Where are the l.d.s. dreamers? Building Zion, and patiently waiting on the Lord. Here is an update.

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Where are the l.d.s. dreamers? Building Zion, and patiently waiting on the Lord. Here is an update.

Post by kirtland r.m. »

Although several major events have not happened as some believed(including myself), I will say this. As I have posted on this forum, a major l.d.s. dreamer, well known to most on this forum, told me about a push from our southern(for those of you in the U.S.) border as part of a coming U.S. invasion. This was less than a year ago. This matches what some others have said as well as other points brought up in this link.http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2017/ ... r-america/
These things are interesting. I am not really pushing them, just posting them as something to take a look at. there is a commonality in these points by people from all over the world that is interesting over the last twenty years. That same dreamer also told me a number of other points mentioned in commonsense show post.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Re: Where are the l.d.s. dreamers? Building Zion, and patiently waiting on the Lord. Here is an update.

Post by GrandMasterB »

Is this dreamer named Hector by chance? Are we going to be invaded by Mexico?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: Where are the l.d.s. dreamers? Building Zion, and patiently waiting on the Lord. Here is an update.

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Just heard Los Angeles is in the running for 2024 Olympics.

Maybe a connection, and Hancock Prophecy fits well with it being an election year. ;)

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Do you think maybe there's a lesson to be learned in all this? Consider the frenzied rash of people trying to predict the future and ending up being wrong...could this be fulfillment of prophecy that many would be deceived in the last days? Also a warning against looking to those who "peep and mutter" for warnings rather than looking to our living prophet and leaders?

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

AI2.0 wrote: March 18th, 2017, 12:52 pm Do you think maybe there's a lesson to be learned in all this? Consider the frenzied rash of people trying to predict the future and ending up being wrong...could this be fulfillment of prophecy that many would be deceived in the last days? Also a warning against looking to those who "peep and mutter" for warnings rather than looking to our living prophet and leaders?
I have wondered about this. But when I contemplate it I keep returning to the idea that some people given real visions spread them improperly or against the guidance they received and the timing was changed (or the visions weren't quite as literal as the recipients thought) so the descriptions of those events would not be accurate.

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

The sad thing is the liars ruin it for legit ones. I think "Spencer" and David Warwick are legit. I think Julie is a flat out liar and not sure on Hector..... but my gut wants to classify him in the same category as her. She unfortunately has done much more harm to the prepping lds community than she ever did to help it....

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

AI2.0 wrote: March 18th, 2017, 12:52 pm Do you think maybe there's a lesson to be learned in all this? Consider the frenzied rash of people trying to predict the future and ending up being wrong...could this be fulfillment of prophecy that many would be deceived in the last days? Also a warning against looking to those who "peep and mutter" for warnings rather than looking to our living prophet and leaders?
I think there are lessons from this we need to learn. I don't know of any hard set rules for how visions and dreams operate, and how they do or do not come to pass, and how our agency affects them, and how our subconscious desires affect and even deceive us.

There is a lot I see going on in the world that needs to get better. There is too much disease, starvation, poverty, ill health, relationship problems, trauma, and such. If God fulfills these dreams at some point in time, so that the world gets cleaned up and becomes a better place, more power to Him. It sure would be nice for things to get better just by sitting and waiting. But then again, maybe cleaning up that bad in the world and in our hearts is our job, and so, maybe we can discuss how to continue moving forward in that regard.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Where are all the LDS dreamers? They're in la la land. I dream too but they're mostly just dreams. Heck, even my ringtone is the theme from I Dream of Genie. I guess that makes me legit, just like Sosa and Rowe. FYI- John Stockton and Karl Malone and the rest of the team from '98 will play for the Jazz next year. I dreamt it so it's gotta be true. I should write a book.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

shadow wrote: March 19th, 2017, 12:32 am Where are all the LDS dreamers? They're in la la land. I dream too but they're mostly just dreams. Heck, even my ringtone is the theme from I Dream of Genie. I guess that makes me legit, just like Sosa and Rowe. FYI- John Stockton and Karl Malone and the rest of the team from '98 will play for the Jazz next year. I dreamt it so it's gotta be true. I should write a book.
After reading yet another mocking post, I have a question for you Shadow:

Do you deny that church members are capable of receiving inspired or prophetic revelation through dreams?

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

kirtland r.m. wrote: March 16th, 2017, 8:46 pm Although several major events have not happened as some believed(including myself), I will say this.

