Civil War- Imminent or will cooler heads prevail?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Book of Ruth
captain of 100

Civil War- Imminent or will cooler heads prevail?

Post by Book of Ruth »

Can we discuss the current situation in the USA in regards to the protests, illegal immigration, who the President is--Trump, and who it is not --Obama and Hillary.

I keep thinking things will blow over as soon as the dramatic changes and put out, people have time to adapt, and bigger priorites-like working, taking care of family- come once again into focus.

But....I have family that is so against Pres. Trump that I really think they would support a civil war IF Hillary as president was the outcome.

Will these issues work themselves out peacefully? If anything happens to Pres. Trump, I think his supporters would give the leftist protesters a lesson on expressing their grievances.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Re: Civil War- Imminent or will cooler heads prevail?

Post by Zion2080 »

Book of Ruth wrote:Can we discuss the current situation in the USA in regards to the protests, illegal immigration, who the President is--Trump, and who it is not --Obama and Hillary.

I keep thinking things will blow over as soon as the dramatic changes and put out, people have time to adapt, and bigger priorites-like working, taking care of family- come once again into focus.

But....I have family that is so against Pres. Trump that I really think they would support a civil war IF Hillary as president was the outcome.

Will these issues work themselves out peacefully? If anything happens to Pres. Trump, I think his supporters would give the leftist protesters a lesson on expressing their grievances.

I think that Trump's Presidency will be the same as Obama's. Except more people hate him.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

In "Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith", Section One: "And now I am prepared to say by the authority of Jesus Christ, that not many years shall pass away before the United States shall present such a scene of bloodshed as has not a parallel in the history of our nation; pestilence, hail, famine, and earthquake will sweep the wicked of this generation from off the face of the land, to open and prepare the way for the return of the lost tribes of Istael from the north country...."

The words "such a scene of bloodshed" indicate to me conflict that could include civil strife, as well as warfare against invaders from other countries. But as the case with such prophecies, there is no time frame given that I can detect.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

To Book of Ruth's question 'Will these issues work themselves out peacefully?", I think not. For many years -decades- latter-day prophets and apostles spoke and wrote of pretty specific things that LDS people could and should have done that, IMO, would have prevented or at least minimized the calamities that we have invited upon ourselves by not doing those pretty specific things, and thereby suffering those "murderous combinations" to get above us and gain control over our government and our lives.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

lundbaek wrote:To Book of Ruth's question 'Will these issues work themselves out peacefully?", I think not. For many years -decades- latter-day prophets and apostles spoke and wrote of pretty specific things that LDS people could and should have done that, IMO, would have prevented or at least minimized the calamities that we have invited upon ourselves by not doing those pretty specific things, and thereby suffering those "murderous combinations" to get above us and gain control over our government and our lives.
Obviously, the name Donald Trump and the words "cooler heads" don't even belong in the same sentence. He who earned votes by criticizing his opponents in both the primaries and in the general election for their connections to Goldman Sachs had been swimming along with them for years in his business dealings. Can you say, "tit for tat?" He knew though the key words to get Bubba and Bubbette to vote for him instead of The Pantsuit who was really a horrible candidate. Worked like a charm and his supporters are still in that big ol' river in Africa.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

mid 2024 iaw Hancock Prophecy ...

Rumpelstiltskin
captain of 1,000

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Book of Ruth wrote:Can we discuss the current situation in the USA in regards to the protests, illegal immigration, who the President is--Trump, and who it is not --Obama and Hillary.

Nothing Pres. Trump can do will change the plans of the Gadiantons. In fact, it may speed up their agenda. That said, something that everyone discounts or doesn't even consider is God's plans. I think he has his own pans for upsetting the apple cart.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

The country is divided and I'm certain that secret combinations (George Soros is heading on up for sure) are working to undermine our nation so they can overthrow it, I don't expect it to break out in a full blown civil war.... Unless:

There was a complete disruption of communications--such as an EMP or a limited EMP--not caused by an outside aggressor, but unexplained, from inside--something the evil forces could blame on our own Govt. (which they like to do to divide us so we turn on our own) on malice or incompetence. If someone were able to take out the internet and it was out for months, that could do it. As long as there is the internet, too many people are asleep to what's happening and they don't care they are not interested in it, they don't have strong enough feelings to get involved. They entertain themselves and they live in their protective little world. But, if their everyday world is disrupted--if there is a disruption in commerce, getting their paychecks, access to banks, and of course, nothing to divert their attention away, then we would see wide scale unrest and could see war, in urban areas that only need a push to end up in full scale rioting and murder.

