What do you Think the Terrestrial & Celestial World look Like?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Zion2080
captain of 100

What do you Think the Terrestrial & Celestial World look Like?

Post by Zion2080 »

I think the subjects of the degrees of glory is very compelling and interesting. I like to think of the Celestial Kingdom as planets all around each-other at close distances. You can see each and every-one. The Terrestrial as a paradise where you can also see other planets. this world, Telestial, looks like what it does here. And the "outer darkness" is probably fiery planets or just empty space where you suffer for eternity. Are there website with this kind of stuff i.e. art? The two higher kingdoms are definitely better than this world, that we know.

CELESTIAL:
1. Ability to reach godhood and create another "universe"
2. Ability to hop from one planet to another.
3. Paradise

TERRESTRIAL:
1. Paradise

TELESTIAL:
1. Earth-like planet

OUTER DARKNESS:
1. Endless suffering
2. Darkness
3. Hell

Does anyone have anthing they want to add? It would be cool :)

gangbusters
captain of 100

Re: What do you Think the Terrestrial & Celestial World look Like?

Post by gangbusters »

Telestial kingdom is just Gary, Indiana.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Celestial World? It'll look like Colorado. Well, it'll look like Colorado did back in the 70's and 80's before it got filled up with horrid escapees from Califreakazone.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

I don't think we are capable of comprehending the kingdoms of glory. That being said...

I'm not confident celestialized beings create their own universes. I believe they are confined to this infinite universe, as are all their creations. And I suspect beings in any kingdom of glory can jump to other planets but only do so when fulfilling an assignment.

The Terrestrial existence will be much nicer than the earth currently is. We are taught that at the Second Coming this planet will be transformed to a terrestrial state. And even the Telestial kingdom will be far better than the world as we know it now.

I believe outer darkness is easy to comprehend. Spend a little time in a sensory deprivation chamber. There is no light, nothing to hear, nothing to feel, just plain nothing but your mind to constantly remind you that you could be living in glory but now you have an existence of emptiness that will never end. The fad of sensory deprivation chambers is a way of making the greatest punishment possible look like a good thing.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

D&C 130

6 The angels do not reside on a planet like this earth;
7 But they reside in the presence of God, on a globe like a sea of glass and fire, where all things for their glory are manifest, past, present, and future, and are continually before the Lord.
8 The place where God resides is a great Urim and Thummim.
That seems very hard to comprehend. @-)

I believe the war in heaven took place in a terrestrial sphere as I do not believe war can exist where sin cannot. That said I believe that the terrestrial worlds recon time differently than the CK and cannot see the future. We required faith to be chosen (Alma 13) in the premortal realm. There would be no need for faith if we could see the end from the beginning. Perhaps the terrestrial worlds are the buffer or the dmz between God's forces and telestial or even outter darkness beings. This is why Michael has to deal with The Dragon once and for all before the earth ascends. No loose ends. :-o

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

Zion2080 wrote: TELESTIAL:
1. Earth-like planet
D&C 76:89

And thus we saw, in the heavenly vision, the glory of the telestial, which surpasses all understanding;

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

All I can envision is a possible Terrestrial realm.

We will all be vegetarians. No animal will be killed to clothe or feed us.
There will be no sickness, disease, contention, war, crime, immorality, or physical or emotional pain of any kind.
Greed, envy, jealousy, and strife will no longer exist among the residents. There will be a spirit of emotional support and cooperation instead.
Everyone will live in a beautiful well-furnished home of their own choosing with their spouse.
Our beloved pets will be with us.
Universities will abound, and part of our day will be spent in continuing our education about life on earth and the universe that surrounds us.
Temples will dot the earth, and much of our day will be spent in doing work for the Lord and serving our brothers and sisters.
Without fear of debilitating injury, everyone will have the desire and be allowed ample time to participate in wholesome recreational activities of their choosing.
We will have the time and opportunity to pursue individual talents and interests.
We will continue to progress toward perfection.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

I was shown a vision, the only vision I have ever had where it is like Nephi's experience, where an angel would point and as I looked he would disappear and show me stuff. I was shown that the Telestial kingdom is like star wars, and star trek, there are all kinds of intelligence in the universe, all different kinds of species, with space travel and etc. The Telestial kingdom, I was told, was what I had finally broken out of, and the mindset of the people there is for their own will and gain. The intelligence in this kingdom don't really comprehend that there are higher kingdoms, though they do know there is a creator.

