I don't believe this world is ripe for destruction yet.

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Re: I don't believe this world is ripe for destruction yet.

Post by kittycat51 »

Sunain wrote:I think we've not only matched the days of Noah, we've warped way passed them in terms of sin. There are sins that people are committing nowadays that weren't even possible in the days of Noah. Corruption, violence, immorality, social decay and even more heinous sins and crimes are flooding every nation of the world.

I think the biggest clue as to how close the world is ready for destruction was the missionary hastening. It means we need to get the remaining missionary work done fast before the final tribulations before the second coming. I thinks this last remaining time is to get the gospel message spread to the remaining few that are willing to listen. Next time you have the missionaries over for dinner, ask them how receptive people are to even want to hear the gospel message. Missionaries in my area are currently having a very hard time getting people to even talk to them, let alone have discussions with them. How long the hastening time period will last is anyone's bet but the way President Nelson and Ballard have talked in recent years, they seem to indicate that it's sooner rather than later.

I don't think we'll see to many more temples being announced either. We had that temple building hastening as well with President Hinckley. Most temples now have limited the number of baptisms that the youth can do on temple trips due to the backlog of other temple work to be done. Temple work will speed up during the Millennial Reign though.

The Lord has great patience but that patience only last so long. The scriptures are full of examples of civilizations that were quickly destroyed because they would not follow the commandments. I think were already on borrowed time as it is the way things are going worldwide.
I think that's a good point Sunain that you bring up and I have been wondering about. You stated about the possibility of not too many more temples to be announced. This was the first General Conference that I can remember in a long while (since Pres. Hinckley sped things up) that a temple was not announced... I feel like they have to finish the ones still under construction and that we are at the beginning of some very rough times so that it might not be possible to construct/finish new ones? Anybody have thoughts on that?

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

kittycat51 wrote:I think that's a good point Sunain that you bring up and I have been wondering about. You stated about the possibility of not too many more temples to be announced. This was the first General Conference that I can remember in a long while (since Pres. Hinckley sped things up) that a temple was not announced... I feel like they have to finish the ones still under construction and that we are at the beginning of some very rough times so that it might not be possible to construct/finish new ones? Anybody have thoughts on that?
I think that's one reason. The other reason I think might be actual logistics. The church wanted most members to be 200 miles from a temple (basically a round trip days drive). I think we've pretty much got there for 99% of the church population once the remaining announced temples are completed. The ground breaking for the Winnipeg Temple here in Canada was the other day. That pretty much will be the last temple built in Canada. Rome Italy and Paris France are the two other big ones nearing completion sometime in 2017. After those, Bangkok Thailand is really the only other major place in the world where the church population needs a temple.

http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/maps/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Obvious China and the Middle East are the big areas that will need a ton of temples at some point. I figure that won't happen till the millennium though.

I personally believe the next big temple announcement left is the temple in Jerusalem by the Jews.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

brianj wrote:I just came across this: A judge in Canada sentenced a woman to no jail time and only two years of probation after she performed what's being labeled as an "after-birth abortion."
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/after ... ign=buffer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In a 2011 case, described near the end of the article, a woman was given a three year suspended sentence for killing her baby shortly after birth. That judge wrote: “While many Canadians undoubtedly view abortion as a less than ideal solution to unprotected sex and unwanted pregnancy, they generally understand, accept and sympathize with the onerous demands pregnancy and childbirth exact from mothers, especially mothers without support. Naturally, Canadians are grieved by an infant’s death, especially at the hands of the infant’s mother, but Canadians also grieve for the mother."

Yes, feel sorry for the mother who kills her baby and let that sorrow justify giving her a suspended sentence. As of 2012, almost 44,000,000 abortions had been reported to the CDC, not counting "retroactive abortions." If that isn't evidence of tremendous wickedness I don't know what is.
Several million human beings having no scruples?

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

brianj wrote:
paulrobots wrote:The times of the gentiles are almost fulfilled, still a great thought for a thread. We were given a sign when the age of missionaries was lowered and the number increased so fast. The next sign will be when they are called home.

