I don't believe this world is ripe for destruction yet.

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

I don't believe this world is ripe for destruction yet.

Post by markharr »

I used to think it was but this last election exposed the fact that our media lies to us and presents a vocal minority as if it is the majority view.

There are still a lot of good people in this world. We aren't to the point that the ancient people of this continent where when the wicked promised to slaughter every believer if the savior didn't appear on the next day, That day may not be far off, but even outside of the church there is still a lot of good in the world.

One example.
RED BUD, Ill. — While most people fear the repo man, an elderly Illinois couple crippled by debt couldn’t be more grateful for the guy who was sent to take their car away.

Jim Ford has been repossessing cars for more than 20 years, so when he got an email from a bank with the directive to bring back a 1998 Buick Century from Stanford and Pat Kipping, it was business as usual, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Ford headed to the couple’s home late at night — standard protocol for this type of work — and noticed the car in the garage. Since he knew they were elderly and didn’t see any lights on, he decided to wait until the next day to break the news.

“I didn’t want to disturb them,” Ford told the Post-Dispatch.

When he finally made the call, Pat Kipping answered the phone. He told her the bank had hired him to take back the car — on which they owed about three months’ worth of payments. Kipping told him that she’d tried to work something out with the bank, but failed to reach an agreement.

With just $30 left in their account, the Kippings wouldn’t be able to pay.

“It was very, very sad,” Pat Kipping told the Post-Dispatch. “Stan and I cried. We were very emotional because we need our car.”

The couple's failing health has contributed to their financial hardship — Stanford Kipping is battling Alzheimer’s and congestive heart failure, and Pat suffers from diabetes. Unable to pay their rising medical and pharmacy bills, they’ve taken on mounting debt, according to the Post-Dispatch.

Ford headed back to the couple’s home the next day, and was surprised when they invited him inside.

“I got to talk to them, and they were the nicest people,” he said. “They knew I had a job to do.”

In fact, Stanford reminded Ford of his own grandfather. As he towed the Kippings’ car away, he knew he had to do something.

“I pulled over about a block away from their house and called the bank,” he told Fox2 Now.

His plan: Raise enough money to pay the remaining $2,200 the Kippings owed in order to own the car outright. He turned to GoFundMe for help, set up an account* and went to bed. By the time he woke up the next morning, donors had raised $3,300.

Ford immediately used the money to pay off the car and took it in for a detailing, oil change and a few fixes before delivering it to the Kippings — just three days after they’d had to say goodbye to their only mode of transportation.

“I was at my lowest end when he came and got that car,” Pat Kipping said. “I thought, ‘This is it for me,’ I was that depressed. I prayed to God, and God answered our prayer.”

One of Stan Kipping’s daughters, Grace Garris, was there when the Buick rolled into the driveway, and said it was a moment she won’t soon forget.

“I saw tears rolling down my dad’s face,” Garris told the Post-Dispatch. “I said, ‘Papa, there are good people in this world, a lot of good people.’”

Ford was able to present the couple with the extra $1,000 in cash he’d raised, and more is coming. There were so many requests to help the Kippings that Ford reactivated the GoFundMe account, upping the new goal to $10,000.

In just three days, strangers and friends have donated $5,660.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=42315065&nid=1286" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: I don't believe this world is ripe for destruction yet.

Post by kirtland r.m. »

markharr wrote:I used to think it was but this last election exposed the fact that our media lies to us and presents a vocal minority as if it is the majority view.

There are still a lot of good people in this world. We aren't to the point that the ancient people of this continent where when the wicked promised to slaughter every believer if the savior didn't appear on the next day, That day may not be far off, but even outside of the church there is still a lot of good in the world.

One example.
RED BUD, Ill. — While most people fear the repo man, an elderly Illinois couple crippled by debt couldn’t be more grateful for the guy who was sent to take their car away.

Jim Ford has been repossessing cars for more than 20 years, so when he got an email from a bank with the directive to bring back a 1998 Buick Century from Stanford and Pat Kipping, it was business as usual, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Ford headed to the couple’s home late at night — standard protocol for this type of work — and noticed the car in the garage. Since he knew they were elderly and didn’t see any lights on, he decided to wait until the next day to break the news.

“I didn’t want to disturb them,” Ford told the Post-Dispatch.

When he finally made the call, Pat Kipping answered the phone. He told her the bank had hired him to take back the car — on which they owed about three months’ worth of payments. Kipping told him that she’d tried to work something out with the bank, but failed to reach an agreement.

With just $30 left in their account, the Kippings wouldn’t be able to pay.

“It was very, very sad,” Pat Kipping told the Post-Dispatch. “Stan and I cried. We were very emotional because we need our car.”