Question: Were the events false, or did you have the date/timeframe wrong.

As I have posted on this forum, a major l.d.s. dreamer, well known to most on this forum, told me about a push from our southern(for those of you in the U.S.) border as part of a coming U.S. invasion. This was less than a year ago. This matches what some others have said as well as other points brought up in this link.http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2017/ ... r-america/
These things are interesting. I am not really pushing them, just posting them as something to take a look at. there is a commonality in these points by people from all over the world that is interesting over the last twenty years. That same dreamer also told me a number of other points mentioned in commonsense show post.

So are you now predicting a Mexican invasion? If not, why is this so called invasion interesting? Are you substituting one hype for another?

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

brianj wrote: March 19th, 2017, 9:52 am Do you deny that church members are capable of receiving inspired or prophetic revelation through dreams?
I'll let Shadow answer his question from you. I have one for you.

Do you deny that church members are capable of being deceived through revelation or dreams?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Since this is the LDS Freedom Forum, I declare my freedom from all those, including the usual suspects here, that try to induce me into believing their pepperoni-induced version of the truth. It's truly sad to see them struggle to gain some degree of relevancy to feed their unfulfilled needs.

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

This is old. Like, millenia old. As in the early 2000's. Which, with how fast the world is now changing, is like ancient history. Chiseled into stone tablets with one emoji equating a whole page old.
My first run in with doom and gloomers was back then at mormon gun advocates websites (they calling themselves patriots) that were freaking out that Mexico would invade "anytime now, imminently speaking".
I cut my teeth on mocking and pointing out how stupid "prophecies" are with them. Two decades later and still going strong.

If you're hoping for prophecy reboot, don't. Just don't. Hollywood sucks mightly with movie reboots. The dreamers don't even have a creative writing department. It's not like they're gonna do any good with reboots.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

brianj wrote: March 19th, 2017, 9:52 am
shadow wrote: March 19th, 2017, 12:32 am Where are all the LDS dreamers? They're in la la land. I dream too but they're mostly just dreams. Heck, even my ringtone is the theme from I Dream of Genie. I guess that makes me legit, just like Sosa and Rowe. FYI- John Stockton and Karl Malone and the rest of the team from '98 will play for the Jazz next year. I dreamt it so it's gotta be true. I should write a book.

Do you deny that church members are capable of receiving inspired or prophetic revelation through dreams?
Show me one, just one dreamer from this site or who has been discussed on this site that got it right and I'll show you a needle in a haystack. My experience with dreams, the real ones, are that they aren't for the world but for personal help and growth. They aren't public. Have you had experience receiving revelation via dreams? I hope you have. But the Sosa, Rowe, AVOW crowd stuff are false and have been proven as such. True revelation via dreams aren't found on the web. Get your own.
Sorry you were decieved into believing so many of the false prophets of the latter days. I'm sure there's probably a lesson somewhere in there for you to learn.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

shadow wrote: March 19th, 2017, 2:02 pm
brianj wrote: March 19th, 2017, 9:52 am

Show me one, just one dreamer from this site or who has been discussed on this site that got it right and I'll show you a needle in a haystack. My experience with dreams, the real ones, are that they aren't for the world but for personal help and growth. They aren't public. Have you had experience receiving revelation via dreams? I hope you have. But the Sosa, Rowe, AVOW crowd stuff are false and have been proven as such. True revelation via dreams aren't found on the web. Get your own.
Sorry you were decieved into believing so many of the false prophets of the latter days. I'm sure there's probably a lesson somewhere in there for you to learn.
shadow, this post of yours should be the last post in this thread (I guess I'm making that impossible by posting...sorry). You've nailed it. We should all cherish our dreams. OUR dreams. Dreams or NDEs of others are almost always for itchy ears.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

mirkwood wrote: March 19th, 2017, 11:14 am
brianj wrote: March 19th, 2017, 9:52 am Do you deny that church members are capable of receiving inspired or prophetic revelation through dreams?
I'll let Shadow answer his question from you. I have one for you.

Do you deny that church members are capable of being deceived through revelation or dreams?
I recall the story an institute director related to a class I was in. One morning his mother was drinking tea (I didn't think to ask at the time if it was herbal tea or the real thing). While thus engaged she saw a bunch of lights appear and heard a voice telling her to divorce her husband, move to Provo, and become a dorm mother at BYU. It didn't matter to her, not even years later, that BYU doesn't accept divorcees as dorm mothers. And one day this director's father visited the institute. He was pleasant and seemed like a worthy person but it was apparent that he was still hurting from his ex-wife's actions.
My answer to your question should be obvious by now. No, I don't deny that church members can be deceived through revelations or dreams.

