Time to Fess Up!

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Re: Time to Fess Up!

Post by AI2.0 »

markharr wrote:Did Julie Rowe make predictions about this election cycle? I thought it was just GAS.
Yes, she did. She made several predictions (assassinations, Trump stabbed, Trump towers bombed, riots spreading across the nation) and none of them came true. We've discussed them on a number of threads, beginning with her 'Wasatch wakeup' back in May 2016. But, she wasn't the only one. Shelle McDermott also made predictions which didn't happen and Hector Sosa predicted Obama would be the last President and when Trump is sworn in on Friday, he'll be proven wrong(again) as well.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Rensai wrote:
Onsdag wrote:
Rensai wrote:
rewcox wrote:
What do you call spamming post after post on predictions that don't happen?????????????
Poor judgement I suppose. Something we're all guilty of at times. What does it matter? Put him on ignore or something instead. Are you trying to justify the mockery? Which scripture is that in, that says its ok to mock someone as long as you feel they really deserve it?
Does the story and example of the Prophet Elijah count wherein he mocked false prophets, priests, and teachers, found in 1 Kings 18?
17 ¶And it came to pass, when Ahab saw Elijah, that Ahab said unto him, Art thou he that troubleth Israel?
18 And he answered, I have not troubled Israel; but thou, and thy father’s house, in that ye have forsaken the commandments of the Lord, and thou hast followed Baalim.
19 Now therefore send, and gather to me all Israel unto mount Carmel, and the prophets of Baal four hundred and fifty, and the prophets of the groves four hundred, which eat at Jezebel’s table.
20 So Ahab sent unto all the children of Israel, and gathered the prophets together unto mount Carmel.
21 And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the Lord be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.
22 Then said Elijah unto the people, I, even I only, remain a prophet of the Lord; but Baal’s prophets are four hundred and fifty men.
23 Let them therefore give us two bullocks; and let them choose one bullock for themselves, and cut it in pieces, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under: and I will dress the other bullock, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under:
24 And call ye on the name of your gods, and I will call on the name of the Lord: and the God that answereth by fire, let him be God. And all the people answered and said, It is well spoken.
25 And Elijah said unto the prophets of Baal, Choose you one bullock for yourselves, and dress it first; for ye are many; and call on the name of your gods, but put no fire under.
26 And they took the bullock which was given them, and they dressed it, and called on the name of Baal from morning even until noon, saying, O Baal, hear us. But there was no voice, nor any that answered. And they leaped upon the altar which was made.
27 And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked.
28 And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them.
29 And it came to pass, when midday was past, and they prophesied until the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that there was neither voice, nor any to answer, nor any that regarded.
30 And Elijah said unto all the people, Come near unto me. And all the people came near unto him. And he repaired the altar of the Lord that was broken down.
31 And Elijah took twelve stones, according to the number of the tribes of the sons of Jacob, unto whom the word of the Lord came, saying, Israel shall be thy name:
32 And with the stones he built an altar in the name of the Lord: and he made a trench about the altar, as great as would contain two measures of seed.
33 And he put the wood in order, and cut the bullock in pieces, and laid him on the wood, and said, Fill four barrels with water, and pour it on the burnt sacrifice, and on the wood.
34 And he said, Do it the second time. And they did it the second time. And he said, Do it the third time. And they did it the third time.
35 And the water ran round about the altar; and he filled the trench also with water.
36 And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, Lord God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word.
37 Hear me, O Lord, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the Lord God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again.
38 Then the fire of the Lord fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.
39 And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The Lord, he is the God; the Lord, he is the God.
40 And Elijah said unto them, Take the prophets of Baal; let not one of them escape. And they took them: and Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon, and slew them there.
Not only did he openly mock these false prophets (vs. 27), but he also mocked, belittled, and humiliated them in more subtle ways, such as having four barrels of water dumped on his own sacrifice - not once, not twice, but three times - until it was thoroughly saturated, to prove to the false prophets and the people that his God was more powerful than theirs. Oh, and after the false prophets were proven as false Elijah had every last one gathered up and killed. Was that too harsh?
That's awesome, great find. I didn't think about that story, still, I think that is more of an exception on how to treat people rather than the rule, wouldn't you agree? All I've been trying to say is that all the mockery and contempt directed at KRM is a pretty poor way to treat someone. Its amazing how many people are trying to defend it. I haven't followed KRM's posts as much as many of you, I usually just pop in once in a while and see if there's anything interesting posted. Perhaps if I had read more, I'd feel more like most of the posts here, but from where I'm sitting, the mockery and hostility here seem pretty shocking. I just wanted to share a reminder about that. I tend towards sarcasm myself, which also isn't very nice, and I like a reminder once in a while when that happens. In any case, I'm tired of trying to defend something so basic as the need to treat others with kindness on an LDS forum, so I'm done with this thread.
No offense, but I think criticism often comes from those who only 'pop in' every so often and so they lack a full understanding of what we've been dealing with month in and month out. KirtlandRM needs to admit that he's wrong in this situation, because in the past, he said he would and yet, he never does. I think patience with him is wearing thin and so some are giving in to mockery.

