Skousen Changes Timeline for WW3

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Re: Skousen Changes Timeline for WW3

Post by Matchmaker »

Silver wrote: April 7th, 2017, 5:08 am
BeNotDeceived wrote: April 7th, 2017, 3:26 am Nope, not gonna happen ,, 7 years of prosperity first that are just now getting underway. :-)
If you call $20 Trillion in admitted sovereign debt, plus all the unfunded liabilities such as Social Security and Medicare, plus all the State and municipality debt, plus bankrupt government pension plans, plus private mortgages, plus private auto loans, plus student loans, "prosperity," I'd hate to see your definition of financial crisis.
Silver, your glass is half empty again, though I admit that anything is possible in our crazy mad world.
BeNot may be right about the coming prosperity cycle. A member of my Bishopric told me he thinks this year will usher in the beginning of prosperity for many in the Church. We've got to stay positive.

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

WW3 can't have started yet - Syria hasn't fired a missile at Israel yet, the conflict isn't centered around the Pacific Ocean, or any of the other handful of events or criteria that the prepper 'prophets' (and I use that term very tongue-in-cheek) have predicted as marking the beginning of WW3 haven't happened yet!

In all seriousness though, I am greatly saddened by this tragic turn of events. We should not be surprised though because the Lord has warned us that "peace shall be taken from the earth, and the devil shall have power over his own dominion." While the righteous can look forward to when the "Lord shall have power over his saints, and shall reign in their midst, and shall come down in judgment upon Idumea, or the world."

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

Give Joel a few weeks, he will change his mind.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

When Babylon falls in an hour,
When hollowed our militant might,
When the dollar loses its power,
Then China and Russia will fight.

Mcox
captain of 100

Post by Mcox »

mirkwood wrote: April 7th, 2017, 2:37 pm Give Joel a few weeks, he will change his mind.
Yep! He is another false prophet. And the fact that he was on Alex Jones says all we need to hear! That guy is a total nut job! I guess Joel didn't listen to President Uchtdorf's talk in general conference?
"One of the ways Satan wants us to manipulate others is by dwelling upon and even exaggerating the evil in the world.

Certainly our world has always been, and will continue to be, imperfect. Far too many innocent people suffer because of circumstances of nature as well as from man’s inhumanity. The corruption and wickedness in our day are unique and alarming.

But in spite of all this, I wouldn’t trade living in this time with any other time in the history of the world. We are blessed beyond measure to live in a day of unparalleled prosperity, enlightenment, and advantage. Most of all, we are blessed to have the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ, which gives us a unique perspective on the world’s dangers and shows us how to either avoid these dangers or deal with them."

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... r?lang=eng

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Well, even with the bad, it's a great time to be alive.

People or our generation are going to be refined like no other.

"Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods." - Thomas Paine

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Original_Intent wrote: April 7th, 2017, 3:27 pm Well, even with the bad, it's a great time to be alive.

People or our generation are going to be refined like no other.

"Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods." - Thomas Paine

What do you mean by "refined"?

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Silver wrote: April 6th, 2017, 9:28 pm
I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote: April 6th, 2017, 9:16 pm
Silver wrote: April 6th, 2017, 9:14 pm
I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote: April 6th, 2017, 8:38 pm

This is not it. The U.S. told Russia of the attacks prior to their launch, which means it's likely no Russian troops were based there. Don't get me wrong, this has the potential to turn out badly, but this is not WWIII going hot as some might think.
If the US told the Russians, what would prevent them from telling the Syrians? If the Syrians knew why wouldn't they move their assets?
Good point. Who knows which news reports are true anymore. One news site said we spoke with them multiple times about the strikes that were going to take place, and another news site is saying we did not talk to them at all. Ridiculous.
It is truly ridiculous that just a week ago Secretary Tillerson was saying that it was not the goal of the Trump administration to remove Assad from power in Syria. Now with no proof we're killing the citizens of that sovereign country. The United States and its people will deserve all the cursing and buffeting and plagues and death we receive one day.

Which is in the near future....

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

The United States and its people will deserve all the cursing and buffeting and plagues and death we receive one day.
This is what I mean by refined. God allows these things to come upon us for our own good, as hard as it is to believe.

The end result will either be a purified people ready to serve God, or an extinct people. Both a better outcome than allowing us to continue on the path we are on.

