The Second Coming + Tribulations: Timing?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
brianj
captain of 1,000

Re: The Second Coming + Tribulations: Timing?

Post by brianj »

Without repentance, any prosperity we see will be fleeting.

If there is one thing about the Trump presidency that I think is certain, it is that he will be relying on his own intellect and that of his advisers rather than on inspiration. This reminds me of the admonition to trust not in the arm of flesh.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

brianj wrote:Without repentance, any prosperity we see will be fleeting.

If there is one thing about the Trump presidency that I think is certain, it is that he will be relying on his own intellect and that of his advisers rather than on inspiration. This reminds me of the admonition to trust not in the arm of flesh.
Hundreds of prayers by the righteous in behalf of Trump wouldn't hurt, would it? Or would God ignore righteous prayers because they are being offered by the arm of flesh?

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

freedomforall wrote:

Hundreds of prayers by the righteous in behalf of Trump wouldn't hurt, would it? Or would God ignore righteous prayers because they are being offered by the arm of flesh?
Prayers don't come from the arm of flesh; they come from our spirits. Prayers certainly won't hurt, but the things can't get better if people use their free agency to choose evil. The best we can hope for is what happened to the Jaredites and Nephites. Since people won't willingly humble themselves I feel like a lot of my prayers for my country are without faith.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

brianj wrote:
freedomforall wrote:

Prayers don't come from the arm of flesh; they come from our spirits. Prayers certainly won't hurt, but the things can't get better if people use their free agency to choose evil. The best we can hope for is what happened to the Jaredites and Nephites. Since people won't willingly humble themselves I feel like a lot of my prayers for my country are without faith.
If the faith of one man can stop the sun or move a mountain, then one man's faith in prayer should contain some dominating power or influence. Likewise, a lot of prayers from many people having faith ought have that same dominating power or influence.

Sun:

Josh. 10:12 (12–13)
12 ¶Then spake Joshua to the Lord in the day when the Lord delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

The Second Coming and the Millennium

The Lord will not come until all things are fulfilled in preparation for His coming.

Within Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith, (2011), 248–60 we read:
“The coming of the Son of Man never will be—never can be till the judgments spoken of for this hour are poured out: which judgments are commenced. Paul says, ‘Ye are the children of the light, and not of the darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief in the night.’ [See 1 Thessalonians 5:4–5.] It is not the design of the Almighty to come upon the earth and crush it and grind it to powder, but he will reveal it to His servants the prophets [see Amos 3:7].”13

“Jesus Christ never did reveal to any man the precise time that He would come [see Matthew 24:36; D&C 49:7]. Go and read the Scriptures, and you cannot find anything that specifies the exact hour He would come; and all that say so are false teachers.”14

Regarding a man who claimed to have seen the sign of the Son of Man, the Prophet Joseph Smith said: “He has not seen the sign of the Son of Man, as foretold by Jesus; neither has any man, nor will any man, until after the sun shall have been darkened and the moon bathed in blood; for the Lord hath not shown me any such sign; and as the prophet saith, so it must be—‘Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but He revealeth His secret unto His servants the prophets.’ (See Amos 3:7.) Therefore hear this, O earth: The Lord will not come to reign over the righteous, in this world, in 1843, nor until everything for the Bridegroom is ready.”15

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

Spaced_Out wrote: November 15th, 2016, 12:28 am 2033 is the start of the 7th seal. The second coming occurs shortly after the 7th seal is opened - hence the exact time of the second coming is impossible to tell.
Prior to 2033 there need to be meteor showers, earthquakes, the cleansing and separation of the wheat and tears, establishment of Zion the New Jerusalem, return of the lost tribes, the calling of the 144,000 and final gathering, return of the city of Enoch etc... For all this to occur in the remaining 17 years is a big ask. So expect things to start very soon.
I think that the end of the Times of the Gentiles will end sometime in 2025.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

brianj wrote: January 14th, 2017, 2:49 pm
Nothing different with Trump in that regard than any other presidency in modern history. You'd have to go back to Reagan to find someone who was inspired, and that's even debatable.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

freedomforall wrote: January 25th, 2017, 3:21 am The Second Coming and the Millennium

The Lord will not come until all things are fulfilled in preparation for His coming.

