Nations are turning against Israel

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
onefour1
captain of 1,000

Nations are turning against Israel

Post by onefour1 »

On December 1, 2016 the UN passes resolutions to divide Israel and Jerusalem. Check out these videos:
Will Barack Obama support a UN Security Counsel resolution to solidify the UN's plan to divide Israel?
Last edited by onefour1 on January 1st, 2017, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Re: Nations are turning against Israel

Post by Sunain »

Unesco passes contentious Jerusalem resolution
The United Nations cultural agency has adopted a controversial resolution which makes no reference to Jewish ties to a key holy site in Jerusalem.

Unesco's executive board approved the Arab-sponsored resolution, which repeatedly refers to only the Islamic name for a hilltop complex which is also the holiest site in Judaism.

The site is known to Jews as the Temple Mount and Haram al-Sharif to Muslims.

The resolution caused Israel to freeze co-operation with Unesco last week.

The stated aim of the text was "the safeguarding of the cultural heritage of Palestine and the distinctive character of East Jerusalem".

It criticises Israel's activities at holy places in Jerusalem and the occupied West Bank.
'Playing games'

But it is how it refers to the sites which prompted Israel to act against the cultural body.

While acknowledging the "importance of the Old City of Jerusalem and its walls for the three monotheistic religions", the document refers to the sacred hilltop only by the name "al-Aqsa Mosque/al-Haram al-Sharif" (Noble Sanctuary).

It is the location of two Biblical Jewish temples and is flanked by the Western Wall, venerated by Jews as part of the original supporting wall of the temple compound.

Haram al-Sharif is also the place where Muslims believe the Prophet Muhammad ascended to Heaven, and is the third holiest site in Islam.

The draft refers to the precinct in front of the wall as "al-Buraq Plaza 'Western Wall Plaza'" - placing single quote marks only around "Western Wall", giving the name as it is known to Jews less weight than the one by which it is known to Muslims.

Unesco's executive board chairman Michael Worbs said on Friday he would have liked more time to work out a compromise.

He told Israeli television network Channel 10: "It's very exceptional what happened yesterday, and I'm sorry for that."

On Tuesday, Israel's Unesco ambassador, Carmel Shama Hacohen, accused the Palestinians of playing "games".

"This is the wrong place to solve problems between countries or people," he told AFP.

But Palestine's deputy ambassador to Unesco, Mounir Anastas, welcomed the adoption of the resolution, saying he hoped it would put pressure on the Israeli authorities to "stop all their violations", particularly the excavation of sites in and around the Old City.

The resolution repeatedly denounced Israeli actions, including the use of force, imposition of restrictions on Muslim worshippers and archaeological work. Israel regards such criticism as politically motivated.
'Delusional decision'

It led Israeli Education Minister Naftali Bennett to say Unesco was ignoring "thousands of years of Jewish ties to Jerusalem" and aiding "Islamist terror".

Unesco chief Irina Bokova also criticised the draft resolution, saying "different peoples worship the same places, sometimes under different names. The recognition, use of and respect for these names is paramount".

However, Mr Bennett said Ms Bokova's statement was insufficient. "Words are important, but they are not a replacement to the actions of the organisation she heads," he said.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in a Facebook post that Unesco had become a "theatre of the absurd" in taking "another delusional decision".

"To say that Israel has no connection to the Temple Mount and the Western Wall is like saying that China has no connection to the Great Wall of China or that Egypt has no connection to the pyramids. By this absurd decision, Unesco has lost what little legitimacy it had left."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-37697108" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I actually hope Trump moves the US embassy to Jerusalem. That might cool things down for a bit.

