Skousen Changes Timeline for WW3

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Re: Skousen Changes Timeline for WW3

Post by Matchmaker »

Silver wrote: April 10th, 2017, 5:20 am
Matchmaker wrote: April 10th, 2017, 5:11 am
Still Learning wrote: April 9th, 2017, 9:28 pm
francisco.colaco wrote: April 9th, 2017, 10:08 am

Right,

So Assad, an ophtalmologist that reluctantly accepted to succeed his father, with top western education, under all scrutiny from the international community, and practically winning the war with the help of Russia, would shoot himself in the foot by doing a chemical attack on a non-combatant area RIGHT AFTER Trump said he could remain in power. Having so much to gain and nothing to lose by doing so.

I'd be laughing my bottoms off if I thought anyone could actually believe this version of the story AND be able to properly tell the time from an analogue clock or properly recite the alphabet.
Watch your bottoms because everyone is eating it right up. I'm with you that it is almost laughable except how terrible it is.
This ophthalmologist/reformer/dictator is still known to have previously killed thousands and thousands of his own people through torture, starvation, and bombings, including the use of poisonous chlorine gas while Obama was President. I don't know whether he did it or not, but as the country's leader, the buck stops with him, so he is being held accountable.

I also don't think he is this innocent victim that some people are making him out to be.
This lawyer/Republican/dictator is still known to have previously killed thousands and thousands of his own people through hangings, military attacks, and starvation. His name is Abraham Lincoln. There was a rebellion which ol' Abe successfully put down and many now call him a hero. I also don't think he is this innocent victim that some people are making him out to be. Assad's forces had been successful lately (angering John McStain) so -- voila -- poisonous gas is used. See, you have to watch who writes the history books.
I have never cared for John McCain as a Presidential candidate, but I pray he is not capable of anything this vicious.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

shadow wrote: April 10th, 2017, 3:10 pm
Spaced_Out wrote: April 10th, 2017, 5:37 am
Z2100 wrote: April 7th, 2017, 3:40 pm
Original_Intent wrote: April 7th, 2017, 3:27 pm Well, even with the bad, it's a great time to be alive.

People or our generation are going to be refined like no other.

"Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods." - Thomas Paine
What do you mean by "refined"?
The scriptures are plain that which is to come is different to anything that has ever happened on the earth before, a sifting period to prepare a people for the Masters return.
Separation of wheat and tares.
The sifting has already started and the tares are making themselves known. Even followers of Sosa, Rowe and other so called LDS dreamers are tares.
How can you make the judgement this soon that Sosa and all other so-called LDS dreamers are tares? That's one of the Lord's jobs isn't it?

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Original_Intent wrote: April 7th, 2017, 3:27 pm Well, even with the bad, it's a great time to be alive.

People or our generation are going to be refined like no other.

"Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods." - Thomas Paine
The scriptures are plain that which is to come is different to anything that has ever happened on the earth before, a sifting period to prepare a people for the Masters return.
The sifting has already started and the tares are making themselves known. Even followers of Sosa, Rowe and other so called LDS dreamers are tares.
D&C86 the separation only starts once the world is fully ripe in inequity/ It starts with the extraction and gathering of the wheat and then the tares are burnt. The big events have not happened yet.

1 Verily, thus saith the Lord unto you my servants, concerning the parable of the wheat and of the tares:
2 Behold, verily I say, the field was the world, and the apostles were the sowers of the seed;
3 And after they have fallen asleep the great persecutor of the church, the apostate, the whore, even Babylon, that maketh all nations to drink of her cup, in whose hearts the enemy, even Satan, sitteth to reign—behold he soweth the tares; wherefore, the tares choke the wheat and drive the church into the wilderness.
4 But behold, in the last days, even now while the Lord is beginning to bring forth the word, and the blade is springing up and is yet tender—
5 Behold, verily I say unto you, the angels are crying unto the Lord day and night, who are ready and waiting to be sent forth to reap down the fields;
6 But the Lord saith unto them, pluck not up the tares while the blade is yet tender (for verily your faith is weak), lest you destroy the wheat also.
7 Therefore, let the wheat and the tares grow together until the harvest is fully ripe; then ye shall first gather out the wheat from among the tares, and after the gathering of the wheat, behold and lo, the tares are bound in bundles, and the field remaineth to be burned.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Matchmaker wrote: April 10th, 2017, 9:42 pm

How can you make the judgement this soon that Sosa and all other so-called LDS dreamers are tares? That's one of the Lord's jobs isn't it?
The Lord already declared who the tares are. He made it extremely simple to know.

BackBlast
captain of 100

Post by BackBlast »

paulrobots wrote: April 6th, 2017, 6:17 pm What did he actually say? Have a quote or link to his talk?
This is an excerpt from the April 7th 2017 brief
A New Warning: I have long said that I didn’t think China would unleash NK to start WWIII until the next decade because Russia and China are in the midst of a major rearmament, which won’t be complete until the 2020-2024 range. Obviously, they would prefer to be fully ready before launching a war.

The globalists, on the other hand, would prefer a war earlier rather than later, but they can’t make it look like they started this war, so they have worked for 30 years to simply facilitate our enemy’s arsenals, transferring military and scientific technology to both China and Russia. Much of those transfers have been done courtesy of the US Commerce Department. Much has also been done through Israel. We sell our top technology to Israel and they sell it to the Russians and Chinese.

With the coming of Donald Trump, I suspect that the globalists may try and kill two birds with one stone: First, let Trump start this war by striking North Korea’s nuclear program and 2) let Trump take the blame which will cost him the next election and forever taint him as the guy who started WWIII.

