"The Kolob Theorem"

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Zion2080
captain of 100

"The Kolob Theorem"

Post by Zion2080 »

i just finished reading it and I can say that it was very cool. What was your favorite part of it? Mine was that the Milky Way Galaxy has three regions: Celestial, Terrestrial, and Telestial.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Re: "The Kolob Theorem"

Post by Alaris »

I don't know the book but this has been my stance for a long time. The bright center around which all else in the milkyway revolves? Both those facts indicate the largest star and brightest being reside. Outer darkness? That's pretty clear (and scary.) The war took place in terrestrial space imho.

My personal belief is there is more than one Son...perhaps each "arm" is a creation. This would explain how Fathers creations multiply. If you believe as I do the Holy Ghost is not a single person ....adds further weight tob there being space for multiple sons.

My father in law is a rocket scientist who put together a video on all the other galaxies we've seen. These are tiny windows through which the hubble telescope has seen glimpses of tons of galaxies...scientists extrapolate based off these glimpses. He believes its all Jesus' creation. I believe each galaxy is a God.

Different
captain of 100

Post by Different »

alaris wrote:I don't know the book but this has been my stance for a long time. The bright center around which all else in the milkyway revolves? Both those facts indicate the largest star and brightest being reside. Outer darkness? That's pretty clear (and scary.) The war took place in terrestrial space imho.

My personal belief is there is more than one Son...perhaps each "arm" is a creation. This would explain how Fathers creations multiply. If you believe as I do the Holy Ghost is not a single person ....adds further weight tob there being space for multiple sons.

My father in law is a rocket scientist who put together a video on all the other galaxies we've seen. These are tiny windows through which the hubble telescope has seen glimpses of tons of galaxies...scientists extrapolate based off these glimpses. He believes its all Jesus' creation. I believe each galaxy is a God.

Oh boy...

Spider
captain of 100

Post by Spider »

I really liked this book. I hadn't put much thought into where God resides and worlds moving from their earthly realm. It was a totally new theory to me and I enjoyed the entire book.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Different wrote:
alaris wrote:I don't know the book but this has been my stance for a long time. The bright center around which all else in the milkyway revolves? Both those facts indicate the largest star and brightest being reside. Outer darkness? That's pretty clear (and scary.) The war took place in terrestrial space imho.

Oh boy...
Since tone is hard to convey I'll assume that's "oh boy oh boy awesome!" Because that's what my intelligent thoughts are!:) I do not have any pride married to these theories but I do enjoy thinking about these things.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

I have many issues with that book, both theological and scientific. I once started to write a response to it, but then got tired with it. I try to see if I can find it. If I try to find something positive about it, I like it how many have begin to understand how big the universe is and feel the awe.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I read the book a while ago.
Thought it was dreadful.
Really, really poor.

Different
captain of 100

Post by Different »

alaris wrote:
Different wrote:

Oh boy...
Since tone is hard to convey I'll assume that's "oh boy oh boy awesome!" Because that's what my intelligent thoughts are!:) I do not have any pride married to these theories but I do enjoy thinking about these things.
Not awesome

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Different wrote:
alaris wrote:
Different wrote:

Oh boy...
Not awesome
Well not thanks for your destructive feedback. How about you add a constructive & respectful alternate viewpoint rather than a rude comment. Would you like someone to go through your comments with sass? These are lds forums where people should be free to share their personal theories and pearls and not be disrespected. This is certainly not the place for trolling people's personal beliefs.

Different
captain of 100

Post by Different »

alaris wrote:
Different wrote:
alaris wrote:
Different wrote:

Oh boy...
Not awesome
Well not thanks for your destructive feedback. How about you add a constructive & respectful alternate viewpoint rather than a rude comment. Would you like someone to go through your comments with sass? These are lds forums where people should be free to share their personal theories and pearls and not be disrespected. This is certainly not the place for trolling people's personal beliefs.
#Triggered

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Different wrote:
alaris wrote:
Different wrote:
alaris wrote:
Not awesome
#Triggered
*Judgement bar* "Well 'Different.' You led a good life. You were a good person ... except that time you trolled Alaris in the ldsfreedomforum. He shared something personal that he was hoping that would trigger an intellectual and spiritual discussion regarding the forum topic and instead all he received was one-two word troll bombs from you. Your eternal punishment is to spend eternity with *this woman*"

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

http://quantumleap42.blogspot.com/2010/ ... eorem.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bottom Line: Don't wast your time.

Deb1961
captain of 10

Post by Deb1961 »

I thought it was interesting but how to you explain this galaxy, NGC 5128.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyqtTSgMKvw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Deb1961 wrote:I thought it was interesting but how to you explain this galaxy, NGC 5128.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyqtTSgMKvw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Work in Progress maybe? Or perhaps the rebellion won in that galaxy?

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

What about over-lapping or colliding galaxies? Not that we will be around when it happens...

