Where are the l.d.s. dreamers? Building Zion, and patiently waiting on the Lord. Here is an update.

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
RAB
captain of 100

Re: Where are the l.d.s. dreamers? Building Zion, and patiently waiting on the Lord. Here is an update.

Post by RAB »

In sharing the following scriptures, I am not meaning to discount anyone's spiritual experiences. But the Lord has set forth the pattern of when He uses angels to minister unto men in Moroni 7.

29 And because he hath done this, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have angels ceased to minister unto the children of men.

30 For behold, they are subject unto him, to minister according to the word of his command, showing themselves unto them of strong faith and a firm mind in every form of godliness.

31 And the office of their ministry is to call men unto repentance, and to fulfil and to do the work of the covenants of the Father, which he hath made unto the children of men, to prepare the way among the children of men, by declaring the word of Christ unto the chosen vessels of the Lord, that they may bear testimony of him.

32 And by so doing, the Lord God prepareth the way that the residue of men may have faith in Christ, that the Holy Ghost may have place in their hearts, according to the power thereof; and after this manner bringeth to pass the Father, the covenants which he hath made unto the children of men.

So, according to Moroni, the elements of angelic ministry seem to be as follows:

1-The angels show themselves only to those of strong faith and a firm mind in every form of godliness.
2-They declare the word of Christ unto the chosen vessels of the Lord, that they may bear testimony of him.
3-The chosen vessels of the Lord then bear testimony of Christ to the world.

We have the pleasure of listening to those chosen vessels this weekend, and being further guided by the third member of the Godhead, even the Holy Ghost. Happy General Conference weekend!

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Re: Where are the l.d.s. dreamers? Building Zion, and patiently waiting on the Lord. Here is an update.

Post by Silver Pie »

shadow wrote: March 30th, 2017, 8:25 am Temper my criticism of what?
I think they thought you were criticizing AV. It didn't look that way to me, though. It looked like you were commenting about all the people who have been talked about on this forum ad nauseum (Rowe, Menet, etc). All those prophets/prophetesses who have posted things that never happened. I did not see that you included AV amongst those.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Chris wrote: March 18th, 2017, 8:26 pm The sad thing is the liars ruin it for legit ones. I think "Spencer" and David Warwick are legit. I think Julie is a flat out liar and not sure on Hector..... but my gut wants to classify him in the same category as her. She unfortunately has done much more harm to the prepping lds community than she ever did to help it....
I've never heard of him. Who is he; what's his story? Do you have links? I don't really see anything on google about him and visions, etc..

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

DesertWonderer wrote: April 1st, 2017, 10:34 pm
Chris wrote: March 18th, 2017, 8:26 pm The sad thing is the liars ruin it for legit ones. I think "Spencer" and David Warwick are legit. I think Julie is a flat out liar and not sure on Hector..... but my gut wants to classify him in the same category as her. She unfortunately has done much more harm to the prepping lds community than she ever did to help it....
I've never heard of him. Who is he; what's his story? Do you have links? I don't really see anything on google about him and visions, etc..
https://vimeo.com/193657318

Here is one, this is good. But wasn't a good setting he gets much deeper in other audios. this is the only one I could find right now.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

It seems that he spoke in Gileadi's conference a year ago. Among other presenters there were "Spencer" and Bob Norman.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

His fireside talk is on youtube.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Matchmaker wrote: April 2nd, 2017, 3:49 am
I started listening to it and he talked about Lee Iaccoca and President Clinton being in charge during the Rus/ Chi invasion of the US.
Last edited by DesertWonderer on April 3rd, 2017, 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

DesertWonderer wrote: April 3rd, 2017, 8:35 am
Matchmaker wrote: April 2nd, 2017, 3:49 am
I started listening to it and he talked about Lee Iaccoca and President Clinton being in charge during the Rus/ Chi invasion of the US.
I think he has a strong testimony of the gospel, but that does not mean that I conclude that all his dreams and visions were real, as opposed to being symbolic, or applied to anyone other than himself and his family.