for all of u GAS lovers out there ;-)

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
davedan
captain of 1,000

Re: for all of u GAS lovers out there ;-)

Post by davedan »

I grew up knowing David Horne and his family. David Horne was an Engineer at HAFB and is friends with my Father. The Hornes live in the same LDS Stake as my parents (Monument Park). I was classmates with his daughter Heather, and my father, brothers, and I participated with him in the same HAM Radio clubs. He was my personal tutor and examiner when I was HAM radio certified. He attended my wedding and the weddings of all my siblings. I have been in his home several times and I have exchanged several emails and phonecalls over the years discussing HAM Radio (MARS) and other things. I've been living in Georgia for 11 years, so I don't see him often. I did not know about the GAS vision until 5 years ago. I have since emailed him and he has verified and stands behind the account.

David Horne was involved in several HAM Radio volunteer groups like ARES, MARA, and Air Force MARS. Because he worked at HAFB, he started a AF MARS group in Salt Lake. It was a small group which included my father and sibblings. My MARS call sign is AFA5KN. The benefit of MARS was exellent practice passing messages via HAM radio which many other groups talk about but rarely do. Also, extra frequencies and repeaters not available to regular HAM radio. But most of all, MARS members had access to free very old decommissioned, military electronics and radio gear to be used for MARS and not for sale.

David Horne was always a pepper, even in the 80's before it was popular. I think some of his prepping likely led to a house fire about 10 years ago. My dad was there to help out when it happened. Bro. Horne wanted my Dad and I to have older tube-based radios in case of EMP by Russia, and he worked to get 3 very nice Collins KWM2's for my Dad, myself, and my sibblings. HAM Radio can be very expensive, and we had very little money, and access to free or cheap equipment was the only way our family could afford to participate in the hobby.

David Horne to my knowledge never discussed the GAS vision in any public setting. My Dad was aware of it. But having attended many Stake Emergency Prep meetings and MARS and ARES meeetings, I never heard Bro. Horne mention it until I read the account 5 years ago on-line. Bro. Horne never wrote a book, went on the radio or held a fireside discussing GAS vision. He never sold his MARS gear for money and was upset with me when I confessed to him that I sold my Collins Radio years ago so I could buy an ICOM (way easier to operate).

What I'm trying to say is, that I think David Horne really had an experience with GAS. I think Bro. Horne believes he is telling the truth. He has acted his whole life in a consistent manner with regard to the experience. Maybe not correctly, but consistently. I can't say that he could possibly remember everything correctly, but I would be very surprised if it was discovered that he made it all up.

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

davedan wrote:I grew up knowing David Horne and his family. David Horne was an Engineer at HAFB and is friends with my Father. The Hornes live in the same LDS Stake as my parents (Monument Park). I was classmates with his daughter Heather, and my father, brothers, and I participated with him in the same HAM Radio clubs. He was my personal tutor and examiner when I was HAM radio certified. He attended my wedding and the weddings of all my siblings. I have been in his home several times and I have exchanged several emails and phonecalls over the years discussing HAM Radio (MARS) and other things. I've been living in Georgia for 11 years, so I don't see him often. I did not know about the GAS vision until 5 years ago. I have since emailed him and he has verified and stands behind the account.

David Horne was involved in several HAM Radio volunteer groups like ARES, MARA, and Air Force MARS. Because he worked at HAFB, he started a AF MARS group in Salt Lake. It was a small group which included my father and sibblings. My MARS call sign is AFA5KN. The benefit of MARS was exellent practice passing messages via HAM radio which many other groups talk about but rarely do. Also, extra frequencies and repeaters not available to regular HAM radio. But most of all, MARS members had access to free very old decommissioned, military electronics and radio gear to be used for MARS and not for sale.

David Horne was always a pepper, even in the 80's before it was popular. I think some of his prepping likely led to a house fire about 10 years ago. My dad was there to help out when it happened. Bro. Horne wanted my Dad and I to have older tube-based radios in case of EMP by Russia, and he worked to get 3 very nice Collins KWM2's for my Dad, myself, and my sibblings. HAM Radio can be very expensive, and we had very little money, and access to free or cheap equipment was the only way our family could afford to participate in the hobby.

David Horne to my knowledge never discussed the GAS vision in any public setting. My Dad was aware of it. But having attended many Stake Emergency Prep meetings and MARS and ARES meeetings, I never heard Bro. Horne mention it until I read the account 5 years ago on-line. Bro. Horne never wrote a book, went on the radio or held a fireside discussing GAS vision. He never sold his MARS gear for money and was upset with me when I confessed to him that I sold my Collins Radio years ago so I could buy an ICOM (way easier to operate).

