Election is just around the corner, Julie Rowe is speaking again.

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Re: Election is just around the corner, Julie Rowe is speaking again.

Post by Spaced_Out »

thisisspartaaa wrote: What harsh judgment against me! For someone who says not to judge others you sure are coming out swinging! What harsh judgment against other members in fast and testimony meeting too. But it doesn't stop there. Oh no! In addition to your harsh judgment, now you speak for God and say punishment is coming my way...after saying the pot is calling the kettle black...
Claiming that another member in good standing with the church is a false prophet is judgmental - so I call you out on it.

Spence who gave the vision in the publication 'Visions of Glory', who last I heard is serving as a Bishop and works for the church, stated that he say like 50% of residence in Salt lake City perish in an earthquake. These kinds of destruction's are scriptural. It is obvious that it is the work of God and due to the wickedness of the people not just some random event.
Sure wicked and righteous will die alike but those that live righteously and still have a purpose to fulfill will be saved in a miraculous ways where others will perish. The sifting of the wheat and tares is coming - no point in getting excited that people die because they are wicked.

KillerPanda
captain of 10

Post by KillerPanda »

I have read statements from most posts that people have prayed about Julie. Some have recieved for strong experiances going for her claims and others recieving witness that they are not true. I dont get how so many people get different impressions? I also dont get why so many of you attack and tear each other down. I actually started to read this forum trying to find answers. I have even had different Bishops say totally oposite things about Julie, Steak Presidents as well. Someone on this forum has to be related to or know someone of the 12 that can settle this once and for all. The pesonal experiance or revelation thing its seems flawed..because so many good and faithful people on this forum have to many different experiances..You all are reciting so much scripture at eachother and calling each other heretics in the same breath..someone pick up a phone and call someone please..I dont know anyone at the top..i tried to call and I got told to ask my local authority but they are just as all over the place as you guys are.. So frustrating..

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Thank you for that post, KillerPanda. I once attended a talk given by Julie Rowe in my area that was hosted by a stake president. Others here have claimed their stake president warned them against anything she has to say. I suspect that some people really want to believe what she has said, others really don't want to believe her, and this inherent bias influences each of us.

I tend to see truth in persecution; the more some idea is negatively judged and attacked the more I tend to look for truth in that idea. Scientology is something that all of us should oppose, yet I only see two posts in this forum mentioning scientology in the last two years and both were comparing Rowe to scientology. It seems some member of this forum put as much effort into tearing down Rowe as some of my relatives put into tearing down the LDS church.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

brianj wrote: I suspect that some people really want to believe what she has said, others really don't want to believe her, and this inherent bias influences each of us.
That may be true for some. For me it was discernment. Her fruits of her prophesies not coming to pass and her false doctrine teachings verified she was false. It wasn't a matter of wanting or not wanting to believe her.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

shadow wrote:
brianj wrote: I suspect that some people really want to believe what she has said, others really don't want to believe her, and this inherent bias influences each of us.
That may be true for some. For me it was discernment. Her fruits of her prophesies not coming to pass and her false doctrine teachings verified she was false. It wasn't a matter of wanting or not wanting to believe her.
I could easily quote people who stated they did not want to believe her, but felt that she spoke truth and have therefore started taking their food storage and other preparations seriously. Since her books became popular I have observed a significant increase in the number of people attending Saturday evening stake conference sessions, the occasional Sunday evening stake meeting, and Stake priesthood meetings - the meetings that so many people seemed to consider unnecessary or optional.

I could easily quote scripture or statements from general authorities that suggest or imply a gathering in the future. You could just as easily cite references to support an argument that there will be no general or regional gatherings. But consider this: If a call to gather happens, and a few people in each ward are familiar with Rowe's claims, they will be more likely to accept the invitation and will be prepared to encourage others to heed the call.

Yes, some people go overboard after hearing her message. But some people have gone overboard following church counsel to prepare. The church has released statements urging people to not go into debt to buy food storage or make panic purchases more than once because people react to the food storage counsel with fear.

BackBlast
captain of 100

Post by BackBlast »

KillerPanda wrote:I have read statements from most posts that people have prayed about Julie. Some have recieved for strong experiances going for her claims and others recieving witness that they are not true. I dont get how so many people get different impressions? I also dont get why so many of you attack and tear each other down. I actually started to read this forum trying to find answers. I have even had different Bishops say totally oposite things about Julie, Steak Presidents as well. Someone on this forum has to be related to or know someone of the 12 that can settle this once and for all. The pesonal experiance or revelation thing its seems flawed..because so many good and faithful people on this forum have to many different experiances..You all are reciting so much scripture at eachother and calling each other heretics in the same breath..someone pick up a phone and call someone please..I dont know anyone at the top..i tried to call and I got told to ask my local authority but they are just as all over the place as you guys are.. So frustrating..
You should be less troubled by this. My first question to you is, does it really matter? Has Julie imparted something so vital to you that you must know the source?

