False Prophecy - JR/Hector/GAS/etc.

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
DRC53
captain of 100

False Prophecy - JR/Hector/GAS/etc.

Post by DRC53 »

I thought there were some important things to consider in this blog. Bottom line is to search the scriptures/living Prophet and live by the Spirit. Don't get distracted by outside sources such as Julie Rowe or Hector or alleged GAS prophecies...

http://ldsperfectday.blogspot.com/2017/ ... 01_29.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you'd rather listen, here's the podcast.

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/ldsp ... 5_11-08_00" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DRC53
captain of 100

Re: False Prophecy - JR/Hector/GAS/etc.

Post by DRC53 »

Too many of us were willing to spend hours reading books, listening to podcasts, and talking about dreams/visions unknown people were reportedly having. Imagine if we dove into the scriptures and digested them with the same fervor?!!

I don't discount that people can have dreams and visions, but what we've seen over the past few years and the response thereto has been ridiculous and, I suspect, displeasing to the Lord. In Isaiah, the Lord repeatedly chastened the Israelites for seeking after idols (trusting in the arm of flesh) and not Him. In fixating on these dreams, did they in some way become idols in that they took up time and became a source of our direction instead of the Lord? For me, perhaps they did...

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams

DRC53
captain of 100

Post by DRC53 »

SmallFarm wrote:And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams
Absolutely! The prophesies, visions, and dreams will come true when they come from God.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

DRC53 wrote:
SmallFarm wrote:And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams
Absolutely! The prophesies, visions, and dreams will come true when they come from God.

For only $14.95 on Amazon.com !!!

Todd
captain of 100

Post by Todd »

mirkwood wrote:
DRC53 wrote:

For only $14.95 on Amazon.com !!!
Or only $9.99 for an ebook version... because apparently God doesn't approve of posting the visions online in PDF format for free.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

As for me I try not to have an attitude of mocking:
26 And I also cast my eyes round about, and beheld, on the other side of the river of water, a great and spacious building; and it stood as it were in the air, high above the earth.

27 And it was filled with people, both old and young, both male and female; and their manner of dress was exceedingly fine; and they were in the attitude of mocking and pointing their fingers towards those who had come at and were partaking of the fruit.

28 And after they had tasted of the fruit they were ashamed, because of those that were scoffing at them; and they fell away into forbidden paths and were lost.

DRC53
captain of 100

Post by DRC53 »

SmallFarm wrote:As for me I try not to have an attitude of mocking:
26 And I also cast my eyes round about, and beheld, on the other side of the river of water, a great and spacious building; and it stood as it were in the air, high above the earth.

27 And it was filled with people, both old and young, both male and female; and their manner of dress was exceedingly fine; and they were in the attitude of mocking and pointing their fingers towards those who had come at and were partaking of the fruit.

28 And after they had tasted of the fruit they were ashamed, because of those that were scoffing at them; and they fell away into forbidden paths and were lost.
I agree! No intent on my part to mock anyone. I've just been coming to realize that I had been placing too much emphasis to these outside sources and not nearly enough on the primary source - the Lord through the scriptures, living Prophet, and the Spirit. I am sad that we spend so much time debating JR, Hector, G.A.S. alleged prophecy when we could spend the time delving into the scriptures and what latter-day prophets said. These outside sources have become a distraction vapors of darkness, carrying your reference to Lehi's dream forward.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

DRC53 wrote:
SmallFarm wrote:As for me I try not to have an attitude of mocking:

I agree! No intent on my part to mock anyone. I've just been coming to realize that I had been placing too much emphasis to these outside sources and not nearly enough on the primary source - the Lord through the scriptures, living Prophet, and the Spirit. I am sad that we spend so much time debating JR, Hector, G.A.S. alleged prophecy when we could spend the time delving into the scriptures and what latter-day prophets said. These outside sources have become a distraction vapors of darkness, carrying your reference to Lehi's dream forward.
I don't see you mocking DRC53, I see you trying to reason out sound principle. The mockers know who they are.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

When I read what Julie Rowe says about the conditions of the country when there is a call out, 2 things imparticular, I can see the callout being as early as February. If there isn't one this year I will probably jump on the bandwagon of not believing it anymore. But seriously, conditions seem to warrant the possibility as soon as next month. I think the 3rd week of Feb there is a holiday that Monday, Presidents day, and the Sunday lesson is about the pioneers. Also, the Feb ensign is about being prepared temporally and spiritually. I don't lay all my eggs into one person's belief. I prayed and was told 2017, most likely Feb or July. I am happy to be wrong. It is just to early to say yet for sure and I would rather be safe than sorry. I really have issues trusting myself, because I was brainwashed during satanic ritual abuse as a kid. But the dream showed the words "callout 2/~/2017" or it was something close, the date was fuzzy, so the 2 could have been a 7. I had prayed about whether the GAS attack would come true or not, and that was my answer, it was more than what I had asked for, and I knew nothing extremely bad would happen before that. Anyway, I really struggle trusting my own self to be right but at the end of the day it is all I have.

