The Second Coming could be Closer than we Think

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Zion2080
captain of 100

The Second Coming could be Closer than we Think

Post by Zion2080 »

Iv'e heard a lot about when the Second Coming should be. I've heard it range from 2030 to 2060. I think It would be around 2080 or 2100. But since the world is the way it is right now, I guess I could make the date 2060 or sooner. What do you think?

The Second Coming could be in 2100, but we probably won't last that long. But when you make a timeline and try to make realistic dates (ex: WWIII- May 2025 to October 2031 [6 years]) you can kind-of get a good idea about how things should naturally process/roll. As they say, history repeats itself, so I don't see why the 21st century would be like the last, except more wicked and violent. Because once WWIII starts, we'll know that the end is indefinitely near.
Last edited by Zion2080 on February 17th, 2017, 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The Second Coming could be Closer than we Think

Post by Col. Flagg »

My personal opinion: 2033.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Col. Flagg wrote:My personal opinion: 2033.
Holy smokes! The End must be near. You and I agree on something ;)

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

7 years of prosperity begins the first week of April 2017, followed by 7 years of devastation.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

I would be very surprised if the Second Coming doesn't happen before 2040. But the more pressing issue for me right now is when the big tribulations will begin. These tribulations must happen well before the Second Coming for several reasons, including eliminating opposition to building Zion on this continent.

paulrobots
captain of 100

Post by paulrobots »

BeNotDeceived wrote:7 years of prosperity begins the first week of April 2017, followed by 7 years of devastation.
I've heard this before on the forum. I'm curious what makes you think this. I thought we would be in tribulations by now, I was wrong, so it would be fascinating to think that we had 7 good years ahead.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

I don't think our father wants us focusing on that,or he would tell us a date. I think he wants our focus on living our lives as the savior would. Prepare yourself spiritually for the saviors return and temporally for times of tribulation as we have been commanded to do and if the savior returns tomorrow or 300 years from now you will be ready.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

paulrobots wrote:
BeNotDeceived wrote:7 years of prosperity begins the first week of April 2017, followed by 7 years of devastation.
I've heard this before on the forum. I'm curious what makes you think this. I thought we would be in tribulations by now, I was wrong, so it would be fascinating to think that we had 7 good years ahead.
That statement is the logical conclusion to the discussion in my 2030, adjusted to 2031 thread.

Financial data is reported quarterly; the first week of April is also the first week of the third financial quarter.

7 years is the time from when one presidents policies take effect until the front runners are known in a subsequent election, per discussion in another thread.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Col. Flagg wrote:My personal opinion: 2033.
I also think the mid 2030's also. Another 15 years of social change, technological growth and religious upheaval is my main reason for thinking it's around that time. Signs of the times are being fulfilled too at an alarming rate since 2000.

MR. T
captain of 50

Post by MR. T »

markharr wrote:I don't think our father wants us focusing on that,or he would tell us a date. I think he wants our focus on living our lives as the savior would. Prepare yourself spiritually for the saviors return and temporally for times of tribulation as we have been commanded to do and if the savior returns tomorrow or 300 years from now you will be ready.
I respectfully disagree, he absolutely wants us "looking forth for the great day of the Lord to come" and to "see the signs of his coming"

The Lord has declared, “He that feareth me shall be looking forth for the great day of the Lord to come, even for the signs of the coming of the Son of Man,” signs that will be shown “in the heavens above, and in the earth beneath” (D&C 45:39–40).

The Savior taught this in the parable of the fig tree whose tender new branches give a sign of the coming of summer. “So likewise,” when the elect shall see the signs of His coming “they shall know that he is near, even at the doors” (JS—M 1:38–39; see also Matt. 24:32–33; D&C 45:37–38).

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... g=eng&_r=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Agreed...he wants us to look AND to repent/prepare/draw near to him.

96walker
captain of 100

Post by 96walker »

I agree with others previously on this thread. 2033 just seems to make sense. HF loves to work with numbers like this. I think tribulations really start around 2020, last seven years or so to allow the purified of Zion to then build the New Jerusalem (and the great new Temple) in time for his 2nd coming.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

There is a lot that has to happen between the tribulations and the Second Coming. I believe the war of Armageddon will happen after the tribulations on this continent. Then the Jewish temple will need to be repaired and modified to allow for ordinances of the higher priesthood. A great global missionary effort will take place in addition to the building of Zion and the return of the lost tribes. But all of that can happen in six or so years.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

96walker wrote:I agree with others previously on this thread. 2033 just seems to make sense. HF loves to work with numbers like this. I think tribulations really start around 2020, last seven years or so to allow the purified of Zion to then build the New Jerusalem (and the great new Temple) in time for his 2nd coming.

Well, why would it all happen in just 13 years? God probably is playing the long game. I'm thinking around 2100, but if is earlier, I'll be darned.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

It could also be further than we think.

I helped clean out the houses for both sets of my grandparents. We threw away an awful lot of old wheat and beans. They had been told to prepare and something was close to happening.

My friend cleaned out his grandma's house. Found radio tubes, rotten wheat and flour, leaking bottles of fuel, old ammunition. All of it wasted.