dlbww
captain of 100

Post by dlbww »

onefour1 wrote:On December 1, 2016 the UN passes resolutions to divide Israel and Jerusalem. Check out these videos:
Will Barack Obama support a UN Security Counsel resolution to solidify the UN's plan to divide Israel?
I snipped a couple of the videos for space .....
Perhaps yes if this Israeli boy's NDE is accurate (Jewish Teen Sees Israel's Future): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xne3mzRfVA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Note: He says Obama is Gog, that the whole world comes against Israel (the UN?), Gog dies in Israel, etc. quite interesting.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Canada and the United States voted against it and were 2 of the 7 countries that voted against the UN resolution so at least God won't smite us this month! :D I wouldn't want to be in any of those 153 other countries though...
Last edited by Sunain on December 23rd, 2016, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Nations have been turning against Israel since before their founding in 1948. Settlers migrating there had to fight the British in addition to the Palestinians. I will worry when I see sanctions and open hostility toward Israel.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

While I feel I the need to be supportive of the people in Israel, and pray that the Savior will someday soon stand again on Mount Olivet saving the remnant still alive at that time, there are a lot of issues internal to the modern Israeli state. If they were lily white and really good neighbors, they might not have so many troubles.

In the last couple of years the thing that bothers me the most about Israel is the lack of ISIS attacks within their borders. Why is the most virulent form of Islamic extremism not attacking the "real enemy" of Muslims? There have also been reports of wounded ISIS fighters being evacuated to Israel for treatment, but I can't vouch for the accuracy of that news.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

If the nations (united or otherwise) believe that the people that currently occupy the state of Israel are not genetically connected to the Jews who built the temple, then their attitude towards Israel makes more sense.
There is a growing body of opinion, shared by a number of Jewish authors, that the vast majority of Jews who migrated to Palestine are Ashkanazi Jews descended from Gentile proselytes. As such they have no genetic descent from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and therefore no historical connection with the land or the temple.
I would be very interested in the views of forum members on this issue.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

Silver,
There have also been reports of wounded ISIS fighters being evacuated to Israel for treatment, but I can't vouch for the accuracy of that news.
I guess, they should just let them bleed and die. Brigitte Gabrielle, who lived through the worst of the Lebanese Civil war as a young Lebanese Christian" girl and wrote a book called "Because they Hate" about that experience.

She took a trip into Israel and met Israeli Jews for the first time in her life. She was impressed that in their hospitals they treated victims of both sides of the war equally. She thought that was more than she could have said for her Christian Lebanese countrymen. Largely as a result of tis, she has an enduring love and respect for the Jews.

Maybe you should read her book instead of that anti-semitic conspiracy hogwash, and you wouldn't react so automatically anti-semtic!

Regards,

George Clay

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

gclayjr wrote:

I guess, they should just let them bleed and die.
Yep, probably.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

Robin Hood,
Yep, probably.
Are you being serious?

I apologize, but I really don't know.

Regards,

George Clay

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Silver wrote:While I feel I the need to be supportive of the people in Israel, and pray that the Savior will someday soon stand again on Mount Olivet saving the remnant still alive at that time, there are a lot of issues internal to the modern Israeli state. If they were lily white and really good neighbors, they might not have so many troubles.

In the last couple of years the thing that bothers me the most about Israel is the lack of ISIS attacks within their borders. Why is the most virulent form of Islamic extremism not attacking the "real enemy" of Muslims? There have also been reports of wounded ISIS fighters being evacuated to Israel for treatment, but I can't vouch for the accuracy of that news.

The New Years Day shooting in Tel Aviv this year was ISIS inspired. Shin Bet (analogous to British MI5 or US FBI) released video footage from the attacker's cell phone which indicated an ISIS connection.
The June 8 shooting in Tel Aviv was inspired by ISIS.
On November 27 ISIS militants ambushed an Israeli Defense Force patrol using small arms and mortars. IDF: 4 ISIS: 0.
I could look at 2015 or earlier years, but I don't feel like doing so.

