Hyrum Andrus lectures

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
onefour1
captain of 1,000

Hyrum Andrus lectures

Post by onefour1 »

In my younger days in college a fiend of mine and his wife were moving and decided to get rid of some old books they had. So, they brought them over to my place and asked me if I wanted any of them. I took a look at them and kept a couple of books. One of the books that he gave away was called, "God, Man, and the Universe" by Hyrum L Andrus. I picked it up one day and started reading it and couldn't put it down. After reading the book I sought out his other two volumes that make up a three volume set known as the "Foundations of the Millennial Kingdom of Christ". Along with "God, Man, and the Universe" the other two books were "Principles of Salvation" and "Doctrines of the Kingdom". Hyrum Andrus quickly became my favorite gospel writer. Recently I stumbled onto a youtube channel that has many of Dr. Andrus' lectures. The channel is called, "Light and Truth". Check it out. If you are a fan of Hyrum Andrus, you won't be disappointed!

Light and Truth

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Re: Hyrum Andrus lectures

Post by kittycat51 »

You can get many of his books via Deseret Book quite cheap. (eBook form)

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

Have his Doctrinal Commentary on the Pearl of Great Price, found his article on the lost 10 tribes interesting like his works that I have read. It's interesting the different opinions on topics, I always like to compare opinions on the 10 tribes.

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

I believe it was in God, Man, and the Universe that he had a very interesting quote from a minister who was a contemporary of the early church members. He was quoted as saying that for some years after the Prophet Joseph was allowed to remove the Book of Mormon Plates from the Hill Cumorah, that you could see the spot in the hillside where they had been taken from.

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

kirtland r.m. wrote:I believe it was in God, Man, and the Universe that he had a very interesting quote from a minister who was a contemporary of the early church members. He was quoted as saying that for some years after the Prophet Joseph was allowed to remove the Book of Mormon Plates from the Hill Cumorah, that you could see the spot in the hillside where they had been taken from.
Thanks for posting, these talks are awesome.