Hope your right and I'm wrong.
Curiously, when the number of missionaries jumped significantly we did not see a corresponding jump in the conversion rate. In 2012 when the change 272,330 convert baptisms were reported. In 2014 that number had climbed to 296,803 - roughly an 8.99% increase over 2012. But last year the number of convert baptisms had dropped to 257,402 - 94.5% of the 2012 number. And the 2012 convert baptism total was down from 281.312 the year before.

I see the declining number of convert baptisms, especially the declining number of baptisms per missionary, as a very significant sign of the times and a sign of the level of wickedness in society.

i totally agree with you. But we still need more people to join the church.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Zion2080 wrote:
brianj wrote:
paulrobots wrote:The times of the gentiles are almost fulfilled, still a great thought for a thread. We were given a sign when the age of missionaries was lowered and the number increased so fast. The next sign will be when they are called home.

Hope your right and I'm wrong.
Curiously, when the number of missionaries jumped significantly we did not see a corresponding jump in the conversion rate. In 2012 when the change 272,330 convert baptisms were reported. In 2014 that number had climbed to 296,803 - roughly an 8.99% increase over 2012. But last year the number of convert baptisms had dropped to 257,402 - 94.5% of the 2012 number. And the 2012 convert baptism total was down from 281.312 the year before.

I see the declining number of convert baptisms, especially the declining number of baptisms per missionary, as a very significant sign of the times and a sign of the level of wickedness in society.

i totally agree with you. But we still need more people to join the church.
Welcome to the forum.
Yes, we need many people to join the church. If we could get enough of the population to repent we would not face the tribulations prophesied to precede the Second Coming. But those events have been prophesied because, like the Jaredites and Nephites, modern people are not going to repent in sufficient numbers. We need to do missionary work among our neighbors, and among our membership to bring back the less active and strengthen the active.By doing this we will become more righteous and thereby qualify for greater protection and guidance during the coming tribulations.

dlbww
captain of 100

Post by dlbww »

Sunain wrote:I think we've not only matched the days of Noah, we've warped way passed them in terms of sin. There are sins that people are committing nowadays that weren't even possible in the days of Noah. Corruption, violence, immorality, social decay and even more heinous sins and crimes are flooding every nation of the world.

I think the biggest clue as to how close the world is ready for destruction was the missionary hastening. It means we need to get the remaining missionary work done fast before the final tribulations before the second coming. I thinks this last remaining time is to get the gospel message spread to the remaining few that are willing to listen. Next time you have the missionaries over for dinner, ask them how receptive people are to even want to hear the gospel message. Missionaries in my area are currently having a very hard time getting people to even talk to them, let alone have discussions with them. How long the hastening time period will last is anyone's bet but the way President Nelson and Ballard have talked in recent years, they seem to indicate that it's sooner rather than later.

I don't think we'll see to many more temples being announced either. We had that temple building hastening as well with President Hinckley. Most temples now have limited the number of baptisms that the youth can do on temple trips due to the backlog of other temple work to be done. Temple work will speed up during the Millennial Reign though.

The Lord has great patience but that patience only last so long. The scriptures are full of examples of civilizations that were quickly destroyed because they would not follow the commandments. I think were already on borrowed time as it is the way things are going worldwide.
I saw a Covergirl commercial on TV the other evening that surprised me a bit, with this guy:
http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/covergir ... end-times/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And this is the commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS_wDhnxSmE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

dlbww wrote:I saw a Covergirl commercial on TV the other evening that surprised me a bit, with this guy:
http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/covergir ... end-times/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And this is the commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS_wDhnxSmE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That is extremely disturbing video..... Like guys wear make-up these days but that's a bit much. Conservative and good looking. That's calling for unwanted attention.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Sunain wrote:
dlbww wrote:I saw a Covergirl commercial on TV the other evening that surprised me a bit, with this guy:
That is extremely disturbing video..... Like guys wear make-up these days but that's a bit much. Conservative and good looking. That's calling for unwanted attention.
Australia's new santa a transgender male..
Drag queens replace Santa on Chapel Street this Christmas
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/drag- ... t8fri.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Spaced_Out wrote:Australia's new santa a transgender male..
Drag queens replace Santa on Chapel Street this Christmas
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/drag- ... t8fri.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You couldn't just post the link. How do I get that image out of my head?