Within Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith, (2011), 248–60 we read:
“The coming of the Son of Man never will be—never can be till the judgments spoken of for this hour are poured out: which judgments are commenced. Paul says, ‘Ye are the children of the light, and not of the darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief in the night.’ [See 1 Thessalonians 5:4–5.] It is not the design of the Almighty to come upon the earth and crush it and grind it to powder, but he will reveal it to His servants the prophets [see Amos 3:7].”13

“Jesus Christ never did reveal to any man the precise time that He would come [see Matthew 24:36; D&C 49:7]. Go and read the Scriptures, and you cannot find anything that specifies the exact hour He would come; and all that say so are false teachers.”14

Regarding a man who claimed to have seen the sign of the Son of Man, the Prophet Joseph Smith said: “He has not seen the sign of the Son of Man, as foretold by Jesus; neither has any man, nor will any man, until after the sun shall have been darkened and the moon bathed in blood; for the Lord hath not shown me any such sign; and as the prophet saith, so it must be—‘Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but He revealeth His secret unto His servants the prophets.’ (See Amos 3:7.) Therefore hear this, O earth: The Lord will not come to reign over the righteous, in this world, in 1843, nor until everything for the Bridegroom is ready.”15
Can we infer then that The prophet will be told shortly before it will happen?

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

DesertWonderer wrote: March 29th, 2017, 11:13 am Can we infer then that The prophet will be told shortly before it will happen?
That's exactly what is said in Amos 3:7. But we all need to remember two important caveats:
1) The Lord will reveal His actions before they happen, but not necessarily a specific timing. At the risk of starting a firestorm, let me use a hypothetical example. Julie Rowe claimed that the prophets of the LDS church already know the important details about what's coming, and that they are actively working behind the scenes to assemble temporal preparations to aid church members when those bad thing arrive. But they are doing so without knowing exactly when these events are going to arrive.

2) The fact that God's will is going to be revealed to His prophets does not mean that church membership, or the world, will be completely filled in. Some of us (not including me, at least not at this time) are living so close to the Holy Ghost that these secrets won't be kept from us, but most of us will only know what we have been counseled to do without knowing why. When those bad times arrive we will learn why we should have followed the counsel we received, or we will express our gratitude for having received the counsel and been prepared to follow it.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Melissa wrote: November 15th, 2016, 11:22 am The saints need to be pleading daily for the savior to come and to deliver them before he comes. That's not really happenening...based in the fact that no one is really talking about wanting the savior to return and no prayer meeting being held for this purpose.

We will be tried with religious freedom and persecutions must come first. We known it's coming at sometime.
7 years of devastation may indeed be cut short by sincere pleading of the righteous. This may be at 3 1/2 years from mid 2024, which looks to be when the Hancock Prophecy is likely fulfilled.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

BeNotDeceived wrote: March 30th, 2017, 6:48 am
Melissa wrote: November 15th, 2016, 11:22 am The saints need to be pleading daily for the savior to come and to deliver them before he comes. That's not really happenening...based in the fact that no one is really talking about wanting the savior to return and no prayer meeting being held for this purpose.

We will be tried with religious freedom and persecutions must come first. We known it's coming at sometime.
7 years of devastation may indeed be cut short by sincere pleading of the righteous. This may be at 3 1/2 years from mid 2024, which looks to be when the Hancock Prophecy is likely fulfilled.

ehem...you do know that the Hancock "prophecy" is a 3-hand account Mormon myth, right?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Read what happens upon the Savior coming in glory.

D&C 133
46 And it shall be said: Who is this that cometh down from God in heaven with dyed garments; yea, from the regions which are not known, clothed in his glorious apparel, traveling in the greatness of his strength?
47 And he shall say: I am he who spake in righteousness, mighty to save.
48 And the Lord shall be red in his apparel, and his garments like him that treadeth in the wine-vat.
49 And so great shall be the glory of his presence that the sun shall hide his face in shame, and the moon shall withhold its light, and the stars shall be hurled from their places.

So can we assume these events occurring sometime early in the seventh seal?

How many here figured the sun turning black, the moon turning to blood and the stars falling from the sky...occurring way before the Savior comes? I did.

onefour1
captain of 1,000

Post by onefour1 »

Does the sun hide its light, the moon turn to blood, and the stars fall from heaven at the time Christ appears on earth or does this happen when Christ starts to come to the earth in the heavens somewhere?

Revelation 6:12-13
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

The Book of Revelation clearly places the event in the sixth seal. I believe these things will be at the end of the sixth seal.