If it's just last days curiosity, I might recommend that you seek to acquire the spiritual gift(s) that allow you to be taught directly from the Lord. Baring that, you should be able to get your own personal answer on the topic.

Some people will receive different answers on the topic depending somewhat on the question they ask. Broad questions are more likely to get a negative response because the Spirit cannot deceive you. "Is everything she says correct...?" Well, one falsehood even amongst 99% accuracy will still yield a negative response. Even with a divine source for her material she is likely to fail that question. While a question along the lines of "Will I benefit from reading her books?" may yield a positive response even if she she has a fraudulent basis for her books. That answer can be totally personal, as your position in life may be such that there is something important you may need to learn can be taught to you through one of her books. Getting your house in the proper order through a bit of fear that the Lord's coming might be near might be just what the doctor ordered. Or, you may get a negative response because you will freeze and hole up in your room in panic from the horrible scenes that flood your mind. Paralysis is not good for you. Then there's always the possibility that some people are getting the entirely wrong answers due to preconceptions of their own. Her abrasive personality is likely to affect preconceptions about her.

Regardless, you cannot live on borrowed light. Which includes Julie's possible light.

One question I like to ask regarding this kind of material is "Is this mostly right?". Which usually is a good bell-weather if I should invest time into studying it and incorporating it into my world view. I've prayed about my own recordings about my own personal dreams and even then get negative answers on "is this all correct?", clearly my recording is less than perfectly faithful. But I will get positive responses to "Is this mostly correct?". So I see it's still useful generally, I may parse that down individually on important details.
Last edited by BackBlast on October 10th, 2016, 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

KillerPanda wrote:I have read statements from most posts that people have prayed about Julie. Some have recieved for strong experiances going for her claims and others recieving witness that they are not true. I dont get how so many people get different impressions? I also dont get why so many of you attack and tear each other down. I actually started to read this forum trying to find answers. I have even had different Bishops say totally oposite things about Julie, Steak Presidents as well. Someone on this forum has to be related to or know someone of the 12 that can settle this once and for all. The pesonal experiance or revelation thing its seems flawed..because so many good and faithful people on this forum have to many different experiances..You all are reciting so much scripture at eachother and calling each other heretics in the same breath..someone pick up a phone and call someone please..I dont know anyone at the top..i tried to call and I got told to ask my local authority but they are just as all over the place as you guys are.. So frustrating..

The good news is - you don't need to know if Julie is speaking the truth or not for your personal salvation. The Lord gives us agency and will not give us all the answers to test and try our faith at times. Here is one thing after reading the popular NDE out there - in some degree most of what Julie Rowe says has already been said by prophets of old - she has her dates way off and she may sensationalize them but we already know we should be prepared. I enjoy reading NDE but I put little stock in them.

I find it interesting that there are people who have prayed about Julie and her message. I would be completely embarrassed to go to the Lord and pray about Julie - I personally think it's mocking the way he delivers his word. He has given apostles and prophets to proclaim his gospel and teach us the path we are to be on - The NDE's for me are more of a hobby or entertainment it's not the correct path. For those who say that these books have "brought them closer to God or got them back on path" - they better be careful because these actions will be short lived and they will find themselves back off the path soon. The iron rod is the word of God which is mainly - Holy Ghost, Scriptures and current prophets - that is what you must hold fast to. With good better and best - we need the best things to survive these last days.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

brianj wrote:
shadow wrote:
I could easily quote people who stated they did not want to believe her, but felt that she spoke truth and have therefore started taking their food storage and other preparations seriously. Since her books became popular I have observed a significant increase in the number of people attending Saturday evening stake conference sessions, the occasional Sunday evening stake meeting, and Stake priesthood meetings - the meetings that so many people seemed to consider unnecessary or optional.

I could easily quote scripture or statements from general authorities that suggest or imply a gathering in the future. You could just as easily cite references to support an argument that there will be no general or regional gatherings. But consider this: If a call to gather happens, and a few people in each ward are familiar with Rowe's claims, they will be more likely to accept the invitation and will be prepared to encourage others to heed the call.

