We NOW are ~17 years into the 7th Seal

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Charles7
captain of 10

We NOW are ~17 years into the 7th Seal

Post by Charles7 »

Y #1. According to OUR calendar, when will the seventh seal be opened, and the half-hour of silence begins in heaven?

Until 1582 A.D. our calendar was not at all accurate, but Pope Gregory employed a group of mathematicians and astronomers to restructure the calendar. They set up the new calendar so that it was in perfect harmony or calibration with the sun. To make it completely accurate they had to add one day every four years and that is how we got our “leap year.”

But even with all that restructuring, how are we certain that it is completely accurate? The best answer to that question is in the Doctrine and Covenants. On two occasions the Lord used the Gregorian calendar in such a way that it seemed to clearly imply his approval of it.
In Section 20 the Lord said he wanted the Church established on the sixth day of April because it would be “one thousand eight hundred and thirty years (1830) since the coming of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in the flesh.”

In the very next section we are told the Church was set up by Joseph Smith under the guidance of the Holy Ghost and then it says:
“Which church was organized and established in the year of your Lord eighteen hundred and thirty, in the fourth month, and on the sixth day of the month which is called April.” 17

So if our calendar is accurate and apparently approved by the Lord, there is no question about the date of the opening of the seventh seal and the half hour of silence in heaven.

IT WILL COMMENCE IN THE YEAR 2000 AD. We are now approximately 17 years into the 7th SEAL

Zion2080
captain of 100

Re: We NOW are ~17 years into the 7th Seal

Post by Zion2080 »

I'm sorry to say that we are simply not! Too much has to happen. We would've seen WW3 already...
Here is another post from another thread you must read:
We are in the 6th seal until the following occur

start of the building of New Jerusalem.
144,000 called.
Missionaries called home
Worldwide earthquake
10 tribes return. Period

Read the D&C regarding the 144K.. they are high priest called to preach the gospel D&C 77:10-11

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Charles7 wrote: March 29th, 2017, 6:54 am Y #1. According to OUR calendar, when will the seventh seal be opened, and the half-hour of silence begins in heaven?

Until 1582 A.D. our calendar was not at all accurate, but Pope Gregory employed a group of mathematicians and astronomers to restructure the calendar. They set up the new calendar so that it was in perfect harmony or calibration with the sun. To make it completely accurate they had to add one day every four years and that is how we got our “leap year.”

But even with all that restructuring, how are we certain that it is completely accurate? The best answer to that question is in the Doctrine and Covenants. On two occasions the Lord used the Gregorian calendar in such a way that it seemed to clearly imply his approval of it.
In Section 20 the Lord said he wanted the Church established on the sixth day of April because it would be “one thousand eight hundred and thirty years (1830) since the coming of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in the flesh.”

In the very next section we are told the Church was set up by Joseph Smith under the guidance of the Holy Ghost and then it says:
“Which church was organized and established in the year of your Lord eighteen hundred and thirty, in the fourth month, and on the sixth day of the month which is called April.” 17

So if our calendar is accurate and apparently approved by the Lord, there is no question about the date of the opening of the seventh seal and the half hour of silence in heaven.

IT WILL COMMENCE IN THE YEAR 2000 AD. We are now approximately 17 years into the 7th SEAL
The Lord using dates that we recognize is no confirmation of their accuracy.
We are clearly not yet into the 7th seal.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

Robin Hood wrote: March 29th, 2017, 9:25 am
Charles7 wrote: March 29th, 2017, 6:54 am Y #1. According to OUR calendar, when will the seventh seal be opened, and the half-hour of silence begins in heaven?

We are about 76 yeras away from the 7th seal in 2093 and 83 years away from the Second Coming which is in 2100. Also, here's a map I made on MapChart.net. It shows the probable spread of the gospel. The blue is the areas where there are congregations and the rest is based on future data. But I also think that the Times of the Gentiles will be fulfilled in 2025.
Attachments
Spreading of the Gospel.png
Spreading of the Gospel.png (1.78 MiB) Viewed 4242 times

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

I am sure this has been discussed, but it is general accepted that Herod died end of March or early April of 4 BC. If this is correct then you have Jesus in Egypt, not returning till after his death. So that might be a closer guide if your looking for calendar dates as a marker. Look for events rather than dates. I do believe we are in the " Silence in Heaven" period.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