My Great-great grandpa could have made some business decisions that would have set up his posterity real nicely. He didn't, he had been told something was close to happening.

Brigham gathered the saints to Utah because something was close to happening.

frankcastle
captain of 10

Post by frankcastle »

Not sure why all the doomsdayers think the end is close. Boyd K. Packer, speaking to the youth, said they could live to see their great-grandchildren. That could easily mean we have 60 or more years. Of course, as I have found out - your personal "end-of-the-world" can occur at any time.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... h?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Sometimes you might be tempted to think as I did from time to time in my youth: “The way things are going, the world’s going to be over with. The end of the world is going to come before I get to where I should be.” Not so! You can look forward to doing it right—getting married, having a family, seeing your children and grandchildren, maybe even great-grandchildren."

96walker
captain of 100

Post by 96walker »

frankcastle wrote:Not sure why all the doomsdayers think the end is close. Boyd K. Packer, speaking to the youth, said they could live to see their great-grandchildren. That could easily mean we have 60 or more years. Of course, as I have found out - your personal "end-of-the-world" can occur at any time.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... h?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Sometimes you might be tempted to think as I did from time to time in my youth: “The way things are going, the world’s going to be over with. The end of the world is going to come before I get to where I should be.” Not so! You can look forward to doing it right—getting married, having a family, seeing your children and grandchildren, maybe even great-grandchildren."
That prophesy could easily happen along with the second coming occurring any day. People that live through the second coming righteously will do just that, live through it. They do not die until they reach the age of man, whatever that may be. They could then expect to be married (if they haven't yet already been married), have children, and see grand children and great grand children born.

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

Did youever think that because people act on the direction and counsel of the prophets and inspiration, that righteousness may postpone some of the things foretold. I don't know if He will come in 2033 or later ,seems to me so much has to happen that some will say " He delayeth his coming" while we live in a day when men are marrying and giving in marriage. Grandparents having their food storage means parents were raised in a home were they were shown by example to follow counsel. My feeling are things will change a war will stop ones ability togather , that as things get worse we will be glad we put away every needful thing and maybe that will be the temporal saving difference . In the end whether we live or die matters not, only that we can say "I believe in Christ" and we have proved we mean it.

AlbertaBronco
captain of 100

Post by AlbertaBronco »

I think all this speculation is useless. As the past events show ... we know absolutely nothing about timelines.

seekingtruth
captain of 50

Post by seekingtruth »

Prepare spiritually, receive the Holy Ghost. Then you will know what to do at all times.

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

When the missionaries are called home then I will see that as things heating up. As for now persecution is about to be ramped up as well as a sifting as more members leave the church.

"People will say the Lord delayeth His coming" - this is a prophecy that makes me think we probalby have a little more time than some think and it could be 30-40 more years but maybe not it may be half that. One thing is for sure when people think the Lord has been delaying his coming it will probably be because things are pretty hard - Also, part of that is fulfilled in this very thread where it's mentioned that ancestors thought it would have happened by now and it didn't.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

frankcastle wrote:Not sure why all the doomsdayers think the end is close. Boyd K. Packer, speaking to the youth, said they could live to see their great-grandchildren. That could easily mean we have 60 or more years.
Why? Is there some doctrine that I've never heard of stating no human will survive the Second Coming? The last I heard, all who are sincerely trying to live the gospel will be able to abide the Second Coming. I've even found statements from church leaders claiming that Mormons won't be the only ones who survive that great event.

Since all of the teachings of church leaders that I have been exposed to state that in the millennium we will continue having children, seeing them marry, and seeing future generations born, I really don't comprehend how anybody can say that Elder Packer's words mean that the Second Coming can't happen for more than half a century. Unless you know of secret teachings of the church that contradict public teachings.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

the church is selling subdivisions and buying farms,

building new chapels, renovating temples, starting a new primary and sunday school curriculum, investing in malls, adding on to the MTC.....

chillax all y'all.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

tribrac wrote:the church is selling subdivisions and buying farms,

building new chapels, renovating temples, starting a new primary and sunday school curriculum, investing in malls, adding on to the MTC.....

chillax all y'all.
Some people believe that church leaders have been, or will be, given an exact date of when the tribulations will seriously start. They believe that the church will basically close up shop, ceasing all construction and ceasing all efforts to develop new curricula for future classes among other things.

But most of the people I know who believe the tribulations are coming soon expect that church leaders know what's happening and might have a rough idea of when, but don't have an exact date. The church will continue business as usual right up until the time when they have to stop because of conditions.

Cc07
captain of 50

Post by Cc07 »

X( [quote="frankcastle"]Not sure why all the doomsdayers think the end is close. Boyd K. Packer, speaking to the youth, said they could live to see their great-grandchildren. That could easily mean we have 60 or more years. Of course, as I have found out - your personal "end-of-the-world" can occur at any time.

"Sometimes you might be tempted to think as I did from time to time in my youth: “The way things are going, the world’s going to be over with. The end of the world is going to come before I get to where I should be.” Not so! You can look forward to doing it right—getting married, having a family, seeing your children and grandchildren, maybe even great-grandchildren."[/quot

They can easily see their grand children grow up during the millennium.