I hope I can remember that when I have lost family and friends, or when I am suffering from disease or a chemical weapon.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Original_Intent wrote: April 7th, 2017, 5:09 pm
The United States and its people will deserve all the cursing and buffeting and plagues and death we receive one day.
This is what I mean by refined. God allows these things to come upon us for our own good, as hard as it is to believe.

The end result will either be a purified people ready to serve God, or an extinct people. Both a better outcome than allowing us to continue on the path we are on.

I hope I can remember that when I have lost family and friends, or when I am suffering from disease or a chemical weapon.
Like in the days of Noah the Lord could no longer allow innocent children to be born into unrighteous families, so he flushed mankind.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Original_Intent wrote: April 7th, 2017, 3:08 pm When Babylon falls in an hour,
Lol

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Where did that poem come from?
Last edited by Matchmaker on April 8th, 2017, 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Mcox wrote: April 7th, 2017, 3:11 pm
mirkwood wrote: April 7th, 2017, 2:37 pm Give Joel a few weeks, he will change his mind.
Yep! He is another false prophet. And the fact that he was on Alex Jones says all we need to hear! That guy is a total nut job! I guess Joel didn't listen to President Uchtdorf's talk in general conference?
"One of the ways Satan wants us to manipulate others is by dwelling upon and even exaggerating the evil in the world.

Certainly our world has always been, and will continue to be, imperfect. Far too many innocent people suffer because of circumstances of nature as well as from man’s inhumanity. The corruption and wickedness in our day are unique and alarming.

But in spite of all this, I wouldn’t trade living in this time with any other time in the history of the world. We are blessed beyond measure to live in a day of unparalleled prosperity, enlightenment, and advantage. Most of all, we are blessed to have the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ, which gives us a unique perspective on the world’s dangers and shows us how to either avoid these dangers or deal with them."

He may be theatrical and dramatic at times, but I wouldn't call Alex Jones a nut job. He's actually quite intelligent and articulate, as is Joel Skousen. I also don't think a political strategist is the same thing as a false prophet, although I could be wrong on this one.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Matchmaker wrote: April 8th, 2017, 3:00 am He may be theatrical and dramatic at times, but I wouldn't call Alex Jones a nut job. He's actually quite intelligent and articulate, as is Joel Skousen. I also don't think a political strategist is the same thing as a false prophet, although I could be wrong on this one.
I would call Alex Jones colourfully eccentric. He's definitely not a crazy nut job. I agree, that both he and Joel Skousen are both quite intelligent and articulate. They both make hypothesis about the future based on the political atmosphere. I don't think that's a false prophet. Political and military analysts jobs are to figure out what's going to happen in the future. News reporting for ages has always been about speculating and I see them more as making an educated speculation. Now there are other people that are discussed here on the forum and I would say they were definitely bordering on false prophet(ess), someone that teaches contrary to the scriptures, prophets and apostles.
Last edited by Sunain on April 8th, 2017, 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Silver wrote: April 7th, 2017, 5:08 am
BeNotDeceived wrote: April 7th, 2017, 3:26 am Nope, not gonna happen ,, 7 years of prosperity first that are just now getting underway. :-)
If you call $20 Trillion in admitted sovereign debt, plus all the unfunded liabilities such as Social Security and Medicare, plus all the State and municipality debt, plus bankrupt government pension plans, plus private mortgages, plus private auto loans, plus student loans, "prosperity," I'd hate to see your definition of financial crisis.
None of that matters as prosperity in this case, is defined as GDP increasing at a 3% or more annualized rate. The things you cite do matter and may contribute to our destruction at the end of the seven year period. :-)

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Matchmaker wrote: April 8th, 2017, 2:53 am
Where did that poem come from?
I just wrote it. Came right out.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Recognize similarity
7 years of prosperity

2 cents paid advance
2 days wasn't chance

The wise will know change is near
Be prepared and you shall not fear

First verse courtesy
http://www.rhymezone.com/r/rhyme.cgi?Wo ... 2=l&org3=y

paulrobots
captain of 100

Post by paulrobots »

