Upheaval

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Upheaval

Post by Lizzy60 »

I found this interview very informative. It's worth the time to listen if you're interested in earthquakes in the US, especially the New Madrid region.

http://www.trunews.com/listen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He discusses this new book -----

https://www.amazon.com/Upheaval-Catastr ... john+casey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: Upheaval

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Curious if fracking or the many windmills will play a role.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

BeNotDeceived wrote:Curious if fracking or the many windmills will play a role.
I don't remember him talking about either of those. It's all about the cycles of the sun, and also how unprepared we are as a society. He wrote two earlier books about the sun cycles and listening to him, he seems to be exceptionally knowledgeable on the subject. He has written a couple other books on the sun cycles, however this one has more emphasis on the earthquakes that a cooler sun will detonate.

I've ordered the book, but I chose one of the marketplace versions to save a few $$ so I won't have it until week after next.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Visions of Glory mentions splitting America with a new canyon. Stay on the West side?

These include foreign invasion, a devastating plague, floods, earthquakes, continental fracture, the dividing of America by a new canyon, the filling of the Gulf of Mexico by a new landmass,

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Lizzy60 wrote:He has written a couple other books on the sun cycles, however this one has more emphasis on the earthquakes that a cooler sun will detonate.
I had to roll my eyes when I saw that. Ten feet below the surface you are unlikely to find the ground temperature vary from the mean by even +- 10 degrees F throughout the year. Below about 30 feet temperatures tend to be steady throughout the year. If you have the resources and live in a hot climate, you could have a heat exchanger loop buried horizontally 20 feet underground and pump coolant through that loop then into your forced air system to cool the house without needing an air conditioner.

Earthquakes almost never happen right at the surface of the planet, and radioactive decay is the primary source of heat deep within the planet. Therefore, any suggestion that a cooling sun would cause earthquakes contradicts geological science.

paulrobots
captain of 100

Post by paulrobots »

brianj wrote:
Lizzy60 wrote:He has written a couple other books on the sun cycles, however this one has more emphasis on the earthquakes that a cooler sun will detonate.
I had to roll my eyes when I saw that. Ten feet below the surface you are unlikely to find the ground temperature vary from the mean by even +- 10 degrees F throughout the year. Below about 30 feet temperatures tend to be steady throughout the year. If you have the resources and live in a hot climate, you could have a heat exchanger loop buried horizontally 20 feet underground and pump coolant through that loop then into your forced air system to cool the house without needing an air conditioner.

Earthquakes almost never happen right at the surface of the planet, and radioactive decay is the primary source of heat deep within the planet. Therefore, any suggestion that a cooling sun would cause earthquakes contradicts geological science.
20 foot deep trenches would be prohibitively expensive. One of the benefits of true a/c is that it dehumidifies as well as cools. A ground source cooling system would cool but still be uncomfortable, unless you live in the desert.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

paulrobots wrote:20 foot deep trenches would be prohibitively expensive. One of the benefits of true a/c is that it dehumidifies as well as cools. A ground source cooling system would cool but still be uncomfortable, unless you live in the desert.
I don't think they would be prohibitively expensive, but this solution obviously wouldn't cool as effectively as air conditioning so the fan would be on more. This is really a technique for taking advantage of ignorant environmentalists and won't save them any money in the long term.

The dehumidification comes from water condensing on the cooling coils. The same thing would happen with an in-ground heat exchange system, but with a lot less efficiency. Having spent years in the South and midwest, enduring summer days with both heat and humidity in the 90s, I would choose a modern refrigerant over water pumped into the ground and back any day!