Yellowstone Due to blow at Any Time?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

How soon do You Think Yellowstone will Erupt?

Poll ended at July 1st, 2017, 3:25 pm

Too Soon
No votes
Very Soon
No votes
Soon
21%
Far
46%
Very Far
13%
Super Far
21%

Total votes: 24
Zion2080
captain of 100

Yellowstone Due to blow at Any Time?

Post by Zion2080 »

Regarding the Last Days; what about Yellowstone? Could it blow this century or the next? The only problem with it erupting is that if it does, then what about the people living in the Rockies, and ZIon? New Jerusalem is directly in the path of the monster.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/when-will-yell ... ut-1508997

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/6 ... l-millions

Surely, the explosion of Yellowstone would've been something ancient prophets would've seen.
http://www.livescience.com/20714-yellow ... ption.html :(

here is a link that shows that Yellowstone could erupt very soon:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/6 ... pervolcano :( :(

So what conclusions have you drawn based on these websites and other data you have found? Are there an good/better websites about this? I plan on moving Idaho Falls in the future. I'd be dead in just an hour if it erupts. I like to think of Yellowstone as a pimple. Once it pops, fluid gets everywhere. :))

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: Yellowstone Due to blow at Any Time?

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Far, thinking that's about 10 years and it being the event prophesied about a "yellow dog". :-)

7 years of prosperity begins next week!

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

I remember watching the 2nd Despicable ME movie, by ILLUMINATIon entertainment. It showed them putting a bomb inside a volcano. Predictive programming?

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

The blatant lies accompanying the video at the Express website are hilarious. I can clearly see clouds drifting by at the top of the screen. It is noticeable between 15 and 20 seconds in, among other times. The darkening then brightening of the ground are obviously shadows from clouds and the clear skies claim is a blatant lie.

Regarding the Yellowstone volcano, could it blow this century? Absolutely yes. Could it blow between now and General Conference in nine days? I can say with almost 100% certainty that the answer is no. Yellowstone is one of the most closely monitored volcanoes on the planet and, since volcanoes don't just erupt out of the blue, the odds of an eruption happening without warning are so close to zero that I am totally confident it won't happen.

Some uplifting of the ground within the Yellowstone caldera began in 2015 and was made into a big story by the media, just for ratings. That uplift has stopped and the ground has been slowly receding lately. The uplift never exceeded historic norms.

If you want to know the real story about what's happening within the Yellowstone caldera, go to the USGS Volcano Hazards website: https://volcanoes.usgs.gov/vhp/updates.html

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

Remember that the scientists have only been studying weather and the earth for about 150 years. Major scientific opinions have changes frequently, especially Yellowstone. It looks like it is getting worse, but, us humans just can't know with our limited knowledge.

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

BeNotDeceived wrote: March 23rd, 2017, 6:01 pm Far, thinking that's about 10 years and it being the event prophesied about a "yellow dog". :-)

7 years of prosperity begins next week!
Well shoot, somebody hire me already.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

brianj wrote: March 23rd, 2017, 8:42 pm The blatant lies accompanying the video at the Express website are hilarious. I can clearly see clouds drifting by at the top of the screen. It is noticeable between 15 and 20 seconds in, among other times. The darkening then brightening of the ground are obviously shadows from clouds and the clear skies claim is a blatant lie.

Regarding the Yellowstone volcano, could it blow this century? Absolutely yes. Could it blow between now and General Conference in nine days? I can say with almost 100% certainty that the answer is no. Yellowstone is one of the most closely monitored volcanoes on the planet and, since volcanoes don't just erupt out of the blue, the odds of an eruption happening without warning are so close to zero that I am totally confident it won't happen.

Some uplifting of the ground within the Yellowstone caldera began in 2015 and was made into a big story by the media, just for ratings. That uplift has stopped and the ground has been slowly receding lately. The uplift never exceeded historic norms.

If you want to know the real story about what's happening within the Yellowstone caldera, go to the USGS Volcano Hazards website: https://volcanoes.usgs.gov/vhp/updates.html
There you go again with your faith in science.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

Hivetyrant36 wrote: March 23rd, 2017, 10:52 pm Remember that the scientists have only been studying weather and the earth for about 150 years. Major scientific opinions have changes frequently, especially Yellowstone. It looks like it is getting worse, but, us humans just can't know with our limited knowledge.
Yes. We don't know everything about the Earth. Heck, we've only discovered 5% of the Earth's oceans. The rest based on scientific theory. We've only discovered about .001% of our planet.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

I would say "Who knows?"

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Hivetyrant36 wrote: March 23rd, 2017, 10:52 pm Remember that the scientists have only been studying weather and the earth for about 150 years. Major scientific opinions have changes frequently, especially Yellowstone. It looks like it is getting worse, but, us humans just can't know with our limited knowledge.
How does Yellowstone look like it's getting worse? Nothing in geology of volcanology suggests that Yellowstone is getting any worse.