How do You think the Universe Was Created?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

How do you think the Universe was created?

Big Bang
24%
Another Way (tells us what it is)
76%

Total votes: 21
Zion2080
captain of 100

How do You think the Universe Was Created?

Post by Zion2080 »

In school, I'm doing an argumentative essay and I got to choose my own controversial issue of today. I am doing the Big Bang. I really think it is a very interesting topic. Science has a lot to prove on the expansion, red-shift, etc. I think science and religion are very close, but Science denies the existence God when the evidence is everywhere.
I believe that 13.776 Billion years ago, God reached Godhood and created the universe. The center of the Big Bang is his throne. How can I put that into terms that people can understand when they read it. I support both Science and Religion. I even like to intertwine the ideals of both. What do you think about this topic. We know that God created it, but how is it structured and how does it work? I would like to hear from you guys! I made another thread about the structure of the universe. I have created a document talking about things that we don't really talk about, such as planes of existence and the animals of Earth that will be assigned their spheres of creation after the world ends.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Re: How do You think the Universe Was Created?

Post by brianj »

In one of his books, it might have been A Brief History of Time, Stephen Hawking described applying the concept of imaginary numbers to a mathematical model of the universe to create what he termed imaginary time. The result was a universe without beginning or end that just exists. I think he was really on to something.

I don't believe Father created the universe or that He and others like Him live outside the universe. And I don't believe that the universe was created. I believe it just exists. It has always existed and it will always exist. Therefore I don't believe in the Big Bang or any other hypothesis that describes a beginning to the universe.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

brianj wrote: March 8th, 2017, 3:01 pmI don't believe Father created the universe or that He and others like Him live outside the universe. And I don't believe that the universe was created. I believe it just exists. It has always existed and it will always exist. Therefore I don't believe in the Big Bang or any other hypothesis that describes a beginning to the universe.
Ditto

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

Throughout the universe there are two things. Matter and intelligence. When a God has a firstborn son, (Christ) the Son then calls out to the intelligences to gather to Him. He tells them a plan. He promises them gain and progress to become as magnificent as Him, or whatever end they may want (some intelligence may be just happy with being a tree forever because it's a step up from being raw intelligence.) He then uses the matter and puts the intelligence into it. By doing this He can ask them to obey laws and principles and orchestrate His grand design, but not without a price. He still has to earn their trust. He makes an Atonement.
The higher intelligences, or those who wish to take on the brutal and unyielding task of trying to become as the Father, are made human, spirit bodies made in His image. Then, when everything is right, they are given physical bodies. Throughout this whole process we never lost our free will. Time is an illusion. God can see all of existence as if it were all right in front of Him. This makes no sense to us because we cannot imagine what that would look like.
When the plan is laid out and those intelligences who wish to participate agree, work begins, and the eternity is begun. The galaxy is formed with the Son being to focal point. His light gives life to all under His domain. The intelligences have freely given their will to Him, under the promise of blessings.
(Also I think the kingdom of God is one Galaxy and each Galaxy has it's own God.) There is a work to create as many "Father" figures as possible, but whether that is for the sake of joy or some other reason I don't know. I do know that following this pattern of creation, a person can have more joy and satisfaction than by doing anything else. As raw intelligence, we didn't feel anything. Now we feel highs and lows, as there cannot be one without the other.

Just my theories BTW, this isn't doctrine. I've done years of study in this though.

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

I think there is more outside the universe.
Hard to comprehend, but like time is only for use in mortal existance, the known universe is for us in this state as well.
I think the universe may scale up or down infinitly.

Our Solar System may just be an elemental atom for other intelligences in another kind of universe.
Maybe the whole Milky Way is just one molecule in a rock on the seashore of another planet in a different universe...

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

JK4Woods wrote: March 8th, 2017, 4:48 pm I think there is more outside the universe.
Hard to comprehend, but like time is only for use in mortal existance, the known universe is for us in this state as well.