Older/wiser? wrote: March 29th, 2017, 10:09 am I am sure this has been discussed, but it is general accepted that Herod died end of March or early April of 4 BC. If this is correct then you have Jesus in Egypt, not returning till after his death. So that might be a closer guide if your looking for calendar dates as a marker. Look for events rather than dates. I do believe we are in the " Silence in Heaven" period.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. If all Hell breaks loose in 2021, then I'll pay you $500.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Zion2080 wrote: March 29th, 2017, 10:04 am

We are about 76 yeras away from the 7th seal in 2093 and 83 years away from the Second Coming which is in 2100. Also, here's a map I made on MapChart.net. It shows the probable spread of the gospel. The blue is the areas where there are congregations and the rest is based on future data. But I also think that the Times of the Gentiles will be fulfilled in 2025.
Couple of things.
Firstly, your map indicates there are no congregations in Greenland..... there are.
Secondly, your assertion that the second coming will be in 2100AD cannot possibly be correct; as the Lord has stated that no man knows when it will be.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

Robin Hood wrote: March 29th, 2017, 10:20 am

Couple of things.
Firstly, your map indicates there are no congregations in Greenland..... there are.
Secondly, your assertion that the second coming will be in 2100AD cannot possibly be correct; as the Lord has stated that no man knows when it will be.

Are there any other countries I got wrong? I'm trying to make this completely accurate.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Zion2080 wrote: March 29th, 2017, 10:21 am

Couple of things.

Are there any other countries I got wrong? I'm trying to make this completely accurate.
Yes there are.
Ukraine has congregations, and a temple.
West African nations such as Ghana and Nigeria both have congregations and temples.
China has about 100 congregations, and is growing all the time with student converts returning from the west.
Cuba has LDS congregations too. So does Taiwan.
Saudi Arabia has a Stake.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

Robin Hood wrote: March 29th, 2017, 10:32 am

Couple of things.

Yes there are.
West African nations such as Ghana and Nigeria both have congregations and temples.
China has about 100 congregations, and is growing all the time with student converts returning from the west.

What about Belarus?

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

Zion2080 wrote: March 29th, 2017, 10:15 am
Older/wiser? wrote: March 29th, 2017, 10:09 am I am sure this has been discussed, but it is general accepted that Herod died end of March or early April of 4 BC. If this is correct then you have Jesus in Egypt, not returning till after his death. So that might be a closer guide if your looking for calendar dates as a marker. Look for events rather than dates. I do believe we are in the " Silence in Heaven" period.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. If all Hell breaks loose in 2021, then I'll pay you $500.
I will take that benefit of a doubt, thanks and the $500. is my gift to you to go buy wheat (Brigham young said a bushel will be worth its weight in gold) so listen to me and I will make you wealth. Hell breaking loose , before 2021 IMHO and lasting longer than we think.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

To be specific, the 7th Seal opened on April 6th 2000. It just so happens to be the date the Palmyra temple was dedicated, 1 Nisan on the Hebrew calendar and an unprecedented planetary alignment.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

Older/wiser? wrote: March 29th, 2017, 10:53 am
Zion2080 wrote: March 29th, 2017, 10:15 am

I will take that benefit of a doubt, thanks and the $500. is my gift to you to go buy wheat (Brigham young said a bushel will be worth its weight in gold) so listen to me and I will make you wealth. Hell breaking loose , before 2021 IMHO and lasting longer than we think.

How long do you think we'll have to wait?

Charles7
captain of 10

Post by Charles7 »

Yes! Excellent, April 6, 2000 the opening of the 7th seal!

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Charles7 wrote: March 29th, 2017, 11:16 am Yes! Excellent, April 6, 2000 the opening of the 7th seal!
Nope.

96walker
captain of 100

Post by 96walker »

So..... If the 7th seal was opened on April 6th, 2000, and if 1000 years equals one day in our Heavenly Father's eyes, the thirty minute period of silence will end about 20.83 years after April 6th. That would be on or about February 3rd, 2021. That is some pretty fascinating stuff. What exactly are the events that happen after the 30 minutes of silence? Is that when the turd hits the fan, or is that when our Savior steps foot on Mount Olive? Basically, do the 7 years of tribulation start then, or end then? FYI, I am not saying that I necessarily agree with this, I am just theorizing and speculating.

dominosfalling
Hi, I'm new.

