Hey R.M. Kirtland. Thirteen months ago you prophesied...

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Hey R.M. Kirtland. Thirteen months ago you prophesied...

Post by mirkwood »

Here is the thread that this screen shot comes from.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=41596

I have underlined in red the specific prophesy that r.m. Kirtland made. I said I would bring it back up a year later. I added an extra month for him. What say ye Kirtland? Brianj asked me if I would be penitent when you were proven correct. You were wrong. Will you now repent of your doom and glooming? Your false prophesying?

paulrobots
captain of 100

Re: Hey R.M. Kirtland. Thirteen months ago you prophesied...

Post by paulrobots »

It was just an April Fool's joke? :ymsmug:

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

SmallFarm wrote: April 1st, 2017, 7:11 pm Image

All right SmallFarm you had me going there for a minute. I thought you had "nose to the grindstone". But now I realize it is something being ground on the grindstone.
But it does not appear to be an ax.
You mean "ax to grind".
dc

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

I assure you that is an ax my friend.

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

mirkwood wrote: April 1st, 2017, 12:31 am Here is the thread that this screen shot comes from.

I have underlined in red the specific prophesy that r.m. Kirtland made. I said I would bring it back up a year later. I added an extra month for him. What say ye Kirtland? Brianj asked me if I would be penitent when you were proven correct. You were wrong. Will you now repent of your doom and glooming? Your false prophesying?

Give it up man. Watch conference and drop your pride.

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

mirkwood wrote: April 1st, 2017, 12:31 am Here is the thread that this screen shot comes from.

Don't worry mirk, maybe you missed the post I did on this subject weeks ago. I doubt it, I just think you ignored it. You seem to be saying things are pretty good out there, but not so. For one thing, I have never seen so many who are trying to take down our new U.S. Pres.. Insanity abounds. And by the way, you are inferring that we are not in a hole. We are, and still lot's of crazy things going on that you and I don't fully understand. I have been quiet for the most part because I don't have much new to say.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

kirtland r.m. wrote: April 2nd, 2017, 11:55 am
Don't worry mirk, maybe you missed the post I did on this subject weeks ago. I doubt it, I just think you ignored it. You seem to be saying things are pretty good out there, but not so. For one thing, I have never seen so many who are trying to take down our new U.S. Pres.. Insanity abounds. And by the way, you are inferring that we are not in a hole. We are, and still lot's of crazy things going on that you and I don't fully understand. I have been quiet for the most part because I don't have much new to say.
I don't read most of your posts, they are irrelevant. Your grand predictions have not come to pass. I have not said we are not in trouble. I'm am fully aware of secret combinations and modern Gadiantons. I am aware of false prophets and their ilk.

You have tried to set yourself on a pedestal. Here is a video that should help you if you allow it. setyourself free you might want to watch it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1JOPxa8ztk

capctr
captain of 100

Post by capctr »

mirkwood wrote: April 2nd, 2017, 12:15 pm
kirtland r.m. wrote: April 2nd, 2017, 11:55 am
I don't read most of your posts, they are irrelevant. Your grand predictions have not come to pass. I have not said we are not in trouble. I'm am fully aware of secret combinations and modern Gadiantons. I am aware of false prophets and their ilk.

You have tried to set yourself on a pedestal. Here is a video that should help you if you allow it. setyourself free you might want to watch it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1JOPxa8ztk
Honestly, kirtland? I've gotta side with Mirkwood on this. You are not only a sensationalist, you also really come across as a wannabe prophet, and your sheeps clothing is beginning to rip at the seams.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

I think I remember reading something about in the last days there would be false prophets prophesying in Christ's name...How many people have been lead astray by that crowd?
Last edited by DesertWonderer on April 4th, 2017, 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

He never said he prophecied. To me, it just seemed like a prediction as usual. A good guess based on the information he had (His personal revelation), but none the less flawed. Your interpretation of such stuff can be wrong. The Lord's time is not our time. Kirtland just gets passionate about these things, that's all... so kindly stop pestering him about this stuff.

