J. Reuben Clark Prophecy: Nuclear Attack In America

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
LdsMarco
captain of 100

J. Reuben Clark Prophecy: Nuclear Attack In America

Post by LdsMarco »

Interesting quote by President Harold B. Lee regarding J. Reuben Clark. For any doubters here is the link: https://archive.org/stream/improvemente ... 1/mode/2up" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

brianj
captain of 1,000

Re: J. Reuben Clark Prophecy: Nuclear Attack In America

Post by brianj »

Marco, would you please be kind enough to just post the text from your video here? I know you love doing videos the way you do them but I really don't want to spend over 11 minutes sitting through a video that probably doesn't have one minute worth of reading.

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

brianj wrote:Marco, would you please be kind enough to just post the text from your video here? I know you love doing videos the way you do them but I really don't want to spend over 11 minutes sitting through a video that probably doesn't have one minute worth of reading.
You're right, it doesn't. Skip to 4:25 to read the one quote.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

"We heard him (President Clark) reply in answer to a question as to why he had put his life savings into his presently owned Grantsville ranch: "This is all I have to leave my family when I die, and if they are not too lazy to work it, they won't starve. I have told them that when the first atomic bomb is dropped here in America, that they are to go out there on the ranch and stay until it is over." This last seemed not only to be wise counsel, but also a prophecy." Published in the Improvement Era, Sept 1961, page 632

It didn't take much longer than a minute to type that! But there was another quote at about five minutes:

"Our world is in turmoil. It is aging toward senility. It is very ill... Modern prophets are warning frequently, constantly. People are destroyed by their own acts. A modern prophet said, 'There is one principle [that we should] understand - that is of blessings and cursings. For instance, we read that war, pestilence, plagues, famine, etc., will be visited upon the inhabitants of the earth, but if distress through the judgements of God comes upon this people it will be because the majority have turned away from the lord.' (Spencer W. Kimball, October 1961 General Conference)

And at about 10:50 the video shows D&C 38:29-30.

After typing in everything above this sentence I used a stopwatch and found that I could read it all in less than 40 seconds. I don't understand why some people think that we should spend over 11 minutes sitting through what can be read in less than a minute. But perhaps 'some people' isn't the right phrase; I find a lot of videos like this on YouTube.

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

brianj wrote:"We heard him (President Clark) reply in answer to a question as to why he had put his life savings into his presently owned Grantsville ranch: "This is all I have to leave my family when I die, and if they are not too lazy to work it, they won't starve. I have told them that when the first atomic bomb is dropped here in America, that they are to go out there on the ranch and stay until it is over." This last seemed not only to be wise counsel, but also a prophecy." Published in the Improvement Era, Sept 1961, page 632

It didn't take much longer than a minute to type that! But there was another quote at about five minutes:

"Our world is in turmoil. It is aging toward senility. It is very ill... Modern prophets are warning frequently, constantly. People are destroyed by their own acts. A modern prophet said, 'There is one principle [that we should] understand - that is of blessings and cursings. For instance, we read that war, pestilence, plagues, famine, etc., will be visited upon the inhabitants of the earth, but if distress through the judgements of God comes upon this people it will be because the majority have turned away from the lord.' (Spencer W. Kimball, October 1961 General Conference)

And at about 10:50 the video shows D&C 38:29-30.

After typing in everything above this sentence I used a stopwatch and found that I could read it all in less than 40 seconds. I don't understand why some people think that we should spend over 11 minutes sitting through what can be read in less than a minute. But perhaps 'some people' isn't the right phrase; I find a lot of videos like this on YouTube.
Thanks for typing up the quotes. I'm on my phone and didn't want to be bothered to transcribe them or look up the references and copy/paste them.

I didn't mean to say there was only one quote in the entire video, but rather that there was only one quote of value that specifically deals with the subject of this thread - the possibility of nuclear war on/in America.

thisisspartaaa
captain of 100

Post by thisisspartaaa »

Cool. We need a new prophecy to replace GAS!

GAS is so 2016. JRC is in!

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

thisisspartaaa wrote:Cool. We need a new prophecy to replace GAS!