What I'm trying to say is, that I think David Horne really had an experience with GAS. I think Bro. Horne believes he is telling the truth. He has acted his whole life in a consistent manner with regard to the experience. Maybe not correctly, but consistently. I can't say that he could possibly remember everything correctly, but I would be very surprised if it was discovered that he made it all up.
hi, thanks for sharing this.
I have to admit that im not only intrigued by GAS prophecy, but count myself as one of the 'believers' of this particular prophecy. Having said that, the only problem I have, is correlating the prophecy with my findings from scripture study(flawed most likely so not a big deal lol).
If king of Assyria/North is to invade the promised land as prophesied by Isaiah(Gileadi and others agree...) , he does so after the child(revelation 12, isaiah 66) is born. the child(davidic servant/also kingdom) is prophesied to come by daniel.Daniel 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.Val brinkerhoff pointed out that the command to restore and build Jerusalem happened during the Battle for Jerusalem which happened late 1947 to May 1948. so ... 1948+69=2017 that puts us roundabout Sept/Oct next year which is also when Jupiter and Spica become conjunct and the sign of Revelation 12 is fulfilled in the skies(yes, yes I know Robin my mucker, its all hocus pocus lol...try telling Abraham and Enoch that ;-) ).Then, the flood(Revelation 12 and Isaiah 8) that represents Assyrian army has to be sent after the woman gives birth-so, actual invasion should be right after september 2017. Yet, she flees into wilderness-so, by Oct 2017 promised land(or at least part of it) has to become wilderness.
...confused yet?...I know GAS mentions initial attack, marshall law etc. It all has to begin somehow before 20th of Jan and the inauguration, but would continue till the invasion in Oct 2017. Does it make sense? and if not, where do I go wrong? thanx

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Spider wrote:I can barely remember anything from when I was 11 years old. I don't know how any 11 year old could remember a story in such detail many years later.
It is a common fallacy to think of ourselves as typical of everyone else. I know people who, like you, have difficulty even remembering when they were old enough to be ordained a deacon. I know one person who claims to have clear memories from their toddler years.

My family moved to the Chicago area when I was five, moving away three years later. The last time I was there I clearly remembered specific cracks in the driveway concrete, the exact route to the elementary school I attended, accurate details of the inside of that school, the house my best friend lived in, and the route to a nearby convenience store I used to ride my bike to for candy.
I recall a school field trip to a marsh. I recall at least two activities with the YMCA Indian Guides. I recall my grandparents' basement. I recall one family trip to Louisiana to visit my mother's parents, where we put bicycles on a rack. My father stopped a couple blocks short of their house and my brother and I rode that last little bit, then tried convincing my grandparents that we had ridden all the way there.

As fun as the trip down memory lane is, the point is that some of us can recall earlier events than others. I believe I have continuous memory from sometime before my 8th birthday, therefor I don't have any doubt that it is possible for Brother Horne to clearly recall the details of something he heard.

Merriner
captain of 50

Post by Merriner »

Just google "greek fraternities" or "why blacks call themselves greeks". Black people call themselves greek because they want to lay claim to history and mythology of the greeks. Martin Luther King considered himself and his pals greeks. They lay claim to greek wisdom and philosophy this way and puff themselves up. Reverend Right and Jesse Jackson would consider themselves Greek and so would Obama. They all come from the same mold.

Spider
captain of 100

Post by Spider »

davedan wrote:I grew up knowing David Horne and his family. David Horne was an Engineer at HAFB and is friends with my Father. The Hornes live in the same LDS Stake as my parents (Monument Park). I was classmates with his daughter Heather, and my father, brothers, and I participated with him in the same HAM Radio clubs. He was my personal tutor and examiner when I was HAM radio certified. He attended my wedding and the weddings of all my siblings. I have been in his home several times and I have exchanged several emails and phonecalls over the years discussing HAM Radio (MARS) and other things. I've been living in Georgia for 11 years, so I don't see him often. I did not know about the GAS vision until 5 years ago. I have since emailed him and he has verified and stands behind the account.

Thanks for sharing.

ladyliberty
captain of 10

Post by ladyliberty »

I am a little skeptical of this prophesy, the reason being, why didn't GAS record the prophesy in his journal? If you had such a dream wouldn't you record it in writing while it was fresh in your mind. I would. Since we know Obama is not of "Greek extraction" as it states, maybe the word extraction was not used by GAS, but a "Greek". Let's say Bro. Horne got it a little wrong by using the word extraction thinking GAS meant a ethinic/racial meaning instead of a slur used for " Uncle Toms/traitors in the black community.

I googled the term " black Greek"' and found several You-Tube videos that talk about college educated blacks who join fraternities/sororities and pledge to the Greek ones. Found that those who desire to be wealthy are said to have joined the
Boule Society ( a secret society) which the blacks say is the Blacks version of skull and bones. This Boule Society is of course
critized by the black community because they only desire wealth for themselves without helping the poor.
Here are two titles of the videos recommended to get started. The 1st one is ok, but the 2nd one has a f-bomb in it.
2nd one is a song that is titled. " A Greek is a Fraud" which makes a good point that a "Greek" is basically a "fraud".
You-Tube:

Why do black people want to pledge and call themselves Greeks?