In summary, with Donald Trump being snookered so easily into attacking Syria, I’m very much worried he will now attack North Korea, leading him down a path he vowed not to go—intervening militarily around the world. I suspect his globalist advisors may be setting him up for an attack on North Korea's nuclear weapons program, that could provoke a Chinese nuclear response against the US, which our anti-missile systems could not control. Here are the likely or possible scenarios:

1) North Korea sees Trump threatening and launches its first nuclear tipped missile at Guam or Hawaii, to make good on his bluster against the US. The US intercepts the missile and retaliates against NK nuclear and missile sites. The world sees this as fully justified and China cannot retaliate. WWIII doesn’t start yet, and the NK threat is temporarily abated.

2) Trump does a pre-emptive cruise missile strike against North Korean nuclear sites and/or missile launch sites. [I’m not against that, except that it should have been done years ago when China was not in a position to retaliate.] Even though China can retaliate, it doesn’t do so because it isn’t ready yet for WWIII. The NK nuke and missile threat is gone for now but NK, with the help of China rebuilds in a more secretive manner. WWIII is merely postponed.

3) Trump strikes North Korean missile sites, and North Korea invades South Korea in response with her ample conventional weapons and army. The US has to use tactic nukes to stop the massive invasion of over 2 million North Koreans, and China responds in kind by striking the US military forces with a pre-emptive nuclear missile strike, joined by Russia. WWIII starts.

The targets will be military bases and communications facilities, not cities per se, although about 12-15 major metros will be affected by the strikes on military bases integral to those cities. It could happen during Trump’s term, and it seems to me that the globalists would very much like to tag Trump with the blame for this war.

The bottom line is that you should accelerate your preparations for relocation, war and survival, rather than count on having more time. If Trump doesn’t attack North Korea pre-emptively, it doesn’t mean war is avoided—just postponed. It’s coming eventually in any case. If he does attack pre-emptively, the North Koreans and Chinese are too proud to let that happen without some form of retaliation. I would give it a 60-40 chance it would blossom into WWIII. If they don’t retaliate enough to escalate into WWIII, its only because they have decided to wait for a better time to take revenge when their military preparations are complete.

In any case, we can no longer depend on Trump to not fall into whatever traps the globalists set for him. I actually found globalist puppet presidents easier to predict. Trump is now showing he is far more dangerous than having a puppet president because he can be so easily fooled and he has this reactionary quality that allows him to be goaded into war far too easily.

Even though I have never thought Trump would really turn things around and save this country, I’ve always said he will “slow down the globalist agenda and buy us more time.” That only turned out to be true in terms of globalist trade agreements and maybe the flooding of this country with illegal alien and refugees (which he hasn’t stopped yet). But in terms of foreign policy and the threat of war, Trump may well give us LESS time, and fall completely into the globalist war trap. I personally am very worried and you should be too. Get prepared as fast as you can.

Food, water and survival equipment are not enough. You’ll someday need some kind of fallout shelter against nuclear radiation. See www.joelskousen.com for the books my son Andrew and I have published on how to do that kind of preparation. -Wish it wasn’t coming but it is.

BackBlast
captain of 100

Post by BackBlast »

Matchmaker wrote: April 10th, 2017, 9:42 pm How can you make the judgement this soon that Sosa and all other so-called LDS dreamers are tares? That's one of the Lord's jobs isn't it?
If you try to correct every accuser in the world, you're going to have a lot of work to do.

Lehi and Nephi have it on good authority that there are a great many in the great and spacious building.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Serious question, how does Joel Skousen claim to be an expert or authority on these things. He is camped out in Spring City, not really an insider. Couldn't anyone watch the news and spin some great tales of what might be?

I don't need Joel or a self described dreamer to tell me there is big trouble on the horizon.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

tribrac wrote: April 13th, 2017, 8:04 pm Serious question, how does Joel Skousen claim to be an expert or authority on these things. He is camped out in Spring City, not really an insider. Couldn't anyone watch the news and spin some great tales of what might be?

I don't need Joel or a self described dreamer to tell me there is big trouble on the horizon.
To tell you honestly, I don't know where Joel Skousen gets his insider information these days.

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

Post by I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS »

tribrac wrote: April 13th, 2017, 8:04 pm Serious question, how does Joel Skousen claim to be an expert or authority on these things. He is camped out in Spring City, not really an insider. Couldn't anyone watch the news and spin some great tales of what might be?

Exactly. It's always seemed to me he's living off the Skousen name. What are his credentials? Any previous work in intelligence circles? Any work abroad? Any special training? Or is he just some armchair wannabee analyst with a famous last name?

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

It really does not matter if Santa Claus predicts this or that... Real Prophecies need to be hearken to and remembered, not opinions of men. If they have not seen with their eyes, nor heard with their ears, the voice of the Eternal, and been commanded to cry repentance or give a forewarning by command as in "Thus saith the Lord", I am not interested!

John the Beloved both saw and hear in his day and was commanded to declare what he had been shown and his words have been published unto the ends of the earth. Yet those hear who esteem themselves as the Lord's Saints, when talking about this prophesied war (the Sixth Trumpet War which the world calls WWIII), would rather discuss the by and by words of a man who does not even claim to be a Prophet, and forget what true Saints should already known by heart and recall by memory what will come. Maybe they have inherited a title that is unbefitting the descendents of greater men who came before?

The Six Trumpet War will come out of the Euphrates River, a 100% Islamic river! It will kill 1/3 of the Human Race upon this planet (3.4 billion people). When you read about eyes falling out of their sockets, and flesh off of the bones, you are having described for you radiation poisoning in the scriptures. When Joseph saw the Desolating Scourge, he was seeing this very same War, and had similar descriptions about it.

Is it about to start? Hell yes! For it will be the beginning of a living hell for those who have to live through it! After this War, you will see the anti-Christ thrusted into power, for the clamoring of the ignorant for someone to bring them peace and safety. He will deceive the nations and will bring neither!

