The Second Coming could be Closer than we Think

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
AlbertaBronco
captain of 100

Re: The Second Coming could be Closer than we Think

Post by AlbertaBronco »

Now you guys are just flinging numbers ... this is entertaining.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

This feels like all the other timeline post....

The fiction/non fiction short story written in 1893 "The Vision" by Charles Evans.

Is crazy accurate because who else has prophesied about the letter of a Jew? That letter was written in the late 90's by Alan Greenspan and Clinton's cabniet (mainly Jewish) and we saw the economy crash about 14 years later. Alan Greenspan publicly apologized in 2008 for the housing market. I'm sure Gordon B. Hinckley knew the letter was written when he gave this talk in 1998. "I am suggesting that the time has come to get our houses in order."

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... n?lang=eng

The end of that talk tells the story of Joseph deciphering the pharaohs dream in Egypt... How much more direct do you want the prophets?

So the 7 years of plenty could have been 1998-2005

Next is blood flowing thru the streets. Trump the great divider, causing the soro's and such to get the people to create war, city against city state vs state.

Then end of 6th seal with quake

Plague

Then WW3, GAS, Hopi.....

It's right there for all to read....

The problem with man is we like instant results, this is a big process and it has begun...

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Bronco73idi wrote:This feels like all the other timeline post....

The fiction/non fiction short story written in 1893 "The Vision" by Charles Evans.

Is crazy accurate because who else has prophesied about the letter of a Jew? That letter was written in the late 90's by Alan Greenspan and Clinton's cabniet (mainly Jewish) and we saw the economy crash about 14 years later. Alan Greenspan publicly apologized in 2008 for the housing market. I'm sure Gordon B. Hinckley knew the letter was written when he gave this talk in 1998. "I am suggesting that the time has come to get our houses in order."

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... n?lang=eng

The end of that talk tells the story of Joseph deciphering the pharaohs dream in Egypt... How much more direct do you want the prophets?

Next is blood flowing thru the streets. Trump the great divider, causing the soro's and such to get the people to create war, city against city state vs state.

Plague

Then WW3, GAS, Hopi.....

The problem with man is we like instant results, this is a big process and it has begun...
The economy seemed to be very strong in 1998 and 1999, but in 2000 the dot com bubble popped and (at least in my area) the economy was really hurting in 2001 through 2003 or 2004.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

brianj wrote:
Bronco73idi wrote:This feels like all the other timeline post....

Plague

Then WW3, GAS, Hopi.....

The economy seemed to be very strong in 1998 and 1999, but in 2000 the dot com bubble popped and (at least in my area) the economy was really hurting in 2001 through 2003 or 2004.
I was living in san diego at the time and the economy was booming. I bought my house in 2000 for 135K and sold for 385K in 2004

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

onefour1 wrote:I believe the year 33 AD was the atonement, death, and resurrection of Jesus. I believe that this event occurred in the meridian of time. I believe the meridian of time to be the 4th seal. I believe the Apostles of Jesus were martyred in the 5th seal. I believe 33 AD was the last year of the 4th seal and that it was a great Jubilee year. I therefore believe that the 5th seal ended in 1033 AD and that the end of the 6th seal will be in 2033 AD. The 7th seal, I believe, will open in the year 2034 when there will be silence in heaven for the space of half an hour. This could mean 20.83333 years if the half hour is according to the Lord's time (1000/48). We know the Lord is coming in the 7th seal after the space of half an hour. I would guess at a few years after that at the latest (sometime around 2053), but could be as early as 2034.
I may be wrong, but doesn't scripture tell us that the Savior is born in the meridian of time? The meridian being 3500 rounded up as per the Jewish calendar to 4000? Would it not make sense, assuming that the Gregorian calendar is correct as outlined in Doctrine and Covenants when God tells Joseph to establish the church on April 6 1830 because it was exactly 1830 years from Christ's birth, that the 7th seal would be opened on the year 2000?
Especially if the meridian of time can be considered a single moment, and not a span of time.
If this is the case then 2020 may be a fairly accurate year. I actually formulated this theory a month before I found out that Cleon Skousen also talked about this.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

In answer to the OP:

First, please clarify the Second Coming of who?

Are you referring to the advent of the Son of Man?

If so, this already happened when Joseph Smith Jr. was told it would happen by.

Abel has already had his advent and now Cain fancies himself as ruling the roost, so to speak.
Aren't we told that Son of Man shall be a man of sorrows and rejected and cast out, etc?

Do people really even know what they are looking for with regard to this advent?

Or, are we talking about the second coming of Brother Joseph, of whom it is said "millions shall know Brother Joseph again"?