And Elijah DID mock the false priests who were leading the people astray. IMO, some of these people are guilty of that as well. They continue to encourage others to believe in things that are not true and if left unchecked, I'm afraid the forum could be overrun.

Todd
captain of 100

Post by Todd »

AI2.0 wrote:
Rensai wrote:
Onsdag wrote:
Rensai wrote: Poor judgement I suppose. Something we're all guilty of at times. What does it matter? Put him on ignore or something instead. Are you trying to justify the mockery? Which scripture is that in, that says its ok to mock someone as long as you feel they really deserve it?
Does the story and example of the Prophet Elijah count wherein he mocked false prophets, priests, and teachers, found in 1 Kings 18?
17 ¶And it came to pass, when Ahab saw Elijah, that Ahab said unto him, Art thou he that troubleth Israel?
18 And he answered, I have not troubled Israel; but thou, and thy father’s house, in that ye have forsaken the commandments of the Lord, and thou hast followed Baalim.
19 Now therefore send, and gather to me all Israel unto mount Carmel, and the prophets of Baal four hundred and fifty, and the prophets of the groves four hundred, which eat at Jezebel’s table.
20 So Ahab sent unto all the children of Israel, and gathered the prophets together unto mount Carmel.
21 And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the Lord be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.
22 Then said Elijah unto the people, I, even I only, remain a prophet of the Lord; but Baal’s prophets are four hundred and fifty men.
23 Let them therefore give us two bullocks; and let them choose one bullock for themselves, and cut it in pieces, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under: and I will dress the other bullock, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under:
24 And call ye on the name of your gods, and I will call on the name of the Lord: and the God that answereth by fire, let him be God. And all the people answered and said, It is well spoken.
25 And Elijah said unto the prophets of Baal, Choose you one bullock for yourselves, and dress it first; for ye are many; and call on the name of your gods, but put no fire under.
26 And they took the bullock which was given them, and they dressed it, and called on the name of Baal from morning even until noon, saying, O Baal, hear us. But there was no voice, nor any that answered. And they leaped upon the altar which was made.
27 And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked.
28 And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them.
29 And it came to pass, when midday was past, and they prophesied until the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that there was neither voice, nor any to answer, nor any that regarded.
30 And Elijah said unto all the people, Come near unto me. And all the people came near unto him. And he repaired the altar of the Lord that was broken down.
31 And Elijah took twelve stones, according to the number of the tribes of the sons of Jacob, unto whom the word of the Lord came, saying, Israel shall be thy name:
32 And with the stones he built an altar in the name of the Lord: and he made a trench about the altar, as great as would contain two measures of seed.
33 And he put the wood in order, and cut the bullock in pieces, and laid him on the wood, and said, Fill four barrels with water, and pour it on the burnt sacrifice, and on the wood.
34 And he said, Do it the second time. And they did it the second time. And he said, Do it the third time. And they did it the third time.
35 And the water ran round about the altar; and he filled the trench also with water.
36 And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, Lord God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word.
37 Hear me, O Lord, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the Lord God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again.
38 Then the fire of the Lord fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.
39 And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The Lord, he is the God; the Lord, he is the God.
40 And Elijah said unto them, Take the prophets of Baal; let not one of them escape. And they took them: and Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon, and slew them there.
Not only did he openly mock these false prophets (vs. 27), but he also mocked, belittled, and humiliated them in more subtle ways, such as having four barrels of water dumped on his own sacrifice - not once, not twice, but three times - until it was thoroughly saturated, to prove to the false prophets and the people that his God was more powerful than theirs. Oh, and after the false prophets were proven as false Elijah had every last one gathered up and killed. Was that too harsh?
That's awesome, great find. I didn't think about that story, still, I think that is more of an exception on how to treat people rather than the rule, wouldn't you agree? All I've been trying to say is that all the mockery and contempt directed at KRM is a pretty poor way to treat someone. Its amazing how many people are trying to defend it. I haven't followed KRM's posts as much as many of you, I usually just pop in once in a while and see if there's anything interesting posted. Perhaps if I had read more, I'd feel more like most of the posts here, but from where I'm sitting, the mockery and hostility here seem pretty shocking. I just wanted to share a reminder about that. I tend towards sarcasm myself, which also isn't very nice, and I like a reminder once in a while when that happens. In any case, I'm tired of trying to defend something so basic as the need to treat others with kindness on an LDS forum, so I'm done with this thread.
No offense, but I think criticism often comes from those who only 'pop in' every so often and so they lack a full understanding of what we've been dealing with month in and month out. KirtlandRM needs to admit that he's wrong in this situation, because in the past, he said he would and yet, he never does. I think patience with him is wearing thin and so some are giving in to mockery.