How the future plays out exactly isn't set in stone. Our decisions and choices affect when the tribulations and second coming will occur, hence why Mankind can neither know the hour nor the day. We can speculate and guess all we want, but I think that there is no specific set date for the Second Coming (Rather there is a set of conditions that must be met before He will come). For all we know, it will start tomorrow or in a year from now.

That being said. Kirtland does blow things out of proportion sometimes. :ymdevil:

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Why is it satisfying to put down Kirtland? Maybe he was right but the Lord delayed the coming crisis. The plans of the enemy have been foiled time and time again.

Elder Christofferson's talk was about Ezekiel, who was a watchman and of the Aaronic in Priesthood. If Ezekiel can be a watchman, so can many others.

Lets hope our prayers can continue to stop the powers that be from overtaking our country and world. We certainly have not gotten rid of them, so the fact that nothing huge has happened is a blessing for more time from God.

I certainly hope Kirtland is not right, but if he is right and his timing was off, then it would be better instead of grinding people's faces to the grindstone, that we spent more time sanctifying ourselves.

It's not over yet. At least the information in that R2 unit is still safe.

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

DesertWonderer wrote: April 3rd, 2017, 8:18 am I think I remember reading something about in the last days there would be false prophets prophesying in Christ's name...How many people have been lead astray by that crowd?
So you are putting Kirtland in with that crowd?

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

I really haven't seen too many people leave the church for predicting things were going to get bad sooner than they actually happened. I'm more concerned with false prophets introducing false doctrines and practices than someone thinking the 2nd coming is closer than it actually may be.

We have to be careful not to instill fear as warned during General Conference.

The potential problem with the NDE is that they cause a rush of filling one's lamp but often it's short lived and there is a burn out when they are wrong - "we are seeing that now". You get highs and lows with fear. Fear can cause extreme temporal preparation.

We must always be prepared. We must be looking for the Lord's return.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

setyourselffree wrote: April 4th, 2017, 9:07 am
DesertWonderer wrote: April 3rd, 2017, 8:18 am I think I remember reading something about in the last days there would be false prophets prophesying in Christ's name...How many people have been lead astray by that crowd?
Sadly, yes.

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

capctr wrote: April 2nd, 2017, 10:13 pm
Honestly, kirtland? I've gotta side with Mirkwood on this. You are not only a sensationalist, you also really come across as a wannabe prophet, and your sheeps clothing is beginning to rip at the seams.
Did somebody say something about sheep's clothing?

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

DesertWonderer wrote: April 4th, 2017, 1:14 pm
setyourselffree wrote: April 4th, 2017, 9:07 am
Sadly, yes.
Ha, that's laughable! If anything he is just misled.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Durzan wrote: April 4th, 2017, 6:47 am He never said he prophecied. To me, it just seemed like a prediction as usual. A good guess based on the information he had (His personal revelation), but none the less flawed. Your interpretation of such stuff can be wrong. The Lord's time is not our time. Kirtland just gets passionate about these things, that's all... so kindly stop pestering him about this stuff.

How the future plays out exactly isn't set in stone. Our decisions and choices affect when the tribulations and second coming will occur, hence why Mankind can neither know the hour nor the day. We can speculate and guess all we want, but I think that there is no specific set date for the Second Coming (Rather there is a set of conditions that must be met before He will come). For all we know, it will start tomorrow or in a year from now.

That being said. Kirtland does blow things out of proportion sometimes. :ymdevil:
You're right, he never said he was prophesying, but he WAS predicting--read his post and you'll see. To clarify, the thread was about Julie Rowe's predictions for the future and Kirtland got himself called out by Mirkwood because he made the prediction that the things Julie said were going to happen would happen within the year. It's now been over a year and they didn't happen. So, Mirkwood was correct in challenging Kirtland AND Julie Rowe about these things happening during the last year. And, we are coming up on the year mark since she made her 'wasatch wakeup' prediction which turned out to be a bust.

Why do some on this thread get upset when people are held accountable for their wrong predictions? Don't you all want to know when someone has a poor track record of making these kinds of claims? Kirtland's ability to predict is very much in question. Maybe the problem is he's too passionate and trusting, bringing information here that comes from spurious sources. I don't recall any of his predictions or his threads of doom having come true. I would think that people who are supposedly interested in these things would ALSO want to know if they come true.