Shalom

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Kingdom of ZION wrote: April 13th, 2017, 9:27 pm It really does not matter if Santa Claus predicts this or that... Real Prophecies need to be hearken to and remembered, not opinions of men. If they have not seen with their eyes, nor heard with their ears, the voice of the Eternal, and been commanded to cry repentance or give a forewarning by command as in "Thus saith the Lord", I am not interested!

John the Beloved both saw and hear in his day and was commanded to declare what he had been shown and his words have been published unto the ends of the earth. Yet those hear who esteem themselves as the Lord's Saints, when talking about this prophesied war (the Sixth Trumpet War which the world calls WWIII), would rather discuss the by and by words of a man who does not even claim to be a Prophet, and forget what true Saints should already known by heart and recall by memory what will come. Maybe they have inherited a title that is unbefitting the descendents of greater men who came before?

The Six Trumpet War will come out of the Euphrates River, a 100% Islamic river! It will kill 1/3 of the Human Race upon this planet (3.4 billion people). When you read about eyes falling out of their sockets, and flesh off of the bones, you are having described for you radiation poisoning in the scriptures. When Joseph saw the Desolating Scourge, he was seeing this very same War, and had similar descriptions about it.

Is it about to start? Hell yes! For it will be the beginning of a living hell for those who have to live through it! After this War, you will see the anti-Christ thrusted into power, for the clamoring of the ignorant for someone to bring them peace and safety. He will deceive the nations and will bring neither!

Shalom
Islam Shmishlam

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

GrandMasterB wrote: April 13th, 2017, 10:12 pm
slam Shmishlam
Is this your attempt to Prophesy? I do not think cryptic wording worked that well for Nostradamus...

So what do you disagree with? What John said about a War when the "Six Trumpet" sounded, that that war was to come out of the Euphrates River? Or that the majority of Christians who study prophecy, are all wrong as to what this War is going to be... WWIII?

Did you know that 'Allah' anciently was called 'Baal'? I heard it from a convert from Islam to Christianity.

So, rather than Satan Worshipers, you think the Atheist Pagans: the Chinese and the Koreans are going to start the most deadliest war the world has ever seen... even though John, the Beloved has said otherwise? Interesting? And what Conference Talk gave you that impression?

Here is a paper pointing out the ancient history of Allah worship.

The Oldest Reference to Allah
By Shoebat Foundation on September 13, 2012 in General

Theodore Shoebat

So what is the oldest reference to “Allah” discovered in antiquity? Who was he and what did he represent?

The answer should shock many in the scholarly community.

The oldest reference to “Allah” (before this publication), according to Kenneth J. Thomas, was discovered in Northern and Southern Arabia dating back to the fifth century B.C. [1]

But new research linking “Allah” being worshipped as a deity can be found in the Epic of Atrahasis chiseled on several tablets dating to around 1700 BC [2] and was not found in Arabian records, but in Babylonian.

What should shock historians and theologians alike is that this much older reference to the literal name of a deity called “Allah” was never even linked by any of the experts on Assyriology who have written on the subject or any of the translators of the Atrahasis epic.

Even more troubling for Muslims today is that this deity was described nearly four millennia ago to be a god of “violence and revolution”. The beginning of the Epic of Atrahasis describes Allah as how all of the gods labored endlessly in grueling work, under the rule of the patron deity Enlil or Elil. But soon revolt of the gods had erupted, and one deity of “violence and revolution” named Allah (spelled by the experts as Alla), as the following inscription recounts:

Then Alla made his voice heard and spoke to the gods his brothers,’ Come! Let us carry Elil, the counselor of gods, the warrior, from his dwelling. Now, cry battle! Let us mix fight with battle!’ The gods listened to his speech, set fire to their tools, put aside their spades for fire, their loads for the fire-god, they flared up.[3]

This link sheds new light since for many years we have been hearing various ideas on where Allah came from. Christian and Muslim scholars – as well as secular professors – presented numerous arguments on just who Allah really is, not from an actual name reference but as to the attributes of this deity being similar to others in pre-Islamic times. For example, the renowned historian W. St. Clair Tisdal had found traits of the Persian religion Zoroastrianism in Islam;[4] while many Christian writers have argued that Allah was a moon-god in Arabia and Babylon, but such an argument has been difficult to conclude, on account of the absence of a smoking gun chiseled in ancient inscriptions directly by naming Allah literally and connecting him with lunar worship.

Muslim thinkers on the other hand have always argued that Abraham originally worshiped Allah purely without the corruption of idolatry or Christianity or Judaism, as the Koran states:

Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was one inclining toward truth, a Muslim [submitting to Allah ]. And he was not of the polytheists.[5]

Perhaps the biggest problem for this argument is that there is no ancient inscription found to date in the Near East or anywhere else for that matter, which describes Allah being worshipped purely, without idolatrous connotations.

What is also amazing is that no expert on Assyriology or Sumerology had even suspected that “Alla” had a connection with the Arabian “Allah”. I checked the work of Thorkild Jacobsen, a foremost authority on Mesopotamian history, and while he writes on some aspects of “Alla”,[6] he makes no connection with the Arabian Allah. I even perused the dictionary of the translator, Stephanie Dalley, to see if she could provide me with the significance behind “Alla”, but the name of the deity was entirely absent from it. I could even find a definition for the word “Earth”, and for even obscure names of other gods such as “Hurabtil”, “Kakka”, “Gerra”, and “Haharnu”, but yet not one explanation for “Alla”.[7] She makes no connection between the Babylonian “Alla” and the Arabian “Allah”, nor does she even speculate a connection.

Yet, Dalley has made a theory trying to make the Biblical Yahweh an indigenous deity of Hamath in Syria. She uses as evidence to support this claim, the name of a leader from Hamath, Yau-bi-di, by saying that the “Yau” in the name is a form of Yahweh, and thus assuming that He was worshipped indigenously in Syria.[8] She also came to the conclusion that the name of a north Syrian prince, Azri-Yau, bears the name of Yahweh.[9] While she speculates and concludes that certain names with “Yau” are in reality bearing the name of Yahweh, she does even suspect that the “Alla” of the Babylonians is referring to the Arabian Allah.