Onsdag wrote: April 7th, 2017, 8:59 am WW3 can't have started yet - Syria hasn't fired a missile at Israel yet, the conflict isn't centered around the Pacific Ocean, or any of the other handful of events or criteria that the prepper 'prophets' (and I use that term very tongue-in-cheek) have predicted as marking the beginning of WW3 haven't happened yet!
WWIII will be a world war, there will be few countries which aren't involved in some way. It will be centered on the world powers. Eventually, as part of the reorganizing of the world orders, Israel will be targeted for destruction. They will stand alone because those who would have stood with them, USA and England, are either overwhelmed with their own wars, or have been defeated and rendered unable to help.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

i think our militant might is "unhallowed"

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Matchmaker wrote: April 8th, 2017, 3:00 am
Mcox wrote: April 7th, 2017, 3:11 pm

He may be theatrical and dramatic at times, but I wouldn't call Alex Jones a nut job. He's actually quite intelligent and articulate, as is Joel Skousen. I also don't think a political strategist is the same thing as a false prophet, although I could be wrong on this one.
I wouldn't call AJ a nut job either. He's fairly savvy...at fear mongering and thereby making a buck or two. JS is doing mostly the same by scabbing off his uncle's name.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Although I didn't vote for Trump, I don't think it's unreasonable to target the facility from where poisoned gas was sent to kill children. I don't think there is a more appropriate response, actually. We're not invading, not joining the fray. But it does tell Assad (and anyone else) that if you use poison gas to kill children, then it will cost you a base, some planes, and a runway...and maybe even more. I heard a military analyst state that our military monitors every flight of every plane country-wide. They know from where the plane came and followed it as it delivered its payload of poison gas and watched it return. It was that base which was hit.

Unless we're being lied to, this is a pretty prudent and justifiable response.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

paulrobots wrote: April 8th, 2017, 8:02 pm
Onsdag wrote: April 7th, 2017, 8:59 am WW3 can't have started yet - Syria hasn't fired a missile at Israel yet, the conflict isn't centered around the Pacific Ocean, or any of the other handful of events or criteria that the prepper 'prophets' (and I use that term very tongue-in-cheek) have predicted as marking the beginning of WW3 haven't happened yet!
WWIII will be a world war, there will be few countries which aren't involved in some way. It will be centered on the world powers. Eventually, as part of the reorganizing of the world orders, Israel will be targeted for destruction. They will stand alone because those who would have stood with them, USA and England, are either overwhelmed with their own wars, or have been defeated and rendered unable to help.
I realize I could be wrong but I don't think Israel will be targeted until Armageddon. From what I understand, WW3 will come first, Israel and America will be victors, if you can call it that, which will usher in a period of safety for Israel, so they can build their temple.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

davedan wrote: April 8th, 2017, 8:20 pm i think our militant might is "unhallowed"
If it is used without God's direction and inspiration.

francisco.colaco
captain of 100

Post by francisco.colaco »

paulrobots wrote: April 8th, 2017, 8:02 pm
Paul,

WWIII is not WWIV. WWIII comes, destroys Babylon (Washington) and goes after a while. The Antichrist then will come, and may even be instrumental in finishing WWIII. After the Anti-Christ settles in power, Israel will be targeted in WWIV. Remember that the Anti-Christ will bring peace with him, albeit only to submit those that fail to pay him reverence and adoration.

francisco.colaco
captain of 100

Post by francisco.colaco »

LDS Physician wrote: April 9th, 2017, 12:21 am Although I didn't vote for Trump, I don't think it's unreasonable to target the facility from where poisoned gas was sent to kill children. I don't think there is a more appropriate response, actually. We're not invading, not joining the fray. But it does tell Assad (and anyone else) that if you use poison gas to kill children, then it will cost you a base, some planes, and a runway...and maybe even more. I heard a military analyst state that our military monitors every flight of every plane country-wide. They know from where the plane came and followed it as it delivered its payload of poison gas and watched it return. It was that base which was hit.

Unless we're being lied to, this is a pretty prudent and justifiable response.
Right,

So Assad, an ophtalmologist that reluctantly accepted to succeed his father, with top western education, under all scrutiny from the international community, and practically winning the war with the help of Russia, would shoot himself in the foot by doing a chemical attack on a non-combatant area RIGHT AFTER Trump said he could remain in power. Having so much to gain and nothing to lose by doing so.

I'd be laughing my bottoms off if I thought anyone could actually believe this version of the story AND be able to properly tell the time from an analogue clock or properly recite the alphabet.