Our Solar System may just be an elemental atom for other intelligences in another kind of universe.
Maybe the whole Milky Way is just one molecule in a rock on the seashore of another planet in a different universe...

Wow. I've thought the same thing once, too.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

“I am dwelling on the immortality of the spirit of man. Is it logical to say that the intelligence of spirits is immortal, and yet that it has a beginning? The intelligence of spirits had no beginning, neither will it have an end. That is good logic. That which has a beginning may have an end. There never was a time when there were not spirits."
Chapter 17: The Great Plan of Salvation - Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith, (2011), 206–16
https://www.lds.org/manual/teachings-jo ... 7?lang=eng
I like that logic. If we think the universe was created, then there was a beginning. If there is a beginning, there is an end. Our perception of mortal life is that it is linear, it begins and ends, yet we know our spirit lived before and it will continue after our mortal death. Note that most often in the scriptures, it's the word organized, not created that is used. It is quite possible that what science considers as the Big Bang is actually part of Gods organizational process of spreading matter throughout the known universe for new worlds. We are only beginning to study and understand the concept of quantum entanglement and how it affects our current understanding and perception of time. I believe there was no creation of the universe. I would like to think that my spirit or intelligence has always existed, way before the "Big Bang". It has and always will exist, in one form or another. The fact that there is a mathematical concept of infinity ∞ makes me believe that there is way more to understand about existence and existing.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

Zion2080 wrote: March 8th, 2017, 12:34 pm The center of the Big Bang is his throne. How can I put that into terms that people can understand when they read it.
I would suggest that you would choose some other topic for your term paper since it seems that you do not understand the concept of Big Bang adequately. There is no center of Big Bang. Bing Bang wasn't an explosion that started from one point spewing matter to farther off. There was no farther off. The space itself is expanding. In Big Bang all space was at one point. This makes every point in the universe a center of Big Bang.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

Hivetyrant36 wrote: March 8th, 2017, 4:30 pm Throughout the universe there are two things. Matter and intelligence. When a God has a firstborn son, (Christ) the Son then calls out to the intelligences to gather to Him. He tells them a plan. He promises them gain and progress to become as magnificent as Him, or whatever end they may want (some intelligence may be just happy with being a tree forever because it's a step up from being raw intelligence.) He then uses the matter and puts the intelligence into it. By doing this He can ask them to obey laws and principles and orchestrate His grand design, but not without a price. He still has to earn their trust. He makes an Atonement.
The higher intelligences, or those who wish to take on the brutal and unyielding task of trying to become as the Father, are made human, spirit bodies made in His image. Then, when everything is right, they are given physical bodies. Throughout this whole process we never lost our free will. Time is an illusion. God can see all of existence as if it were all right in front of Him. This makes no sense to us because we cannot imagine what that would look like.
When the plan is laid out and those intelligences who wish to participate agree, work begins, and the eternity is begun. The galaxy is formed with the Son being to focal point. His light gives life to all under His domain. The intelligences have freely given their will to Him, under the promise of blessings.
(Also I think the kingdom of God is one Galaxy and each Galaxy has it's own God.) There is a work to create as many "Father" figures as possible, but whether that is for the sake of joy or some other reason I don't know. I do know that following this pattern of creation, a person can have more joy and satisfaction than by doing anything else. As raw intelligence, we didn't feel anything. Now we feel highs and lows, as there cannot be one without the other.

Just my theories BTW, this isn't doctrine. I've done years of study in this though.

If each galaxy were a God, that would be over 100 billion Gods (God's brothers and sisters?) on another one of my threads, I believed that God controls sextillions of galaxies. But if he controls one, that would seem weird.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Zion2080 wrote: March 8th, 2017, 6:01 pm
JK4Woods wrote: March 8th, 2017, 4:48 pm I think there is more outside the universe.