Steve Cokely and Bobby Hemmitt- A Greek is a Fraud (Boule House Party)

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

According to my previous boss who is African American, the Boule Society is real.

stephenj
captain of 10

Post by stephenj »

Isn't Bro. Horne dead? Some people have mentioned that they want an update from him but I heard that he had died a while ago.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

stephenj wrote:Isn't Bro. Horne dead? Some people have mentioned that they want an update from him but I heard that he had died a while ago.
Bro. Horne is not dead but according to my dad, he has developed dementia.

stephenj
captain of 10

Post by stephenj »

davedan wrote:
stephenj wrote:Isn't Bro. Horne dead? Some people have mentioned that they want an update from him but I heard that he had died a while ago.
There are varying levels of dementia. How bad is it? Im sure people have tried to contact him many times over the years but could he be reached for comment? Does he have family members that perhaps have had discussions with him on the GAS Prophecy?

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

stephenj wrote:
davedan wrote:
There are varying levels of dementia. How bad is it? Im sure people have tried to contact him many times over the years but could he be reached for comment? Does he have family members that perhaps have had discussions with him on the GAS Prophecy?
Don't you think it might be best for this thing to die off? I think it would be very bad to try to get others to give their 'remembrances' and muddy the waters even further. They can't save it, the facts of the original version are there and cannot be undone, because any changes made to it only weakens it's credibility even more. We already have one version of this story that is an outright falsehood, designed to prop up fundamentalism.

stephenj
captain of 10

Post by stephenj »

Don't you think it might be best for this thing to die off? I think it would be very bad to try to get others to give their 'remembrances' and muddy the waters even further. They can't save it, the facts of the original version are there and cannot be undone, because any changes made to it only weakens it's credibility even more. We already have one version of this story that is an outright falsehood, designed to prop up fundamentalism.
I think you missed the point. I agree that its false. That is exactly why I would like to get a comment.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

paulrobots wrote:
AlbertaBronco wrote:
paulrobots wrote:
DesertWonderer wrote:Less than 1 week away from BHO not giving up his power and declaring martial law--I can't wait! :ymparty:
Even if what you think will happen happens, it will still take weeks or months for it to get bad enough to declare martial law. And JS said the US would be left without a supreme government, which means even if they deny Trump the presidency, it won't go to obama or hillary either. And JS also said that CWII starts in chicago because of the economy.

Anyway, definetly exciting times we are living in. Keep your powder dry.
That is if that prophecy is accurate. I question the validity of all of those 3rd party prophecies.
As far as GAS goes, it's now or never. We are only days or weeks away from knowing. If Trump is inaugurated and nothing else exciting happens, we will know it was either a false memory or an outright made up story to claim 15 minutes of fame in LDS church circles. Stay tuned and buckle up, just in case.

it's never gonna happen...

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

World War III could begin in 2019 and go into 2025, for all that I know of.
Last edited by Zion2080 on January 17th, 2017, 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todd
captain of 100

Post by Todd »

Zion2080 wrote:World War II could begin in 2019 and go into 2025, for all that I know of.
I thought WWII started in September of 1939.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

Todd wrote:
Zion2080 wrote:World War II could begin in 2019 and go into 2025, for all that I know of.
I thought WWII started in September of 1939.

Oops. Haha.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Zion2080 wrote:World War III could begin in 2019 and go into 2025, for all that I know of.
That would be awesome. I always wondered what it was like to go through the World Wars. I think it is now our time in the name of Equality.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Although blacks may have referred to themselves as Greek and Obama is black...it doesn't mean that he is the president mentioned in the GAS prophecy. There could be another "greek" president in the future...

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

LDS Physician wrote:Although blacks may have referred to themselves as Greek and Obama is black...it doesn't mean that he is the president mentioned in the GAS prophecy. There could be another "greek" president in the future...
And what does it matter if there is another greek president when David Horne said that 'greek' was a mistake? Why are people trying to massage the prophecy to make it fit, regarding the 'greek' thing when that's not even relevant?

David Horne changed that years ago. He said Pres. Smith said a president of 'non european ancestry', therefore, if people think the prophecy is valid and real, then they will forget all about the earlier greek reference since it's been disavowed.

Facts are facts people. If you are going to put any stock in this prophecy, then you need to have confidence in David Horne, who is THE only source. If he says that 'greek' was wrong, then it's wrong--you all don't get to hold out for a 'greek' president, because the SOURCE has said it was wrong. Horne said it would be a person of 'non european ancestry' and that up to that time, everyone who served as president would be of 'european ancestry'.