The Priesthood shall Seal Up the Wicked unto the Day of Wrath

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
LdsMarco
captain of 100

The Priesthood shall Seal Up the Wicked unto the Day of Wrath

Post by LdsMarco »

In the parable of the wheat and tares, those harvesting are to "Gather... together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them". What is the power that binds them? It is the power of the Lord and his servants. It is the power of the priesthood. The same power which can seal us up unto eternal life can seal up the wicked unto the day of wrath.

And verily I say unto you, that they who go forth, bearing these tidings unto the inhabitants of the earth, to them is power given to seal both on earth and in heaven, the unbelieving and rebellious; Yea, verily, to seal them up unto the day when the wrath of God shall be poured out upon the wicked without measure— (D&C 1:8-9)

Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn. (Matthew 13:30)

And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city. (Mark 6:11)

And in whatsoever house ye enter, and they receive you, leave your blessing upon that house. And in whatsoever house ye enter, and they receive you not, ye shall depart speedily from that house, and shake off the dust of your feet as a testimony against them. And you shall be filled with joy and gladness; and know this, that in the day of judgment you shall be judges of that house, and condemn them; And it shall be more tolerable for the heathen in the day of judgment, than for that house; therefore, gird up your loins and be faithful, and ye shall overcome all things, and be lifted up at the last day. Even so. Amen. (D&C 75:19-22)