And Elijah DID mock the false priests who were leading the people astray. IMO, some of these people are guilty of that as well. They continue to encourage others to believe in things that are not true and if left unchecked, I'm afraid the forum could be overrun.
AI.2 is right. KRM's non-stop posts of imminent destruction, death and carnage wears on the psyche. He constantly gives us warnings for not listening to him or questioning his sources. On top of that, he shows very little humility when he is shown to be wrong. Yes, pride is a hard thing to overcome. I guarantee you if KRM would show a shred of humility, most of those who criticize him would phrase their words in a kinder tone.

It all goes back to the olds saying of how you treat others is how you will be treated. So, those who mocked KRM should not feel slighted if they get mocked in the future, and so on...

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

Rensai wrote: That's awesome, great find. I didn't think about that story, still, I think that is more of an exception on how to treat people rather than the rule, wouldn't you agree? All I've been trying to say is that all the mockery and contempt directed at KRM is a pretty poor way to treat someone. Its amazing how many people are trying to defend it. I haven't followed KRM's posts as much as many of you, I usually just pop in once in a while and see if there's anything interesting posted. Perhaps if I had read more, I'd feel more like most of the posts here, but from where I'm sitting, the mockery and hostility here seem pretty shocking. I just wanted to share a reminder about that. I tend towards sarcasm myself, which also isn't very nice, and I like a reminder once in a while when that happens. In any case, I'm tired of trying to defend something so basic as the need to treat others with kindness on an LDS forum, so I'm done with this thread.
Understood. And generally speaking I agree with you. We should try and be more gentle and circumspect in how we treat others, especially those of differing beliefs.

However, sometimes it's best to be rather direct and straightforward in correcting individuals, especially those who have shown a habitual tendency of promulgating error and falsehoods as they can, and often do, lead others into error. I might also mention that what one sees as 'mockery' and 'hostility' may be a matter of perspective. The one correcting or calling someone out for their errors may be doing so with the best of intentions and in the best way they know how, while those who find themselves on the receiving end of the chastisement, or even those watching from the sidelines, may see it as rather cruel and overbearing. The prophet Nephi found himself in similar circumstances where he had to correct his wicked brothers, and they felt he was speaking too harshly against them, "more than we are able to bear." He replied that he had spoken to them "according to the truth" and that "the guilty taketh the truth to be hard, for it cutteth them to the very center."

So who is right in our present circumstance? And how do we appropriately correct people or call them out on an issue, without being overbearing or appearing like we are being 'hostile' towards them? Do you have any suggestions?

thisisspartaaa
captain of 100

Post by thisisspartaaa »

Rensai wrote:
Onsdag wrote:
Rensai wrote:
rewcox wrote:
What do you call spamming post after post on predictions that don't happen?????????????
Poor judgement I suppose. Something we're all guilty of at times. What does it matter? Put him on ignore or something instead. Are you trying to justify the mockery? Which scripture is that in, that says its ok to mock someone as long as you feel they really deserve it?
Got it, so basically passing down judgment on a topic you admit to not be following. Why post at all then?

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Everyone is alive!

Trump got a hair cut, looks good.

Minutes from becoming the President of the United States!

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

rewcox wrote:Everyone is alive!

Trump got a hair cut, looks good.

Minutes from becoming the President of the United States!
It's official!

No GAS! No stuff on the fan!

Just democracy in action.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

The GAS prophecy is now like Rasputin

It has been poisoned, stabbed, shot, hung, stretched, disemboweled, and drawn and quartered.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

ירד wrote:And there began to be great doubtings and disputations among the people, notwithstanding so many signs had been given.
This doesn't apply because what was missing in these situations are the SIGNS. What signs have been given? Are your calling the visions/prophecies themselves 'signs' because they clearly have not panned out. We've got a bunch of prophecies which haven't come true--if you ask me, the sign is that they are false.