Yes, some people go overboard after hearing her message. But some people have gone overboard following church counsel to prepare. The church has released statements urging people to not go into debt to buy food storage or make panic purchases more than once because people react to the food storage counsel with fear.
Being prepared is great, the church has been preaching that message for over 100 yrs. It's the imminent earthquake, her "visitations" from the dead, including her her good friend Joan, it's her false doctrine...

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

shadow wrote:
That and her practice of energy healing which has been attributed to one of Satan's arts by early apostles is why I know she is false.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

shadow wrote:
brianj wrote:
shadow wrote:

Being prepared is great, the church has been preaching that message for over 100 yrs. It's the imminent earthquake, her "visitations" from the dead, including her her good friend Joan, it's her false doctrine...
Soon we will all find out that her good friend Joan is actually Lucifer in drag.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

How many times does Julie have to be wrong before she gets classified as a false Prophetess?

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

MrNasty wrote:
shadow wrote:
brianj wrote:
shadow wrote: That may be true for some. For me it was discernment. Her fruits of her prophesies not coming to pass and her false doctrine teachings verified she was false. It wasn't a matter of wanting or not wanting to believe her.

Soon we will all find out that her good friend Joan is actually Lucifer in drag.
Good grief! Wow! Poty

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

By the mouth of two or three witness the truth is established. They just go for Rowe as she is more out there and more public. It seems if they can discredit her then they can discredit all the others that have had NDE and say very similar things. There are many from early church history, up to Sarah Menet and then a long line of persons who have recently published books and given talks on what they have seen. To my knowledge they are all still active temple recommend holders.
We all agree it is not scripture and personal revelation for the individual they may be of benefit to those reading the visions etc.. Early church history they used to regularly publish visions that people had in monthly news print. I can't see what the big boohoo is all about. I defend them because I get personal benefit from reading what they have written and encourage others that have had similar experiences to do the same. But the onslaught of hate and prejudice and unrighteous judgement is so intense that others back away and keep things to themselves. It is clearly prophesied that in the last days that many old, young male and female will have visions and dreams - to deny them all and say they are acting outside of PH authority is wrong - it is not how things work. Again in early church history many had visions of future events like moving to the Salt lake Valley etc...

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Sarah Menet?? Yes, please resurrect her prophecies! #-o

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Spaced_Out wrote:
By the mouth of two or three witness the truth is established. They just go for Rowe as she is more out there and more public. It seems if they can discredit her then they can discredit all the others that have had NDE and say very similar things. There are many from early church history, up to Sarah Menet and then a long line of persons who have recently published books and given talks on what they have seen. To my knowledge they are all still active temple recommend holders.
We all agree it is not scripture and personal revelation for the individual they may be of benefit to those reading the visions etc.. Early church history they used to regularly publish visions that people had in monthly news print. I can't see what the big boohoo is all about. I defend them because I get personal benefit from reading what they have written and encourage others that have had similar experiences to do the same. But the onslaught of hate and prejudice and unrighteous judgement is so intense that others back away and keep things to themselves. It is clearly prophesied that in the last days that many old, young male and female will have visions and dreams - to deny them all and say they are acting outside of PH authority is wrong - it is not how things work. Again in early church history many had visions of future events like moving to the Salt lake Valley etc...
I am sorry if I don't believe in aliens sending chimpanzee intelligent like creatures to the earth. This is one of Sarah Menet's proposals. I have nothing personal against Sarah Menet but I have to question her judgement when she goes down this path. Sarah sounds like she is genuine and may indeed have seen what she did but some of the fruit is questionable witch causes me to doubt the other things she has said.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

shadow wrote:Sarah Menet?? Yes, please resurrect her prophecies! #-o
=)) Masochist.

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

Not Julie Rowe again. *facepalm*

Ok. I will flat out prophesy right not. Not one single thing. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Niet. Nien! Will happen in any relation to the Second Coming and/or End of the World prior to November 1, 2016 at 00:01am. Also! Obama will not take over the world. He will not stop the elections. The United Nations will not take over. The U.S. vote will happen by November 8, 2016. And either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump will take office by the day its officially supposed to happen - Friday, January 20, 2017, right?

Now. If my prophecies come true, will people come back here and declare me a more reliable prophet than Julie Rowe?

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

FTC wrote:Not Julie Rowe again. *facepalm*

Ok. I will flat out prophesy right not. Not one single thing. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Niet. Nien! Will happen in any relation to the Second Coming and/or End of the World prior to November 1, 2016 at 00:01am. Also! Obama will not take over the world. He will not stop the elections. The United Nations will not take over. The U.S. vote will happen by November 8, 2016. And either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump will take office by the day its officially supposed to happen - Friday, January 20, 2017, right?