One thing I know, is 3 times last year I was told of an event the night before it happened, the most recent being the new years day terror attack. I told my husband the night before and wrote in my journal and to my surprise, it did happen. There was another time the first prophetic dream I had showed a flood in Rexburg during the summer. I emailed my dad about it and he laughed at me and mocked me and made fun of me for thinking I was a prophet or something. Well, a couple summers later, guess what, there was a flood in Rexburg! My dad had to apologize for mocking me.

I kind of feel bad for all of the attacks Julie Rowe has, because, like me, maybe we are wrong, but we at least mean the best and at the least it will get people on their knees more because no body has a monopoly on God and we all benefit each other by going to God personally for answers and then edifying each other with them the best we can, learning as we go.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Psalms 37:9
9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.

Isaiah 8:17
17 And I will wait upon the Lord, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him.

Plus:

Doctrine and Covenants 112:20
20 Whosoever receiveth my word receiveth me, and whosoever receiveth me, receiveth those, the First Presidency, whom I have sent, whom I have made counselors for my name’s sake unto you.

Amos 3:7
7 Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but (until) he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Doctrine and Covenants 94:3
3 And let the first lot on the south be consecrated unto me for the building of a house for the presidency, for the work of the presidency, in obtaining revelations; and for the work of the ministry of the presidency, in all things pertaining to the church and kingdom.

Get the idea?

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

Post by I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS »

Juliet wrote: I prayed and was told 2017, most likely Feb or July.
So if it ends up not happening, what does that tell you about the source of your inspiration?

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

Juliet wrote:When I read what Julie Rowe says about the conditions of the country when there is a call out, 2 things imparticular, I can see the callout being as early as February. If there isn't one this year I will probably jump on the bandwagon of not believing it anymore. But seriously, conditions seem to warrant the possibility as soon as next month. I think the 3rd week of Feb there is a holiday that Monday, Presidents day, and the Sunday lesson is about the pioneers. Also, the Feb ensign is about being prepared temporally and spiritually. I don't lay all my eggs into one person's belief. I prayed and was told 2017, most likely Feb or July. I am happy to be wrong. It is just to early to say yet for sure and I would rather be safe than sorry. I really have issues trusting myself, because I was brainwashed during satanic ritual abuse as a kid. But the dream showed the words "callout 2/~/2017" or it was something close, the date was fuzzy, so the 2 could have been a 7. I had prayed about whether the GAS attack would come true or not, and that was my answer, it was more than what I had asked for, and I knew nothing extremely bad would happen before that. Anyway, I really struggle trusting my own self to be right but at the end of the day it is all I have.

One thing I know, is 3 times last year I was told of an event the night before it happened, the most recent being the new years day terror attack. I told my husband the night before and wrote in my journal and to my surprise, it did happen. There was another time the first prophetic dream I had showed a flood in Rexburg during the summer. I emailed my dad about it and he laughed at me and mocked me and made fun of me for thinking I was a prophet or something. Well, a couple summers later, guess what, there was a flood in Rexburg! My dad had to apologize for mocking me.

I kind of feel bad for all of the attacks Julie Rowe has, because, like me, maybe we are wrong, but we at least mean the best and at the least it will get people on their knees more because no body has a monopoly on God and we all benefit each other by going to God personally for answers and then edifying each other with them the best we can, learning as we go.

I too am excited for when the missionaries are called home. I think it could happen around 2025. We are close to fulfilling the times of the gentiles. By 2025, We'll only have 75 more puzzles pieces left!

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote:
So if it ends up not happening, what does that tell you about the source of your inspiration?
Then it wasn't from God.