If the 'bread and circuses' can no longer be provided, that's the time when we could see civil war. But it's not a guarantee, it also depends on what's happening in the world. If Americans have a cause they can rally to, then that could keep them from turning on each other.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

My main concern for now is with LDS people. We have for decades now been asked, told, and commanded by our prophets and apostles to try to become aware of what has happened in the past and what is going on now that contributes to our "awful situation" today, to awake to our "awful situation", to learn, understand and uphold the form of government that the Lord told us in a revelation that He gave us, and do all we can to preserve our liberties/freedoms. It seems to me we have failed to do this, and I think we are beyond "the point of no return". The only question I have is what can we LDS people do to minimize the calamities that we have invited upon ourselves ?

What do you think ? As far as i can see, most LDS people are still not doing the things that we were told to do to prevent our current "awful situation". And we are no longer being asked to other than the occasional comment to a limited group. Most LDS people I try to talk to about these things seem to think that since the Prophet is not speaking about them to the entire church, they need not be concerned about them.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

lundbaek wrote:My main concern for now is with LDS people. We have for decades now been asked, told, and commanded by our prophets and apostles to try to become aware of what has happened in the past and what is going on now that contributes to our "awful situation" today, to awake to our "awful situation", to learn, understand and uphold the form of government that the Lord told us in a revelation that He gave us, and do all we can to preserve our liberties/freedoms. It seems to me we have failed to do this, and I think we are beyond "the point of no return". The only question I have is what can we LDS people do to minimize the calamities that we have invited upon ourselves ?

What do you think ? As far as i can see, most LDS people are still not doing the things that we were told to do to prevent our current "awful situation". And we are no longer being asked to other than the occasional comment to a limited group. Most LDS people I try to talk to about these things seem to think that since the Prophet is not speaking about them to the entire church, they need not be concerned about them.
I agree. My father considers himself very informed about current situations, and he has always been uber-active in the church, including two senior missions with my mother, serving as bishop, serving in stake presidencies, etc. When he became aware that I was following events as they were being reported on various (mostly, but not limited to, right-wing) radio, TV, and websites, he told me that I was on the slippery slope to apostasy because my actions showed that I doubted our General Authorities' ability to inform us about the way this country is headed. He cited their optimistic building projects, and support of refugees as examples that things are not as bad as I perceive them to be, and also mentioned that the whole prepping movement is "against" what the Church tells us to do. He also said something about how the "Church" counsels us to stay in the mainstream, not fanatically left-wing or right-wing. I am not sure that I have ever heard our leaders telling us that, but the thought of lukewarm / spewing did enter my mind. ;)

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

Lizzy60 wrote:
lundbaek wrote:My main concern for now is with LDS people. We have for decades now been asked, told, and commanded by our prophets and apostles to try to become aware of what has happened in the past and what is going on now that contributes to our "awful situation" today, to awake to our "awful situation", to learn, understand and uphold the form of government that the Lord told us in a revelation that He gave us, and do all we can to preserve our liberties/freedoms. It seems to me we have failed to do this, and I think we are beyond "the point of no return". The only question I have is what can we LDS people do to minimize the calamities that we have invited upon ourselves ?

I agree. My father considers himself very informed about current situations, and he has always been uber-active in the church, including two senior missions with my mother, serving as bishop, serving in stake presidencies, etc. When he became aware that I was following events as they were being reported on various (mostly, but not limited to, right-wing) radio, TV, and websites, he told me that I was on the slippery slope to apostasy because my actions showed that I doubted our General Authorities' ability to inform us about the way this country is headed. He cited their optimistic building projects, and support of refugees as examples that things are not as bad as I perceive them to be, and also mentioned that the whole prepping movement is "against" what the Church tells us to do. He also said something about how the "Church" counsels us to stay in the mainstream, not fanatically left-wing or right-wing. I am not sure that I have ever heard our leaders telling us that, but the thought of lukewarm / spewing did enter my mind. ;)
We are absolutely I believe "beyond the point of no return" The world and there values have crept in amongst us, the things I would have been shocked at 10 yrs ago are common place now . To be aware of our "awful situation" at this point does not mean we can change it, I've been rereading Enoch the Prophet, the earth and the people before the flood, the peculiar brand of wickedness that made the flood mandatory. Some quotes from pgs. 71 Enoch tells them ye have trusted in riches, "Ye have gone astray that your riches shall not remain...because you have done evil in everything, with all manner of perversions, including " men dressing like women and women like men". The peculiar evil of the times consisted not so much in the catalog of human viciousness, long as it was, as in the devilish and systematic efficiency with which corruption was being riveted permanently on the social order. (1) I have always felt we become "ripe in In iniquity," when the children of a society have no chance at being raised in innocence. (2) When the signs from the Lord are used by the devil (rainbow to Noah, now represents the LGT) to copy, mock the Lord . When we are counseled to stay in the mainstream , I say yes, I see too many of our people jumping ship, I say stay in the boat, no one will survive on borrowed light, prepare oneself spiritually, temporally to add your light and watch this boat become the Lords Ark.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

