. Would you say that the people behind this reckless course “think to change times and laws”? I think that is exactly what they are doing.

But that’s only part of the prophecy. There’s still the other part, the part where the beast will “blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle”. (Temple)

Did you notice? About the same time that our present change oriented administration came to power, there was something going on to do with temples? A little thing called Prop 8? Did you know that the L.A. temple was shut down while protesters marched with their banners and shouted? Some with hateful and degrading language. This was all very well documented in the news and on youtube.

So from my perspective, the signs have been given and the countdown is on. You can decide for yourself, and should you agree, you could do the calculations for yourself as well. (Nov. of 2008 + 42 months = May of 2012)

I may be over simplifying here, but that’s for a reason. My intent is to be as direct and straightforward as I can be. Some are able to sift through the more complete and complex explanations contained in my book and get it. Still, others are not, and so this document is intended to be as easy to understand as I can make it.

Now, may I give one more word of explanation that may help you see these events from a new perspective. Many who have already been exposed to the ideas that Dr. Skousen or others may have presented on the 13th chapter of Rev., are looking for this persecution to start. They are expecting it to be directed very specifically upon the church. After all, both John and Daniel use the word “saints”. Please, allow me to propose a little different interpretation.

I would like to suggest that both John and Daniel had a much border view of “the saints” than just those who belong to the church today. I propose that they were speaking of all of those who would eventually come out of the world in these days of great tribulation. Considering that Israel is about to be gathered in unprecedented numbers, that would be quite a number of future “saints”. I believe that many of the good people of this nation (and in other nations) that are not presently members, but are resisting the beast (N.W.O.) and thus advocating freedom and agency, were included as “saints”.

And how does this persecution come about? Answer: By the relentless and systematic attack on the constitutional rights and freedoms of the people. It is an attack on agency. This attack has been going on since before any of us were born. It has been ramping up over the years. One freedom after another has been lost. More and more unconstitutional laws implemented. All brought about through amendment, fraud, usurpation, and most of all, getting us to give up our freedoms for a promise that our federal government would provide. Provide for our retirement. Provide for our safety. Provide for our energy needs. Provide for education. Provide for economic development. Provide for transportation. Provide for the environment. Provide for our health care, provide, provide, and provide! Providing to the point that our providers become our dictators.

It all boils down to a battle over freedom or agency. Those who stood with Christ in the pre-mortal life and continue with diligence on earth are on one side (the saints). They are few in number. Those who are overcome by the dragon (Satin) and subject themselves to the beast are arrayed on the other side. Just when it looks like the beast has won, his time runs out and God brings about his ruin by self destruction.

Now we find ourselves at the end game, the 42 months. It is a countdown to change. As Ezra Taft Benson said, “The Lord has declared that before the second coming of Christ it will be necessary to ". . . destroy the secret works of darkness, . . ." in order to preserve the land of Zion—the Americas.” (2 Nephi 10:11-16) (G.C. Oct. 1961)

(Note: For a more complete explanation of why I believe that the “little horn” is America, you should read chapter 10 of “Fall Of The Great And Abominable Church”.)

I ask, has anyone heard of this listed book?

Comments?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Re: The 42 Months

Post by Alaris »

I have not but it is similar to a paper I was given on my mission 20 years ago. The time times and half a time.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Obviously his interpretation was incorrect. I think the author frequents this site.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Freedomforall wrote:
I have no idea who authored this. Has anyone seen it before, or know who it was that wrote it? It is kind of interesting.

The 42 Months

I was first introduced to this idea while listening to a recording of W. Cleon Skousen. It was a talk about what would occur in the next 50 years. In that talk he explained his belief that the first beast of Rev. 13 was The New World Order. He further explained that at the end of 42 months of persecution upon the Saints, the beast would go down. (See Rev. 13:1-10) I find myself in complete agreement with Dr. Skousen on these two points. Let’s review the essential ideas by reading from the scriptures.

In verse 5 we are told, “And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months”.

Then in verse 6 we learn that the beast would commit “blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle”, (temple) thus indicating that the 42 months had commenced.

We also learn that “it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations”. (v. 7)

In verse 10 we read, “He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints”, indicating that the beast gets a fatal dose of his own medicine.

Thus, what we have here is a 42-month count down to the end of the New World Order. Since these events are to occur in our day, it would be of great value to understand them and recognize the signs that lead to their fulfillment. In other words, it would be nice to know when the 42 months will commence.