And back to Shadow, I have never had an inspired dream. I have had several brief waking visions where I relive an earlier experience. One example: I was driving on a dirt road and saw a puddle ahead. I accelerated, hoping to make a big splash with the right side tires, but then had a brief experience where I relived encouraging my father do the same thing only to have him warn me against driving into water where I can't see the bottom. I swerved to avoid the puddle, discovering that it was in a deep hole in the road and would have severely damaged the car. I've only had one vision that didn't involve an earlier experience, it came as I was sitting in the chapel waiting for sacrament meeting to begin and immediately after receiving some very hurtful news. The experience I saw in that vision has not happened to me, and may never happen, but it gave me a lot of comfort as well as a lesson on what my priorities should be.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

I had a dream last week, seriously it was very real to me. I dreamed that the "Thank Button" was up and running. But alas when I got onto the website I discovered my dream was false. (True story)

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

I dreamed recently that Shadow actually took on some substance and became more than just a scary illusion in but another spooky dream. Then I woke up and read this thread and realized yet again that it was just an illusion from a tortured mind afraid to admit the reality about his substance-less amigo who knows.... nada. :ymdevil:

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

kirtland r.m. wrote: March 16th, 2017, 8:46 pm Although several major events have not happened as some believed(including myself), I will say this. As I have posted on this forum, a major l.d.s. dreamer, well known to most on this forum, told me about a push from our southern(for those of you in the U.S.) border as part of a coming U.S. invasion. This was less than a year ago. This matches what some others have said as well as other points brought up in this link.http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2017/ ... r-america/
I don't know if it will be an invasion but a stead stream of Mexicans coming through the border. Then all of a sudden they will attack or take over the government. It's right in the Book of Mormon!

14 And the Father hath commanded me that I should give unto you this land, for your inheritance.

15 And I say unto you, that if the Gentiles do not repent after the blessing which they shall receive, after they have scattered my people—

16 Then shall ye, who are a remnant of the house of Jacob, go forth among them; and ye shall be in the midst of them who shall be many; and ye shall be among them as a lion among the beasts of the forest, and as a young lion among the flocks of sheep, who, if he goeth through both treadeth down and teareth in pieces, and none can deliver.

17 Thy hand shall be lifted up upon thine adversaries, and all thine enemies shall be cut off.

18 And I will gather my people together as a man gathereth his sheaves into the floor.

19 For I will make my people with whom the Father hath covenanted, yea, I will make thy horn iron, and I will make thy hoofs brass. And thou shalt beat in pieces many people; and I will consecrate their gain unto the Lord, and their substance unto the Lord of the whole earth. And behold, I am he who doeth it.

20 And it shall come to pass, saith the Father, that the sword of my justice shall hang over them at that day; and except they repent it shall fall upon them, saith the Father, yea, even upon all the nations of the Gentiles.

21 And it shall come to pass that I will establish my people, O house of Israel.

22 And behold, this people will I establish in this land, unto the fulfilling of the covenant which I made with your father Jacob; and it shall be a New Jerusalem. And the powers of heaven shall be in the midst of this people; yea, even I will be in the midst of you.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Mark wrote: March 20th, 2017, 9:58 am I dreamed recently that Shadow actually took on some substance and became more than just a scary illusion in but another spooky dream. Then I woke up and read this thread and realized yet again that it was just an illusion from a tortured mind afraid to admit the reality about his substance-less amigo who knows.... nada. :ymdevil:
Awe, you're dreaming about me. You and Mahonri Moriancumer's brother should start therapy sessions.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

setyourselffree wrote: March 21st, 2017, 12:52 pm
kirtland r.m. wrote: March 16th, 2017, 8:46 pm Although several major events have not happened as some believed(including myself), I will say this. As I have posted on this forum, a major l.d.s. dreamer, well known to most on this forum, told me about a push from our southern(for those of you in the U.S.) border as part of a coming U.S. invasion. This was less than a year ago. This matches what some others have said as well as other points brought up in this link.http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2017/ ... r-america/
I don't know if it will be an invasion but a stead stream of Mexicans coming through the border. Then all of a sudden they will attack or take over the government. It's right in the Book of Mormon!