Yeah kind of like a scene out of the movie Men in Black. I love how we could start a whole new religion based on the fiction of Men in Black.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

GrandMasterB wrote: March 9th, 2017, 12:18 pm
Zion2080 wrote: March 8th, 2017, 6:01 pm

Yeah kind of like a scene out of the movie Men in Black. I love how we could start a whole new religion based on the fiction of Men in Black.

Why would we want to do that anyways?

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

inho wrote: March 9th, 2017, 1:13 am
Zion2080 wrote: March 8th, 2017, 12:34 pm The center of the Big Bang is his throne. How can I put that into terms that people can understand when they read it.
I would suggest that you would choose some other topic for your term paper since it seems that you do not understand the concept of Big Bang adequately. There is no center of Big Bang. Bing Bang wasn't an explosion that started from one point spewing matter to farther off. There was no farther off. The space itself is expanding. In Big Bang all space was at one point. This makes every point in the universe a center of Big Bang.
Here's a good Wikipedia article on Inflation Theory/Cosmology that may be pertinent, located here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation_(cosmology)

Extract:
Inflation (cosmology)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In physical cosmology, cosmic inflation, cosmological inflation, or just inflation is a theory of exponential expansion of space in the early universe. The inflationary epoch lasted from 10−36 seconds after the conjectured Big Bang singularity to sometime between 10−33 and 10−32 seconds after the singularity. Following the inflationary period, the Universe continues to expand, but at a less rapid rate.[1]

Inflation theory was developed in the early 1980s. It explains the origin of the large-scale structure of the cosmos. Quantum fluctuations in the microscopic inflationary region, magnified to cosmic size, become the seeds for the growth of structure in the Universe (see galaxy formation and evolution and structure formation).[2] Many physicists also believe that inflation explains why the Universe appears to be the same in all directions (isotropic), why the cosmic microwave background radiation is distributed evenly, why the Universe is flat, and why no magnetic monopoles have been observed.

The detailed particle physics mechanism responsible for inflation is not known. The basic inflationary paradigm is accepted by most scientists, who believe a number of predictions have been confirmed by observation;[3] however, a substantial minority of scientists dissent from this position.[4][5][6] The hypothetical field thought to be responsible for inflation is called the inflaton.[7]

In 2002, three of the original architects of the theory were recognized for their major contributions; physicists Alan Guth of M.I.T., Andrei Linde of Stanford, and Paul Steinhardt of Princeton shared the prestigious Dirac Prize "for development of the concept of inflation in cosmology".[8] In 2012, Alan Guth and Andrei Linde were awarded the Breakthrough Prize in Fundamental Physics for their invention and development of inflationary cosmology.[9]

Overview
Main article: Metric expansion of space

An expanding universe generally has a cosmological horizon, which, by analogy with the more familiar horizon caused by the curvature of the Earth's surface, marks the boundary of the part of the Universe that an observer can see. Light (or other radiation) emitted by objects beyond the cosmological horizon never reaches the observer, because the space in between the observer and the object is expanding too rapidly.
History of the Universe - gravitational waves are hypothesized to arise from cosmic inflation, a faster-than-light expansion just after the Big Bang (17 March 2014).[10][11][12]

The observable universe is one causal patch of a much larger unobservable universe; other parts of the Universe cannot communicate with Earth yet. These parts of the Universe are outside our current cosmological horizon. In the standard hot big bang model, without inflation, the cosmological horizon moves out, bringing new regions into view[citation needed]. Yet as a local observer sees such a region for the first time, it looks no different from any other region of space the local observer has already seen: its background radiation is at nearly the same temperature as the background radiation of other regions, and its space-time curvature is evolving lock-step with the others. This presents a mystery: how did these new regions know what temperature and curvature they were supposed to have? They couldn't have learned it by getting signals, because they were not previously in communication with our past light cone.[13][14]

Inflation answers this question by postulating that all the regions come from an earlier era with a big vacuum energy, or cosmological constant. A space with a cosmological constant is qualitatively different: instead of moving outward, the cosmological horizon stays put. For any one observer, the distance to the cosmological horizon is constant. With exponentially expanding space, two nearby observers are separated very quickly; so much so, that the distance between them quickly exceeds the limits of communications. The spatial slices are expanding very fast to cover huge volumes. Things are constantly moving beyond the cosmological horizon, which is a fixed distance away, and everything becomes homogeneous.