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

jwharton wrote:In answer to the OP:

The colloquial meaning of Second Coming is when the Savior returns to Earth in glory, destroying wickedness, elevating the planet to its terrestrial existence, binding Satan and his followers, and ushering in the beginning of His millennial reign. I am frankly surprised that you are so unfamiliar with this definition that you have to ask.

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Post by jwharton »

brianj wrote:

The colloquial meaning of Second Coming is when the Savior returns to Earth in glory, destroying wickedness, elevating the planet to its terrestrial existence, binding Satan and his followers, and ushering in the beginning of His millennial reign. I am frankly surprised that you are so unfamiliar with this definition that you have to ask.
I am completely familiar with this overly simplified and kindergarten level definition that comes from orthodox Christianity.
I asked what I asked because to a serious student of end times prophecy, they will get the distinction I am seeking clarity on.
The fullness of the Gospel and the doctrines of the Father give a much more comprehensive template to work with.

onefour1
captain of 1,000

Post by onefour1 »

Hivetyrant36 wrote:
onefour1 wrote:I believe the year 33 AD was the atonement, death, and resurrection of Jesus. I believe that this event occurred in the meridian of time. I believe the meridian of time to be the 4th seal. I believe the Apostles of Jesus were martyred in the 5th seal. I believe 33 AD was the last year of the 4th seal and that it was a great Jubilee year. I therefore believe that the 5th seal ended in 1033 AD and that the end of the 6th seal will be in 2033 AD. The 7th seal, I believe, will open in the year 2034 when there will be silence in heaven for the space of half an hour. This could mean 20.83333 years if the half hour is according to the Lord's time (1000/48). We know the Lord is coming in the 7th seal after the space of half an hour. I would guess at a few years after that at the latest (sometime around 2053), but could be as early as 2034.
I may be wrong, but doesn't scripture tell us that the Savior is born in the meridian of time? The meridian being 3500 rounded up as per the Jewish calendar to 4000? Would it not make sense, assuming that the Gregorian calendar is correct as outlined in Doctrine and Covenants when God tells Joseph to establish the church on April 6 1830 because it was exactly 1830 years from Christ's birth, that the 7th seal would be opened on the year 2000?
Especially if the meridian of time can be considered a single moment, and not a span of time.
If this is the case then 2020 may be a fairly accurate year. I actually formulated this theory a month before I found out that Cleon Skousen also talked about this.
You are absolutely right that the scriptures tell us that Jesus would be born in the meridian of time. But there is one scripture that also tells us that Christ's atoning sacrifice would occur in the meridian of time.

Moses 7:45-46
45 And it came to pass that Enoch looked; and from Noah, he beheld all the families of the earth; and he cried unto the Lord, saying: When shall the day of the Lord come? When shall the blood of the Righteous be shed, that all they that mourn may be sanctified and have eternal life?
46 And the Lord said: It shall be in the meridian of time, in the days of wickedness and vengeance.

If his birth and death both occur in the meridian of time, then the meridian of time spans at the very least Jesus' entire life.

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

onefour1 wrote:
Hivetyrant36 wrote:
You are absolutely right that the scriptures tell us that Jesus would be born in the meridian of time. But there is one scripture that also tells us that Christ's atoning sacrifice would occur in the meridian of time.

45 And it came to pass that Enoch looked; and from Noah, he beheld all the families of the earth; and he cried unto the Lord, saying: When shall the day of the Lord come? When shall the blood of the Righteous be shed, that all they that mourn may be sanctified and have eternal life?
46 And the Lord said: It shall be in the meridian of time, in the days of wickedness and vengeance.

If his birth and death both occur in the meridian of time, then the meridian of time spans at the very least Jesus' entire life.
Hmm very interesting. Thanks for pointing that out. I wonder if the meridian of time could be something like the Jubilee or something.

onefour1
captain of 1,000

Post by onefour1 »

Hivetyrant36 wrote:
onefour1 wrote:
Hivetyrant36 wrote:

Hmm very interesting. Thanks for pointing that out. I wonder if the meridian of time could be something like the Jubilee or something.
Studying the Jubilee leads me to believe it is a type of the atonement when all the captive of sin and the grave can be set free and gain back their inheritance. It was to begin on the day of Atonement. Only two dates, to me, would represent a grand Jubilee and that would be the year of Christ's atonement and the day of the second coming of our Lord. I think the Jubilee is a type for both these years.

jonnyp117
Hi, I'm new.

Post by jonnyp117 »

I think it is fun at times to talk about these things. And in reference to the earlier post of cleaning out our parents and grandparents homes. I think when it comes to this stuff that the Lord and Father in Heaven and preparing us more for obedience than for His coming - though obviously important to prepare for his Second Coming. Once we demonstrate that obedience, then he can prepare us for His Kingdom - keeping in mind that once we die, we are seeing our Savior and Father in Heaven and that is in essence our Second Coming Experience. Just some food for thought.