Why would the Lord give us such specific information about the duration of this count down and then leave us wondering? Answer: I don’t believe he has. Long before John wrote his revelation, the Lord had prepared a collaborating witness to these events. By taking the words of John and adding an even more detailed account of these same events from the Old Testament, we are able to complete a very comprehensive picture.

From Daniel chapter 7:25 we learn that the “little horn” (America, who’s military and financial powers have been subverted to support the New World Order) “shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws”. This language sounds very familiar after reading what the beast said above. It also gives us the additional understanding that the “little horn” would “think to change times and laws”.

Another very telling similarity between John’s account and that of Daniel’s is the duration of this event. John says “forty and two months”. Daniel says it this way, “and they (the saints) shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time”. We can decode this thusly, “time” equals one year, “times” equals two years, and “the dividing of time” equals one half of a year. So as we do the math, what do we come up with? Well, 42 months of course! After all, Daniel is telling us about the exact same events that John told us about.

So what is it that we need to be looking for? Answer: We need to be looking for a time when the “little horn” (in association with the N.W.O.) will drastically ratchet up it’s bid for control, or “speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws”. He shall also speak “blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle”, or temple.

As I said in the beginning. It was Dr. Skousen that introduced me to the idea that the first beast of Rev. 13 was the N.W.O. However, it was my own studies that lead me to the collaborating evidence contained in the 7th chapter of Daniel. Now let me share how I believe these prophecies are being fulfilled in our day.

In the fall of 2008 we all witnessed some very drastic political and economic changes. The reverberations flowing from these events are still very much with us. Global economic slowdown, socialization of banking, auto making and more recently, health care. Mammoth legislative changes implemented without our representatives even reading the bills. The list could go on and on. Would you say that the people behind this reckless course “think to change times and laws”? I think that is exactly what they are doing.

But that’s only part of the prophecy. There’s still the other part, the part where the beast will “blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle”. (Temple)

Did you notice? About the same time that our present change oriented administration came to power, there was something going on to do with temples? A little thing called Prop 8? Did you know that the L.A. temple was shut down while protesters marched with their banners and shouted? Some with hateful and degrading language. This was all very well documented in the news and on youtube.

So from my perspective, the signs have been given and the countdown is on. You can decide for yourself, and should you agree, you could do the calculations for yourself as well. (Nov. of 2008 + 42 months = May of 2012)

I may be over simplifying here, but that’s for a reason. My intent is to be as direct and straightforward as I can be. Some are able to sift through the more complete and complex explanations contained in my book and get it. Still, others are not, and so this document is intended to be as easy to understand as I can make it.

Now, may I give one more word of explanation that may help you see these events from a new perspective. Many who have already been exposed to the ideas that Dr. Skousen or others may have presented on the 13th chapter of Rev., are looking for this persecution to start. They are expecting it to be directed very specifically upon the church. After all, both John and Daniel use the word “saints”. Please, allow me to propose a little different interpretation.

I would like to suggest that both John and Daniel had a much border view of “the saints” than just those who belong to the church today. I propose that they were speaking of all of those who would eventually come out of the world in these days of great tribulation. Considering that Israel is about to be gathered in unprecedented numbers, that would be quite a number of future “saints”. I believe that many of the good people of this nation (and in other nations) that are not presently members, but are resisting the beast (N.W.O.) and thus advocating freedom and agency, were included as “saints”.

And how does this persecution come about? Answer: By the relentless and systematic attack on the constitutional rights and freedoms of the people. It is an attack on agency. This attack has been going on since before any of us were born. It has been ramping up over the years. One freedom after another has been lost. More and more unconstitutional laws implemented. All brought about through amendment, fraud, usurpation, and most of all, getting us to give up our freedoms for a promise that our federal government would provide. Provide for our retirement. Provide for our safety. Provide for our energy needs. Provide for education. Provide for economic development. Provide for transportation. Provide for the environment. Provide for our health care, provide, provide, and provide! Providing to the point that our providers become our dictators.

It all boils down to a battle over freedom or agency. Those who stood with Christ in the pre-mortal life and continue with diligence on earth are on one side (the saints). They are few in number. Those who are overcome by the dragon (Satin) and subject themselves to the beast are arrayed on the other side. Just when it looks like the beast has won, his time runs out and God brings about his ruin by self destruction.