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

Post by I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS »

Juliet wrote:
I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote:
Then it wasn't from God.
At least you admit it. I think what a lot of people (myself included) have a problem with is the prognosticators who predict, are wrong repeatedly, but continue to make new prophesies as if nothing ever happened. Their source has proven to be wrong yet they still listen to it.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote:
Juliet wrote:
I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote:
Then it wasn't from God.
At least you admit it. I think what a lot of people (myself included) have a problem with is the prognosticators who predict, are wrong repeatedly, but continue to make new prophesies as if nothing ever happened. Their source has proven to be wrong yet they still listen to it.
I agree. And one thing I knew for sure was nothing was going to happen before the inauguration. I took all the fear about the George Albert Smith prophecy to the Lord in prayer and because of the dream of the callout date in response, I knew nothing would happen when every one else was freaking out. Not saying I am right on everything but I at least knew there would be peace up through the inauguration when many people were expecting something big. But I have a friend who is very gifted to know things on the spirtual side and she thinks everything Julie Rowe saw was symbolic, and I really trust her but I also disagree, I think spirtual has to meet physical reality at some point. We will have to see. But I might as well share that the Lord also told me to my mind, "you don't know how it is going to happen", so I know I don't have the full picture. Sometimes discernment is like playing pictionary and just because you see a picture doesn't mean you know every thing the Lord is trying to say, and yes there is also the deception you have to discern.

2EstablishZion
captain of 100

Post by 2EstablishZion »

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote:
Juliet wrote:
I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote:
Then it wasn't from God.
Is that correct, though? Did Jonah's prophecy of the destruction of Nineveh not come from God?

Some will point out that the prophecy was conditional; Jonah still was angry that Nineveh wasn;t destroyed, perhaps there were mockers in his time who accused him of being a false prophet (mere speculation on my part).

Seeing the future is only 1/3 of prophecy anyway, and while it seems to be the "shiny object" that everyone thinks that is oh so cool, I'd say that knowing things "as they have been and as they are" are at least equally valuable to knowing what will be, if we only understood. But they generally won;t improve you stock portfolio.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

2EstablishZion wrote:
I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote:
Juliet wrote:
I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote:
Then it wasn't from God.
Is that correct, though? Did Jonah's prophecy of the destruction of Nineveh not come from God?

Some will point out that the prophecy was conditional; Jonah still was angry that Nineveh wasn;t destroyed, perhaps there were mockers in his time who accused him of being a false prophet (mere speculation on my part).

Seeing the future is only 1/3 of prophecy anyway, and while it seems to be the "shiny object" that everyone thinks that is oh so cool, I'd say that knowing things "as they have been and as they are" are at least equally valuable to knowing what will be, if we only understood. But they generally won;t improve you stock portfolio.
Yes, that is another possible solution. I think there is a scripture about seeing through a glass darkly. That is how I am, I can't understand things cognitively exactly or for sure, but I feel an inner knowing that I cannot deny.

Rumpelstiltskin
captain of 1,000

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

DRC53 wrote:I thought there were some important things to consider in this blog. Bottom line is to search the scriptures/living Prophet and live by the Spirit. Don't get distracted by outside sources such as Julie Rowe or Hector or alleged GAS prophecies...

http://ldsperfectday.blogspot.com/2017/ ... 01_29.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/ldsp ... 5_11-08_00" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Don't get me started on Julie Rowe. I began reading her book and had to put it down after 10 pages. I picked it up again after I could stomach reading it then put it down after another couple dozen pages. I finally read the whole thing and I had to conclude it was a major embellishment on many Gospel topics. It was like it was written for a 10 year old. I have her other two books. I think they'll be good for kindling. I have not read any of Sosa's material, but I don't have to, especially since his predictions didn't come true. Want to know why? It's the same reason nothing Julie Rowe predicts comes true...well, let me take that back. If she keeps predicting an earthquake near Salt Lake every week, eventually she'll get it right.

Anyway, I digress. The reason they are both wrong is because they were listening to false spirits. Joseph Smith wrote extensively about them because they are a major problem in the Church. In his editorial, "Try the Spirits," he talked all about false spirits and said that they were among the most dangerous of evil spirits. Parley P. Pratt said that they definitely were the most dangerous and the most damaging. What is so sad is just how many LDS are taken in by them. False spirits are Satan's preferred vector to spread lies and deception. Section 50 is about false spirits. Give his editorial a read.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Juliet wrote:When I read what Julie Rowe says about the conditions of the country when there is a call out, 2 things imparticular, I can see the callout being as early as February. If there isn't one this year I will probably jump on the bandwagon of not believing it anymore. But seriously, conditions seem to warrant the possibility as soon as next month. I think the 3rd week of Feb there is a holiday that Monday, Presidents day, and the Sunday lesson is about the pioneers. Also, the Feb ensign is about being prepared temporally and spiritually. I don't lay all my eggs into one person's belief. I prayed and was told 2017, most likely Feb or July. I am happy to be wrong. It is just to early to say yet for sure and I would rather be safe than sorry. I really have issues trusting myself, because I was brainwashed during satanic ritual abuse as a kid. But the dream showed the words "callout 2/~/2017" or it was something close, the date was fuzzy, so the 2 could have been a 7. I had prayed about whether the GAS attack would come true or not, and that was my answer, it was more than what I had asked for, and I knew nothing extremely bad would happen before that. Anyway, I really struggle trusting my own self to be right but at the end of the day it is all I have.