RocknRoll
captain of 100

Post by RocknRoll »

dlbww wrote:

I saw a Covergirl commercial on TV the other evening that surprised me a bit, with this guy:
Why would men wearing makeup somehow be a sign that the world is ripe for destruction? Makeup has been worn by men in different cultures throughout history. The earliest records of men using cosmetics were in China and Japan 3000 BC. The ancient Romans painted their heads to disguise premature baldness, a precursor to the wigs and male beauty spots of the court of Louis XIII. Male actors have been wearing makeup for decades.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

RocknRoll wrote:
dlbww wrote:

Why would men wearing makeup somehow be a sign that the world is ripe for destruction? Makeup has been worn by men in different cultures throughout history. The earliest records of men using cosmetics were in China and Japan 3000 BC. The ancient Romans painted their heads to disguise premature baldness, a precursor to the wigs and male beauty spots of the court of Louis XIII. Male actors have been wearing makeup for decades.
It's not the makeup that they're wearing which signifies the ripening of the world for destruction...it's the chastity issue associated with it. The examples you mentioned weren't associated generally with immorality. The makeup-wearing, trans-gender men this thread is featuring are quite the opposite.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

RocknRoll wrote:
There is a big difference. These 'men' are putting up make-up specifically to make them look like females. Men wear make-up today as well but not in the manner than Covergirl is portraying with their advertising campaign. Men trying to be women is not part of God's plan for his children.
Our gender was established before we were born into mortality and is an essential characteristic of our eternal identity.
https://www.lds.org/manual/the-eternal- ... y?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RocknRoll
captain of 100

Post by RocknRoll »

So, it’s the transgendered thing, not necessarily the makeup thing that you have a problem with. Got it.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Girl Walked Into Police Station And Blew Herself Up. She Was 7
World | Edited by Vishal Menon | Updated: December 16, 2016 22:30 IST

Damascus:
A seven-year-old girl wearing an explosives-laden belt blew herself up inside a police station in Damascus on Friday, Syrian state media reported. The explosion in the bustling Midan neighbourhood in south-east Damascus wounded three police officers, said the Al-Watan daily, which is close to the Bashir al-Assad government. "A seven-year-old girl entered the police station, carrying a belt that was detonated from afar," the paper posted on its Facebook page.

A police source told Al-Watan that the girl had appeared lost and asked to use the bathroom when the explosives went off.

State-run Ikhbariya news channel showed blurred images of what looked like a blackened girl's head in a blanket, and scenes of destruction inside what it said was the police station.

Although rebel groups have fired rockets and mortar rounds into the capital, explosions inside the city itself are rare.

Syrian state news agency SANA said earlier there were preliminary reports about a "terrorist explosion at the Midan police station in Damascus".

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights confirmed there had been a blast in Midan but said it could not specify the cause.

Observatory head Rami Abdel Rahman told AFP that "one woman" was killed in the blast, but it remained unclear whether she was a suicide bomber or a bystander.

In early 2012, a suicide bomber killed 26 people when he blew himself up in Midan.

More than 310,000 people have died since Syria's conflict broke out in 2011.
What kind of person trains a little girl to become a suicide bomber? There is nothing in this world that would ever require that to be a tactic of war or terrorism. Is the world evil enough yet???
Luke 18:16 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Sunain wrote:What kind of person trains a little girl to become a suicide bomber? There is nothing in this world that would ever require that to be a tactic of war or terrorism. Is the world evil enough yet???
Luke 18:16 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
Wow, that's really messed up. I have to wonder if the girl was really trained to be a suicide bomber, or if she was given a "nice warm coat" that was remotely detonated after she was sent into the police station to relieve herself. The only good thing here is that, since she died before her 8th birthday, she is clean from the blood and sins of the people who sent her on that evil errand.