A couple other things to keep in mind: ISIS is much smaller than the media would have you believe. They have almost no presence beyond Iraq and Syria, and most of the overseas attacks the media attributes to them are lone wolves who may have been inspired by ISIS or who were inspired by ISIS (the above list and OSU as examples). Had the media not announced the OSU attacker viewed ISIS propaganda, they would not have taken credit for his attack.
Most of the acts of terrorism against Israel are committed by Palestinian lone wolves, most of whom are killed before they can be interrogated, so it is possible that ISIS propaganda played a much larger role than openly acknowledged in motivating attacks.
I would be surprised if injured ISIS members are not being evacuated to Israel for treatment. Israel's enhanced interrogation techniques are a bit more "enhanced" than ours, so it makes sense that Israel would get to interrogate captured ISIS members.

And I have a strong belief that if the Israeli people and government were "lily white" they would be the target of hostility and even more violence. They are the covenant people, and that fact alone will make them a target. And the more righteous they become, the stronger of a force for good they become, the stronger wicked forces will fight against them.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

brianj,
And I have a strong belief that if the Israeli people and government were "lily white" they would be the target of hostility and even more violence. They are the covenant people, and that fact alone will make them a target. And the more righteous they become, the stronger of a force for good they become, the stronger wicked forces will fight against them.
So the Jews are evil and guilty, because they aren't attacked and killed enough?

Talk about everybody coming up with a reason to hate Jews!

I suppose you don't credit any of their defenses, including a WALL, for making it more difficult to kill them.

I guess you can say the same about us. If we were less guilty the ISSIS fighters would cross the ocean and attack us more frequently rather than waste their time in fighting with Shia opponents in their own country or murdering and killing Christians near by in their own country.

I certainly see God's statement about the Jews coming to pass, and it isn't only from those who are open in their hatred!

Regards,

George Clay
Last edited by gclayjr on December 7th, 2016, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Robin Hood wrote:If the nations (united or otherwise) believe that the people that currently occupy the state of Israel are not genetically connected to the Jews who built the temple, then their attitude towards Israel makes more sense.
There is a growing body of opinion, shared by a number of Jewish authors, that the vast majority of Jews who migrated to Palestine are Ashkanazi Jews descended from Gentile proselytes. As such they have no genetic descent from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and therefore no historical connection with the land or the temple.
I would be very surprised to find that most modern Jews are converts as opposed to descendants of scattered Judah and Benjamin. Not being covenant people, I don't know why they would feel a pull to aliyah. Our modern leaders have called the establishment of Israel and aliyah part of the gathering of Israel; why would they say that if Israeli citizens are not part of the House of Israel?

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

gclayjr wrote:brianj,
So the Jews are evil and guilty, because they aren't attacked and killed enough?

Talk about everybody coming up with a reason to hate Jews!

I guess you can say the same about us. If we were less guilty the ISSIS fighters would cross the ocean and attack us more frequently rather than waste their time in fighting with Shia opponents in their own country or murdering and killing Christians near by in their own country.

I certainly see God's statement about the Jews coming to pass, and it isn't only from those who are open in their hatred!

Regards,

George Clay
You made a leap from me saying that the more righteous the Israeli people are the more they will be attacked to concluding I am calling them evil and guilty? Evel Knevil couldn't have made that jump!

Here's a multiple choice test question for you:
The early church members migrated out of Missouri and out of Illinois because:
A) They were really wicked people who were being killed because of their wickedness, and therefore everyone should hate Mormons.
B) They were really trying to be righteous people and were attacked by evil forces opposed to their righteous influence.
C) The Missouri Department of Conservation issued, in addition to deer tags, Mormon tags because people thought it would be fun to hunt Mormons.
D) Other.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

Robin Hood, brianj

Was the singer Sammy Davis Jr. a part of of the Jewish covenant people? How about Ruth, an ancestor of Jesus Christ Himself?

Why does one get their panties in a twist about unfounded RUMORS of bloodlines?...excuse me Robin Hood ...knickers in a twist?