Sandinista
captain of 100

Post by Sandinista »

Tomorrow. If not the day after, and if not the day after, and so on and so forth. :)

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

jwharton wrote:
brianj wrote:

I am completely familiar with this overly simplified and kindergarten level definition that comes from orthodox Christianity.
I asked what I asked because to a serious student of end times prophecy, they will get the distinction I am seeking clarity on.
The fullness of the Gospel and the doctrines of the Father give a much more comprehensive template to work with.
One of my favorite books was Prophecy - Key to the future where the author described four diverse comings of the Lord. The parable of the Good Samaritan speaks of a return after 2 days, which is understood as 2000 years. 2000 years from when? Will it unfold over 3 years from 2031 to 2034 i.e following on a type and a shadow of 0031 to 0034?

7 years of devastation is set to begin calendar Q2/2024; will the wars of complete destruction and times of tribulation be brought to a premature end, due to the fevered prayers of the righteous? Times, they will be a changing. :-s

Said 7 year period may begin calendar Q3 based on 2017 uptick of this chart. @-)

Last edited by BeNotDeceived on February 18th, 2017, 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

BeNotDeceived wrote:
jwharton wrote:
brianj wrote:

One of my favorite books was Prophecy - Key to the future where the author described four diverse comings of the Lord. The parable of the Good Samaritan speaks of a return after 2 days, which is understood as 2000 years. 2000 years from when? Will it unfold over 3 years from 2031 to 2034 i.e following on a type and a shadow of 0031 to 0034?

7 years of devastation is set to begin calendar Q2/2024; will the wars of complete destruction and times of tribulation be brought to a premature end, due to the fevered prayers of the righteous? Times, they will be a changing. :-s

it's one of my favorites, too!! :) :) :) :D

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

It could be in 2100, but we probably won't last that long. But when you make a timeline and try to make realistic dates (ex: WWIII- May 2025 to October 2031 [6 years]) you can kind-of get a good idea about how things should naturally process/roll. As they say, history repeats itself, so I don't see why the 21st century would be like the last, except more wicked and violent. Because once WWIII starts, we'll know that the end is indefinitely near.

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

Plenty of wacko doom-and-gloom mormons have already tried the Jesus-coming-real-soon thing. In this thread, there are real-life examples of cleaning out deceased people's anytime-now storage caches. Not all that unlike the foolish servant which was given just one talent: "I was afraid, and went and hid [my end-of-world storage] in the [my house] ... Thou wicked and slothful servant".
I figure I'll live 30, maybe 40 more years. If this forum still exists then, you can be sure as the Second Coming NOT happening, that I'll dig this thread up to remind people how looney they are to think that it could all happen any time now.
FTC wrote:
kfb wrote:Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:25 pm

We are def not in the 7th seal yet. Perhaps 10-15 years.
Because that really worked so well 8 years ago......
pjbrownie wrote:Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:30 pm

This all beings first in OUR backyard, it begins in the Lord's house. These things can all happen fairly quickly. I give it 3 to 5 years.
NoGreaterLove wrote:Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:33 am

Christ is coming soon, probably within 5 years, but that is to his saints in Missouri, not to Jerusalem. The first shall be last and the last shall be first.

Melissa
captain of 1,000

Post by Melissa »

We cannot know the day. Plus, if we figure it out we can rest assured that He will hasten the day anyway. It's fun to guess and figure out signs and how they are arranging though. I will add that 2020 seems like a changing time to me. Either one thing or another.

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

So my buddy and I had this discussion before and he feels he might have the day of. Here it goes:

O.K.
Let's have some fun with this.
People say that 'no one knows' when the second coming is going to happen.
I admittedly don't know either.
I don't know the exact hour but...
...what if I told you that I (PERSONALLY) can't UNjustify the year?

Just two scriptures is all I need to 'Stir-the-pot'

Jesus was Born at the 'Meridian of time'
How do I know?
The scriptures say so:
"For they would not hearken unto his voice, nor believe on his Only Begotten Son, even him whom he declared should come in the >>Meridian Of Time<<, who was prepared from before the foundation of the world."
Moses 5:57
(See also Moses 6:57)

Doc. & Cov. Says that the Earth has its mortal 'temporal existence' for 7 thousand years.
D&C 77:5-7

Now...

..and this is where simple math comes in;

If the Earth's temporal existence is 7,000 years.
And half of that is 3,500 (which is the 'Middle' or should I say) 'The Meridian of Time'

Annnnd,

we minus 1,000 for the Millennium.

That (to me) means that Adam fell 3,500 B.C.
Christ came in the 'Middle' (Meridian of Time)
1 A.D.

we live in 2016

Sooo...