The couple's failing health has contributed to their financial hardship — Stanford Kipping is battling Alzheimer’s and congestive heart failure, and Pat suffers from diabetes. Unable to pay their rising medical and pharmacy bills, they’ve taken on mounting debt, according to the Post-Dispatch.

Ford headed back to the couple’s home the next day, and was surprised when they invited him inside.

“I got to talk to them, and they were the nicest people,” he said. “They knew I had a job to do.”

In fact, Stanford reminded Ford of his own grandfather. As he towed the Kippings’ car away, he knew he had to do something.

“I pulled over about a block away from their house and called the bank,” he told Fox2 Now.

His plan: Raise enough money to pay the remaining $2,200 the Kippings owed in order to own the car outright. He turned to GoFundMe for help, set up an account* and went to bed. By the time he woke up the next morning, donors had raised $3,300.

Ford immediately used the money to pay off the car and took it in for a detailing, oil change and a few fixes before delivering it to the Kippings — just three days after they’d had to say goodbye to their only mode of transportation.

“I was at my lowest end when he came and got that car,” Pat Kipping said. “I thought, ‘This is it for me,’ I was that depressed. I prayed to God, and God answered our prayer.”

One of Stan Kipping’s daughters, Grace Garris, was there when the Buick rolled into the driveway, and said it was a moment she won’t soon forget.

“I saw tears rolling down my dad’s face,” Garris told the Post-Dispatch. “I said, ‘Papa, there are good people in this world, a lot of good people.’”

Ford was able to present the couple with the extra $1,000 in cash he’d raised, and more is coming. There were so many requests to help the Kippings that Ford reactivated the GoFundMe account, upping the new goal to $10,000.

In just three days, strangers and friends have donated $5,660.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=42315065&nid=1286" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I love your example, and your optimism!!! I however think we are very, very close to that last short tribulation period.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

kirtland r.m. wrote: I love your example, and your optimism!!! I however think we are very, very close to that last short tribulation period.
Ripening. Ripening very rapidly, but not ripe.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Everyday during lunch this man reads to his co-worker who cannot read.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

“There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

So inspiring, thanks for posting.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

Good thread to have started markharr, reminded me of the servant in Jacob 5:47-50, who asks of the Lord of the vineyard, after the vineyard, is found to be corrupted, even after all they had done to nourish it, and had become lofty, and ready to be burned-------

"Spare it a little longer"

And in verse 51 the Lord said-------

"Yea, I will spare it a little longer, for it grieveth me that I should lose the trees of my vineyard."

I hope you continue this thread, for a long time, adding things you see that are good.

For the servants did then go, and labor until the vineyard was "no more corrupt" "the root and the top thereof equal" "like unto one body; and the fruits were equal" "most precious unto him from the beginning." (See Jacob 5:70-75)

A good thing to be able to hope and to pray, to someday soon see.

:)

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/776210.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Things are going to get a lot worse yet. Much, much worse.

There is a lot of good in this world, and it never gets reported. God see's it though.

AlbertaBronco
captain of 100

Post by AlbertaBronco »

You are delusional my friend ... by demonstrating random acts of kindness, it doesn't prove any thing.

Our world is overrun by secret combinations. Immorality is everywhere. Abortions are common place. Children are taught that evil is good and good is evil.

All is not well in Zion.

paulrobots
captain of 100

Post by paulrobots »

The times of the gentiles are almost fulfilled, still a great thought for a thread. We were given a sign when the age of missionaries was lowered and the number increased so fast. The next sign will be when they are called home.

Hope your right and I'm wrong.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

AlbertaBronco wrote:You are delusional my friend ... by demonstrating random acts of kindness, it doesn't prove any thing.

Our world is overrun by secret combinations. Immorality is everywhere. Abortions are common place. Children are taught that evil is good and good is evil.

All is not well in Zion.
I am ready either way, but there are still good people. There is still wheat to be gathered into the father's barn.

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

Its a simple phenomenon. If you seek out doom and gloom and miserable things, that will be your world.
If you seek out goodness and light, that will be your world.
For where your heart is.......

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

paulrobots wrote:The times of the gentiles are almost fulfilled, still a great thought for a thread. We were given a sign when the age of missionaries was lowered and the number increased so fast. The next sign will be when they are called home.

Curiously, when the number of missionaries jumped significantly we did not see a corresponding jump in the conversion rate. In 2012 when the change 272,330 convert baptisms were reported. In 2014 that number had climbed to 296,803 - roughly an 8.99% increase over 2012. But last year the number of convert baptisms had dropped to 257,402 - 94.5% of the 2012 number. And the 2012 convert baptism total was down from 281.312 the year before.