14 And the Father hath commanded me that I should give unto you this land, for your inheritance.

15 And I say unto you, that if the Gentiles do not repent after the blessing which they shall receive, after they have scattered my people—

16 Then shall ye, who are a remnant of the house of Jacob, go forth among them; and ye shall be in the midst of them who shall be many; and ye shall be among them as a lion among the beasts of the forest, and as a young lion among the flocks of sheep, who, if he goeth through both treadeth down and teareth in pieces, and none can deliver.

17 Thy hand shall be lifted up upon thine adversaries, and all thine enemies shall be cut off.

18 And I will gather my people together as a man gathereth his sheaves into the floor.

19 For I will make my people with whom the Father hath covenanted, yea, I will make thy horn iron, and I will make thy hoofs brass. And thou shalt beat in pieces many people; and I will consecrate their gain unto the Lord, and their substance unto the Lord of the whole earth. And behold, I am he who doeth it.

20 And it shall come to pass, saith the Father, that the sword of my justice shall hang over them at that day; and except they repent it shall fall upon them, saith the Father, yea, even upon all the nations of the Gentiles.

21 And it shall come to pass that I will establish my people, O house of Israel.

22 And behold, this people will I establish in this land, unto the fulfilling of the covenant which I made with your father Jacob; and it shall be a New Jerusalem. And the powers of heaven shall be in the midst of this people; yea, even I will be in the midst of you.
This assumes Mexicans and Central Americans streaming north have an ancestry that goes back to Lehi, Zoram, or Ishmael. I suspect this is accurate, especially since there is genetic evidence of a great amount of intermixing throughout the regions of Mexico.
And as we see more Mexican pride and nationalism within the United States I do strongly believe that Latinos will be the ones mentioned in this prophecy.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

This might be true if Mexicans were defendants of the Lamanites. Too bad Nephite civilization was in North America.

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

GrandMasterB wrote: March 21st, 2017, 9:51 pm

This might be true if Mexicans were defendants of the Lamanites. Too bad Nephite civilization was in North America.
Which then spread to South America...........

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

It is heating up from all sides.

American Spring Breakers Chant “Build That Wall” In Cancun – Mexican Locals Freak!
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/03 ... als-freak/
http://16004-presscdn-0-50.pagely.netdn ... 75x431.jpg

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

GrandMasterB wrote: March 21st, 2017, 9:51 pm This might be true if Mexicans were defendants of the Lamanites. Too bad Nephite civilization was in North America.
I am going to start by referencing 2 Nephi 1:8. What nations would overrun the promised land if knowledge of that land and the Nephites wasn't kept from them? European, African, and Asian nations? It is possible that the Chinese or Japanese could have visited the west coast of North America during or just prior to the time of the Nephites but their ability to send large numbers of people to colonize and explore the land is doubtful. There are theories that the Olmecs had ties to Africa. Theories of Polynesian contact with the Chumash have the earliest contact at about 400 AD, just as the Nephites were wiped out. Claims of Roman and Norse exploration of North America post date the end of the Nephites. Therefore I am convinced that the nations that couldn't learn of the Nephites were nations within North and South America. The Jaredite nation was one of these, but the word nations is plural therefore there were obviously more than the Jaredites.

Therefore, the question we need to ask isn't where the Nephites and Lamanites lived, but how much intermixing happened? Many of us agree that the Nephite lands were in the modern continental United States, but does that mean there was never any intermixing?
DNA studies of Mexicans have shown some intermixing between indigenous groups, such as people from the Yucatan and northern Mexican Gulf Coast, so we know there were things going on that involved groups from separated geographical regions to meet and intermix.
Another way of looking at things is mitochondrial DNA. Mitochondria are organelles within individual cells that convert food sources to adenosine triphosphate that is used by the cell for energy. There are no mitochondria in sperm so mitochondria are only inherited from mothers. And research into mtDNA among Mexicans shows 85% to 90% of the mtDNA has Native American origins.

After the Nephites were destroyed the Lamanites turned on one another in bloody wars and a majority of their population was probably lost. But the remainder probably spread throughout North American and possibly into South America. I see no reason to doubt that many, if not most, Mexicans could have Nephite ancestors. Going back to 3 Nephi 20:16 and 21:12, Native Americans only comprise about 2% of the population but Hispanics comprise about 17% of the US population. If one out of 50 people were to start acting like a young lion among the sheep, law enforcement and armed citizens would be able to put down most of them pretty quickly. But if one out of six people fulfill this prophecy the revolution will be far more damaging.