GAS is so 2016. JRC is in!
Count me in!! =))

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

You're in such a habit of mocking that you can't even stop when it's from church leaders in official forums? Here's some more from Elder McConkie, feel free to mock this, too:
It may be, for instance, that nothing except the power of faith and the authority of the priesthood can save individuals and congregations from the atomic holocausts that surely shall be. -- Apr 79 Gen Conf, "Stand Independent above All Other Creatures"
And more: http://scottwoodward.org/Talks/html/McC ... phets.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Let's suppose that these quotes are not just their opinions based upon the cold war era in which they lived (even ordained apostles have wrong opinions on things i.e. JSF said we'd never reach the moon) and that theses quotes are actual prophecy, so what? If it will be an atomic holocaust, were all dead anyway. There would be no mortals to live during the millennium and this we know to be false. During the millennium the worlds' greatest missionary effort that the world has ever known will occur. How can it occur is there are not LOTS of mortal people to teach and to learn the gospel?

In the 80's I thought that there would be a nuke holocaust because like David Horne, I was influenced by the time in which I was living. Now I am quite certain there won't be.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

DesertWonderer wrote:Let's suppose that these quotes are not just their opinions based upon the cold war era in which they lived (even ordained apostles have wrong opinions on things i.e. JSF said we'd never reach the moon) and that theses quotes are actual prophecy, so what? If it will be an atomic holocaust, were all dead anyway. There would be no mortals to live during the millennium and this we know to be false. During the millennium the worlds' greatest missionary effort that the world has ever known will occur. How can it occur is there are not LOTS of mortal people to teach and to learn the gospel?

In the 80's I thought that there would be a nuke holocaust because like David Horne, I was influenced by the time in which I was living. Now I am quite certain there won't be.
But the moon landing was a hoax, remember?

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

DesertWonderer wrote:Let's suppose that these quotes are not just their opinions based upon the cold war era in which they lived (even ordained apostles have wrong opinions on things i.e. JSF said we'd never reach the moon) and that theses quotes are actual prophecy, so what? If it will be an atomic holocaust, were all dead anyway. There would be no mortals to live during the millennium and this we know to be false. During the millennium the worlds' greatest missionary effort that the world has ever known will occur. How can it occur is there are not LOTS of mortal people to teach and to learn the gospel?

I get the impression you are focused on a 1970s era, all-out nuclear war where countries with nuclear weapons do everything in their power to destroy all other countries with nukes. I don't expect an all out missile launch by all countries. I expect that a stooge nation, most likely North Korea, may launch one or more ICBMs at the United States so their backers (China, maybe also Russia) have plausible deniability. Yesterday CNN reported an increase of activity at North Korea's nuclear facilities, and this morning they reported two ICBMs appeared to be readying for launch. Even just two Taepodong-3 or Rodong-C missiles with nuclear warheads would be devastating to the parts of the US that are hit, and if those missiles are equipped to deliver multiple impact reentry vehicles the damage would be far more widespread.

But I don't really expect an attack via ICBM or long range bomber. Twenty years ago GRU defector Oleg Gordievsky and former Russian National Security Adviser Aleksandr Lebed claimed that the Soviet Union had lost track of 100 or more small atomic detonation munitions (SADMs, suitcase nukes). Assembling SADMs would obviously also be a goal of Iran and North Korea, and it would probably be as difficult to import nukes to the US as it is to import cocaine. Therefore I expect the attacks to be prepositioned weapons. Get somebody with base access to park a car in the right spot at Hill could take out much of our F-22 inventory. An attack at Whiteman would eliminate the B-2 threat. One at MCAS Beaufort and another at MCAS Yuma would take out almost the entire Marine Corps fleet of F-35 fighters. A SADM going off in downtown Los Angeles or in Manhattan would cripple the US economy. The possibility is terrifying, and without a launch plume or radar detection of incoming objects nobody would know about an attack until it happens.

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

brianj wrote:

I get the impression you are focused on a 1970s era, all-out nuclear war where countries with nuclear weapons do everything in their power to destroy all other countries with nukes. I don't expect an all out missile launch by all countries. I expect that a stooge nation, most likely North Korea, may launch one or more ICBMs at the United States so their backers (China, maybe also Russia) have plausible deniability. Yesterday CNN reported an increase of activity at North Korea's nuclear facilities, and this morning they reported two ICBMs appeared to be readying for launch. Even just two Taepodong-3 or Rodong-C missiles with nuclear warheads would be devastating to the parts of the US that are hit, and if those missiles are equipped to deliver multiple impact reentry vehicles the damage would be far more widespread.