I don't care if kirtland makes these speculative posts, I do appreciate that he brings some info. to our attention that we might otherwise miss, but if he's going to attempt to make predictions along with his posts, I think it is only fair that others are able to point out when they don't pan out. If there's something wrong with that, if some of you think it's contentious or nitpicky or 'mean' to do so, then maybe he shouldn't make the posts in the first place--that way no one will feel like they need to follow up on his predictions.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

AI2.0 wrote: April 4th, 2017, 4:29 pm
Durzan wrote: April 4th, 2017, 6:47 am He never said he prophecied. To me, it just seemed like a prediction as usual. A good guess based on the information he had (His personal revelation), but none the less flawed. Your interpretation of such stuff can be wrong. The Lord's time is not our time. Kirtland just gets passionate about these things, that's all... so kindly stop pestering him about this stuff.

You're right, he never said he was prophesying, but he WAS predicting--read his post and you'll see. To clarify, the thread was about Julie Rowe's predictions for the future and Kirtland got himself called out by Mirkwood because he made the prediction that the things Julie said were going to happen would happen within the year. It's now been over a year and they didn't happen. So, Mirkwood was correct in challenging Kirtland AND Julie Rowe about these things happening during the last year. And, we are coming up on the year mark since she made her 'wasatch wakeup' prediction which turned out to be a bust.

Why do some on this thread get upset when people are held accountable for their wrong predictions? Don't you all want to know when someone has a poor track record of making these kinds of claims? Kirtland's ability to predict is very much in question. Maybe the problem is he's too passionate and trusting, bringing information here that comes from spurious sources. I don't recall any of his predictions or his threads of doom having come true. I would think that people who are supposedly interested in these things would ALSO want to know if they come true.

I don't care if kirtland makes these speculative posts, I do appreciate that he brings some info. to our attention that we might otherwise miss, but if he's going to attempt to make predictions along with his posts, I think it is only fair that others are able to point out when they don't pan out. If there's something wrong with that, if some of you think it's contentious or nitpicky or 'mean' to do so, then maybe he shouldn't make the posts in the first place--that way no one will feel like they need to follow up on his predictions.
One can be passionate without being gullible. Kirtland could also help his stock price by frankly admitting when his passionate predictions prove perfectly and pitifully wrong. Instead he doubles down.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Durzan wrote: April 4th, 2017, 6:47 am He never said he prophecied.
"I have been given personal revelation on the subject that I write about" krm

That sounds like prophesying to me not predicting.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Why does this even matter?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Z2100 wrote: April 4th, 2017, 9:25 pm

Asked the guy who joined 6 days ago...

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Silver wrote: April 4th, 2017, 9:59 pm
Z2100 wrote: April 4th, 2017, 9:25 pm

Asked the guy who joined 6 days ago...
Haha

Different
captain of 100

Post by Different »

Prophesied? Uhm no hes not a prophet... secondly all ive seen him do is illustrate the state of the world. Pride goes before the fall.

mmm..cheese
captain of 100

Post by mmm..cheese »

DesertWonderer wrote: April 4th, 2017, 7:23 pm
Durzan wrote: April 4th, 2017, 6:47 am He never said he prophecied.
"I have been given personal revelation on the subject that I write about" krm

That sounds like prophesying to me not predicting.
It definitely does not sound like speculation, which to what extent is wild speculation really a good thing?

We are instructed to live our lives while we "watch." Even if we have some really compelling reason to not believe the second coming is in the near future, it is still a commandment to be ready, for several reasons with several stories and Scriptures to illustrate the blessings of being ready, even if every wicked thing isn't about to be annihilated tomorrow.

"As he addressed the newly formed Quorum of Twelve Apostles in 1835, the Prophet encouraged propriety with sacred experiences: “Let us be faithful and silent, brethren, and if God gives you a manifestation, keep it to yourselves.”[28] Similarly, the prophet Jeremiah had to confront people in his day who claimed to have inspired dreams..."

https://rsc.byu.edu/archived/volume-12- ... ugh-dreams