I have felt uneasy about my post here and I will probably delete most of it. When I pray and want to know the timing, I don't receive any feeling about when or if there will be a callout and I don't want to add myself to the list of false prophets when I don't even feel the Holy Spirit back up what I have written. I interpret my dream as a way to comfort me and help me not fear the end of 2016, and therefore I do not feel inspired to interpret my dream as more than that. I am sure February will come and go without any significant life changing invitation to live in a canvas village, and I do not want to mislead anyone to believe something that I don't feel very sure of at all. I am sorry if I have mislead anyone here, but I don't think I have, because I think you are all pretty smart minded folk. Thanks for all of your comments and I hope we can all stay in the boat and not be carried about and tossed to and fro with every wind of doctrine.

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

I had dreams about Jennifer Lawrence last night. When are those dreams going to happen in real-life?????

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

FTC wrote:I had dreams about Jennifer Lawrence last night. When are those dreams going to happen in real-life?????
:ymsick:

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote:
DRC53 wrote:I thought there were some important things to consider in this blog. Bottom line is to search the scriptures/living Prophet and live by the Spirit. Don't get distracted by outside sources such as Julie Rowe or Hector or alleged GAS prophecies...

Don't get me started on Julie Rowe. I began reading her book and had to put it down after 10 pages. I picked it up again after I could stomach reading it then put it down after another couple dozen pages. I finally read the whole thing and I had to conclude it was a major embellishment on many Gospel topics. It was like it was written for a 10 year old. I have her other two books. I think they'll be good for kindling. I have not read any of Sosa's material, but I don't have to, especially since his predictions didn't come true. Want to know why? It's the same reason nothing Julie Rowe predicts comes true...well, let me take that back. If she keeps predicting an earthquake near Salt Lake every week, eventually she'll get it right.

Anyway, I digress. The reason they are both wrong is because they were listening to false spirits. Joseph Smith wrote extensively about them because they are a major problem in the Church. In his editorial, "Try the Spirits," he talked all about false spirits and said that they were among the most dangerous of evil spirits. Parley P. Pratt said that they definitely were the most dangerous and the most damaging. What is so sad is just how many LDS are taken in by them. False spirits are Satan's preferred vector to spread lies and deception. Section 50 is about false spirits. Give his editorial a read.
Most of the people that are having these dreams and visitations from "beyond the veil" are also engaged in energy healing practices and other forms of new age medicine like Reiki, hypnosis, animal magnetism (aka mesmerism) etc.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Juliet wrote:

I have felt uneasy about my post here and I will probably delete most of it. When I pray and want to know the timing, I don't receive any feeling about when or if there will be a callout and I don't want to add myself to the list of false prophets when I don't even feel the Holy Spirit back up what I have written. I interpret my dream as a way to comfort me and help me not fear the end of 2016, and therefore I do not feel inspired to interpret my dream as more than that. I am sure February will come and go without any significant life changing invitation to live in a canvas village, and I do not want to mislead anyone to believe something that I don't feel very sure of at all. I am sorry if I have mislead anyone here, but I don't think I have, because I think you are all pretty smart minded folk. Thanks for all of your comments and I hope we can all stay in the boat and not be carried about and tossed to and fro with every wind of doctrine.

My sister often has dreams which she feels contain revelation specifically to help her. I believe this is true and I expect that if you feel this about your own dreams, they are probably revelation for you. What I find a problem is when people try to interpret their dreams literally rather than symbolically. Maybe there is some significance in the concept of the call out (for you) and maybe there is something important about you being 'prepared' for that idea of a call out, which appeals to you, in the near future.

I think if it was me, I'd try to look past the surface elements of the dream and try to find their symbolic meaning--for you. I know that for me, I often have dreams of cleaning and packing for a trip or to return from a trip. When I have these dreams I know that I am feeling overwhelmed and stressed by the things I am trying to get done in my life. I find that how this dream manifests itself can also have symbolism or can have particular meaning for me. The unconscious mind deals with life through emotions, feelings, images and in the dream state this is how it communicates.