But I don't really expect an attack via ICBM or long range bomber. Twenty years ago GRU defector Oleg Gordievsky and former Russian National Security Adviser Aleksandr Lebed claimed that the Soviet Union had lost track of 100 or more small atomic detonation munitions (SADMs, suitcase nukes). Assembling SADMs would obviously also be a goal of Iran and North Korea, and it would probably be as difficult to import nukes to the US as it is to import cocaine. Therefore I expect the attacks to be prepositioned weapons. Get somebody with base access to park a car in the right spot at Hill could take out much of our F-22 inventory. An attack at Whiteman would eliminate the B-2 threat. One at MCAS Beaufort and another at MCAS Yuma would take out almost the entire Marine Corps fleet of F-35 fighters. A SADM going off in downtown Los Angeles or in Manhattan would cripple the US economy. The possibility is terrifying, and without a launch plume or radar detection of incoming objects nobody would know about an attack until it happens.
There are more than one report of personal revelations of a nuke going off at Hill. Even from Patriarch Wolfgramm. It is interesting that not one of these accounts talks about a missile, just the blast. I am pretty sure that Iran and or N. Korea have bought up some of these suitcase nukes. I am quite sure the Russians and possibly the Chinese have already pre-positioned some others in some locations in the U.S. and possibly other western countries. They will be used on smaller targets, leaving I.C.B.M.'s targeting larger cities.

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

LdsMarco wrote:Interesting quote by President Harold B. Lee regarding J. Reuben Clark. For any doubters here is the link: https://archive.org/stream/improvemente ... 1/mode/2up" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank's LdsMarco, a true voice of warning!

thisisspartaaa
captain of 100

Post by thisisspartaaa »

h_p wrote:You're in such a habit of mocking that you can't even stop when it's from church leaders in official forums? Here's some more from Elder McConkie, feel free to mock this, too:
It may be, for instance, that nothing except the power of faith and the authority of the priesthood can save individuals and congregations from the atomic holocausts that surely shall be. -- Apr 79 Gen Conf, "Stand Independent above All Other Creatures"
And more: http://scottwoodward.org/Talks/html/McC ... phets.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That is not what I am alluding to. It's the fake voice of warning from people like Kirtland who attach dates and times to these messages.

letsjet
captain of 100

Post by letsjet »

My Patriarchal Blessing says that I will be protected from the "great destruction" that will take place in the latter-days.

A few years ago I watched a BYU Idaho devotional about J. Reuben Clark where President Clark mentioned that he was happy that he paid of his mortgage on his farm in Grantsville and that now his children and grandchildren had a place to live where they would be safe from the judgments of God. I made a mental note of this. "Grantsville, Utah safe from the judgments of God." I then didn't think too much about it.

I worked at the Idaho National Laboratory at the time. There began to be talks about lay-offs. I had a bad feeling that I needed to move. Out of the blue my Bishop told me I needed to get another job. Shortly after that interview we got a new Bishop and the new Bishop told me the same thing. After that my "bad feeling" intensified!

The closest nuclear facility was Envirocare, now called Energy Solutions. I was surprised to see that the nearest town with the shortest commute was Grantsville, Utah and of course I remembered what President Clark said.

To make a long story short, it became clear that the Lord wanted me to move to Grantsville. I didn't want to. I love Idaho! The Salmon River, the Snake River, and the mountains are home to me. Utah is a miserable desert!

Moving here was all the Lord's idea not mine. One thing is clear to me, however. The people in Grantsville are exceptionally good people! I can see why Grantsville will be spared from God's judgments. It's because the people of Grantsville are a Zion people. The pure in heart live here and it's not just to members of the Church, the non-members are also very good people.

I still don't like Utah, but I know this is where I'm supposed to be. For what it's worth.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

letsjet wrote:My Patriarchal Blessing says that I will be protected from the "great destruction" that will take place in the latter-days.

A few years ago I watched a BYU Idaho devotional about J. Reuben Clark where President Clark mentioned that he was happy that he paid of his mortgage on his farm in Grantsville and that now his children and grandchildren had a place to live where they would be safe from the judgments of God. I made a mental note of this. "Grantsville, Utah safe from the judgments of God." I then didn't think too much about it.

I worked at the Idaho National Laboratory at the time. There began to be talks about lay-offs. I had a bad feeling that I needed to move. Out of the blue my Bishop told me I needed to get another job. Shortly after that interview we got a new Bishop and the new Bishop told me the same thing. After that my "bad feeling" intensified!