'By their fruits shall ye know them', is how Christ taught us to identify false prophets. Their fruits are visions, claims, prophecies which have not come true.

I'm not saying that bad things are not going to happen, they will. Personally, I think Pres. Obama has set Trump up to take the fall for HISW eight years of damaging and bad governing. I think we're in for serious financial problems and civil unrest, world unrest, thanks to Obama and the Progressives and the legacy they've left us. I think they plan to take back the government in the next four years by using the media to blame everything on Trump which he and the dems actually have brought about. But, my view is that dreams and visions are suspect and not a good way to try to predict future events. Besides, we don't need a soothsayer to tell us that we're living in perilous times and the problems which come with it. The church has warned us for decades to be spiritually and temporally prepared. If we are living close to the spirit, then we can receive personal revelation to help us make decisions and set up our lives to hopefully avoid some of the pitfalls and traps which might harm us.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

kirtland r.m. wrote:
rewcox wrote:Ok you dreamers and preppers, it is time to fess up. What value has all the dreams and sensationalism accomplished?

What has been going on for the last 2 years around here is nothing short of "the sky is falling" or "crying wolf". Are you really trying to help, or are you trying to hurt?

Here is a "calm" pill for you. https://www.lds.org/ensign/2014/09/are- ... d?lang=eng
Some said that, and I posted some quotes not long ago on the subject, I didn't say that though. As we get closer to the fall U.S. Presidential Election up until Christmas, I will go on record right here and now as saying it is going to hit the fan in a way that almost all Americans and others are going to not believe their eyes. I say that now, and check back with me then if the internet is working. Line up and tell me that I was wrong, and I will admit that. Thing is, I won't be wrong.
The line starts here.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

markharr wrote:The GAS prophecy is now like Rasputin

It has been poisoned, stabbed, shot, hung, stretched, disemboweled, and drawn and quartered.
Don't forget to add Sosa to that list. BHO wasn't the last president. Shocker.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

DesertWonderer wrote:
markharr wrote:The GAS prophecy is now like Rasputin

Don't forget to add Sosa to that list. BHO wasn't the last president. Shocker.

Correct. I also forgot to add that in spite of it being poisoned, stabbed, shot, hung, stretched, disemboweled, and drawn and quartered there will still be people who think it's alive.

Todd
captain of 100

Post by Todd »

I believe the next move of doomsday profiters is to declare that Obama will be the last "full term president." That'll give 'em another 4 years to sell precious metals and survival stuff.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Todd wrote:I believe the next move of doomsday profiters is to declare that Obama will be the last "full term president." That'll give 'em another 4 years to sell precious metals and survival stuff.
Hey Todd, don't go talkin' bad about precious metals.

Sincerely,
Silver

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Keep in mind that Obama is not pure African American. He has some white blood within him... therefore, logically, he does have some European ancestry in him. Not to mention the fact that the GAS prophecy probably suffered from some serious "telephoning" over the years it has been copy, pasted, and discussed.

Now, does that mean that the GAS prophecy is true. Dunno. As I said many times before. I tend to be Agnostic when it comes to end times interpretations.
Last edited by Durzan on January 20th, 2017, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

Can someone just inflate my ego and boost my megalomania about how my prophecies were the ones that actually came true? That would be so swell! B-)
If I had dumped barrels of water on my computer while I was posting my prophecies, would that have done the trick? :))
Last edited by FTC on January 20th, 2017, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Nope.

lone-knight
captain of 50

Post by lone-knight »

I do not post often, but I have to express some gratitude to those of you that try to stay grounded and kind. I have been battling against the end times, Julie Rowe, Hector Sosa, et al. stuff in my home for over 2 years now. It has been the cause of a lot of heartache over that time - including threats of divorce because I have not been willing to run out and get excess food storage.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Durzan wrote:Keep in mind that Obama is not pure African American. He has some white blood within him... therefore, logically, he does have some European ancestry in him.This is pure rationalization. The prophecy was not talking about his DNA, it was talking about what he looked like. Not to mention the fact that the GAS prophecy probably suffered from some serious "telephoning" over the years it has been copy, pasted, and discussed.The prophecy did not suffer from 'telephoning'. His versions are the same as when David Horne wrote them back in 1988-89. They have been copied and pasted but they haven't been modified--EXCEPT by David Horne himself when he changed 'greek'.