Then I was shown myself, where I am at in my current progression, and I was a big red planet. Traveling next to me was my husband's planet, and his was a pretty blue planet. I was shown that I was in the Terrestrial kingdom. I was told that the mindset here was those who receive Jesus Christ into their soul, and are willing to produce fruit/works for Him, including being willing to die for Him, and being willing to overcome the flesh.

Then I was shown a star. I was told if I continue to repent and become worthy, I will become that star. I don't quite comprehend the different spiritually, but it has something to do with compete fission of elemental and spiritual truth, which produces Divine love.

I was also told that after this life, you can still progress to a higher Kingdom, but it will take thousands of years, kind of like how long a star lives.

From this vision, I make the assumption that your spirit has the ability to power either a planet, that can support life, or even a star. I imagine your spirit can even grow to more than that, say to power a galaxy or universe. I am not in any way preaching church doctrine, I am just explaining what I was shown with the inclusion of my interpretation error.

For those who are interested in learning about the intelligences we have in our universe, listen to Simon Parkes Wolf Spirit Radio YouTube interviews. In my opinion, this guy is an expert on some of the species, intelligences, and factions in the Telestial Kingdom.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Celestial Kingdom is Yorkshire.
I thought everyone knew that.

Outer Darkness? Lancashire, or maybe France.
Last edited by Robin Hood on February 9th, 2017, 6:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

skmo,
Celestial World? It'll look like Colorado. Well, it'll look like Colorado did back in the 70's and 80's before it got filled up with horrid escapees from Califreakazone.
Actually St. George - Hurricane in the 60s and 70s was Celestial enough for me. I can't believe it. Nobody could keep it to themselves. St. George from a nice little town of about 8,000 to a metropolis of about 100,000. Can't anybody keep a secret? Cedar City was actually much bigger than St. George then. I tell people that I could have been sitting under a palm tree drinking lemonade, and decide that I would like to do some skiing, and in just about an hour be on wonderful slopes in 10 feet of some of the greatest powder in the world... or I could go ripping up the desert on a dirt bike, spelunking in wonderful caves that nobody except locals knew about.....or enjoying other of Mother Nature's finest.

But some body had to tell some 90,000 other people about it and now it is just another big city!

Regards,

George Clay
Last edited by gclayjr on February 9th, 2017, 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Maybe it's just me, but the Terrestrial Kingdom sounds great.
The Celestial seems to entail a lot of work and heartache.
I get enough of that here.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

Robin Hood wrote:Maybe it's just me, but the Terrestrial Kingdom sounds great.
Work, maybe. Heartache? What makes you say that?

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

LDScop wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:Maybe it's just me, but the Terrestrial Kingdom sounds great.
Work, maybe. Heartache? What makes you say that?
Robin Hood,
It is not just you, I feel the same.

God is a celestial being and he weeps when he sees the bad choices of his children. Isn't that heartache?

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Heaven is for those who choose to be happy, in spite of the hell that surrounds them.

That's something I'm still trying to understand, myself.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

The kingdoms of glory are defined by the laws one lives in accordance with.
If a group of people truly live in accordance with Celestial Law, then they abide a Celestial Kingdom.
So, the Celestial Kingdom is supposed to be built up right here as we keep our covenants to do just that.
If we don't build the Father's Kingdom according to His Laws of the Celestial Order, we get what we build.

Only those who build up and abide the laws and plan of the Father build up an eternal inheritance.
You do not get to create "worlds without end" if you have rejected things like Celestial Marriage, United Orders, etc.

In what manner do we have the capacity to create "worlds without end"?
This means your wife or wives will be sealed to you by the Holy Spirit of promise.
Your family will be sealed to you for time and for all eternity.
Thus, in the "world to come", you shall rise up in your resurrection in glory and your eternal family with you.