They are telling the entire church. They have been telling us to go to the Temple once a month for years. How many people are doing that? How many people have food storage? How many people are out of debt excluding the house? The percentage is very low. They are telling us to do these things that we might weather the storms that are coming. They are warning us. We as a people just aren't listening.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Lizzy60 wrote:

Our father's seem to be cut from the same cloth! A few years ago my father got on my brother and I for "reading too much news" or even believing in what today would label as "fake news", because it might drag us down or pull us away. It was almost as if we should not be aware of what's going on around us. It confused me. A short time later the Ensign posted this article. I felt vindicated, it answered my concerns. It is from February 2014 Ensign called "Get informed, Get involved." https://www.lds.org/ensign/2014/02/get- ... d?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What it does come down to is to be informed, gather our information wisely, stay close to the HG so he can guide as to truth and error, and to try and warn our brother when needs be.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Lizzy60 wrote:

The problem I think your father is pointing out is that we are to be quietly obeying the Lord. We are not to be out there proclaiming there is going to be an earthquake tomorrow and you better go out and buy some water now. The Church will, quietly as it can, prepare for the worst but live and do as if the best times are ahead. There will be no warning for when things go down hill, because we have already been warned and forewarned by the Lord. The warnings are all over the Book of Mormon. If we read it every day, as we are counseled, then we are warned every single day. The Lord said when the tribulation hits it will be without warning and only those who have prepared themselves through obedience will abide the day. So quietly be ready but don't go into your bomb shelter and do nothing. There is too much work to do. The temples need to be filled by obedient and worthy saints who are not hiding in their basements waiting for calamity to strike.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Truth be known, I sometimes wonder if I am overly concerned about the failure of LDS people to respond positively to the admonitions to "learn the principles of the Constitution in the tradition of the Founding Fathers", to "awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you", to "suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you", to "learn of....things which have been, things which are, things which must shortly come to pass,; things which are at home, things which are abroad; the wars and the perplexities of the nations...." , statements from President Benson, President Packer, and President Uchtdorf respectively.

i can understand that the Church authorities do not preach these things as they did in former years because of the criticism and retribution that they could evoke from certain powerful elements in our society today. But I still note the occasional hint that these things are still important, as I have stated in previous posts. And I consider that 2014 Ensign article get informed, GET INFORMED, GET INVOLVED to be one of those hints.

Rumpelstiltskin
captain of 1,000

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

In my not very humble opinion, the vast majority of LDS are brain dead in some Gospel subjects, the end times and the Gadiantons being near the top of the list. All too many LDS are part of the Gadiantons and don't know it. Elder H. Verlan Andersen was a professor of law at BYU. Every year he gave his incoming students a survey to determine just how much of the communist manifesto each one believed in. Almost all of them accepted part of the manifesto. Elder Andersen went on to say, "Satan’s plan seems to be working to perfection among the Latter-day Saints today. I discover that almost without exception, the students here at the B.Y.U. believe in the 10 points of the Communist Manifesto either in whole or in part."

Spider
captain of 100

Post by Spider »

We had a General Authority speak at our stake conference recently. He said we need to be prepared to face the storms that are coming.

LatterDayLizard
captain of 100

Post by LatterDayLizard »

Mormon was withheld by the Lord from telling us everything that he knew about our day, as recorded in the plates of Nephi. He warned that when we receive this record (the Book of Mormon) it would serve to try our faith in that if we believe the record, greater things would be made known to us.
But if we don't believe it, those greater things would be withheld. (see 3 Nep 26:9-10)

Moroni seemed to pine a bit that he couldn't tell us more, saying, "were it possible, I would make all things known unto you" then afterward admonishing us all to search the prophecies of Isaiah.
He also counselled against condemning the Book of Mormon because of its imperfections, promising that those who receive it "the same shall know of greater things than these." (Mormon 8:12)

Nephi also had more he could have said concerning our day, but he likewise withheld it.

