The Cold Hard Truth

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Zion2080
captain of 100

The Cold Hard Truth

Post by Zion2080 »

http://archive.sltrib.com/story.php?ref=/ci_2890645" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This shocking article tells us about how the Jehovah's Witnesses and the 7th Day Adventists are becoming huge and popular religions. No, I am not trying to insult the members. It saddens me to hear/read about this. It is estimated that only 41% of the church members are active which makes 6,410,021 active. there are supposed to be twice as many people in my ward. Talk about lost sheep. I guess millions more people need to be humbled through destruction...

Is almost everyone on Earth going to go tho the Telestial Kingdom? There are good people but most of them will go the the Terrestrial Kingdom? Could China and India finally accept the church and membership numbers would skyrocket?

the LDS Church "will soon achieve a worldwide following comparable to that of Islam, Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, and the other dominant world faiths."

yeah, in over 1,500 years. That's how long it took for Islam to reach 1 billion members... (again, not trying to offend the members)

Perhaps if the church hadn't been thrown into apostasy, the second coming would've happen decades ago.

"Many other groups, including the Adventists and Jehovah's Witnesses, have consistently achieved excellent convert retention rates in those cultures and societies. Latter-day Saints lose 70 to 80 percent of their converts, while Adventists retain 70 to 80 percent of theirs."

Nephi did say that the number of Saints would be few...

When is the separation of the wheat and tares going to happen? Because its about high time...
Last edited by Zion2080 on January 19th, 2017, 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KurtTheMormon
captain of 100

Re: The Cold Hard Truth

Post by KurtTheMormon »

It would be better to not attack other religions. I always don't like it when they attack ours in much the same way.

Spread kindness, not division. :)

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

It would also be nice if you took the time to learn about other religions before posting potentially false statements. JWs DO believe in our Savior. They have beliefs that are very different from our own, but how often have we heard Protestant ministers claim that the LDS church doesn't believe in Him whom our church is named after because we don't share all their beliefs?

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

brianj wrote:It would also be nice if you took the time to learn about other religions before posting potentially false statements. JWs DO believe in our Savior. They have beliefs that are very different from our own, but how often have we heard Protestant ministers claim that the LDS church doesn't believe in Him whom our church is named after because we don't share all their beliefs?

I've heard a few anti-Mormons say that we are just a big cult and we don't actually worship Christ.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Exactly. Therefore why should we say who is or isn't a Christian and criticize the beliefs of others? I have respect for JWs because they have a strong belief in practicing what they preach. Though I know faithful JWs will have a big surprise when they die, I believe they will be far better off and far more ready to accept the fullness of the gospel than those who say that all they need to do is believe and nothing else.

That being said, and not out of disrespect but an attitude of curiosity, I would one day like to see the reaction when a faithful JW dies and discovers that their spirit doesn't stop existing. I would also like to see how militant atheists react to discovering that they don't cease to exist at death.

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

Some things are just hard to do, and living truth is one of them. That's why many are called but few are chosen.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

The inhabitants of the telestial kingdom will be as numerable as the stars in heaven or the sands of the sea.

Don't forget, the millennium will be 1000 years of missionary and temple work. Also, those in the spirit world will still have a chance to accept the true gospel, even if they rejected it in this life.

God is merciful and just and His plan is perfect.