What do you Think the Terrestrial & Celestial World look Like?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
cappaccio
captain of 100

Re: What do you Think the Terrestrial & Celestial World look Like?

Post by cappaccio »

gkearney wrote:I have a few ideas that have no basis in anything other than my own thinking.

I think that we will be able to take up physical bodies when we need to do something that requires them but stay in a sprit state at other times. This will permit us to travel at will to places and only take a physical form once we arrive and need that form. Sort of the heavenly version of Star Trek's transporter.

have you ever read Altered Carbon?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altered_Carbon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You are describing exactly this book. Though the book is not spiritual at all and the people are are all very wicked, and the "spirit form" is really a digital copy of our consciousness. But the premise is the same. Very transhumanist

Talon65
captain of 10

Post by Talon65 »

I remember reading somewhere that Joseph Smith was shown a vision of the Telestial Kingdom, and said it was so beautiful that people would kill themselves just to get there... makes one wonder how you could even put the glory of the Celestial Kingdom into words if you did see it...

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Talon65 wrote:I remember reading somewhere that Joseph Smith was shown a vision of the Telestial Kingdom, and said it was so beautiful that people would kill themselves just to get there... makes one wonder how you could even put the glory of the Celestial Kingdom into words if you did see it...
I've also heard this but I believe it is an apocryphal account. Regardless, I believe the lowest level of the telestial kingdom is so wonderful that it literally is a heaven. In fact, I believe that non-LDS Christian churches are totally accurate when they teach that all you need to do is believe and you will be saved in the kingdom of Heaven regardless of your actions. They are looking toward a telestial or terrestrial salvation and that's what they will find. The lie isn't what they teach; it is that nothing better is possible for us.