I don't understand how anybody can look at things like this and think, "I don't want the tribulations to come yet. I like my comfort too much to lose it." Stories like this make me wish that Heavenly Father would take care of the situation right now.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

If life is a bowl of cherries, why are we here in the pits?

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

the world might seem bad now, but give it another 50 years and see where we've come so far...

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

There are about 15.4 million memebers of the church whom 40% are active. When the tribulations begin, there will be millions of people who flee to the "tops of the mountains." Where do you think that is? Since there are millions of good people around the world, there will be over 100 million people who come to us during tribulation. Will North Korea be liberated in World War III? World War III will signify the end of the Times of the Gentiles.

Aaronjs0005
captain of 50

Post by Aaronjs0005 »

markharr wrote:I used to think it was but this last election exposed the fact that our media lies to us and presents a vocal minority as if it is the majority view.

There are still a lot of good people in this world. We aren't to the point that the ancient people of this continent where when the wicked promised to slaughter every believer if the savior didn't appear on the next day, That day may not be far off, but even outside of the church there is still a lot of good in the world.

One example.
RED BUD, Ill. — While most people fear the repo man, an elderly Illinois couple crippled by debt couldn’t be more grateful for the guy who was sent to take their car away.

Jim Ford has been repossessing cars for more than 20 years, so when he got an email from a bank with the directive to bring back a 1998 Buick Century from Stanford and Pat Kipping, it was business as usual, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Ford headed to the couple’s home late at night — standard protocol for this type of work — and noticed the car in the garage. Since he knew they were elderly and didn’t see any lights on, he decided to wait until the next day to break the news.

“I didn’t want to disturb them,” Ford told the Post-Dispatch.

When he finally made the call, Pat Kipping answered the phone. He told her the bank had hired him to take back the car — on which they owed about three months’ worth of payments. Kipping told him that she’d tried to work something out with the bank, but failed to reach an agreement.

With just $30 left in their account, the Kippings wouldn’t be able to pay.

“It was very, very sad,” Pat Kipping told the Post-Dispatch. “Stan and I cried. We were very emotional because we need our car.”

The couple's failing health has contributed to their financial hardship — Stanford Kipping is battling Alzheimer’s and congestive heart failure, and Pat suffers from diabetes. Unable to pay their rising medical and pharmacy bills, they’ve taken on mounting debt, according to the Post-Dispatch.

Ford headed back to the couple’s home the next day, and was surprised when they invited him inside.

“I got to talk to them, and they were the nicest people,” he said. “They knew I had a job to do.”

In fact, Stanford reminded Ford of his own grandfather. As he towed the Kippings’ car away, he knew he had to do something.

“I pulled over about a block away from their house and called the bank,” he told Fox2 Now.

His plan: Raise enough money to pay the remaining $2,200 the Kippings owed in order to own the car outright. He turned to GoFundMe for help, set up an account* and went to bed. By the time he woke up the next morning, donors had raised $3,300.

Ford immediately used the money to pay off the car and took it in for a detailing, oil change and a few fixes before delivering it to the Kippings — just three days after they’d had to say goodbye to their only mode of transportation.

“I was at my lowest end when he came and got that car,” Pat Kipping said. “I thought, ‘This is it for me,’ I was that depressed. I prayed to God, and God answered our prayer.”

One of Stan Kipping’s daughters, Grace Garris, was there when the Buick rolled into the driveway, and said it was a moment she won’t soon forget.

“I saw tears rolling down my dad’s face,” Garris told the Post-Dispatch. “I said, ‘Papa, there are good people in this world, a lot of good people.’”

Ford was able to present the couple with the extra $1,000 in cash he’d raised, and more is coming. There were so many requests to help the Kippings that Ford reactivated the GoFundMe account, upping the new goal to $10,000.