I see the declining number of convert baptisms, especially the declining number of baptisms per missionary, as a very significant sign of the times and a sign of the level of wickedness in society.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

brianj wrote:
paulrobots wrote:The times of the gentiles are almost fulfilled, still a great thought for a thread. We were given a sign when the age of missionaries was lowered and the number increased so fast. The next sign will be when they are called home.

Curiously, when the number of missionaries jumped significantly we did not see a corresponding jump in the conversion rate. In 2012 when the change 272,330 convert baptisms were reported. In 2014 that number had climbed to 296,803 - roughly an 8.99% increase over 2012. But last year the number of convert baptisms had dropped to 257,402 - 94.5% of the 2012 number. And the 2012 convert baptism total was down from 281.312 the year before.

I see the declining number of convert baptisms, especially the declining number of baptisms per missionary, as a very significant sign of the times and a sign of the level of wickedness in society.

But there still are baptisms. I have a son in in the field. I have another who will be leaving in six months. There is still wheat to be gathered to the barn.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

Mark, remember there will be many good non members who make it through tribulation and to the millennium. It's not a matter of baptizing every last soul who will accept or is ready before the world is ripe for destruction.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

I think there is a reason the GAS prophecy was never officially documented in the church. I think, like the op saying that we are doing better then expect, is right. That is a good thing, the bad parts aren't as bad because fruit is still good. Look at what Moses thru revelation said about the flood, only Noah and his family were worthy in the whole world. People don't realize why Noah and his family was the only good people, all the good people left with the city of Zion and then Noah started build the ark. There is still a timeline.
Last edited by Bronco73idi on November 24th, 2016, 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

LDScop wrote:Mark, remember there will be many good non members who make it through tribulation and to the millennium. It's not a matter of baptizing every last soul who will accept or is ready before the world is ripe for destruction.
I considered that myself.

My point is that one of the deceivers tricks is to make the world look more wicked than it is. He uses the media, and the MSM to accomplish this. I believe there is far more faith in this world than we are being led to believe. I don't believe that the majority support gay marriage. I think that evil people made it look that way by forcing it through the courts. One of the things we learned recently is that the elite are not above manipulating polls in order to force an agenda.

The media will only show us the bad. They will only show us the depravity. It's up to us to find the good.

And I am not at all suggesting that anyone else stop spiritual and temporal preparations for the times of tribulation. What I am suggesting is that we stop waiting around for it, and do what we can to keep good alive.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

This is a great thread. It is being read by a bunch of good people who sincerely desire to do what is right.

On this Thanksgiving Day, I appreciate the experience and wisdom that can be found here on LDSFF. Thanks to all of you who help me learn what I can do before "this world is ripe for destruction."

Thanks also to BrianM for maintaining the site.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Posted this on another thread.
One thing that has bothered me for a long time is the question are we ripe for destruction (fully ripe in iniquity). Yes the prophets a long time back have said we are more wicked than those in the days of Noah. The wiki leaks of corruption and assassinations, pay to play etc..... and the support the corrupt politicians have taken things to a new level.
What has also weighed on my mind is the separation of the wheat and tares, i.e. it is not destruction like Noah, the Jaradites or Nephites or ancient Israel etc... It is perhaps not full ripe in inequity required to start the events of the last days but the beginning process of the separation of the wheat and tares that will bring the destruction, as people are forced to choose a side.
Heheeeeee just to stir everyone up again it could be like sodom and gomorrah where the righteous (Lot and his family) are lead out then total destruction - tent cities. so don't think that there is more wickedness to come prior to the start of the tribulations.

gungadin500
captain of 50

Post by gungadin500 »

This is a great thread and a highly relevant question by the op. I wish more were commenting here and fewer were posting about dreamers or tallying prophecy wins. As for my take, I strongly disagree with the notion that we are not fully ripened in iniquity. I base my opinion on having a teen and a tween and having been involved with the youth over the past year. The level of wickedness they are dealing with on a daily basis, at least where I live, is overwhelming. I can say with first hand knowledge that for many, parents are teaching children to "do evil continually," such that I feel their agency has been fully compromised, in like manner to the conditions immediately preceding the flood. The random acts of kindness are inspiring, no doubt, but in measuring iniquity, I fear the bar has been set low. There is so much rampant immorality and rebellion even amongst our own ranks. Not to mention pride. To be sure there are many great people out there, LDS and non-LDS, but the numbers are relatively minuscule. I don't
look forward to the tribulations that will come because I want anyone to suffer, but I am praying day and night for our deliverance because this coming generation is in dire need of a reprieve from what they are facing. I pray the Lord will have mercy on all of us and hasten His return for our sakes and for our children's sake. I hope you all will do the same.