The Second Coming could be Closer than we Think

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
dominosfalling
Hi, I'm new.

Re: The Second Coming could be Closer than we Think

Post by dominosfalling »

"Time" may mean more than the 7000 years of the earth's temporal existence. It may include the time in the garden prior to the fall. It may include some or all of the creation period. If the "meridian of time" means the middle, and Christ came in the meridian of the earth's temporal existence then it should be the 3500th year. He came in the 4000th year so clearly it wasn't the middle of the earth's temporal existence. "Time" may also include some of the pre-existence perhaps from the time that the plan was announced to the hosts of heaven to now. Perhaps "time" began when the earth began to turn on its axis on the first day. The timeline could include all the planets created by the Saviour in the universe that would be inhabited by the hosts of heaven that formed the initial Grand Council! Some "times" our view is limited by our experience.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

dominosfalling wrote: March 14th, 2017, 9:31 pm "Time" may mean more than the 7000 years of the earth's temporal existence. It may include the time in the garden prior to the fall. It may include some or all of the creation period. If the "meridian of time" means the middle, and Christ came in the meridian of the earth's temporal existence then it should be the 3500th year. He came in the 4000th year so clearly it wasn't the middle of the earth's temporal existence. "Time" may also include some of the pre-existence perhaps from the time that the plan was announced to the hosts of heaven to now. Perhaps "time" began when the earth began to turn on its axis on the first day. The timeline could include all the planets created by the Saviour in the universe that would be inhabited by the hosts of heaven that formed the initial Grand Council! Some "times" our view is limited by our experience.
So what year do you think we're in? I believe that we are in the 6924th year since the Fall of Man, on this Earth.

cappaccio
captain of 100

Post by cappaccio »

Zion2080 wrote: March 15th, 2017, 11:41 am
So what year do you think we're in? I believe that we are in the 6924th year since the Fall of Man, on this Earth.
How do you get to this number?

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

“Meridian: … figuratively, the highest point or culminating–point of anything; the zenith; as the meridian of life.”—New Standard Dictionary

The 1828 American Dictionary of the English Language--Joseph Smith owned a copy of this dictionary–has several definitions for the word meridian., one of which states: “The highest point; as the meridian of life.” Using this definition, we could understand that the coming of Christ to live in this mortal world in which he would offer himself as an infinite sacrifice to bring about an infinite atonement is certainly the high point or most important event of this world’s existence. http://emp.byui.edu/SatterfieldB/Rel250 ... 0Jesus.pdf

The meridian of time may be seen as the high point of mortal time. Latter-day revelation shows that all of the ancient prophets looked forward to the Messiah's coming (Jacob 4:4; Mosiah 13:33-35;15:11). His coming fulfilled their prophecies, and he was prefigured in the Law of Moses (Mosiah 13:29-32) and in ancient ceremonial ordinances (Moses 5:5-8). The meridian of time is the apex of all dispensations because of the birth, ministry, and Atonement of Christ. Without him all prophetic writings and utterances would have had no efficacy, and the hopes of mankind today and forever would be but futile desires and yearnings without possibility of fulfillment. (Encyclopedia of Mormonism)

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

dominosfalling wrote: March 14th, 2017, 9:31 pm "Time" may mean more than the 7000 years of the earth's temporal existence. It may include the time in the garden prior to the fall. It may include some or all of the creation period. If the "meridian of time" means the middle, and Christ came in the meridian of the earth's temporal existence then it should be the 3500th year. He came in the 4000th year so clearly it wasn't the middle of the earth's temporal existence. "Time" may also include some of the pre-existence perhaps from the time that the plan was announced to the hosts of heaven to now. Perhaps "time" began when the earth began to turn on its axis on the first day. The timeline could include all the planets created by the Saviour in the universe that would be inhabited by the hosts of heaven that formed the initial Grand Council! Some "times" our view is limited by our experience.
At the end of the millennium Satan will be loosed for "a short season." How long is that season? We don't know. But what if it is one thousand years? Then about 4,000 years after the fall Christ was born, around 2,000 years later (any time now) He returns for His Millennial reign, and then Satan plays his games for another thousand years. If the short season really is a thousand years then the Savior's mortal ministry is not just a figurative meridian but also a literal meridian.

Food for thought.

harv
captain of 10

Post by harv »

The title 'The second coming could be closer than we think', is always true as no one knows the day or hour - saith The Father.

dominosfalling
Hi, I'm new.

Post by dominosfalling »

That's a great point!

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

frankcastle wrote: January 24th, 2017, 9:43 am Not sure why all the doomsdayers think the end is close. Boyd K. Packer, speaking to the youth, said they could live to see their great-grandchildren. That could easily mean we have 60 or more years. Of course, as I have found out - your personal "end-of-the-world" can occur at any time.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... h?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Sometimes you might be tempted to think as I did from time to time in my youth: “The way things are going, the world’s going to be over with. The end of the world is going to come before I get to where I should be.” Not so! You can look forward to doing it right—getting married, having a family, seeing your children and grandchildren, maybe even great-grandchildren."

I think that in 2100, the Second Coming will happen. Sometime from April-August.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

harv wrote: March 16th, 2017, 8:05 pm The title 'The second coming could be closer than we think', is always true as no one knows the day or hour - saith The Father.
It could also be farther than we think.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

BrianM wrote: March 6th, 2017, 10:31 am I remember 10 years ago people were saying we only have a "few years left"... some said the second coming would be within 2, 3 or 5 or 10 years... nope.

it really irks me when people say that because it definitely wont happen in 5 years. It will happen in 83 years.

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

Okay, I don't remember when or where I saw this, but it is a thing that I saw from a mormon scholar. In the old hebrew=jewish number system, if the number of years, let's take 7000, is halved, 3500, because of the tradition of their year and time system, the 3500 would be rounded up to 4000 for whatever reason... I really need to find where I saw this. The Jewish meridian of 7000 IS 4000 for this reason. Christ was born in the year 4000, and the Earth's temporal existence is 7000 total years, as described in the Doctrine and Covenants. It's been 2017 years since the meridian of time, so we are 17 years overdue for the start of the mellinium. However, we cannot discount that the mellinium is SET UP in the beginning of the 7th thousand years, not at the very start, just the beginning. The silence in heaven for the space of half an hour may have something to do with why we aren't seeing anything yet. If a day is 1000 years, then half an hour is 20.8333333333~ years.

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

Zion2080 wrote: January 20th, 2017, 3:47 pm Iv'e heard a lot about when the Second Coming should be. I've heard it range from 2030 to 2060. I think It would be around 2080 or 2100. But since the world is the way it is right now, I guess I could make the date 2060 or sooner. What do you think?

The Second Coming could be in 2100, but we probably won't last that long. But when you make a timeline and try to make realistic dates (ex: WWIII- May 2025 to October 2031 [6 years]) you can kind-of get a good idea about how things should naturally process/roll. As they say, history repeats itself, so I don't see why the 21st century would be like the last, except more wicked and violent. Because once WWIII starts, we'll know that the end is indefinitely near.
I think at the absolute latest 2025. I think this September 23rd. Marks the last year period of history. My money is on April 6th 2024