In just three days, strangers and friends have donated $5,660.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=42315065&nid=1286" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Since when did a few at the top threatening to slaughter have to do with all of society being engrossed in sin? That is a very demented standard I think. We are ripe in iniquity, that does not mean every life has to be threatened. I'm sure even the worst times there was always many good people, etc. I just really think your thinking on this is flawed, at least on that line. I think we are pretty dang ripe!

Aaronjs0005
captain of 50

Post by Aaronjs0005 »

markharr wrote:
kirtland r.m. wrote: I love your example, and your optimism!!! I however think we are very, very close to that last short tribulation period.
Ripening. Ripening very rapidly, but not ripe.
If we are not ripe then we are ripe enough for the beginning stages of calamity and war the likes we have never seen. Perhaps not to the bizarre point you allude to, but iniquity reigns supreme! Not everyone has to be a murderer or every nation the same. I think we are very close and I suspect something is at our doorstep soon. Perhaps trump's realignment of foreign policy will hasten the day!

Aaronjs0005
captain of 50

Post by Aaronjs0005 »

markharr wrote:Image
I'm not sure if your just being positive, sarcastic or serious, but being ripe doesn't mean the world is not possessing a lot of goodness in it. People will always be people. Even many of the more bad people have a good side and are children of God. Being ripe doesn't mean everyone is miserable as it gets or sinning on same level or being threatened, etc. Its more related to sin and perversion.

Aaronjs0005
captain of 50

Post by Aaronjs0005 »

Robin Hood wrote:Things are going to get a lot worse yet. Much, much worse.

There is a lot of good in this world, and it never gets reported. God see's it though.
In terms of war it will get worse, but iniquity not much more. The last 20 years it has exploded. Sure it will get worse, but not much more. I believe its more the sin the Lord is talking about, not whether we have leaders like in the Book Of Mormon that threaten our lives over faith.

Aaronjs0005
captain of 50

Post by Aaronjs0005 »

AlbertaBronco wrote:You are delusional my friend ... by demonstrating random acts of kindness, it doesn't prove any thing.

Our world is overrun by secret combinations. Immorality is everywhere. Abortions are common place. Children are taught that evil is good and good is evil.

All is not well in Zion.

Exactly! I am looking at these pictures and statements and wondering what world do these guys live in. Like I am shocked! The Lord is talking more about sin, not if we have the same leaders in every country like in the Book Of Mormon that threaten our lives. Its iniquity. Even most the members are indifferent, selective in the service they render, prideful, and much more if we could see. Perhaps thats why He says judgements will start with House. Not because they are worse than others in a sense, but the hypocrisy and the light they've been given. Not because they are all committing adultery, but because of how dull and unChristlike they are.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Aaronjs0005 wrote:
I'm not sure if your just being positive, sarcastic or serious, but being ripe doesn't mean the world is not possessing a lot of goodness in it. People will always be people. Even many of the more bad people have a good side and are children of God. Being ripe doesn't mean everyone is miserable as it gets or sinning on same level or being threatened, etc. Its more related to sin and perversion.

You believe that the wicked outnumber the good. I don't, at least I don't believe that they do yet. I think we are just shown the depravity and sin while the good are ignored.

Aaronjs0005
captain of 50

Post by Aaronjs0005 »

markharr wrote:
Aaronjs0005 wrote:

You believe that the wicked outnumber the good. I don't, at least I don't believe that they do yet. I think we are just shown the depravity and sin while the good are ignored.

By a very, very, long shot I believe the wicked outnumber the good. Being wicked does not mean your Hitler and without goodness. Were talking about an emphasis word the Lord has used for behavior that defiles the sacred body and celestial standards.

If you are waiting for most people to loose all goodness, I do not believe that has ever happened or ever will. Sure, many killed kids, sacrificed the, engaged in lots of sexual abuse and so much more, but many do such things now in some form or fashion.

I completely agree that most people have lots of goodness in them. People are strange and complex. One minute they could sympathize with someone they normally would not and the next do all kinds of bad things and harsh things.

The Lord's emphasis seems to be on sin as wickedness and as far as the US the Gentiles rejecting the Restoration.