Now. If my prophecies come true, will people come back here and declare me a more reliable prophet than Julie Rowe?
Oh, someone is threatening Hector Sosa's prophecy. Showdown on the ldsff!

My money is on you.

thisisspartaaa
captain of 100

Post by thisisspartaaa »

Spaced_Out wrote:
thisisspartaaa wrote: What harsh judgment against me! For someone who says not to judge others you sure are coming out swinging! What harsh judgment against other members in fast and testimony meeting too. But it doesn't stop there. Oh no! In addition to your harsh judgment, now you speak for God and say punishment is coming my way...after saying the pot is calling the kettle black...
Claiming that another member in good standing with the church is a false prophet is judgmental - so I call you out on it.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the scriptures are clear that false teachers and prophets will be in the church just as much as they will be outside of it. And you "calling me out" on it is judging me. That's hypocritical. My judgment is wrong but yours is right. :-?

Spence who gave the vision in the publication 'Visions of Glory', who last I heard is serving as a Bishop and works for the church, stated that he say like 50% of residence in Salt lake City perish in an earthquake. These kinds of destruction's are scriptural. It is obvious that it is the work of God and due to the wickedness of the people not just some random event.

So it's ok for Spencer to proclaim judgment on 50% of the people of Salt Lake. My judgment is wrong but Spencer's is right. :-?

Sure wicked and righteous will die alike but those that live righteously and still have a purpose to fulfill will be saved in a miraculous ways where others will perish. The sifting of the wheat and tares is coming - no point in getting excited that people die because they are wicked.

The sifting of the wheat and tares is all part of the Plan of Salvation. It's not coming...it's been here since the beginning. And speaking of the Plan of Salvation, judgment is all part of the plan. We had to judge between our Father's Plan and Satan's. We learned about these plans. They were taught to us and advocated for by both sides. Likewise, we will be placed in situations where we also must judge the words of others during our time here on earth. The situation regarding Julie Rowe is no different, especially when her words purport to affect the lives of others.

Hypocrisy = the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform. It's ok for you to judge but it's not ok for others to do so. Again, my judgment is wrong but yours, Spencer's and Julie's is ok. Anyone who doesn't conform to your belief is then called a bigot...but that in and of itself is the definition of a bigot.

And that is how I know what you speak and what Spencer speaks and what Julie speaks is not true. God doesn't work that way. He doesn't bully people.

thisisspartaaa
captain of 100

Post by thisisspartaaa »

This is one of my favorite articles that I have read in a while that really put things into perspective for me:

http://www.fairmormon.org/perspectives/ ... use-of-god

God's house is one of order. He has told us how he runs his church. Julie's story is incompatible with how God has set up His church. Sister Hedelius brings up four points that were helpful to me (from D&C 28 and 42):

1) No one receives commandments or revelations in the church except the prophet.

2) Others can have the authority to declare the commandments and revelations with power, and to speak and teach by way of commandment, but when writing should couch it as wisdom instead of commandment.

3) Authority to preach and organize the church comes through ordination by someone with authority

4) That person with authority has to be known by the church and ordained in the church through priesthood channels

I also love what she says about receiving answers:
It’s important to notice what the Lord does not say. He does not say “you all have the gift of the Holy Ghost, so when someone comes among you proclaiming revelation and authority, you should be able to just discern if it’s legitimate or not without revealed standards to guide you.” We are not told to face a free-for-all anarchy of truth claims out there, any of which might be of equal weight to revelations received through prophets. We know at the outset that some claims are not true.

Again, notice what the Lord did not say. He didn’t say “you all have the gift of the Holy Ghost, so if someone comes along directing how to run the church, you should be able to discern whether or not they’re legit.” The Lord never places that responsibility on us without revealed standards to guide us. If someone claims revelations and authority to preach and lead the church, but didn’t come through official church channels, you know he’s either deceived or deceitful.
So here is how I answer these 4 questions:

1) No one receives commandments or revelations in the church except the prophet.

Only the prophet may receive commandments or revelations that are binding upon God's children. Personal revelation is...personal.

2) Others can have the authority to declare the commandments and revelations with power, and to speak and teach by way of commandment, but when writing should couch it as wisdom instead of commandment.

So others can have authority to declare what the prophet has been given. So how does someone have authority to do this?

3) Authority to preach and organize the church comes through ordination by someone with authority

Authority comes through ordination by someone with authority to give the ordination.

4) That person with authority has to be known by the church and ordained in the church through priesthood channels

So the church has to know that this person has authority and that ordination is facilitated through priesthood channels.

