How long will you think it will take to build New Jerusalem?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Zion2080
captain of 100

How long will you think it will take to build New Jerusalem?

Post by Zion2080 »

It took 40 years to build the Salt Lake City Temple. Could it take 40 years to build the temple of New Jerusalem. I think we'll be using modern-day tools and when Christ comes again he will destroy them. Could it take less than 40 years to build the temple? And the theories on that the 7th seal will open in 2033 are crazy. That's too soon...

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Re: How long will you think it will take to build New Jerusalem?

Post by Matchmaker »

I read somewhere that the New Jerusalem will be coming down from the sky (or from another dimension), sort of like what is going to happen with the return of the City of Enoch. I don't know where I read it, so I can't substantiate it. If that does happen, it won't take long to finish building it at all.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

Matchmaker wrote:I read somewhere that the New Jerusalem will be coming down from the sky (or from another dimension), sort of like what is going to happen with the return of the City of Enoch. I don't know where I read it, so I can't substantiate it. If that does happen, it won't take long to finish building it at all.

I thought the Saints, Lamanites, and righteous Gentiles would build the temple.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Zion2080 wrote:
Matchmaker wrote:I read somewhere that the New Jerusalem will be coming down from the sky (or from another dimension), sort of like what is going to happen with the return of the City of Enoch. I don't know where I read it, so I can't substantiate it. If that does happen, it won't take long to finish building it at all.

I thought the Saints, Lamanites, and righteous Gentiles would build the temple.
Could be.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

I sincerely doubt it will take that long to build the temple. People on both sides of the veil will be working hard so it will appear that superhuman effort is being put into it, and I would be surprised if it takes three years to build the entire thing.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

The New Jerusalem will probably be continuously expanded throughout the 1000 year millennial reign just like any other city.