And to those who accuse me of basing my conclusion, that Alla is Allah, on solely prejudice against Islam, I will present further evidence for my belief. It must be known to the reader that the author of the Atrahasis epic was one Ipiq-Aya who lived under the reign of the Old Babylonian king Ammi-Saduqa, and that he wrote it in the Akkadian language [10] (the tongue of the Old Babylonian kingdom).[11] The “Akkadians” it must be noted did not originally spring from Iraq, but had migrated from south Arabia, specifically Yemen, into Mesopotamia, where south Arabian inscriptions have been discovered, as in Kuwait on the Arab shores of the Persian gulf close to the borders of Iraq.[12] The deities of Shamash (the Sun), and Ashdar/ Athtar (Venus) were both brought by the Akkadians from South Arabia into Mesopotamia.[13]

Athtar was originally a male deity of Venus for the Akkadian Arabs, but because when they had settled into Mesopotamia, they had equated Athtar with the Sumerian goddess of Venus Inanna, and would become the Babylonian Ishtar.[14] This Athtar was also identified with the Arabian Allat,[15] the female consort of Allah who was so revered by the Mesopotamians that they had called her Um-Uruk, or “the mother of the town of Erech,” [16] an infamous city of ancient Iraq.

Since Allat was the feminine root of Allah, and was worshipped in Mesopotamia, and equal to the Sumerian Inanna, since they were both Venus goddesses, we should be able to find Allah associated with this goddess, based on inscriptions. In fact, we do, a Sumerian verse which directly identifies “Alla” with the bridegroom of Inanna, Dumuzi or Tammuz who was an ancient deified king who once ruled the city-state of Erech, or Uruk, as the fourth king of its First Dynasty, [17] at around—according to Kramer—the third millennium B.C.,[18] and whose death was ritually lamented by the Sumerians.[19]

It must be emphasized that this identification of Dumuzi with Alla is not made by university scholars, but by the ancient Sumerians themselves. In the following text which gives Alla as another Tammuz, amongst others, it reads:

Alas the lad, the warrior Ninazu! Alas the lad, my lad, my Damu! Alas the lad, the child Ningishzida! Alas the lad, Alla, owner of the net!…The shepherd, lord Dumuzi, bridegroom of Inanna.[20]

Alla’s identification with Dumuzi is made specifically in a lament for the king, who is called “the lad,” after his death, in which it refers to him as Alla, amongst other names:

[The bitter cry for him! the bitter] cry [for him!] [The bitter] cry for the captive D[umuzi!] The bitter cry [for] the captive Ama-ushumgal-anna! Woe the lad, the child Ningishzida! Woe the lad, Ishtaran of shining visage! Woe the lad, Alla, owner of the net![21]

The more one peruses this ancient text, the more one realizes that this “Alla” is, in fact an ancestral deity who was worshipped in Mesopotamia. Within the same text we find mention of the deity’s grave, in which Dumuzi, or Alla, in the mythic narrative, tells his sister Geshtinanna that his mother “will make you search for my corpse.” [22]

The tomb of Alla is mentioned specifically in another text, in which it states:

…in the cupbearers’ house, among the little bronze cups, Alla, lord of the net, is laid to rest. [23]

By the testimony of the Sumerians, it is clear that this Alla, or Tammuz, was once an infamous king of Erech, to only be deified by the superstitious masses of Mesopotamia. By reading the Kings’ List of both the city-states of Ur and Isin, we find that later rulers were in fact equated with this Tammuz after their deaths. Kings of Isin and Ur, such as Ishbi-Girra, Gimil-ili-shu, Idin-Dagan, Ishme-Dagan, Bur-Sin, Ur-Nammu, and Idin-Ishtar, were all deified after their perishing, as Tammuz.[24] And because the Sumerians identified Tammuz with Alla, it becomes logical to affirm that these kings were indeed deified as Alla as well. But besides being identified with later kings of Sumer, Tammuz is also recorded by an Arab writer named Ibn Washiyya to have been an ancient and idolatrous prophet, a cult of whom was observed by an Arabian people called the Nabateans.

The same Arab writer recounts how Tammuz had told a king to worship the seven planets and the twelve signs of the zodiac, which was to the fury of the king who had the wizard killed. To commemorate his death, the Nabatean Arabs, just like the Sumerians, had ritually wailed for him, and also lamented the death of another prophet called Yanbushad, whose name is prefixed with that of the god Nabu.[25] The renown Jewish writer Maimonides, wrote on the origins of the ritual of mourning for the deceased Tammuz:

When the false prophet named Thammuz preached to a certain king that he should worship seven stars and the twelve signs of the zodiac, that king ordered him to be put to a terrible death. On the night of his death all the images assembled from the end of the earth unto the temple of Babylon, to the great golden image of the sun, which was suspended between heaven and earth. That image pretreated itself in the midst of the temple, and so did all the images around it, while it related to them all what had happened to Thammuz. The images wept and lamented all night long, and then in the morning they flew away, each to his own temple again to the ends of the earth. And hence arose the custom every year, on the first day of the month Thammuz, to mourn and weep for Thammuz.[26]

Maimonides traces the origin of this ritual to Babylon, which would mean that it had come from Mesopotamia into Arabia at a time of far antiquity. And because Tammuz was identified by the Sumerians with Alla, we must conclude that the false prophet described by Maimonides and Ibn Washiyya, was also this same Alla.

