Happy Day, I Wish All Was Well

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
brianj
captain of 1,000

Happy Day, I Wish All Was Well

Post by brianj »

Yesterday I visited the Bellevue, Washington stake center. As I approached, I saw that the building next door had a bunch of flowers and stuff across the front of the property and a police car parked in front of that building. That building is a a mosque. Two days earlier a homeless man set the building on fire and caused a lot of damage. The Bellevue Stake was one of many churches to offer the Muslims a place to worship and, probably because of both the location and the lack of overt religious symbols, the Imam accepted the LDS offer.

This morning I saw and heard the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing America the Beautiful immediately after Mike Pence was sworn in as Vice President and before Donald Trump was sworn in as President. I felt the same happiness and joy as I listened to the choir as I felt when I found out that the Bellevue Stake was doing the right thing by helping their Islamic neighbors.

I don't know how any Latter-day Saint can look at the state of the nation or the state of the world and believe all is well, but I know that as I listen to President Trump give his inauguration address and see proof that people who claimed Obama would not step down were in error I feel this is a very happy day.