Now, does that mean that the GAS prophecy is true. Dunno. As I said many times before. I tend to be Agnostic when it comes to end times interpretations.
The problem is that you are muddying the waters by suggesting possible rationalizations--which if there were valid, might be useful, but the rationalizations you offer are not valid, sorry.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

lone-knight wrote:I do not post often, but I have to express some gratitude to those of you that try to stay grounded and kind. I have been battling against the end times, Julie Rowe, Hector Sosa, et al. stuff in my home for over 2 years now. It has been the cause of a lot of heartache over that time - including threats of divorce because I have not been willing to run out and get excess food storage.
At least you have some 'ammunition' now. Julie Rowe made several definite predictions in her last interview with Bryan Hyde in November which did not come true. Hector Sosa also predicted Pres. Obama would be the last US President and now he has been proven wrong also.

If you have the food storage/emergency supplies suggested by the Church leaders and you have prayed and feel that is sufficient, then I would not worry about going to extremes simply because you have a family member who demands more.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

lone-knight wrote:I do not post often, but I have to express some gratitude to those of you that try to stay grounded and kind. I have been battling against the end times, Julie Rowe, Hector Sosa, et al. stuff in my home for over 2 years now. It has been the cause of a lot of heartache over that time - including threats of divorce because I have not been willing to run out and get excess food storage.
I don't recommend the following comment as my advice, but how would your spouse feel if you threatened them with divorce for wanting to do anything in excess of what the General Authorities have taught the members of the Church?

lone-knight
captain of 50

Post by lone-knight »

Here is an extremely shorten version of events: In the fall of 2015, our daughter was born. My wife started feeling anxious and what she called a 'sense of urgency' that she was certain meant something big. She happened to get a hold of Roger K Young's book and became convinced that her feelings had to do with living in tent cities and preparing for the end times.

She then began seeking out all of the various reports (Julie Rowe, Hector Sosa, 'Spencer', and much more) with the affirmation of, "See all of these people are having dreams that are similar - so it must be true." She also claims to have had a couple of experiences with the voice of the Holy Ghost. The following summer she was diagnosed with schizophrenia and has rejected that diagnosis wholeheartedly. Though she has seen counselors and mental health professionals, she says that they just don't understand because most of them are not LDS.

We have 4 kids and I'm sure that you can imagine the stress that this causes, for them. There are many more details that I can share with those that might be in similar circumstances. All the dates that she decides on come and go, the 'times of tribulation' just roll forward a few months to some other event and some other 'prophesy.' She can't see anything around her except that we don't have enough (according to her), to make it a year or to get teh magic ticket to the tent cities.
Last edited by lone-knight on January 20th, 2017, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lone-knight
captain of 50

Post by lone-knight »

As for the two comments:
"At least you have some 'ammunition' now." - unfortunately no. Her response is that I am just misguided and uninspired because she has told me what needs to happen and I'm not doing it. As well as her stance that no matter what has been said - the bad stuff is on its way. (Nevermind that my kids and I have been living through the heII.
"How would your spouse feel if you threatened them with divorce for wanting to do anything in excess of what the General Authorities have taught the members of the Church?" - She would know that I couldn't follow through with it because she doesn't really have anywhere else to go. I worry about my covenants and the thoughts of 'in sickness and in health...'

lone-knight
captain of 50

Post by lone-knight »

In short - I know it sounds harsh... I wish that these false prophets would understand and care about the damage that they do to other people and to families - when they don't fess up to their failed predictions. I know that my wife is responsible for her own actions (including writing letters to celebrities to beg for food storage money). It is hard when there is no end in sight and just more doomsayers popping up all over the place.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Spider wrote:I appreciate people sharing their dreams, visions and opinions. It doesn't matter to me whether they are correct or not. I find them all interesting theories, and I have no clue as to who is correct or wrong. Doesn't really matter to me. I have followed the church's recommendations on preparations and I will keep listening to the Prophet and my local leaders. The world has gotten a little topsy turvey the last couple years. I expect the next few years will be very interesting. Doesn't really matter what happens in the next few years, however, as long as I keep following the prophet.
Well thank goodness for the prophecy police who dedicate so much of their valuable time to monitoring these forums for lost predictions and failed prophecies. What would we do without you? I'd be hiding under a rock somewhere cradling as many cans of wheat as I could muster.

Seriously though - the food storage racket is a funny thought. I'm sure at least some of these companies have thought about doing something like that haha. :)