King Men

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
brianj
captain of 1,000

King Men

Post by brianj »

In the Book of Alma there are, I believe, four Nephites who tried setting themselves up as king. They caused problems for the Nephites and had to be put down by arms. Lately I have been wondering if the overgrown infants throwing tantrums over the outcome of the Presidential election are precursors to modern king men.

Since Mormon saw our day, and selected highlights of Nephite history for us, I expect some parallel to the ancient king men and wonder if I am seeing a beginning of that movement.

kgrigio
captain of 100

Re: King Men

Post by kgrigio »

I had the exact same thought the other day. It is sure interesting to see how the BOM unfolds in our day.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

brianj wrote:In the Book of Alma there are, I believe, four Nephites who tried setting themselves up as king. They caused problems for the Nephites and had to be put down by arms. Lately I have been wondering if the overgrown infants throwing tantrums over the outcome of the Presidential election are precursors to modern king men.

Since Mormon saw our day, and selected highlights of Nephite history for us, I expect some parallel to the ancient king men and wonder if I am seeing a beginning of that movement.

Look backwards a couple of decades and you will see that this has been happening for quite some time.

Teancum
captain of 100

Re: King Men and stirring up their hearts

Post by Teancum »

Yep, I fully believe that the Book of Mormon was written for our day. There aught to be multiple types and shadows that we are warned about within its pages. One of those is the continual stirring up the hearts to anger. This is something we see every day, every hour of every day, on most all t.v. channels, and much of radio, internet and print. When the heart is stirred up in strong emotion, the brain cannot think rationally and more importantly, the Holy Ghost cannot get his promptings through to us.
It is so easy to be led around this way, It is no wonder our society has been programmed to take their brain conditioning at least every evening if not more often.

96walker
captain of 100

Post by 96walker »

Interesting thought Brian, one that had not occurred to me. But what you say makes complete sense.

kfb
captain of 100

Post by kfb »

mirkwood wrote:
brianj wrote:In the Book of Alma there are, I believe, four Nephites who tried setting themselves up as king. They caused problems for the Nephites and had to be put down by arms. Lately I have been wondering if the overgrown infants throwing tantrums over the outcome of the Presidential election are precursors to modern king men.

Look backwards a couple of decades and you will see that this has been happening for quite some time.
Remember when George Bush took us to war and Harry Reid and the Democrats openly supported the terrorists Iraqis.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

There is a movement to destroy national constitutional government and replace it with global governance.

I think the parallel is that the king men didn't peaceably accept defeat when they were defeated at the polls by the "voice of the people". The king men were guilty of trying all sorts of ploys to get their way like set up secret combinations, demoralize and subvert society, foment insurrections, wage civil war, and ally themselves with the Lamanites.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

And the effort to undermine the voice of the people is even worse than I imagined.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/11/how-obama- ... residency/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Are they members/ ex-members of the church?

KurtTheMormon
captain of 100

Post by KurtTheMormon »

The entirety of liberal progressivism is a vile, subtle, corrosive evil that is equivalent to or even in excess of the gadiantonism from ancient date.

Dlight
captain of 100

Post by Dlight »

I personally feel like we are seeing king men strategies and ideologies on both sides of the aisle. Each side uses the others sides antics as justification for their own, and it just seems to be escalating each year.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

in rome, the beast out of the sea, early christian saints church had developed into catholic church.
in usa, the beast out of the earh, lds church might have similar tradgedy/fate through the great works of latter-day saints of the kingsmen quality.

beast out of earth america
https://search.yahoo.co.jp/search?ei=UT ... %20america" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:-B

Syn
captain of 50

Post by Syn »

McMullin could be considered a King Men. Basically, trying to rig the election so that the peoples choice was taken out of the equation and someone else would be appointed. And it was seriously weird how the media boosted him up and made it seem like there was a bigger following than there actually was.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

I really like your point as well Brianj.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Syn wrote: March 5th, 2017, 8:43 pm McMullin could be considered a King Men. Basically, trying to rig the election so that the peoples choice was taken out of the equation and someone else would be appointed. And it was seriously weird how the media boosted him up and made it seem like there was a bigger following than there actually was.
+1

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Syn wrote: March 5th, 2017, 8:43 pm McMullin could be considered a King Men. Basically, trying to rig the election so that the peoples choice was taken out of the equation and someone else would be appointed. And it was seriously weird how the media boosted him up and made it seem like there was a bigger following than there actually was.
The Kingmen tried to alter certain points in the law, because they wanted to overthrow the system of Judges and replace it with a monarchy--McMullin didn't do that. He wasn't 'rigging the election--he was working within the constitutional system--if you are talking about the election being thrown into the Congress for a decision--that's the Constitutional order, so no, he's not like the Kingmen in the Book of Mormon.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

mirkwood wrote: January 28th, 2017, 6:15 pm

That's true, and also, if you look back to Woodrow Wilson's time a hundred years ago, you can see the Freemen vs. the Kingmen then as well. Those who worked to expand government and take away or limit the people's rights, centralize power in the executive branch, moving the US away from Constitutional rule.