And the Moon Shall Turn to Blood

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

And the Moon Shall Turn to Blood

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

This man has a very interesting and different approach on ancient prophecy and what it means for us today. He claims that the End is not near. I disagree with him, but he has some very interesting arguments on symbolism and iconography and the origin of all religion.
Personally, I agree with almost everything he says, except that I think the end is indeed near.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqT1PTtQnO0&t=41s

From my own study of the Bible and Revelation, Cleon Skousen, etc, I estimate that the calamity of the end times, if indeed it lasts 3.5 years, would need to begin before May 2017, or else my own theory and understanding will need to be questioned and more questions to be answered.

One possible catalyst for the end, as referenced in many of the dreams I have had over the past year, is a star in the southwest sky that is absolutely not Venus.

If you want any further explaination of my theories just ask, but this post is primarily about the ancient "throne of god" symbolism.

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Re: And the Moon Shall Turn to Blood

Post by Older/wiser? »

Have his book, read his book ,have no problem with his observations, I think he is looking at the physical and cataclysmic explanations and missing the story that is being told in Revelations. I like the book Gospel Symbolism by Joseph Fielding McConkie, when I first started seeing and understanding some of the layers of symbolism, I would think could that be right? The above book has a Glossary of Symbols at the back and I could check and see yes that is exactly what it means , I work on the assumption that no one believes the moon will turn to Blood but have the appearance through the atmosphere of a blood red hew. He doesn't touch on the spiritual symbolism. I give it an interesting read 3.5 stars

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

I'm really enjoying Elder Larson's lectures on youtube. Thanks for directing me to his videos, HT36. Good meaty stuff!

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Whether symbolic or real, his theory is interesting and I believe shows merit. Considering this "The Moon Shall Turn to Blood" according to President Hinckley it has been fulfilled. From his October 2001 Saturday morning session talk (the day before we invaded Iraq) he stated:

"The era in which we live is the fulness of times spoken of in the scriptures, when God has brought together all of the elements of previous dispensations. From the day that He and His Beloved Son manifested themselves to the boy Joseph, there has been a tremendous cascade of enlightenment poured out upon the world. The hearts of men have turned to their fathers in fulfillment of the words of Malachi. The vision of Joel has been fulfilled wherein he declared:

“And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

“And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

“And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

“The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come.

“And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call” (Joel 2:28–32)."

Perhaps it has happened "metaphorically" speaking. Until our modern day prophets explain this, I will take it at face value as being fulfilled

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

I don't agree with everything Mr Larsen tells us, but his main premise is really good and aligns with all ancient symbolism. Especially Egyptian symbolism, which is where Abraham comes from.

jonnyp117
Hi, I'm new.

Post by jonnyp117 »

Sorry, not to be a party pooper but we did not "invade" Iraq in 2001. We didn't sent troops back into Iraq until 2003.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

I listened to the whole hour and kept waiting and waiting and waiting for him to tell me what his theory is but basically it all comes down to "got to read the book to find out"...which sort of annoyed me.

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

Mr. Larsens book seems to be more of Dr. Velikovsky's quoted work than his own . He also seems bias towards the cataclysmic as a source and explanation for everything that is to unfold. Comments like John uses the metaphor of the "beast" to explain that those who have the "mark of the beast" (the red dust or ash)will be afflicted by this plague, same as the children of Egypt which were boils from ash, yet he did not tie it in with" no man shall buy or sell save He had the mark of the beast", this seems more economic than cataclysmic. Pgs. 74 He states that all existing societies, organizations, and governments will be dismantled by these cataclysmic events. yet there must be organized governments to have a military so massive that Jerusalem is under siege about to be destroyed as the Lord descends and saves the remainder of His people. So I find his book good with many cosmic truths and explanations from Dr. Velikovskys original work. There are also other interpretations for the symbolism , he deals with one type.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Hivetyrant36 wrote:This man has a very interesting and different approach on ancient prophecy and what it means for us today. He claims that the End is not near. I disagree with him, but he has some very interesting arguments on symbolism and iconography and the origin of all religion.
Personally, I agree with almost everything he says, except that I think the end is indeed near.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqT1PTtQnO0&t=41s

From my own study of the Bible and Revelation, Cleon Skousen, etc, I estimate that the calamity of the end times, if indeed it lasts 3.5 years, would need to begin before May 2017, or else my own theory and understanding will need to be questioned and more questions to be answered.

One possible catalyst for the end, as referenced in many of the dreams I have had over the past year, is a star in the southwest sky that is absolutely not Venus.

If you want any further explaination of my theories just ask, but this post is primarily about the ancient "throne of god" symbolism.
psssst...a little hint. the 3 1/2 years, 7 years to which you allude are not to be taken literally--they are symbolic too. Understand what those numbers mean and you will get a better understanding of what John was telling us.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Exactly.

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

So far all I have read deals with the physical aspect of the "moon turning to blood", know one has stated what the moon symbolizes in a spiritual sense, We all must have thoughts on this, what do you think it symbolizes?

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

kittycat51 wrote:Whether symbolic or real, his theory is interesting and I believe shows merit. Considering this "The Moon Shall Turn to Blood" according to President Hinckley it has been fulfilled. From his October 2001 Saturday morning session talk (the day before we invaded Iraq) he stated:

"The era in which we live is the fulness of times spoken of in the scriptures, when God has brought together all of the elements of previous dispensations. From the day that He and His Beloved Son manifested themselves to the boy Joseph, there has been a tremendous cascade of enlightenment poured out upon the world. The hearts of men have turned to their fathers in fulfillment of the words of Malachi. The vision of Joel has been fulfilled wherein he declared:

“And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

“And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

“And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

“The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come.

“And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call” (Joel 2:28–32)."

Perhaps it has happened "metaphorically" speaking. Until our modern day prophets explain this, I will take it at face value as being fulfilled
Indeed President Hinckley said that the prophecy of Joel had been fulfilled. I remember listening to that talk live. The moon has turned red multiple times even in recent years so anyone of them could have been the sign.