"And behold, I, Nephi, am FORBIDDEN that I should write the remainder of the things which I saw and heard..."
(1 Nep:28)

Later, when his brothers expressed their frustration regarding the interpretation of their father's dream, complaining that "the Lord maketh no such thing known unto us" (like when we hear complaints today that the prophet doesn't know/won't speak directly enough about what is coming our way) Nephi's response was a stern rebuke:

"How is it that ye do not keep the commandments of the Lord? How is it that ye will perish, because of the hardness of your hearts?
Do ye not remember the things which the Lord hath said? - If ye will not harden your hearts, and ask me in faith, believing that ye shall receive, with diligence in keeping my commandments, SURELY these things shall be made known unto you."
- 1 Nep 15:11

I wonder if Nephi would deliver that same rebuke to us when we get frustrated about not being given more direct "thus saith the Lord" counsel from our prophet, especially since we all know about that requirement to study and exercise our faith if we want to receive greater understanding and knowledge.

I wonder what the prophet today has seen but is not telling us, perhaps because he also has been held back by the Lord from revealing too much. I assume this is so since the Lord said to Moroni when he wanted to tell us more about our day "I will try the faith of my people." (3 Nep 26:11)(see also Alma 26:22)

We are given SO much already in the way of guidance and knowledge about what to expect and what to do, both from the scriptures and from modern day prophets. We need to use what we already have, listening through the Spirit to the prophets' stories of molting chickens and Great Aunt Roses, then ask in faith, like Nephi, and humbly receive in faith, like Sam.

Open your ears that ye may hear, your hearts that ye may understand, and your minds that the mysteries of God might be unfolded to you.

LatterDayLizard
captain of 100

Getting back to the OP, I think that things will continue to escalate. As I see it, we are becoming rapidly dulled to cruelty and vulgarity, more openly disdainful and belligerant towards others who don't hold our political and social views, and many don't seem to grasp how dangerously close to civil war we are approaching.

I feel as though I've been transported back in time to the 1860's listening to people talk about opposing groups as "enemies" and wishing them harm. I can almost see them standing around the fireplace, cursing the North and bragging about how they will take them down so fast they won't know what hit them. I see fanatical activists, rightly speaking out against the evils of slavery, but their hearts are dark and in their faces there is anger and revenge written plain.

I take great comfort in the counsel to "stand in holy places" and for the blessing of having a prophet among us. The saints struggled and suffered hardships in their own pre civil war era, but were led out of it and strengthened by it. Their suffering could not compare with the devastation that would soon come to the nation that turned its collective backs on the saints.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

LatterDayLizard wrote:Getting back to the OP, I think that things will continue to escalate. As I see it, we are becoming rapidly dulled to cruelty and vulgarity, more openly disdainful and belligerant towards others who don't hold our political and social views, and many don't seem to grasp how dangerously close to civil war we are approaching.

I feel as though I've been transported back in time to the 1860's listening to people talk about opposing groups as "enemies" and wishing them harm. I can almost see them standing around the fireplace, cursing the North and bragging about how they will take them down so fast they won't know what hit them. I see fanatical activists, rightly speaking out against the evils of slavery, but their hearts are dark and in their faces there is anger and revenge written plain.

I take great comfort in the counsel to "stand in holy places" and for the blessing of having a prophet among us. The saints struggled and suffered hardships in their own pre civil war era, but were led out of it and strengthened by it. Their suffering could not compare with the devastation that would soon come to the nation that turned its collective backs on the saints.
LatterDayLizard, thank you. Two very powerful posts in a row. Please post more often.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

I believe the clamor will continue, confusion will increase but for the most part violence will be stayed for a little while. Thankfully the people don't have the stomach for violence yet.

Make no mistakes, the devil will stir up the hearts of the people to ruin themselves, but his real target is the saints. So what will you do when your family, or neighbors call to arms? What would you do if you saw violence against others? It seems like a terrible dream when I think about what I just wrote and think it is suddenly a real and frightening possibility.