Post by dominosfalling »

I have often wondered if the GA's will let us know when the 7th seal is opened. It would be quite an announcement! On the 1/2 hour of silence in heaven I wonder if it refers to First Presidency proclamations to the world? If that is what the 1/2 hour silence refers to then isn't the last proclamation to the world; The Family: Proclamation To The World? That was published Sept. 23, 1995. The half hour of silence in heaven then would end after 2016.

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

I find the lack of thought on this thread disturbing. In the Doctrine and Covenants, the Lord clearly tells Joseph Smith to found the church in 1830 on April 6th because it was, "The rise of the Church of Christ in these last days, being one thousand eight hundred and thirty years since the coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ..."
Christ definitely came in the meridian on time, which, in the Earth calendar would be the year of Earth 4000, not 3500, because it rounds up, or else these events would have already taken place, and the duration of Earths temporal existence is 7000 years, also found in D&C, the last 1000 of which are in a millennial state. We are indeed 17 years overdue. Revelations speaks of a silence in the heavens for half an hour, and this in my opinion is the only explanation as to why the world is falling so rapidly wicked AND why we aren't being cleansed yet in preparation for the millennium.
The argument that "so much has to happen so it can't happen that fast" is naive and blatant misunderstanding of God, His power, and His working. Jerusalem was captured and destroyed very quickly after Nephi left. God can make entire continents move and disturb, what makes any man say that there is not enough time? Moreover, God is not subject to time as we are, and He can do things simultaneously.
As for popular Christian interpretation of revelation, Christ told Joseph Smith in their first meeting that all the other Christian's works and teachings were an abomination unto Him, so why do so many Mormons still use these theories? Use what the latter day prophets teach to correctly decipher the scriptures, and reject popular Christian ideas. We have a prophet for a reason guys.
I know I am repeating what has already been said, so for that I am sorry.
Last edited by Hivetyrant36 on March 29th, 2017, 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

dominosfalling wrote: March 29th, 2017, 12:16 pm I have often wondered if the GA's will let us know when the 7th seal is opened. It would be quite an announcement! On the 1/2 hour of silence in heaven I wonder if it refers to First Presidency proclamations to the world? If that is what the 1/2 hour silence refers to then isn't the last proclamation to the world; The Family: Proclamation To The World? That was published Sept. 23, 1995. The half hour of silence in heaven then would end after 2016.
The scriptures, namely the Doctrine and Covenants, already tell us that the seals are for the beginning of each 1000 years. It is already opened. I don't think it has anything to do with the proclamation though.
Last edited by Hivetyrant36 on March 29th, 2017, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

96walker wrote: March 29th, 2017, 12:06 pm So..... If the 7th seal was opened on April 6th, 2000, and if 1000 years equals one day in our Heavenly Father's eyes, the thirty minute period of silence will end about 20.83 years after April 6th. That would be on or about February 3rd, 2021. That is some pretty fascinating stuff. What exactly are the events that happen after the 30 minutes of silence? Is that when the turd hits the fan, or is that when our Savior steps foot on Mount Olive? Basically, do the 7 years of tribulation start then, or end then? FYI, I am not saying that I necessarily agree with this, I am just theorizing and speculating.
Either Feb 2nd or 3rd, I think 2020 is a leap year. Thank you for pointing this out though, I had not thought to use April 6th as the beginning of a year instead of Jan 1. My estimation was Oct 30 lol, oh how wrong I was. :D
But again I must warn not to use popular christian interpretation. I am not sure at the moment whether or not the 7 years of famine are supported by the LDS prophets, I need to do some more research.

tjtax06
captain of 50

Post by tjtax06 »

Zion2080 wrote: March 29th, 2017, 10:50 am

Couple of things.

Yes there are.

What about Belarus?
Belarus has a small branch. My parents have served two humanitarian aid missions there.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

tjtax06 wrote: March 29th, 2017, 1:35 pm
Zion2080 wrote: March 29th, 2017, 10:50 am

Yes there are.

What about Belarus?
Belarus has a small branch. My parents have served two humanitarian aid missions there.

And what about North Africa and the FYROM?

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

Any countries I left out?
Attachments
The Gospel 3.png
The Gospel 3.png (1.69 MiB) Viewed 4038 times

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Stuff happening in 3 years makes a lot of sense to me. The buildup is palpable.

cappaccio
captain of 100

Post by cappaccio »

I'm with Alaris. Its like we are about to head over the top of the roller coaster, the back end is just about to hit the crescendo, then its ALL DOWN HILL from there!

then we hit the bottom and can rejoice when we can ascend with Jesus Christ at the helm