Doctrine and Covenants 29:14
14 But, behold, I say unto you that before this great day shall come the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall be turned into blood, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and there shall be greater signs in heaven above and in the earth beneath;

Joseph Smith Matthew 1:31-36
31 And again, this Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in all the world, for a witness unto all nations, and then shall the end come, or the destruction of the wicked;
32 And again shall the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, be fulfilled.
33 And immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
34 Verily, I say unto you, this generation, in which these things shall be shown forth, shall not pass away until all I have told you shall be fulfilled.
35 Although, the days will come, that heaven and earth shall pass away; yet my words shall not pass away, but all shall be fulfilled.
36 And, as I said before, after the tribulation of those days, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken, then shall appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven, and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn; and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory;

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

onefour1 wrote: April 29th, 2017, 1:14 pm Does the sun hide its light, the moon turn to blood, and the stars fall from heaven at the time Christ appears on earth or does this happen when Christ starts to come to the earth in the heavens somewhere?

12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

The Book of Revelation clearly places the event in the sixth seal. I believe these things will be at the end of the sixth seal.

14 But, behold, I say unto you that before this great day shall come the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall be turned into blood, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and there shall be greater signs in heaven above and in the earth beneath;

31 And again, this Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in all the world, for a witness unto all nations, and then shall the end come, or the destruction of the wicked;
32 And again shall the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, be fulfilled.
33 And immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
34 Verily, I say unto you, this generation, in which these things shall be shown forth, shall not pass away until all I have told you shall be fulfilled.
35 Although, the days will come, that heaven and earth shall pass away; yet my words shall not pass away, but all shall be fulfilled.
36 And, as I said before, after the tribulation of those days, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken, then shall appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven, and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn; and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory;
I go with the D&C 133:49 because it is more current revelation. I also think JSM 1:33 corroborates it.
Another possibility is that there may be a very short time frame between the sixth and seventh seals, because Christ comes during the seventh seal and this is when the sun, moon and stars flee his presence.
Or someone just plain goofed upon writing the biblical account, another reason why I go with D&C..

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

Bronco73idi wrote: November 15th, 2016, 12:10 am We have a lot to do before his coming. Read Charles Evans complete dream, to me it's a well written version of this time period.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44140" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please tell me how he remembered everything the Heavenly messenger spoke to him word for word. Was he writing it down while he was dreaming?

Dragon
captain of 10

Post by Dragon »

When I added up all the 'confirmed' future events and used the shortest time between them, I personally came up with the date of 2070 for Jesus rising as the morning sun, which most herald as the true beginning of the Millennium of Peace. However, even after that event, there will likely be a few years during which the remainder of the wicked kill each other off before the true peace begins.
As for the 7 years of tribulation, this is a calculation done by non-LDS church leaders. No LDS church leader has ever confirmed a set number of days or years designated as the days of tribulation. But in fact, many scriptures say people will wonder why the Lord has delayed his coming. That tells me there will be more than 7 years of tribulation, though exactly how many, we cannot say.
The best rule to live by is to be prepared to meet the Savior by the end of the day, every day, and listen to the prophets and the Spirit to know when you need to take action.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Gage wrote: May 2nd, 2017, 2:01 pm
Bronco73idi wrote: November 15th, 2016, 12:10 am We have a lot to do before his coming. Read Charles Evans complete dream, to me it's a well written version of this time period.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44140" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please tell me how he remembered everything the Heavenly messenger spoke to him word for word. Was he writing it down while he was dreaming?
He didn't, it wasn't a dream.

"I have written the foregoing, which is founded on true principle, under the caption of a dream, partly to instruct and partly to check the folly of reading silly novels now so prevalent."

It was a short story based on truths. We find a lot of quotes and teachings from JS and BY about the last days but not all together in one story like this. I still wonder why he would put "letter of a Jew". I have never read that anywhere else, Alan Greenspan kind of apologize for the 2008 collapse.

https://youtu.be/1bX_vhojH8c

If you go off his timeline we are at blood flows thru the streets (civil war)

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

onefour1 wrote: November 25th, 2016, 11:04 pm Is it a reasonable inference that the gathering of the Lost 10 tribes would need to be underway before 12000 from each tribe are selected to be among the 144,000? If so, then the gathering of the Lost tribes would need to start during the 6th seal since the choosing of the 144,000 is a sixth seal event.

D&C 77:10-11
10 Q. What time are the things spoken of in this chapter to be accomplished?A. They are to be accomplished in the sixth thousand years, or the opening of the sixth seal.
11 Q. What are we to understand by sealing the one hundred and forty-four thousand, out of all the tribes of Israel—twelve thousand out of every tribe?A. We are to understand that those who are sealed are high priests, ordained unto the holy order of God, to administer the everlasting gospel; for they are they who are ordained out of every nation, kindred, tongue, and people, by the angels to whom is given power over the nations of the earth, to bring as many as will come to the church of the Firstborn.