Please be an agent for peace and civility right now, today.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

kittycat51 wrote: Our father's seem to be cut from the same cloth! A few years ago my father got on my brother and I for "reading too much news" or even believing in what today would label as "fake news", because it might drag us down or pull us away. It was almost as if we should not be aware of what's going on around us. It confused me. A short time later the Ensign posted this article. I felt vindicated, it answered my concerns. It is from February 2014 Ensign called "Get informed, Get involved." https://www.lds.org/ensign/2014/02/get- ... d?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What it does come down to is to be informed, gather our information wisely, stay close to the HG so he can guide as to truth and error, and to try and warn our brother when needs be.

I'm not old enough or wise enough to understand the issues surrounding Benson's time as Church president, but it seems to me the entire culture of the church adopted the thinking of avoiding all political talk, all talk of conspiracies, all talk of gadiations. This deep sentiment was revealed in every class across the church. If anyone mentioned food storage, someone would quickly point out food storage was only in case you lost your job. Gadiations were reduced to gang members in Los Angeles, and even in my childhood I heard whispers that it was the Lord who shut Bensons mouth because he wouldn't stop talking about politics.

So some of you point to subtle suggestions from the brethren, but I bet you an MRE if you tried to say that in Sunday School this Sunday someone would quickly remind you not to look beyond the mark. And next week your row would be kind of empty.

Nobody talks about building Zion, unless it is metaphorical talk about making our homes nice. There is no talk of the calamities of the last days.

I read the stories of the early Pioneer/saints, they had such faith and determiniation. Nothing could have stopped them...except waiting....waiting has taken its toll on us.

LatterDayLizard
captain of 100

Silver wrote: LatterDayLizard, thank you. Two very powerful posts in a row. Please post more often.
Thanks! :ymblushing:

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

If heard I could see this case causing a stir if the plaintiffs get a ruling in their favor. I would want to see the evidence of the Russian interfering because I think the intelligence agencies can not be trusted. If SCOTUS decides to hear this case I would like to hear what was argued and what questions were asked by the justices...
Supreme Court To Make Landmark Ruling On ‘Voiding The Election’

A lawsuit filed to rule the election result null and void and declare President Trump an illegitimate president has made it all the way to the Supreme Court.

The ‘Void The Election’ case, as it is known in legal circles, was filed by three Massachusetts women, Diane Blumstein, Nancy Goodman, and Donna Soodalter-Toman, and has been heard by a Supreme Court Justice. It is now on the docket and awaiting response by the defendants.

While the suit is being presented as a miraculous, grassroots push by the three women against all odds, it actually represents the latest attempt by the elite to overturn the result of the election and suggests the Democratic party and Hillary Clinton have still not accepted the loss.

“We decided to file suit to nullify the election and we consulted with constitutional lawyers, cyber security folks, the CIA,” the group stated in a letter. “They told us that yes the Russians hacked the elections but we would not be able to formulate a plan and get and a writ to court. We did. We were told the federal district court would not hear it. They did.“

“They not only heart it, they…expedited our path. We were told we could not get it to the Supreme Court. We did. We were told we could not get it heard by a Justice. We did. Twice.”

“Against all odds and the predictions of many, our case #16-907, awaits the Supreme Court’s hearing.“

The plaintiffs believe the election must be held all over again, in the interests of fairness.

Describing the court case as a “legal and peaceful way to solve our problem“, the letter also states “we need to connect with big name celebrities ASAP.”

However opponents of the suit claim that it is an attempt to “create a civil war.“

“Do you want civil war?” a Twitter user asked. “This is how you create a civil war.”

The Supreme Court case is the latest attempt by the elite to overturn the result of a free and fair election. They waged a six-week campaign behind the scenes attempting to convince Republican electors not to vote for Donald Trump and confirm him as President. That failed – embarrassingly – after Hillary Clinton actually lost more electors than Donald Trump, and the most by any presidential candidate in over a century.

Then outgoing President Obama and DHS Chief Jeh Johnson tried to seize control of the election system in America by illegally federalizing it, attempting to give themselves the legal right to overturn the result. That also failed.

Massive, Soros funded protests heaved across the nation, attempting to portray Trump as an illegitimate president. And mainstream media has worked overtime attempting to smear the President in any way possible, even with fake news – most notably the unverified dossier published by BuzzFeed and instantly jumped on by CNN in a desperate attempt to destabilize the new administration.

Now we have the Supreme Court case, the last dangerous roll of the dice for the elite who have refused to change their platform and would love to hold new elections and resurrect their mascot Clinton.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I think the plaintiffs could very possibly get a ruling in their favor, considering the depth to which the latter-day gadiantons have penetrated the CIA and other elements of the U.S. FedGov.