Question

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Question

Post by Robin Hood »

setyourselffree wrote: April 17th, 2017, 10:40 am
Robin Hood wrote: April 17th, 2017, 2:50 am Here's a different but related question.

If, when you were in the pre-existence you thought sin sounded like a fun way to spend mortality and decided you really wanted to sin, sow a few wild oats etc, which plan would you have backed?
Lucifer's plan which would not permit you to sin, or Jehovah's which would?

I would suggest that some are "born evil" or with a determination to misbehave, while others come here with the noblest of intentions.
Therefore, the human race consists of the very best and the very worst.

Those who voted for Lucifer's plan were kind of middle of the road, lukewarm, non risk taking types. Probably quite nice people on the whole, but badly led.
You think God would consign people who are quite nice to an eternity in hell?
They consigned themselves.
However, I don't think they believe that will be their final fate. Lucifer is playing a numbers game. He thinks he can still overthrow God and claim the throne if he can get a majority to follow him. I think many of those who follow him have been convinced by his argument. Their success is their only hope.

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Re: Question

Post by Older/wiser? »

Robin Hood wrote: April 17th, 2017, 11:57 am
setyourselffree wrote: April 17th, 2017, 10:40 am
Robin Hood wrote: April 17th, 2017, 2:50 am Here's a different but related question.

If, when you were in the pre-existence you thought sin sounded like a fun way to spend mortality and decided you really wanted to sin, sow a few wild oats etc, which plan would you have backed?
Lucifer's plan which would not permit you to sin, or Jehovah's which would?

I would suggest that some are "born evil" or with a determination to misbehave, while others come here with the noblest of intentions.
Therefore, the human race consists of the very best and the very worst.

Those who voted for Lucifer's plan were kind of middle of the road, lukewarm, non risk taking types. Probably quite nice people on the whole, but badly led.
You think God would consign people who are quite nice to an eternity in hell?
They consigned themselves.
However, I don't think they believe that will be their final fate. Lucifer is playing a numbers game. He thinks he can still overthrow God and claim the throne if he can get a majority to follow him. I think many of those who follow him have been convinced by his argument. Their success is their only hope.
I don't think any of us as preexisting spirits had any context of sin,(sounding fun) or pain or suffering. So it was about the plan , agency mine yours some prove less than valiant here while others step up. I believe that the two plans presented gained followers ,and it was more about the presenters The Lord His followers trusting Him and His plan, or Lucifer the bright and morning star his enforced plan. His following , were trusting Him (fighting a war for the wrong reason).
Pride takes good people away from G_d and it always will. There is scripture on this , but unless you ask the same questions I do the answer would be meaningless.