Now we find ourselves at the end game, the 42 months. It is a countdown to change. As Ezra Taft Benson said, “The Lord has declared that before the second coming of Christ it will be necessary to ". . . destroy the secret works of darkness, . . ." in order to preserve the land of Zion—the Americas.” (2 Nephi 10:11-16) (G.C. Oct. 1961)

(Note: For a more complete explanation of why I believe that the “little horn” is America, you should read chapter 10 of “Fall Of The Great And Abominable Church”.)

I ask, has anyone heard of this listed book?

Comments?

Wow, this brings back interesting memories…. I wrote “Fall of The Great And Abominable Church” back in 2009. That was very early in my career as a blogger and writer. Since that time I also put out my second book “A Year with No Rainbow”.

I continue to research and study this most important subject but as with all writers / researchers my views have continued to evolve and mature. My present understanding of these matters is light-years ahead of where I was when “A Year with No Rainbow” was written.

At present I have no website or blog on the Internet but may remedy that situation in the very near future. In the meantime you may be interested in viewing some of my video blogs on YouTube. They represent some of my most recent thoughts on matters surrounding scripture and the Second Coming…. Here are a few links:

The Sequence of the Second Coming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOq__AD86C8
The Four Pillars of the Second Coming and D&C 88: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgit8LyBuLg
The Four Pillars of The Second Coming / Section 45: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDC1if5andU
Four Pillars of the Second Coming and Joseph Smith Matthew: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKNOK1r8EDE
How Shall Zion be Redeemed?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNmz1MADz4w&t=41s

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

I was going to view your videos but I can hear the first one, is it my device or your recording? The second one is better, nope just the music is louder, not the voice

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

It works well on my computer, however, your not the first one to mention this.... let me know exactly what video or videos you have trouble with... :)

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

friendsofthe wrote: April 16th, 2017, 9:59 pmWow, this brings back interesting memories…. I wrote “Fall of The Great And Abominable Church” back in 2009. That was very early in my career as a blogger and writer. Since that time I also put out my second book “A Year with No Rainbow”.

I continue to research and study this most important subject but as with all writers / researchers my views have continued to evolve and mature. My present understanding of these matters is light-years ahead of where I was when “A Year with No Rainbow” was written.

At present I have no website or blog on the Internet but may remedy that situation in the very near future. In the meantime you may be interested in viewing some of my video blogs on YouTube. They represent some of my most recent thoughts on matters surrounding scripture and the Second Coming…. Here are a few links:

The Sequence of the Second Coming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOq__AD86C8
The Four Pillars of the Second Coming and D&C 88: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgit8LyBuLg
The Four Pillars of The Second Coming / Section 45: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDC1if5andU
Four Pillars of the Second Coming and Joseph Smith Matthew: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKNOK1r8EDE
How Shall Zion be Redeemed?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNmz1MADz4w&t=41s
Thanks for the reply and info. A solid connection makes things more palatable one might say.

Do you know who wrote "The 42 Months" and/or where it is found?
Also, I looked over the web for “Fall of The Great And Abominable Church” because of the reference to it by the author, How do I acquire a copy?

I like reading about end times and personally shun away from trying to forecast the Savior's return or to chronologically place events. The best answer I have ever heard about His return is......sometime tomorrow. :D I see that you have put a lot of thought into your works based on scripture.

I'll give the Youtube videos a looksee.

It sure is a small world, huh?

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Freedomforall wrote:
Do you know who wrote "The 42 Months" and/or where it is found?
I wrote it some time ago, like 2009 or so and I believe I posted it on this forum… that’s most likely where it came form. I’ve posted about the 42 months so many times on this forum that I just can’t keep track…
Also, I looked over the web for “Fall of The Great And Abominable Church” because of the reference to it by the author, How do I acquire a copy?
“Fall of The Great And Abominable Church” was my first book, it was a little more wide ranging than what I write about now. You won’t find it anywhere because I self published the book. I do have a few paper copies…
I like reading about end times and personally shun away from trying to forecast the Savior's return or to chronologically place events. The best answer I have ever heard about His return is......sometime tomorrow. :D I see that you have put a lot of thought into your works based on scripture.
Truth is that just about anything your ever wanted to know about the sequence and timing of the Second Coming is in the scriptures, plus and a few very select statements of the brethren….. The problem most of us have is that we are waiting to read it in the Church magazine…

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Thanks for this!