See also https://www.lds.org/scriptures/nt/rev/7?lang=eng
I believe the choosing of the 144,000 and the execution of the gathering are separate.
Revelation 7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.
2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
Though the events in the chapters are not necessarily sequential, the sixth seal is opened in chapter 6, the seventh in chapter 8. The next time they are mentioned is in chapter 14:
1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father’s name written in their foreheads.
2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
"Being the firstfruits" unto God and to the Lamb could be an indication that the 144,000 are largely, if not entirely, resurrected beings.

Shadow already mentioned this awesome quote:
“I attended prayer-meeting with the quorum in the assembly room, and made some remarks respecting the hundred and forty-four thousand mentioned by John the Revelator, showing that the selection of persons to form that number had already commenced.” -Joseph Smith (HC, J SMITH 6:196)
This sounds like it was being done elsewhere ...

The selection process during the 6th seal of Revelation 7 seems to me is taking place in heaven and not on the earth. These are souls being "sealed" - having the father's name to be "sealed' in their foreheads. This is a future promise where this sealed name will be unsealed and revealed to them when they fulfill their mission or when they overcome.
First, I shall begin by quoting from the prophecy of Enoch, speaking of the last days: "Righteousness will I send down out of heaven, and truth will I send forth out of the earth, to bear testimony of mine Only Begotten, His resurrection from the dead (this resurrection I understand to be the corporeal body); yea, and also the resurrection of all men; righteousness and truth will I cause to sweep the earth as with a flood, to gather out mine own elect from the four quarters of the earth, unto a place which I shall prepare, a Holy City, that my people may gird up their loins, and be looking forth for the time of my coming, for there shall be my tabernacle, and it shall be called Zion a New Jerusalem." (Moses 7:62)

Now I understand by this quotation, that God clearly manifested to Enoch the redemption which He prepared, by offering the Messiah as a Lamb slain from before the foundation of the world; and by virtue of the same, the glorious resurrection of the Savior, and the resurrection of all the human family, even a resurrection of their corporeal bodies, is brought to pass; and also righteousness and truth are to sweep the earth as with a flood. And now, I ask, how righteousness and truth are going to sweep the earth as with a flood? I will answer. Men and angels are to be co-workers in bringing to pass this great work, and Zion is to be prepared, even a new Jerusalem, for the elect that are to be gathered from the four quarters of the earth, and to be established an holy city, for the tabernacle of the Lord shall be with them. ~ Joseph Smith TPJS p. 84
Joseph Smith is speaking of the gathering of Israel - the task assigned to the Root (D&C 113) and to the 144,000. These are the stewards of each tribe assigned to gather them to prepare the bride for the bridgegroom.

There is a heavenly hymn revealed in D&C 84:98 that may be the song of Revelation 14:3 according to an LDS manual.
D&C 84:99 Until all shall know me, who remain, even from the least unto the greatest, and shall be filled with the knowledge of the Lord, and shall see eye to eye, and shall lift up their voice, and with the voice together sing this new song, saying:

The Lord hath brought again Zion;
The Lord hath redeemed his people, Israel,
According to the election of grace,
Which was brought to pass by the faith
And covenant of their fathers.

The Lord hath redeemed his people;
And Satan is bound and time is no longer.
The Lord hath gathered all things in one.
The Lord hath brought down Zion from above.
The Lord hath brought up Zion from beneath.

The earth hath travailed and brought forth her strength;
And truth is established in her bowels;
And the heavens have smiled upon her;
And she is clothed with the glory of her God;
For he stands in the midst of his people.

Glory, and honor, and power, and might,
Be ascribed to our God; for he is full of mercy,
Justice, grace and truth, and peace,
Forever and ever, Amen.
D&C 77:11 Q. What are we to understand by sealing the one hundred and forty-four thousand, out of all the tribes of Israel—twelve thousand out of every tribe?
A. We are to understand that those who are sealed are high priests, ordained unto the holy order of God, to administer the everlasting gospel; for they are they who are ordained out of every nation, kindred, tongue, and people, by the angels to whom is given power over the nations of the earth, to bring as many as will come to the church of the Firstborn.
D&C 77:14 Q. What are we to understand by the little book which was eaten by John, as mentioned in the 10th chapter of Revelation?
A. We are to understand that it was a mission, and an ordinance, for him to gather the tribes of Israel; behold, this is Elias, who, as it is written, must come and restore all things.
D&C 113:5 What is the root of Jesse spoken of in the 10th verse of the 11th chapter?
6 Behold, thus saith the Lord, it is a descendant of Jesse, as well as of Joseph, unto whom rightly belongs the priesthood, and the keys of the kingdom, for an ensign, and for the gathering of my people in the last days.
Hrm ... it reads like John and the Root may have the same mission. Could they be the same person? :-?