3,500 minus 1,000 (to account for the Millennium)

Brings us to the year 2,500

2,500 minus 2016 equals the remaining amount of time for the Millennium (last thousand year) to commence and Christ during His second coming will be the one to usher in the Millennium.

it all makes sense to me.
Jesus to return in the year 2,500 and because we are having 'fun' with this prediction;
I'm going to guess even the Month and day.
Going on a whim and say that April 6th. the year, 2500 is the date.
(I still don't know the 'hour' though)
But then again; "no one knows the hour"

I live each day as my last and am not prolonging my repentance.
I just don't believe it will be in our lifetime - scripturally speaking that is.

I personally think this isn't correct due to it falling on a Tuesday. I've always felt it would be on a weekend, when the party gets started! :D

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

LdsMarco wrote:So my buddy and I had this discussion before and he feels he might have the day of. Here it goes:

O.K.
Let's have some fun with this.
People say that 'no one knows' when the second coming is going to happen.
I admittedly don't know either.
I don't know the exact hour but...
...what if I told you that I (PERSONALLY) can't UNjustify the year?

Just two scriptures is all I need to 'Stir-the-pot'

Jesus was Born at the 'Meridian of time'
How do I know?
The scriptures say so:
"For they would not hearken unto his voice, nor believe on his Only Begotten Son, even him whom he declared should come in the >>Meridian Of Time<<, who was prepared from before the foundation of the world."
Moses 5:57
(See also Moses 6:57)

Doc. & Cov. Says that the Earth has its mortal 'temporal existence' for 7 thousand years.
D&C 77:5-7

Now...

..and this is where simple math comes in;

If the Earth's temporal existence is 7,000 years.
And half of that is 3,500 (which is the 'Middle' or should I say) 'The Meridian of Time'

Annnnd,

we minus 1,000 for the Millennium.

That (to me) means that Adam fell 3,500 B.C.
Christ came in the 'Middle' (Meridian of Time)
1 A.D.

we live in 2016

Sooo...

3,500 minus 1,000 (to account for the Millennium)

Brings us to the year 2,500

2,500 minus 2016 equals the remaining amount of time for the Millennium (last thousand year) to commence and Christ during His second coming will be the one to usher in the Millennium.

it all makes sense to me.
Jesus to return in the year 2,500 and because we are having 'fun' with this prediction;
I'm going to guess even the Month and day.
Going on a whim and say that April 6th. the year, 2500 is the date.
(I still don't know the 'hour' though)
But then again; "no one knows the hour"

I live each day as my last and am not prolonging my repentance.
I just don't believe it will be in our lifetime - scripturally speaking that is.

I personally think this isn't correct due to it falling on a Tuesday. I've always felt it would be on a weekend, when the party gets started! :D

I first thought of this too. But My opinion has changed A LOT in the past 3 years. Plus, in the year 2500, We'd have already colonized Mars and possibly Venus. Just imagine what god-like powers we would have.

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

Zion2080 wrote:Just imagine what god-like powers we would have.
"Ponderize" that and you'll gain far more insight about the Second Coming than all of the predictions for it since the beginning of time.....

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

FTC wrote:
Zion2080 wrote:Just imagine what god-like powers we would have.
"Ponderize" that and you'll gain far more insight about the Second Coming than all of the predictions for it since the beginning of time.....

Was that sarcasm or an actual tip?

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

The scriptures break Christ's return into 2 visits: The first being as a thief in the night, and the second in glory. Most pay attention to the second, but it's the first that will really kick off the events foretold that people like to talk about here.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Hyrum Andrus gave some wonderful talks recorded on you tube by Light and Truth about the Second Coming of Christ, and he says it will be a series of events over a period of time, not one event. There are several hours of free lectures posted under the playlist of The Pearl of Great Price and the D&C lectures. I'm listening to them all and getting a lot out of them as I do so.

trigace1
Hi, I'm new.

Post by trigace1 »

Most of you are assuming that the "meridian of time" means in the middle of time, which would be the middle of the 7,000 years, or 3500 years after Adam. But meridian doesn't have to mean the middle. It can also mean the highest point, the greatest point, or at a prime time. (from my old dictionary.)

If that is what the scriptures mean then the meridian of time has to be at the time of Christ's atonement. That is the greatest point of all time, even greater than his birth, because that is when he accomplished the resurrection and salvation for all mankind.

So if we assume that the year of his atonement is not only the greatest point in time but also a time line marker (as is a meridian of longitude or latitude) and also if Adam left the Garden approximately 4,000 years (or the four seals) before the atonement, then there would be 2,000 years or 2 seals after the atonement.

Since the atonement, in recorded time, is about the end of 33 A.D. then the 6th seal should end about the end of 2033 A.D. The Second Coming would not happen until sometime early in the 7th seal after the 21 years of silence in heaven. Nearly 2054 A.D. ???