US enters Syrian conflict on April 6th, a significant date.

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
AI2.0
captain of 1,000

US enters Syrian conflict on April 6th, a significant date.

Post by AI2.0 »

The Doctrine and Covenants gives April 6th as our Lord and Savior's birth date. Yesterday, April 6, 2017, the United States entered the Syrian war with a series of missile strikes in response to the gassing of civilians.

If that seems coincidental, think again.

100 years ago, April 6, 1917, the United States joined the Great War, World War I.

http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2017/04/ ... entennial/

We talk a lot about dates, predictions, future events and over the years there have been dates that some claimed would be significant. History does repeat itself and it's significant that we are replaying many events leading up to world war I.

But I'd say that what happened yesterday, on April 6th, WILL turn out to be significant in future world events and the shifting of power and eventually, moving us closer to the second coming. Also, the fact that it was against Syria is significant to the last days as Isaiah refers to this part of the world in his prophecies. April 6 has in the past, been a day of upheaval, momentous change, a shifting of world events, the colliding of Good and Evil. I expect that this day in 2017 will be a significant day in history.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Re: US enters Syrian conflict on April 6th, a significant date.

Post by Durzan »

An interesting thesis, and one that doesn't seem too unreasonable.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

AI2.0 wrote: April 7th, 2017, 7:42 am The Doctrine and Covenants gives April 6th as our Lord and Savior's birth date. Yesterday, April 6, 2017, the United States entered the Syrian war with a series of missile strikes in response to the gassing of civilians.

100 years ago, April 6, 1917, the United States joined the Great War, World War I.

We talk a lot about dates, predictions, future events and over the years there have been dates that some claimed would be significant. History does repeat itself and it's significant that we are replaying many events leading up to world war I.

But I'd say that what happened yesterday, on April 6th, WILL turn out to be significant in future world events and the shifting of power and eventually, moving us closer to the second coming. Also, the fact that it was against Syria is significant to the last days as Isaiah refers to this part of the world in his prophecies. April 6 has in the past, been a day of upheaval, momentous change, a shifting of world events, the colliding of Good and Evil. I expect that this day in 2017 will be a significant day in history.

I think there is a significance. This post definitely combines my New Years post and the Syria strike! :) :)

Ungläubige
captain of 50

Post by Ungläubige »

The missiles struck Syria at about 4:40 am local time, on April 7th.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

AI2.0 wrote: April 7th, 2017, 7:42 am The Doctrine and Covenants gives April 6th as our Lord and Savior's birth date. Yesterday, April 6, 2017, the United States entered the Syrian war with a series of missile strikes in response to the gassing of civilians.

Interesting, though incorrect in at least one respect.
The D&C does not give 6th April as the birth date of Christ. This is a popular misconception.
It is though, the date on which the church was legally registered; though it existed for some time prior to this date.
6th April is also the first day of the new tax year here in the UK.
Also it is my sister's birthday.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Robin Hood wrote: April 8th, 2017, 2:05 am

The D&C does not give 6th April as the birth date of Christ. This is a popular misconception.
It is though, the date on which the church was legally registered; though it existed for some time prior to this date.
Thanks for shedding new light on "the first week of April". :-)

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

I bet you're a favorite in Gospel Doctrine class... /:)

Yes, I know there is disagreement on this, but will you at least concede that many leaders and members in the LDS church believe April 6th to be his birthday?

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7000 ... birth.html

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

AI2.0 wrote: April 8th, 2017, 11:47 am

I bet you're a favorite in Gospel Doctrine class... /:)

Yes, I know there is disagreement on this, but will you at least concede that many leaders and members in the LDS church believe April 6th to be his birthday?

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7000 ... birth.html
That's why I said "this is a popular misconception".

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Whether BC or AD I believe without a doubt that April 6th is the day of birth and death of our Savior. The scriptures do indicate that Jesus began his ministry in his 30th year. (Most likely ON his birthday) For a REALLY extensive and indepth article on trying to decipher all this I HIGHLY recommend you read this Ensign article from January 1994 "Passover--Was it Symbolic of His Coming?"
https://www.lds.org/ensign/1994/01/pass ... g?lang=eng

I know that the Nephite calendar was different from what we know but I find this scriptural reference important.

3 Nephi 8:
1 And now it came to pass that according to our record, and we know our record to be true, for behold, it was a just man who did keep the record—for he truly did many miracles in the name of Jesus; and there was not any man who could do a miracle in the name of Jesus save he were cleansed every whit from his iniquity—

2 And now it came to pass, if there was no mistake made by this man in the reckoning of our time, the thirty and third year had passed away;

5 And it came to pass in the thirty and fourth year, in the first month, on the fourth day of the month, there arose a great storm, such an one as never had been known in all the land.

The Savior was crucified on the day before the Jewish Sabbath...which falls on Saturday, so the 4th day would have been Friday. He was resurrected on the Sabbath day...the 6th day of the month. The Nephite calendar as it stood at the time of the Savior's resurrection STARTED at the time the sign was given for his birth 3 Nephi 2:8 8 "Now the Nephites began to reckon their time from this period when the sign was given, or from the coming of Christ; therefore, nine years had passed away."

Thus equal timing born April 6th, died April 6th. :)

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

kittycat51 wrote: April 8th, 2017, 1:42 pm Whether BC or AD I believe without a doubt that April 6th is the day of birth and death of our Savior. The scriptures do indicate that Jesus began his ministry in his 30th year. (Most likely ON his birthday) For a REALLY extensive and indepth article on trying to decipher all this I HIGHLY recommend you read this Ensign article from January 1994 "Passover--Was it Symbolic of His Coming?"
https://www.lds.org/ensign/1994/01/pass ... g?lang=eng

I know that the Nephite calendar was different from what we know but I find this scriptural reference important.

3 Nephi 8:
1 And now it came to pass that according to our record, and we know our record to be true, for behold, it was a just man who did keep the record—for he truly did many miracles in the name of Jesus; and there was not any man who could do a miracle in the name of Jesus save he were cleansed every whit from his iniquity—

2 And now it came to pass, if there was no mistake made by this man in the reckoning of our time, the thirty and third year had passed away;

5 And it came to pass in the thirty and fourth year, in the first month, on the fourth day of the month, there arose a great storm, such an one as never had been known in all the land.

The Savior was crucified on the day before the Jewish Sabbath...which falls on Saturday, so the 4th day would have been Friday. He was resurrected on the Sabbath day...the 6th day of the month. The Nephite calendar as it stood at the time of the Savior's resurrection STARTED at the time the sign was given for his birth 3 Nephi 2:8 8 "Now the Nephites began to reckon their time from this period when the sign was given, or from the coming of Christ; therefore, nine years had passed away."

Thus equal timing born April 6th, died April 6th. :)

I heard that he died 4 days after his birthday, and rose in another 3 1/2. His Resurrection could've been April 14 at 6 AM.