We don't need to be carted off to some other physical planet in the galaxy in order to receive the complete fulfillment of all that God promises.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Robin Hood wrote:Celestial Kingdom is Yorkshire.
I thought everyone knew that.

Outer Darkness? Lancashire, or maybe France.
HEY! My peeps are from Lancashire! :ymblushing:

Ok France I agree :))

AlbertaBronco
captain of 100

Post by AlbertaBronco »

If the terrestrial world surpasses all understanding ... this conversation is kind of useless. Even just for speculation.

Sandinista
captain of 100

Post by Sandinista »

jwharton wrote:The kingdoms of glory are defined by the laws one lives in accordance with.
If a group of people truly live in accordance with Celestial Law, then they abide a Celestial Kingdom.
So, the Celestial Kingdom is supposed to be built up right here as we keep our covenants to do just that.
If we don't build the Father's Kingdom according to His Laws of the Celestial Order, we get what we build.

Only those who build up and abide the laws and plan of the Father build up an eternal inheritance.
You do not get to create "worlds without end" if you have rejected things like Celestial Marriage, United Orders, etc.

This means your wife or wives will be sealed to you by the Holy Spirit of promise.
Thus, in the "world to come", you shall rise up in your resurrection in glory and your eternal family with you.

We don't need to be carted off to some other physical planet in the galaxy in order to receive the complete fulfillment of all that God promises.
But your "eternal family" doesn't really exist the way we keep trying to make it exist. On earth we have this idea of an nuclear family of mom, dad and the kids. That works just fine until the kids grow up and make their own "eternal families". Little Johnny marries Little Sally from down the street, and has a baby. Now they have an "eternal family". And Sally's parents (never really liked those in-laws anyway) have the audacity to think that Johnny is now part of their "eternal family". Johnny's five siblings all marry and suddenly we have five additional "eternal families" all claiming the "eternal family" title. And the next generation goes off mucks it up even worse!

See, the problem is that we want to understand "families" based on our earthly definition. We need to understand "eternal families" based on God's definition. We are his "eternal family", and when we are sealed together as "families" we are in effect sealed into a single unbroken lineage of God's family, from Adam and Eve down until the last child.

But wait, what about "families can be together forever"? Yes, all of God's children are together in one big "family", with all sorts of relationships and connections.

Way too deep of a subject for this forum, but the next time you go to the Temple do sealings and listen closely to the words of both the sealing of children to parent's and husband's to wives. Two totally different sets of promises, blessings, associations, etc. I'm an ordinance worker and the thing I love to do most is sealings because each time I listen to those ordinances I learn just a little bit more about what "families" really are all about.

I'm not saying that our child like understanding of "families" is wrong, I'm just saying that it only barely scratches the surface of what "eternal families" really are in God's sphere of existence.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

Sandinista wrote:
jwharton wrote:The kingdoms of glory are defined by the laws one lives in accordance with.

But your "eternal family" doesn't really exist the way we keep trying to make it exist. On earth we have this idea of an nuclear family of mom, dad and the kids. That works just fine until the kids grow up and make their own "eternal families". Little Johnny marries Little Sally from down the street, and has a baby. Now they have an "eternal family". And Sally's parents (never really liked those in-laws anyway) have the audacity to think that Johnny is now part of their "eternal family". Johnny's five siblings all marry and suddenly we have five additional "eternal families" all claiming the "eternal family" title. And the next generation goes off mucks it up even worse!

See, the problem is that we want to understand "families" based on our earthly definition. We need to understand "eternal families" based on God's definition. We are his "eternal family", and when we are sealed together as "families" we are in effect sealed into a single unbroken lineage of God's family, from Adam and Eve down until the last child.

But wait, what about "families can be together forever"? Yes, all of God's children are together in one big "family", with all sorts of relationships and connections.