Theodore Shoebat, For God or For Tyranny
Author and history researcher
Tedshoebat.com

1 Kenneth J. Thomas, Allah in Translations of the Bible, references to René Dussaud, Les Arabes en Syrie avant l’Islam (Paris, Ernest Leroux, 1907), pp. 141f., and Hitti, loc. cit., pp. 100f., citing the work of F. V. Winnett, A Study of the Lihyanite and Thamudic Inscriptions (Toronto: 1937), p. 30

2 Date from Stephanie Dalley’s introduction to Atrahasis, in her Myths from Mesopotamia, p. 3.

3 Atrahasis, tablet i, OBV i, i-ii, trans. Stephanie Dalley, in her Myths from Mesopotamia, p. 10, underline mine.

4 Sources of the Qur’ân : Zoroastrian and Hindu Beliefs, By W. St. Clair Tisdall, Chapter 5

5 Koran 3.67

6 See Jacobsen, The Harps that Once, part i, pp. 2, 53, 59, 60

7 See Stephanie Dalley’s Glossary Deities, Places, and Key Terms, in her Myths from Mesopotamia

8 See John Barton and Francesca Stavrakopoulou, Religious Diversity in Ancient Israel and Judah, ch. xi, p. 179

9 http://upetd.up.ac.za/thesis/available/ ... apter4.pdf

10 See Langdon, The Mythology of all Races, vol. v: Semitic, ch. viii, p. 270

11 See Dalley’s Glossary of Deities, Places, and Key Terms, under the term ‘Akkadian’

12 See Langdon, The Mythology of All Races, vol. v: Semitic, ch. i, pp. 3-4

13 See Langdon, The Mythology of All Races, vol. v: Semitic, ch. i, pp. 2-4

14 See Langdon, The Mythology of all Races, vol. v: Semitic, ch. i, pp. 4-5, 14, 19

15 Langdon, The Mythology of all Races, vol. v: Semitic, ch. i, p. 24

16 See F. Lenormant, Chaldean Magic, ch. ix, p. 116

17 Langdon, The Mythology of all Races, vol. v: Semitic, ch. xi, p. 341; Gadd, Ideas of Divine Rule in the Ancient East, lect. i, p. 17, n. 2; Kramer, The Sumerians, ch. ii, p. 45; ch. iv, p. 140

18 Kramer, The Sumerians, ch. iv, p. 140

19 See Kramer, The Sumerians, ch. iv, p. 156

20 In the Desert by the Early Grass, in Thorkild Jacobsen, The Harps that Once, part i, p. 61, Ellipses mine

21 Vain Appeal, in Thorkild Jacobsen, The Harps that Once, part i, p. 53

22 Vain Appeal, in Thorkild Jacobsen, The Harps that Once, part i, p. 55

23 In the Desert by the Early Grass, in Thorkild Jacobsen, The Harps that Once, part i, p. 77; see also the same historian’s intro to this text, p. 59

24 See Langdon, The Mythology of all Races, vol. v: Semitic, ch. xi, pp. 345-346

25 See Langdon, The Mythology of all Races, vol. v: Semitic, ch. xi, pp. 337, 339; James Townley, Reasons of the Laws of Moses, ch. iv, pp. 164-165

26 Maimonides, More Nevochim, in J. Garnier, The Worship of the Dead, part i, ch. iv, pp. 70-71

:D

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote: April 13th, 2017, 8:52 pm

Exactly. It's always seemed to me he's living off the Skousen name. What are his credentials? Any previous work in intelligence circles? Any work abroad? Any special training? Or is he just some armchair wannabee analyst with a famous last name?
I know he has been a political analyst for years and was in the military. The Deseret News once referred to him as a world-renowned political analyst and investigator of global affairs. I imagine he has a lot of contacts just from being a member of the Skousen family.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Kingdom of ZION wrote: April 13th, 2017, 9:27 pm It really does not matter if Santa Claus predicts this or that... Real Prophecies need to be hearken to and remembered, not opinions of men. If they have not seen with their eyes, nor heard with their ears, the voice of the Eternal, and been commanded to cry repentance or give a forewarning by command as in "Thus saith the Lord", I am not interested!

Shalom
I agree that reading the scriptures and listening to living Prophets is the best way to get accurate information about the latter days.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Kingdom of ZION wrote: April 13th, 2017, 10:53 pm
GrandMasterB wrote: April 13th, 2017, 10:12 pm
slam Shmishlam
Is this your attempt to Prophesy? I do not think cryptic wording worked that well for Nostradamus...

So what do you disagree with? What John said about a War when the "Six Trumpet" sounded, that that war was to come out of the Euphrates River? Or that the majority of Christians who study prophecy, are all wrong as to what this War is going to be... WWIII?

Did you know that 'Allah' anciently was called 'Baal'? I heard it from a convert from Islam to Christianity.

So, rather than Satan Worshipers, you think the Atheist Pagans: the Chinese and the Koreans are going to start the most deadliest war the world has ever seen... even though John, the Beloved has said otherwise? Interesting? And what Conference Talk gave you that impression?

Here is a paper pointing out the ancient history of Allah worship.

The Oldest Reference to Allah
By Shoebat Foundation on September 13, 2012 in General

Theodore Shoebat

So what is the oldest reference to “Allah” discovered in antiquity? Who was he and what did he represent?

The answer should shock many in the scholarly community.

The oldest reference to “Allah” (before this publication), according to Kenneth J. Thomas, was discovered in Northern and Southern Arabia dating back to the fifth century B.C. [1]

But new research linking “Allah” being worshipped as a deity can be found in the Epic of Atrahasis chiseled on several tablets dating to around 1700 BC [2] and was not found in Arabian records, but in Babylonian.

What should shock historians and theologians alike is that this much older reference to the literal name of a deity called “Allah” was never even linked by any of the experts on Assyriology who have written on the subject or any of the translators of the Atrahasis epic.