ExtraCelestial
captain of 10

Post by ExtraCelestial »

https://rsc.byu.edu/archived/book-mormo ... ming-jesus

This list gives a great amount of details surrounding the events leading up to the Second Coming

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

The Building of New Jerusalem. The Savior described how latter-day Israel will build a city “which shall be called the New Jerusalem” (3 Ne. 21:23). When it is built, “the power of heaven [shall] come down among them; and, ...

Stars are powered by Nuclear Fusion thereby creating new elements. An example of a celestial body being fueled by the conversion of matter into energy.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Dragon wrote: May 10th, 2017, 6:47 pm When I added up all the 'confirmed' future events and used the shortest time between them, I personally came up with the date of 2070 for Jesus rising as the morning sun, which most herald as the true beginning of the Millennium of Peace. However, even after that event, there will likely be a few years during which the remainder of the wicked kill each other off before the true peace begins.
As for the 7 years of tribulation, this is a calculation done by non-LDS church leaders. No LDS church leader has ever confirmed a set number of days or years designated as the days of tribulation. But in fact, many scriptures say people will wonder why the Lord has delayed his coming. That tells me there will be more than 7 years of tribulation, though exactly how many, we cannot say.
The best rule to live by is to be prepared to meet the Savior by the end of the day, every day, and listen to the prophets and the Spirit to know when you need to take action.

Good point :). I believe that there will be 7 years between the opening of the 7th seal & the Second Coming. The 7th seal should open in 2093 with the Second Coming in 2100. This is entirely based off of the 7 vials of wrath in Revelation.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

freedomforall wrote: April 29th, 2017, 6:15 pm
onefour1 wrote: April 29th, 2017, 1:14 pm Does the sun hide its light, the moon turn to blood, and the stars fall from heaven at the time Christ appears on earth or does this happen when Christ starts to come to the earth in the heavens somewhere?

Another possibility is that there may be a very short time frame between the sixth and seventh seals
How far do you think we’re into the 6th seal?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Z2100 wrote: July 25th, 2017, 1:22 pm
freedomforall wrote: April 29th, 2017, 6:15 pm

Another possibility is that there may be a very short time frame between the sixth and seventh seals
How far do you think we’re into the 6th seal?
Just as far as God wants us to be. No one knows when Jesus is coming back, not even the angels in heaven, so speculating is rather a fruitless venture. We are told to watch for signs and to be prepared, but not to spend hours trying to put everything in a chronological sequence for the purpose of sensationalism. My belief is, and I'm content to feel and know, that he'll come when he comes and not before. The ultimate decision is to be made by the Majesty on High, because Jesus, himself, has no knowledge of the exact date he is coming.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

From Doctrines of Salvation, Vol 3

SIGNS PRECEDING SECOND COMING

WHEN WILL CHRIST COME?

SECOND COMING WILL BE TOMORROW. I was asked, not long ago, if I could tell when the Lord would come. I answered, Yes; and I answer, Yes, now. I know when he will come. He will come tomorrow. We have his word for it. Let me read it

"Behold, now it is called today until the coming of the Son of Man, and verily it is a day of sacrifice, and a day for the tithing of my people; for he that is tithed shall not be burned at his coming." (Now there is a discourse sufficient on tithing.) "For after today cometh the burning — this is speaking after the manner of the Lord -- for verily I say, tomorrow all the proud and they that do wickedly shall be as stubble; and I will burn them up, for I am the Lord of Hosts; and I will not spare any that remain in Babylon." 1. 1

So the Lord is coming, I say, tomorrow. Then let us be prepared. Elder Orson F. Whitney used to write about the Saturday Evening of Time. We are living in the Saturday Evening of Time. This is the 6th day now drawing to its close, When the Lord says it is today until his coming, that, I think, is what he has in mind, for he shall come in the morning of the Sabbath, or seventh day of the earth's temporal existence, to inaugurate the millennial reign and to take his rightful place as King of kings and Lord of lords, to rule and reign upon the earth, as it is his right.

Satan has usurped power and authority from the beginning, and men have followed him, but his day is drawing to its close, and the day is dawning for Israel, for Zion, for the universal establishment of truth, when the earth shall be cleansed of all impurity, all wickedness, for when Christ comes that which is wicked cannot remain.

https://ia801305.us.archive.org/6/items ... 3_djvu.txt