The closest nuclear facility was Envirocare, now called Energy Solutions. I was surprised to see that the nearest town with the shortest commute was Grantsville, Utah and of course I remembered what President Clark said.

To make a long story short, it became clear that the Lord wanted me to move to Grantsville. I didn't want to. I love Idaho! The Salmon River, the Snake River, and the mountains are home to me. Utah is a miserable desert!

Moving here was all the Lord's idea not mine. One thing is clear to me, however. The people in Grantsville are exceptionally good people! I can see why Grantsville will be spared from God's judgments. It's because the people of Grantsville are a Zion people. The pure in heart live here and it's not just to members of the Church, the non-members are also very good people.

I still don't like Utah, but I know this is where I'm supposed to be. For what it's worth.
Thanks for posting this. Recently I have been feeling that I need to move to the Wasatch Front region of Utah. Unfortunately I am currently unemployed and don't have the money to move on a whim, I don't have any family or friends in that area I could move in with, and at this time I feel trapped where I am. I have been praying for a job in my area that will allow me to pay the bills and save enough money to pay for the move when a job offer comes. What you wrote encourages me that a way will be provided for me to make this move.

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

I would truly like to help you Brianj , I feel you are trying to recover from lifes hard knocks, I live in idaho or you could stay here, (I have an extra apt.)start a go fund me page, I am sure there are those of us who would like to help, look into employment at the Church , what type of work do you do.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

letsjet wrote: I know this is where I'm supposed to be. For what it's worth.
There are many of us in that boat. I too am where the Lord wants me to be, on the west wide of the SL valley. There are many in my ward who would tell you the same thing were they members of the forum. Good people here and the surrounding wards as well.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

Yes, what type of work brianj? We can all keep an eye out for job openings.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Thanks Older/Wiser and Mirkwood. I have a computer science degree and a few years working in network and systems administration, and living in the Seattle area I haven't been able to understand why I have so much difficulty getting a job. But if Heavenly Father wants me in Utah then my inability to get a job makes perfect sense.

I saw a job for the church in Riverton that I strongly felt I needed to apply to, and I did, but I am told that they are very slow in their hiring process.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

brianj wrote:Thanks Older/Wiser and Mirkwood. I have a computer science degree and a few years working in network and systems administration, and living in the Seattle area I haven't been able to understand why I have so much difficulty getting a job. But if Heavenly Father wants me in Utah then my inability to get a job makes perfect sense.

I saw a job for the church in Riverton that I strongly felt I needed to apply to, and I did, but I am told that they are very slow in their hiring process.
My prayers for you and for your search for meaningful employment.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

LDS Physician wrote:
brianj wrote:Thanks Older/Wiser and Mirkwood. I have a computer science degree and a few years working in network and systems administration, and living in the Seattle area I haven't been able to understand why I have so much difficulty getting a job. But if Heavenly Father wants me in Utah then my inability to get a job makes perfect sense.

My prayers for you and for your search for meaningful employment.
Thank you very much. I was pleasantly surprised to receive a call from them yesterday. I have an initial interview scheduled tomorrow morning, and hopefully a job offer will quickly follow.

gungadin500
captain of 50

Post by gungadin500 »

If we were to set aside conjecture about whether statements by church leaders were made by way of opinion or prophecy, I'm unaware of any historical precedent for the idea that a weapon will not be used, or will not be used en masse. Without having researched it myself, I'd be willing to bet that there have been several generations through history that thought they had conceived and created a weapon of such destructive power that it would bring an end to all wars. Mankind has used every weapon it has ever created and I see no reason to believe that the pattern won't continue as nuclear technology continues to be included the arsenals of various nations. A nuclear holocaust might not occur on our soil but smart money would bet on multiple nukes being fired by different nations during our lifetime.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

^^^It is possible--no doubt. Maybe better questions would be 1) how likely is it to happen and 2) to what extent will it happen?

Todd
captain of 100

Post by Todd »

brianj wrote:

The 80's Wargames end-of-the-world scenario is unlikely. The most likely nuclear holocaust only involves 4 cheap scud missles launched off our coasts and denoted about 200 miles in the atmosphere before they are intercepted. If that happened we really would need the priesthood to survive the aftermath of the attack.