Even more troubling for Muslims today is that this deity was described nearly four millennia ago to be a god of “violence and revolution”. The beginning of the Epic of Atrahasis describes Allah as how all of the gods labored endlessly in grueling work, under the rule of the patron deity Enlil or Elil. But soon revolt of the gods had erupted, and one deity of “violence and revolution” named Allah (spelled by the experts as Alla), as the following inscription recounts:

Then Alla made his voice heard and spoke to the gods his brothers,’ Come! Let us carry Elil, the counselor of gods, the warrior, from his dwelling. Now, cry battle! Let us mix fight with battle!’ The gods listened to his speech, set fire to their tools, put aside their spades for fire, their loads for the fire-god, they flared up.[3]

This link sheds new light since for many years we have been hearing various ideas on where Allah came from. Christian and Muslim scholars – as well as secular professors – presented numerous arguments on just who Allah really is, not from an actual name reference but as to the attributes of this deity being similar to others in pre-Islamic times. For example, the renowned historian W. St. Clair Tisdal had found traits of the Persian religion Zoroastrianism in Islam;[4] while many Christian writers have argued that Allah was a moon-god in Arabia and Babylon, but such an argument has been difficult to conclude, on account of the absence of a smoking gun chiseled in ancient inscriptions directly by naming Allah literally and connecting him with lunar worship.

Muslim thinkers on the other hand have always argued that Abraham originally worshiped Allah purely without the corruption of idolatry or Christianity or Judaism, as the Koran states:

Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was one inclining toward truth, a Muslim [submitting to Allah ]. And he was not of the polytheists.[5]

Perhaps the biggest problem for this argument is that there is no ancient inscription found to date in the Near East or anywhere else for that matter, which describes Allah being worshipped purely, without idolatrous connotations.

What is also amazing is that no expert on Assyriology or Sumerology had even suspected that “Alla” had a connection with the Arabian “Allah”. I checked the work of Thorkild Jacobsen, a foremost authority on Mesopotamian history, and while he writes on some aspects of “Alla”,[6] he makes no connection with the Arabian Allah. I even perused the dictionary of the translator, Stephanie Dalley, to see if she could provide me with the significance behind “Alla”, but the name of the deity was entirely absent from it. I could even find a definition for the word “Earth”, and for even obscure names of other gods such as “Hurabtil”, “Kakka”, “Gerra”, and “Haharnu”, but yet not one explanation for “Alla”.[7] She makes no connection between the Babylonian “Alla” and the Arabian “Allah”, nor does she even speculate a connection.

Yet, Dalley has made a theory trying to make the Biblical Yahweh an indigenous deity of Hamath in Syria. She uses as evidence to support this claim, the name of a leader from Hamath, Yau-bi-di, by saying that the “Yau” in the name is a form of Yahweh, and thus assuming that He was worshipped indigenously in Syria.[8] She also came to the conclusion that the name of a north Syrian prince, Azri-Yau, bears the name of Yahweh.[9] While she speculates and concludes that certain names with “Yau” are in reality bearing the name of Yahweh, she does even suspect that the “Alla” of the Babylonians is referring to the Arabian Allah.

And to those who accuse me of basing my conclusion, that Alla is Allah, on solely prejudice against Islam, I will present further evidence for my belief. It must be known to the reader that the author of the Atrahasis epic was one Ipiq-Aya who lived under the reign of the Old Babylonian king Ammi-Saduqa, and that he wrote it in the Akkadian language [10] (the tongue of the Old Babylonian kingdom).[11] The “Akkadians” it must be noted did not originally spring from Iraq, but had migrated from south Arabia, specifically Yemen, into Mesopotamia, where south Arabian inscriptions have been discovered, as in Kuwait on the Arab shores of the Persian gulf close to the borders of Iraq.[12] The deities of Shamash (the Sun), and Ashdar/ Athtar (Venus) were both brought by the Akkadians from South Arabia into Mesopotamia.[13]

Athtar was originally a male deity of Venus for the Akkadian Arabs, but because when they had settled into Mesopotamia, they had equated Athtar with the Sumerian goddess of Venus Inanna, and would become the Babylonian Ishtar.[14] This Athtar was also identified with the Arabian Allat,[15] the female consort of Allah who was so revered by the Mesopotamians that they had called her Um-Uruk, or “the mother of the town of Erech,” [16] an infamous city of ancient Iraq.

Since Allat was the feminine root of Allah, and was worshipped in Mesopotamia, and equal to the Sumerian Inanna, since they were both Venus goddesses, we should be able to find Allah associated with this goddess, based on inscriptions. In fact, we do, a Sumerian verse which directly identifies “Alla” with the bridegroom of Inanna, Dumuzi or Tammuz who was an ancient deified king who once ruled the city-state of Erech, or Uruk, as the fourth king of its First Dynasty, [17] at around—according to Kramer—the third millennium B.C.,[18] and whose death was ritually lamented by the Sumerians.[19]

It must be emphasized that this identification of Dumuzi with Alla is not made by university scholars, but by the ancient Sumerians themselves. In the following text which gives Alla as another Tammuz, amongst others, it reads:

Alas the lad, the warrior Ninazu! Alas the lad, my lad, my Damu! Alas the lad, the child Ningishzida! Alas the lad, Alla, owner of the net!…The shepherd, lord Dumuzi, bridegroom of Inanna.[20]

Alla’s identification with Dumuzi is made specifically in a lament for the king, who is called “the lad,” after his death, in which it refers to him as Alla, amongst other names:

[The bitter cry for him! the bitter] cry [for him!] [The bitter] cry for the captive D[umuzi!] The bitter cry [for] the captive Ama-ushumgal-anna! Woe the lad, the child Ningishzida! Woe the lad, Ishtaran of shining visage! Woe the lad, Alla, owner of the net![21]

The more one peruses this ancient text, the more one realizes that this “Alla” is, in fact an ancestral deity who was worshipped in Mesopotamia. Within the same text we find mention of the deity’s grave, in which Dumuzi, or Alla, in the mythic narrative, tells his sister Geshtinanna that his mother “will make you search for my corpse.” [22]

The tomb of Alla is mentioned specifically in another text, in which it states:

…in the cupbearers’ house, among the little bronze cups, Alla, lord of the net, is laid to rest. [23]

By the testimony of the Sumerians, it is clear that this Alla, or Tammuz, was once an infamous king of Erech, to only be deified by the superstitious masses of Mesopotamia. By reading the Kings’ List of both the city-states of Ur and Isin, we find that later rulers were in fact equated with this Tammuz after their deaths. Kings of Isin and Ur, such as Ishbi-Girra, Gimil-ili-shu, Idin-Dagan, Ishme-Dagan, Bur-Sin, Ur-Nammu, and Idin-Ishtar, were all deified after their perishing, as Tammuz.[24] And because the Sumerians identified Tammuz with Alla, it becomes logical to affirm that these kings were indeed deified as Alla as well. But besides being identified with later kings of Sumer, Tammuz is also recorded by an Arab writer named Ibn Washiyya to have been an ancient and idolatrous prophet, a cult of whom was observed by an Arabian people called the Nabateans.

The same Arab writer recounts how Tammuz had told a king to worship the seven planets and the twelve signs of the zodiac, which was to the fury of the king who had the wizard killed. To commemorate his death, the Nabatean Arabs, just like the Sumerians, had ritually wailed for him, and also lamented the death of another prophet called Yanbushad, whose name is prefixed with that of the god Nabu.[25] The renown Jewish writer Maimonides, wrote on the origins of the ritual of mourning for the deceased Tammuz:

When the false prophet named Thammuz preached to a certain king that he should worship seven stars and the twelve signs of the zodiac, that king ordered him to be put to a terrible death. On the night of his death all the images assembled from the end of the earth unto the temple of Babylon, to the great golden image of the sun, which was suspended between heaven and earth. That image pretreated itself in the midst of the temple, and so did all the images around it, while it related to them all what had happened to Thammuz. The images wept and lamented all night long, and then in the morning they flew away, each to his own temple again to the ends of the earth. And hence arose the custom every year, on the first day of the month Thammuz, to mourn and weep for Thammuz.[26]

Maimonides traces the origin of this ritual to Babylon, which would mean that it had come from Mesopotamia into Arabia at a time of far antiquity. And because Tammuz was identified by the Sumerians with Alla, we must conclude that the false prophet described by Maimonides and Ibn Washiyya, was also this same Alla.

Theodore Shoebat, For God or For Tyranny
Author and history researcher
Tedshoebat.com

1 Kenneth J. Thomas, Allah in Translations of the Bible, references to René Dussaud, Les Arabes en Syrie avant l’Islam (Paris, Ernest Leroux, 1907), pp. 141f., and Hitti, loc. cit., pp. 100f., citing the work of F. V. Winnett, A Study of the Lihyanite and Thamudic Inscriptions (Toronto: 1937), p. 30

2 Date from Stephanie Dalley’s introduction to Atrahasis, in her Myths from Mesopotamia, p. 3.

3 Atrahasis, tablet i, OBV i, i-ii, trans. Stephanie Dalley, in her Myths from Mesopotamia, p. 10, underline mine.

4 Sources of the Qur’ân : Zoroastrian and Hindu Beliefs, By W. St. Clair Tisdall, Chapter 5

5 Koran 3.67

6 See Jacobsen, The Harps that Once, part i, pp. 2, 53, 59, 60

7 See Stephanie Dalley’s Glossary Deities, Places, and Key Terms, in her Myths from Mesopotamia

8 See John Barton and Francesca Stavrakopoulou, Religious Diversity in Ancient Israel and Judah, ch. xi, p. 179

9 http://upetd.up.ac.za/thesis/available/ ... apter4.pdf

10 See Langdon, The Mythology of all Races, vol. v: Semitic, ch. viii, p. 270

11 See Dalley’s Glossary of Deities, Places, and Key Terms, under the term ‘Akkadian’

12 See Langdon, The Mythology of All Races, vol. v: Semitic, ch. i, pp. 3-4

13 See Langdon, The Mythology of All Races, vol. v: Semitic, ch. i, pp. 2-4

14 See Langdon, The Mythology of all Races, vol. v: Semitic, ch. i, pp. 4-5, 14, 19

15 Langdon, The Mythology of all Races, vol. v: Semitic, ch. i, p. 24

16 See F. Lenormant, Chaldean Magic, ch. ix, p. 116

17 Langdon, The Mythology of all Races, vol. v: Semitic, ch. xi, p. 341; Gadd, Ideas of Divine Rule in the Ancient East, lect. i, p. 17, n. 2; Kramer, The Sumerians, ch. ii, p. 45; ch. iv, p. 140

18 Kramer, The Sumerians, ch. iv, p. 140

19 See Kramer, The Sumerians, ch. iv, p. 156

20 In the Desert by the Early Grass, in Thorkild Jacobsen, The Harps that Once, part i, p. 61, Ellipses mine

21 Vain Appeal, in Thorkild Jacobsen, The Harps that Once, part i, p. 53

22 Vain Appeal, in Thorkild Jacobsen, The Harps that Once, part i, p. 55

23 In the Desert by the Early Grass, in Thorkild Jacobsen, The Harps that Once, part i, p. 77; see also the same historian’s intro to this text, p. 59

24 See Langdon, The Mythology of all Races, vol. v: Semitic, ch. xi, pp. 345-346

25 See Langdon, The Mythology of all Races, vol. v: Semitic, ch. xi, pp. 337, 339; James Townley, Reasons of the Laws of Moses, ch. iv, pp. 164-165

26 Maimonides, More Nevochim, in J. Garnier, The Worship of the Dead, part i, ch. iv, pp. 70-71

:D
Thanks for sharing your interesting research about the history of the name. I had not been aware of the connection to baal.

capctr
captain of 100

Post by capctr »

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote: April 13th, 2017, 8:52 pm

Actually, after his stint as a marine fighter pilot during the Vietnam war, he started pursuing a career in the CIA, but left off that path upon seeing the corruption as well as the moral compromises he'd have to make to get ahead.
Joel's "insider" info is more observation of events, and analysis and conjecture. I don't always agree with him, but I respect his ability to use logic and reason, as well as his honesty.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

If you want an interesting outsiders look on the Skousen name, just read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._Cleon_Skousen

It's difficult to get a fair trial in some venues.