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

rewcox wrote:What about over-lapping or colliding galaxies? Not that we will be around when it happens...
That's a great question. I've heard that scientific "fact" recently that our galaxy and andromeda will collide in a few billion years:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andromeda ... _collision

I take that prediction with a huge grain of salt. Science admits that our understanding of the universe is infantile; moreover, keep in mind that science does not take into consideration that there is a man behind the steering wheel of these galaxies. :) :)

"Go that way ...really slow ... if a galaxy gets in your way ... turn."

Todd
captain of 100

Post by Todd »

How does this square with the notion that there is a super black hole at the center of every galaxy? Wouldn't a black hole be a better candidate for outer darkness?

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

Todd wrote:How does this square with the notion that there is a super black hole at the center of every galaxy? Wouldn't a black hole be a better candidate for outer darkness?
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=21475&start=150#p547564" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Todd wrote:How does this square with the notion that there is a super black hole at the center of every galaxy? Wouldn't a black hole be a better candidate for outer darkness?
Black holes are made up and there is zero evidence that they exist. Gravity alone cannot hold everything together mathematically so the atheists made them up along with dark matter. How convenient that by their nature you can't see these blackhokes or dark matter but we are supposed to believe they are there. Maybe we should start calling black holes, the Gods of science.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

I haven't reread Kolob Theorem or the notes I made when I first read it, so I will not comment on its scientific content at this point.
A question I would like to rise is: Does God reside in the observable universe?
This is crucial for the book since it places the celestial kingdom in the center of the galaxy. I do not have an answer to this question. However, I would like to point out that since we believe in the spirit world, which is not scientifically observable, it is not a stretch to believe that God's abode is not in the reach of observations (or in the universe as we know it).

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

inho wrote:I haven't reread Kolob Theorem or the notes I made when I first read it, so I will not comment on its scientific content at this point.
This is crucial for the book since it places the celestial kingdom in the center of the galaxy. I do not have an answer to this question. However, I would like to point out that since we believe in the spirit world, which is not scientifically observable, it is not a stretch to believe that God's abode is not in the reach of observations (or in the universe as we know it).

i'm thinking the same thing. Mabye God might not even live i this universe. He would live beyond time...

Dlight
captain of 100

Post by Dlight »

Never read the book, but interesting to think about.

When i die I'm sure I'll find out how it all works, but I have often thought that maybe each galaxy represents a unique creation from a unique god our maybe a unique kingdom. I've even wondered if some galaxies are in a state of war based on their pictures, or wondered if the rulling factions of each galaxy are good or bad.

Another idea that I often consider is based on the science of alternate or even higher dimensions. our entire observable third dimension is probably terrestrial in nature and just the proving ground for souls. I feel that other higher dimensions do exist and that is where our souls go when we die, to a higher more refined vibrational state....and that the higher kingdoms also reside there and therefore they aren't able to be observed at all by us at all with our current technology. After all Joseph taught that it's "all matter, only more refined"

no way to know, and even if I met Jesus today it wouldnt be my first question by a long shot, but interesting to consider.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Dlight wrote:Never read the book, but interesting to think about.

When i die I'm sure I'll find out how it all works, but I have often thought that maybe each galaxy represents a unique creation from a unique god our maybe a unique kingdom. I've even wondered if some galaxies are in a state of war based on their pictures, or wondered if the rulling factions of each galaxy are good or bad.

Another idea that I often consider is based on the science of alternate or even higher dimensions. our entire observable third dimension is probably terrestrial in nature and just the proving ground for souls. I feel that other higher dimensions do exist and that is where our souls go when we die, to a higher more refined vibrational state....and that the higher kingdoms also reside there and therefore they aren't able to be observed at all by us at all with our current technology. After all Joseph taught that it's "all matter, only more refined"

no way to know, and even if I met Jesus today it wouldnt be my first question by a long shot, but interesting to consider.
Maybe that's what dark matter is. =O Scientists claim its there but it is unobservable <-- apparently that's not a word.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

I read the book years ago and enjoyed it, it was a book that makes you think, expands the mind, which I enjoy.

I think God lives in our same universe, but in a different dimension, so yes, if we were to enter his dimension, then we'd be in an observable universe.

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

inho wrote:I haven't reread Kolob Theorem or the notes I made when I first read it, so I will not comment on its scientific content at this point.
I don't believe G_d does reside in the observable universe, I've had experiences that tend to make me think otherwise. First go back to the creation Abraham 4:4 And they (the Gods) comprehended the light, for it was bright; and they divided the Light, or caused it to be divided, from the darkness. Then you have waters divided by an expanse the Gods call the expanse Heaven. They then place the planet's in the Heavens for signs. At what point do they tell us they mixed the light and darkness together ,they don't there is an entire separation of light and darkness with the heavens in between. A place of outer darkness, a place of total light, the Heavens divide the light from the darkness as a sign , all that goes on in the expanse has nothing to do with the original dividing. I at one time had a dream were I saw the heavens tare , like a veil I saw beyond and it was total light and my understanding of the creation changed. Study the creation those are the words of truth and will enlighten ones mind. If I could draw a picture here I could share my understanding, anyway just my 2cents worth.