What do you Think the Terrestrial & Celestial World look Like?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
brianj
captain of 1,000

Re: What do you Think the Terrestrial & Celestial World look Like?

Post by brianj »

gclayjr wrote:31 years ago, I moved to Pennsylvania from Jupiter Fl. Talk about hot as...you know. Southern Florida, is miserable 9 months out of the year. And it is true, it's not the heat as much as the humidity. I remember, back in St. George, on a hot summer day, getting my feet burned, if I was foolish enough to step out on the sidewalk bare foot, or my hand burned if I touched a car door that was sitting in the sun. I really didn't notice just how hot it was until I did something so foolish.
I was born in the greatest city in the country - New Orleans. Some relatives are still nearby in Baton Rouge, I have a lot of relatives in the Miami - Fort Lauderdale area, and my mother and brother live in the Florida panhandle. Based on my experience I would say the South is only miserable three months out of the year. And the misery I feel when it's 90 degrees with 98% humidity is the same misery I feel when it's 104 in the desert southwest. But I have noticed that in the dry 100+ heat I develop symptoms of heat exhaustion much faster than in a humid 95 degrees.

One thing I recall about St. George is there's almost no shade. In most of the country a prime parking spot is close to the door. But, having been raised in the South, I still think a parking spot with shade is better than a spot close to the door.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

skmo wrote:
Matchmaker wrote:We will all be vegetarians....
What? Oh, that's approaching blasphemy. If there's no bacon, and there's no pepperoni for pizza, and no prime rib I fail to see how it can be called Heaven. ;-D
In the Terrestrial world, maybe we will be able to use Star Trek-like replicators to make imitation pepperoni for our pizzas that looks and tastes just like the real thing, but a lot healthier.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Matchmaker wrote:In the Terrestrial world, maybe we will be able to use Star Trek-like replicators to make imitation pepperoni for our pizzas that looks and tastes just like the real thing, but a lot healthier.
Can we torture alcoholics with synthohol?

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

brianj wrote:
Matchmaker wrote:In the Terrestrial world, maybe we will be able to use Star Trek-like replicators to make imitation pepperoni for our pizzas that looks and tastes just like the real thing, but a lot healthier.
Can we torture alcoholics with synthohol?
The disease of alcoholism won't be found in the Terrestrial World. But for those who enjoy the taste of wine, the Lord said He will drink real wine (without the bad stuff in it) with us when He comes again.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

I have a few ideas that have no basis in anything other than my own thinking.

I think that we will be able to take up physical bodies when we need to do something that requires them but stay in a sprit state at other times. This will permit us to travel at will to places and only take a physical form once we arrive and need that form. Sort of the heavenly version of Star Trek's transporter.

I think that time as we understand it here is very different and moves at a much, much slower pace so much so that a tiny amount of time in the sprit world or the kingdoms takes up decades or even centuries or more of earthly time. This means that when we arrive in the sprit world it will seem to those there at we just joined them.

I think that the worlds look very much like our existing world, perhaps without pollution. This means there is weather, earthquake and other natural processes. That people still act very much like they do here with their opinions thoughts and interests in place.

This one is controversial, I think it is perfectly possible for people to move between kingdoms, either because they progress and get better or that they might backslide. I think there is agency there just as there is here. I think without this we can not have the idea of eternal progression.

I think that some, not all but some marriages will be plural both with men and multiple wives and wives with multiple husbands. The reason for this it to make people happy. No one will be forced to live in plural marriages that choose not to and some couples may well choose not to continue their marriages in the next life and that will be OK as well. Sealings will remain in force however but the eternal family is not some kind of nuclear family like we have here. I don't understand this very well.

Overall I think our lives will be lived very much as we do now. There will not be illness and people will take the longer view of things, wrongs will be set right and those who have been hurt will find healing.

cappaccio
captain of 100

Post by cappaccio »

gkearney wrote:I have a few ideas that have no basis in anything other than my own thinking.

I think that we will be able to take up physical bodies when we need to do something that requires them but stay in a sprit state at other times. This will permit us to travel at will to places and only take a physical form once we arrive and need that form. Sort of the heavenly version of Star Trek's transporter.

have you ever read Altered Carbon?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altered_Carbon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You are describing exactly this book. Though the book is not spiritual at all and the people are are all very wicked, and the "spirit form" is really a digital copy of our consciousness. But the premise is the same. Very transhumanist

Talon65
captain of 10

Post by Talon65 »

I remember reading somewhere that Joseph Smith was shown a vision of the Telestial Kingdom, and said it was so beautiful that people would kill themselves just to get there... makes one wonder how you could even put the glory of the Celestial Kingdom into words if you did see it...

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Talon65 wrote:I remember reading somewhere that Joseph Smith was shown a vision of the Telestial Kingdom, and said it was so beautiful that people would kill themselves just to get there... makes one wonder how you could even put the glory of the Celestial Kingdom into words if you did see it...
I've also heard this but I believe it is an apocryphal account. Regardless, I believe the lowest level of the telestial kingdom is so wonderful that it literally is a heaven. In fact, I believe that non-LDS Christian churches are totally accurate when they teach that all you need to do is believe and you will be saved in the kingdom of Heaven regardless of your actions. They are looking toward a telestial or terrestrial salvation and that's what they will find. The lie isn't what they teach; it is that nothing better is possible for us.