BackBlast
captain of 100

Post by BackBlast »

Rough summary.

After being in the military as a fighter pilot he was part of an activist think tank in DC in the 70s and 80s. With the direction he saw the country headed, he didn't think we would be able to turn it around politically so he started doing other things, including author, political analyst, and travels around the country as an architectural consultant. Where he lives right now is kind of irrelevant.

My opinion is that he has a lot of contacts, experience, etc. But it's less about his resume than his mind, he has a very good mind for political analysis. Lots of people work in DC, few seem to really get what is happening. He isn't always right, but he is (my opinion) up there in the top 3% for accuracy among journalists and writers.

Unlike other news outlets where the reader is the product, his readers are his customers. IE, we pay him directly for his analysis. Some people seem to fault him for this approach. I find it aligns our mutual interests better. He is typically cautious and conservative and without the hype that many predictors of trouble use. Very much taking the long view in his advice for planning and actions. In my memory he has never previously taken the stance that WW3 could happen any time now. This is a first.
No, you don't. I don't see anyone here claiming that you do. Maybe I missed it.
Last edited by BackBlast on April 14th, 2017, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

BackBlast
captain of 100

Post by BackBlast »

Matchmaker wrote: April 13th, 2017, 8:42 pm To tell you honestly, I don't know where Joel Skousen gets his insider information these days.
He doesn't. Joel is a critic of "insider information". He says it is almost always disinformation, and I tend to agree with him on that point.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Matchmaker wrote: April 7th, 2017, 2:50 am
Silver wrote: April 6th, 2017, 9:44 pm Let's look at this from another angle:
1. Does the United States have unlimited wealth? Does the United States have a high debt balance of $20Trillion? Can we afford yet another war?
2. Even if Assad did use chemical weapons on his own people, is launching missile attacks the only, the absolute only reasonable response from the US?
3. Are the supporters of Trump, and I think the number should be falling now, willing to buckle on a helmet and go fight in Syria and leave my children out of this mess?
4. I live in San Antonio where the military has facilities for treating our wounded warriors. It is sad to see so many maimed and scarred for life. It's real, people.

President Kimball (a true president, not a traitor like Trump) said that Americans are a warlike people. He's right, to our everlasting shame.
This is all happening too fast. I don't think any of us have enough information to judge the President's decision. Perhaps praying for all the people involved on both sides of this situation is a better choice than saying the Americans deserve to be cursed or calling our President a traitor.
Hatemongers will say anything to draw attention to themselves. Can't see a forest for all the trees kind of circumstance.

Does a traitor pray for America and its people? Was Trump a traitor when he says prayers go out to the innocent victims of chemical annihilation tactics, in the video on the provided website above?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

freedomforall wrote: April 14th, 2017, 1:47 pm
1. Does the United States have unlimited wealth? Does the United States have a high debt balance of $20Trillion? Can we afford yet another war?
2. Even if Assad did use chemical weapons on his own people, is launching missile attacks the only, the absolute only reasonable response from the US?
3. Are the supporters of Trump, and I think the number should be falling now, willing to buckle on a helmet and go fight in Syria and leave my children out of this mess?
4. I live in San Antonio where the military has facilities for treating our wounded warriors. It is sad to see so many maimed and scarred for life. It's real, people.

President Kimball (a true president, not a traitor like Trump) said that Americans are a warlike people. He's right, to our everlasting shame.
This is all happening too fast. I don't think any of us have enough information to judge the President's decision. Perhaps praying for all the people involved on both sides of this situation is a better choice than saying the Americans deserve to be cursed or calling our President a traitor.
Hatemongers will say anything to draw attention to themselves. Can't see a forest for all the trees kind of circumstance.

Does a traitor pray for America and its people? Was Trump a traitor when he says prayers go out to the innocent victims of chemical annihilation tactics, in the video on the provided website above?
Kind of vague there, FFA, but I'll mark you down as another LDS who wants to ignore President Kimball's solemn warning and go with Trump instead.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Matchmaker wrote: April 13th, 2017, 8:42 pm

To tell you honestly, I don't know where Joel Skousen gets his insider information these days.
Wizards living deep in a Florida sinkhole?
Last edited by freedomforall on April 14th, 2017, 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Matchmaker wrote: April 13th, 2017, 8:42 pm

He gets it from Alex Jones who, in part, gets his info from Skousen. It's a circulatory regurgitation party. His other sources are probably the same ones Lindsey Williams claims #-o

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Matchmaker wrote: April 14th, 2017, 4:15 am Thanks for sharing your interesting research about the history of the name. I had not been aware of the connection to baal.

Here is where you can listen to a MP3 about Islam, from a converted radicalized Arab who converted to Christianity.

https://www.endtime.com/end-of-the-age/archives/

Interview with Kamal Saleem
It was live on 12/7/16
It was replayed on 3/17/17

An Inside Look of Islam Irvin interviews Kamal Saleem, former member of the Muslim Brotherhood, concerning ISIS and Islam. Kamal has a website and has very good materials to help you understand Muslim and how to approach them with truth (love!)

Shalom

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Silver wrote: April 14th, 2017, 1:58 pm
freedomforall wrote: April 14th, 2017, 1:47 pm

Kind of vague there, FFA, but I'll mark you down as another LDS who wants to ignore President Kimball's solemn warning and go with Trump instead.
I can Trump Kimball...the LORD says to love your enemies, and this is not a vague, weak command.