As the inflationary field slowly relaxes to the vacuum, the cosmological constant goes to zero and space begins to expand normally. The new regions that come into view during the normal expansion phase are exactly the same regions that were pushed out of the horizon during inflation, and so they are at nearly the same temperature and curvature, because they come from the same originally small patch of space.

The theory of inflation thus explains why the temperatures and curvatures of different regions are so nearly equal. It also predicts that the total curvature of a space-slice at constant global time is zero. This prediction implies that the total ordinary matter, dark matter and residual vacuum energy in the Universe have to add up to the critical density, and the evidence supports this. More strikingly, inflation allows physicists to calculate the minute differences in temperature of different regions from quantum fluctuations during the inflationary era, and many of these quantitative predictions have been confirmed.[15][16] . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Sunain wrote: March 8th, 2017, 11:39 pm
“I am dwelling on the immortality of the spirit of man. Is it logical to say that the intelligence of spirits is immortal, and yet that it has a beginning? The intelligence of spirits had no beginning, neither will it have an end. That is good logic. That which has a beginning may have an end. There never was a time when there were not spirits."
Chapter 17: The Great Plan of Salvation - Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith, (2011), 206–16
I like that logic. If we think the universe was created, then there was a beginning. If there is a beginning, there is an end. Our perception of mortal life is that it is linear, it begins and ends, yet we know our spirit lived before and it will continue after our mortal death. Note that most often in the scriptures, it's the word organized, not created that is used. It is quite possible that what science considers as the Big Bang is actually part of Gods organizational process of spreading matter throughout the known universe for new worlds. We are only beginning to study and understand the concept of quantum entanglement and how it affects our current understanding and perception of time. I believe there was no creation of the universe. I would like to think that my spirit or intelligence has always existed, way before the "Big Bang". It has and always will exist, in one form or another. The fact that there is a mathematical concept of infinity ∞ makes me believe that there is way more to understand about existence and existing.
I don't think that something having a beginning means that it will have an end. Though I believe the universe was not created and is eternal, if it was created in a Big Bang that fact doesn't prove that it will have an ending.

Consider marriage. If you are married, sealed by priesthood authority, that sealing is confirmed by the Holy Spirit, and you both make it to the Celestial Kingdom then your marriage will have a beginning but no end.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Perhaps once exalted, you get your own place (outside this universe) wherein you can create your own. Maybe you're handed a little universe seed which you can plant and begin the process of a Big Bang of your own? Who knows...makes for some good science fiction!

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

LDS Physician wrote: March 10th, 2017, 6:49 pm Perhaps once exalted, you get your own place (outside this universe) wherein you can create your own. Maybe you're handed a little universe seed which you can plant and begin the process of a Big Bang of your own? Who knows...makes for some good science fiction!

(Like) Awesome! Secular people wouldn't understand.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

brianj wrote: March 9th, 2017, 3:19 pm
Sunain wrote: March 8th, 2017, 11:39 pm
I don't think that something having a beginning means that it will have an end. Though I believe the universe was not created and is eternal, if it was created in a Big Bang that fact doesn't prove that it will have an ending.

Consider marriage. If you are married, sealed by priesthood authority, that sealing is confirmed by the Holy Spirit, and you both make it to the Celestial Kingdom then your marriage will have a beginning but no end.

Well, your marriage was foretold [or foreordained] in the Pre-mortal existence, so your marriage is eternal either way.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Zion2080 wrote: March 10th, 2017, 7:02 pm
brianj wrote: March 9th, 2017, 3:19 pm I don't think that something having a beginning means that it will have an end. Though I believe the universe was not created and is eternal, if it was created in a Big Bang that fact doesn't prove that it will have an ending.