Regards,

George Clay

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

brianj,

A) They were really wicked people who were being killed because of their wickedness, and therefore everyone should hate Mormons.
B) They were really trying to be righteous people and were attacked by evil forces opposed to their righteous influence.
C) The Missouri Department of Conservation issued, in addition to deer tags, Mormon tags because people thought it would be fun to hunt Mormons.
D) Other.
Muslims, including ISSIS have all been doing a lot better job of killing Jews, than Missourians did in killing Mormons, so as bad as they are, I guess they are better than the early Mormons were... Of course the Mormons had somewhere to go to.

Regards,

George Clay

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

brianj wrote:
Silver wrote:While I feel I the need to be supportive of the people in Israel, and pray that the Savior will someday soon stand again on Mount Olivet saving the remnant still alive at that time, there are a lot of issues internal to the modern Israeli state. If they were lily white and really good neighbors, they might not have so many troubles.

The New Years Day shooting in Tel Aviv this year was ISIS inspired. Shin Bet (analogous to British MI5 or US FBI) released video footage from the attacker's cell phone which indicated an ISIS connection.
The June 8 shooting in Tel Aviv was inspired by ISIS.
On November 27 ISIS militants ambushed an Israeli Defense Force patrol using small arms and mortars. IDF: 4 ISIS: 0.
I could look at 2015 or earlier years, but I don't feel like doing so.

A couple other things to keep in mind: ISIS is much smaller than the media would have you believe. They have almost no presence beyond Iraq and Syria, and most of the overseas attacks the media attributes to them are lone wolves who may have been inspired by ISIS or who were inspired by ISIS (the above list and OSU as examples). Had the media not announced the OSU attacker viewed ISIS propaganda, they would not have taken credit for his attack.
Most of the acts of terrorism against Israel are committed by Palestinian lone wolves, most of whom are killed before they can be interrogated, so it is possible that ISIS propaganda played a much larger role than openly acknowledged in motivating attacks.
I would be surprised if injured ISIS members are not being evacuated to Israel for treatment. Israel's enhanced interrogation techniques are a bit more "enhanced" than ours, so it makes sense that Israel would get to interrogate captured ISIS members.

Good to know. Thanks for the info and for your feedback.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

gclayjr wrote:brianj,

D) Other.
Muslims, including ISSIS have all been doing a lot better job of killing Jews, than Missourians did in killing Mormons, so as bad as they are, I guess they are better than the early Mormons were... Of course the Mormons had somewhere to go to.

Regards,

George Clay
A quick Google search revealed that about 1,206 Israelis have been killed in the Israel-Palestine conflict since 2000. Over 17 years that's just under 71 per year on average. At least 21 Mormons were killed in the 1838 Missouri / Mormon war, not including those who died of exposure and hunger due to the conflict. At the time, according to an article at Mormon Newsroom, there were about 1,200 Saints in Missouri. Thus we can divide and find that 1.75% of the Mormons in Missouri were killed at that time.
The worst recent year for Israeli Jews was 2002, when 420 Jews were killed by Palestinians. That year the population of Israel was 6.57 million. For Muslims to be equally effective in killing Jews, with 420 Jews representing 1.75% of the population, Israel could only have had 24,000 Jews. In that case the population of Israel would have been 0.0064% Jewish in 2002. Since Jews make up over 74% of the Israeli population, meaning that over 4,860,800 Israelis were Jewish in 2002, the most successful year for Muslims only resulted in killing about 0.0086% of the Jewish population.

Muslims are most effective at murdering other Muslims. Missourians were far more effective at killing Mormons than Muslims have been at killing Jews.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

gclayjr wrote:Robin Hood, brianj

Was the singer Sammy Davis Jr. a part of of the Jewish covenant people? How about Ruth, an ancestor of Jesus Christ Himself?

Why does one get their panties in a twist about unfounded RUMORS of bloodlines?...excuse me Robin Hood ...knickers in a twist?

Regards,

George Clay
George,
Twisted knickers are the best kind.