Way too deep of a subject for this forum, but the next time you go to the Temple do sealings and listen closely to the words of both the sealing of children to parent's and husband's to wives. Two totally different sets of promises, blessings, associations, etc. I'm an ordinance worker and the thing I love to do most is sealings because each time I listen to those ordinances I learn just a little bit more about what "families" really are all about.

I'm not saying that our child like understanding of "families" is wrong, I'm just saying that it only barely scratches the surface of what "eternal families" really are in God's sphere of existence.

Well said!

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

gclayjr wrote:Actually St. George - Hurricane in the 60s and 70s was Celestial enough for me.
St. George? I've been there in July. I could swear we were a mile away from the Sun. Remember, there's Athabascan blood running through my veins (along with an inordinately high level of bacon grease.) That automatically means I need a bare minimum of 20 degrees less than a normal person for me to think it's okay.

You're right, if it's December - February. It's pretty, no, it's gorgeous, and the temperature isn't boil-an-egg-on-the-hood like. Actually, I prefer the temperature to be around 50 degrees all year long. Warm enough to not need a coat, but cool enough I can wear leathers on the motorcycle without suffering heat stroke.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

Sandinista wrote:

Your comments don't really seem to be related to anything I said.
Thanks for chipping in with your $0.02 anyway.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Matchmaker wrote:We will all be vegetarians....
What? Oh, that's approaching blasphemy. If there's no bacon, and there's no pepperoni for pizza, and no prime rib I fail to see how it can be called Heaven. ;-D

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

alaris wrote:
D&C 130

6 The angels do not reside on a planet like this earth;
7 But they reside in the presence of God, on a globe like a sea of glass and fire, where all things for their glory are manifest, past, present, and future, and are continually before the Lord.
8 The place where God resides is a great Urim and Thummim.
That seems very hard to comprehend. @-)

I believe the war in heaven took place in a terrestrial sphere as I do not believe war can exist where sin cannot. That said I believe that the terrestrial worlds recon time differently than the CK and cannot see the future. We required faith to be chosen (Alma 13) in the premortal realm. There would be no need for faith if we could see the end from the beginning. Perhaps the terrestrial worlds are the buffer or the dmz between God's forces and telestial or even outter darkness beings. This is why Michael has to deal with The Dragon once and for all before the earth ascends. No loose ends. :-o
Here's a thought that occurred to me as I was reading your comment. We are taught that everything was created spiritually before being created temporally. Perhaps our premortal spirits lived on that spiritual earth at the time of the war in heaven. I don't know if there's anything to it, but it is an interesting idea.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

gclayjr wrote:skmo,

Actually St. George - Hurricane in the 60s and 70s was Celestial enough for me. I can't believe it. Nobody could keep it to themselves. St. George from a nice little town of about 8,000 to a metropolis of about 100,000. Can't anybody keep a secret? Cedar City was actually much bigger than St. George then. I tell people that I could have been sitting under a palm tree drinking lemonade, and decide that I would like to do some skiing, and in just about an hour be on wonderful slopes in 10 feet of some of the greatest powder in the world... or I could go ripping up the desert on a dirt bike, spelunking in wonderful caves that nobody except locals knew about.....or enjoying other of Mother Nature's finest.

But some body had to tell some 90,000 other people about it and now it is just another big city!

Regards,

George Clay
I've been through St. George in the winter and spring, and it is a beautiful area. But I was also there last August and it was hot as... you know where.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

skmo, Brianj
St. George? I've been there in July. I could swear we were a mile away from the Sun.
But I was also there last August and it was hot as... you know where
31 years ago, I moved to Pennsylvania from Jupiter Fl. Talk about hot as...you know. Southern Florida, is miserable 9 months out of the year. And it is true, it's not the heat as much as the humidity. I remember, back in St. George, on a hot summer day, getting my feet burned, if I was foolish enough to step out on the sidewalk bare foot, or my hand burned if I touched a car door that was sitting in the sun. I really didn't notice just how hot it was until I did something so foolish.

However, another thing I remember was just how well swamp coolers worked. They are more than worthless out here in the east, but in St. George you could quickly cool a house or mobile home (where I lived), in a matter of minutes with a swamp cooler.

Regards,

George Clay