Well, your marriage was foretold [or foreordained] in the Pre-mortal existence, so your marriage is eternal either way.
Was it? In how much detail? When I was getting ready to come to Earth was I introduced to specific women and promised that I would marry her but years later she would come to hate me and force a very painful divorce, then introduced to another specific woman who would become my second wife? Or was I just promised that one day I would be sealed for time and eternity?

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

Zion2080 wrote: March 9th, 2017, 10:36 am

If each galaxy were a God, that would be over 100 billion Gods (God's brothers and sisters?) on another one of my threads, I believed that God controls sextillions of galaxies. But if he controls one, that would seem weird.
By no means to I pretend to know for sure. After all it's not essential to salvation. That is something you will have to think about and ask Him for clarification on. The number of Father God's in the Galaxy is irrelevent honestly. The only one that matters is ours. We don't particularly reveer the neighbor's dad growing up, we focus on our own.

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

brianj wrote: March 11th, 2017, 8:31 pm
Was it? In how much detail? When I was getting ready to come to Earth was I introduced to specific women and promised that I would marry her but years later she would come to hate me and force a very painful divorce, then introduced to another specific woman who would become my second wife? Or was I just promised that one day I would be sealed for time and eternity?
Yeah I don't think things like that were this structured. God values personal choice. There is only so much planning He can do knowing we will sin and do contrary to what He tells us.

KurtTheMormon
captain of 100

Post by KurtTheMormon »

Science is what God used to elegantly create the entire universe and everything in it.

mmm..cheese
captain of 100

Post by mmm..cheese »

I believe the universe always existed and that there is only one universe.

I believe that God has created every single galaxy we have ever observed and far more galaxies than the ones that have been observed.

I believe the Heavenly Family who also do part of the creation have created far more galaxies than the ones that have been observed.

I believe we have not been revealed exactly how creation occurs and perhaps there is collective help in creating the universe somehow because the Heavenly Family is one.

I believe science vastly underestimates the size of the universe. It is way bigger than man has ever imagined, so it was in the past before the Hubble telescope, so shall it be in the end. Wrong again. :P

The Big Bang is a theory that holds up, but there are other models. Do not be surprised when in our lifetime the Big Bang model loses credibility among physicists and the eternal universe model becomes more popular.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Unlike others here, I believe the Universe to be created (or at least organized) by God. However, the materials that were used to create the universe (Intelligence is matter in its basic form) has always existed in one form or another.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

Durzan wrote: March 25th, 2017, 9:01 am Unlike others here, I believe the Universe to be created (or at least organized) by God. However, the materials that were used to create the universe (Intelligence is matter in its basic form) has always existed in one form or another.

Same. Matter has and will always exist; while most things in the universe are temporal.

mmm..cheese
captain of 100

Post by mmm..cheese »

Hivetyrant36 wrote: March 8th, 2017, 4:30 pm Throughout the universe there are two things. Matter and intelligence. When a God has a firstborn son, (Christ) the Son then calls out to the intelligences to gather to Him. He tells them a plan. He promises them gain and progress to become as magnificent as Him, or whatever end they may want (some intelligence may be just happy with being a tree forever because it's a step up from being raw intelligence.) He then uses the matter and puts the intelligence into it. By doing this He can ask them to obey laws and principles and orchestrate His grand design, but not without a price. He still has to earn their trust. He makes an Atonement.

The part about the trees declaring their happiness optimal happiness as intelligences before they were trees.. it sounds like the ideas spoken of by this one guy who is an energy healer.

Are you a shaman by any chance?

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

@mmmcheese haha no not a shaman, just a normal dood. Actually, I recently learned of the existence of Birkeland Currents. Would be a pretty similar way to how I see christ organizing everything from the midst of all things.