I didn't say I believed the Ashkanazi Jews story. I wondered whether those in nations turning against the Jewish claim to the land of Israel and specifically Jerusalem, were jusifying their position (privately) because they believed it.
Hope that clarifies my position.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

brianj,
A quick Google search revealed that about 1,206 Israelis have been killed in the Israel-Palestine conflict since 2000. Over 17 years that's just under 71 per year on average. At least 21 Mormons were killed in the 1838 Missouri / Mormon war, not including those who died of exposure and hunger due to the conflict. At the time, according to an article at Mormon Newsroom, there were about 1,200 Saints in Missouri. Thus we can divide and find that 1.75% of the Mormons in Missouri were killed at that time.
The worst recent year for Israeli Jews was 2002, when 420 Jews were killed by Palestinians. That year the population of Israel was 6.57 million. For Muslims to be equally effective in killing Jews, with 420 Jews representing 1.75% of the population, Israel could only have had 24,000 Jews. In that case the population of Israel would have been 0.0064% Jewish in 2002. Since Jews make up over 74% of the Israeli population, meaning that over 4,860,800 Israelis were Jewish in 2002, the most successful year for Muslims only resulted in killing about 0.0086% of the Jewish population.
My comment was a rhetorical way of stating how STUPID it is to measure one's righteousness by how many of your people are killed by your enemies. I guess you still can't figure that out.

The problem with statistics is that they can mean whatever you want them to mean. You took arbitrary numbers over an arbitrary amount time, to compare to other arbitrary numbers to, in your conceit, prove a meaningless point. I wonder. DO you have anything better to do with your life?

Well how about this, in 1948, the Arabs killed 6373, jews, or about 1% of their population, and in 1967 another 776, and again in 1973 2,521, and since 2000, Palestinians have killed another 1,206 Israelis, and the list goes on. That is about 10,000 Jews, which I believe is significantly more than 1.75% of the average population of Israel over that time period. In fact, the Missourians gave up killiong Mormons in less than a few years, and the Muslims havent't given up in 68 years, and are still killing Jews.

While I'm sure you can scramble into your little basement and come up with reasons why killing 10,000 Jews in 68 years, is somehow less hatefull and destructive as Killing 21 Mormons in one attack, you will still miss the point, that the whole idea of measuring a group's righteousenes based upon how effective their enemies are at killing them is AMAZINGLY STUPID!!!

Regards,

George Clay

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Robin Hood wrote:If the nations (united or otherwise) believe that the people that currently occupy the state of Israel are not genetically connected to the Jews who built the temple, then their attitude towards Israel makes more sense.
This is my concern, not necessarily belief.

I am very conscious of the scripture in the Apocalypse of John that says there are those who claim to be Jews that are the synagogue of Satan. So I'm cautious of being blindly pro-Israel which is the LDS tendency, but I also avoid the Jew hating that also is a big problem. Perhaps a bit too lukewarm...in general I am a big fan of orthodox Jews, and wary of secular Jews. Also, because Mayer Amschel Rothschild was Ashkanazi I am VERY very ....suspicious of that group (although I try not to judge the entire group based on the Rothschilds)

dlbww
captain of 100

Post by dlbww »

RH, watch the video (a few posts up) I posted. Nathan says Christ identifies the righteous/saved Jews by smelling them. Maybe real Jews smell different?

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Original_Intent wrote:
This is my concern, not necessarily belief.

I am very conscious of the scripture in the Apocalypse of John that says there are those who claim to be Jews that are the synagogue of Satan. So I'm cautious of being blindly pro-Israel which is the LDS tendency, but I also avoid the Jew hating that also is a big problem. Perhaps a bit too lukewarm...in general I am a big fan of orthodox Jews, and wary of secular Jews. Also, because Mayer Amschel Rothschild was Ashkanazi I am VERY very ....suspicious of that group (although I try not to judge the entire group based on the Rothschilds)
Go Joel Skousen, go!

onefour1
captain of 1,000

Post by onefour1 »

The first video is back online

mmm..cheese
captain of 100

Post by mmm..cheese »

As long as you build your bunker and have a fish farm under your house, you should be good.

PM me if you need tips