Julie Rowe violates #1. She has taken a personal experience and has imposed commandments from God as a result of her experience. In other words, she is basically saying that God told her things and because of these things you and I will be affected by what God told her. You and I MUST repent or else it's possible you and I will perish in an earthquake (if you happen to live in the Wasatch area) or you and I MUST have food storage because that food storage will be used in the scenario she describes (i.e. tent cities). So therefore, because of her "revelation" you and I must act upon her words or suffer consequences that only she was told about. This is TOTALLY different than a personal revelation.

Julie Rowe violates #2. She even says she has no authority. But to declare the commandments and revelations from the prophet requires authority.

Julie Rowe violates #3. Having firesides on church property and writing books not only to tell her experience but to affect other people's behavior in response to her experience is attempting to preach and organize the church. She even says how the church will be organized due to the things she has seen. This is only allowed by someone with authority.

Julie Rowe violates #4. This person must be made known to the church. This is why every General Conference we sustain our general authorities. It is why every calling, priesthood advancement and even baptism into the church is made known to the congregation. This principle alone is enough to dispel the WHOLE Julie Rowe thing. If she was legit the Lord would see to it that she was made known to all the Saints! We would have the opportunity to sustain her.

Anyways, I hope this helps.

thisisspartaaa
captain of 100

Post by thisisspartaaa »

brianj wrote:Thank you for that post, KillerPanda. I once attended a talk given by Julie Rowe in my area that was hosted by a stake president. Others here have claimed their stake president warned them against anything she has to say. I suspect that some people really want to believe what she has said, others really don't want to believe her, and this inherent bias influences each of us.

I tend to see truth in persecution; the more some idea is negatively judged and attacked the more I tend to look for truth in that idea. Scientology is something that all of us should oppose, yet I only see two posts in this forum mentioning scientology in the last two years and both were comparing Rowe to scientology. It seems some member of this forum put as much effort into tearing down Rowe as some of my relatives put into tearing down the LDS church.
It's negative and attacked in your eyes. Many could say the same thing about your responses. I think several members on this forum have been very fair in their critique of Julie Rowe -- something you avoid in your post above.

I'm also sure that someone who believes in Scientology would find your comments negative also. ;)

thisisspartaaa
captain of 100

Post by thisisspartaaa »

brianj wrote:
shadow wrote:

Let's be real here. Her books are not popular. A very very very very very very very small portion of the church knows who she is. Most LDS haven't even heard of her.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

shadow wrote:Sarah Menet?? Yes, please resurrect her prophecies! #-o

As you wish...

A couple of things from my notes when I listened to her speak on the following date.

Sarah Menet Orem 11-9-07

Major food shortages in 2008.

Utah will get a major EQ. Scientist told her we are expecting a major EQ 8.0/8.5 in Utah this winter.

Tidal waves are coming. “You better start panicking.”

“I don’t give timelines, I will say in the next three years more earthquakes, tidal waves, islands hit, thousands will die, tidal waves will take out both East and West coast.”

Q&A Asked about timeframe for events to begin. Ranell said spring, asked if Sarah concurred, “2-3 years”, again said does not give timelines.

From Cedar City seminar Aug 2006:

Friday session:

Sarah and Roger both talked about feelings they have had regarding something very bad happening within the next 2 - 3 months.

Sarah is very concerned with a plague and is taking special precautions to be ready for an infection or pestilence of some sort to come upon us soon, as in this fall/winter.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

But what about the child-eating ants?? And the diseases? And the imminent food shortages?.... All supposed to happen almost a decade ago. And some still call her a prophetess?
I had a similar denial episode when I was in high school. I was a huge L.A. Rams fan. Huge! Henry Ellard, Flipper Anderson and Jim Everett were going to take that team to the super bowl, every year. Problem was they stunk and couldn't even win half their games.

Hey Rowe and Menet fans-- they stink! Their prophecies did not come to pass. Times up. Fail. Take a dose of reality.

capctr
captain of 100

Post by capctr »

shadow wrote:But what about the child-eating ants?? And the diseases? And the imminent food shortages?.... All supposed to happen almost a decade ago. And some still call her a prophetess?
I had a similar denial episode when I was in high school. I was a huge L.A. Rams fan. Huge! Henry Ellard, Flipper Anderson and Jim Everett were going to take that team to the super bowl, every year. Problem was they stunk and couldn't even win half their games.

Hey Rowe and Menet fans-- they stink! Their prophecies did not come to pass. Times up. Fail. Take a dose of reality.
Yeah, good luck with that-they are as much in denial now as you were then.