Time to Fess Up!

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Time to Fess Up!

Post by Silver »

rewcox wrote:
KurtTheMormon wrote:
rewcox wrote:
KurtTheMormon wrote:My own dreams and the dreams of others have prompted that I successfully establish everything I need to survive when that time rolls around. Otherwise, I may not have made that investment. Now, I am ready for it to happen for the next 40+ years, and to survive for 1-2 years without any assistance from anybody when it does.

And it will, likely within the next one or two. The economy will collapse eventually.
How you doing Kurt?!

Do you have a girlfriend, or moving closer to getting married?
So why are you asking me that? To make fun of me?
No, you said in your visions you would find your wife, so I was wondering if you had.
I know I found the girl of my dreams.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

DesertWonderer wrote:
KurtTheMormon wrote:My own dreams and the dreams of others have prompted that I successfully establish everything I need to survive when that time rolls around. Otherwise, I may not have made that investment. Now, I am ready for it to happen for the next 40+ years, and to survive for 1-2 years without any assistance from anybody when it does.

And it will, likely within the next one or two. The economy will collapse eventually.
You said on another post that Trump would be assassinated I think. When will this happen?
Sorry, did you miss this question?

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

FTC wrote:
lone-knight wrote:In short - I know it sounds harsh... I wish that these false prophets would understand and care about the damage that they do to other people and to families - when they don't fess up to their failed predictions. I know that my wife is responsible for her own actions (including writing letters to celebrities to beg for food storage money). It is hard when there is no end in sight and just more doomsayers popping up all over the place.
This! THIS!!!!!! This is what is wrong with those proclaiming to "know" about when its all going to get really bad, when Jesus is going to return, when the second coming is going to start, and any other stupidity in line with that. This is why I prophesy against their idiotic visions. This is why I mock and ridicule their moronic dreams. This is why I hate them. All of them. Every one of them.

I am in the same boat. The ex-wife's new husband is in love with end-of-world preppers. And my kids keep telling me how he's building up his supplies in preparation to go run off into the wilderness, because "a friend of his had a vision that all the houses are going to burn, and Jesus will come back in 2, maybe 3 years".
You worry about your dumb food storage expiring? Waaaaaa! Booo-Hoooo!! I worry about the day my kids disappear, and I have to go hunt this retard down in the desert and leave his corpse to rot for the vultures.
lone-knight: I wish I could offer you more advice than what has been given. I'm well acquainted with the devastation that can occur from severe mental health challenges. All I can offer is my sympathy and prayers.

This is one of the reasons why I've been so vocal about challenging these self-proclaimed prophets. Undoubtedly mental health challenges are at the root of their own supposed visions, NDEs, etc...and the weak are easily swayed by this garbage.

For example I have knowledge of the following all b/c of JR, Sosa, Spencer et al: One family left everything and went to live in a tent in the woods, When nothing happened after 3 weeks they came back, sold their house and no one in the neighborhood knows what became of them. Another poor man received a very modest inheritance from this father who passed and spent all of it on silver and preps. He really had immediate needs for those funds. Another lady has pressing and needed home improvements to be made but won't fix things as she expects to be in tent-city soon. Others have all of their preps stacked in their living room ready to go at a moments notice--that must be a peaceful way to live. A man's wife divorced and ruined him financially to go with his in-laws in an RV out West to be closer to the tent-cities b/c the gathering would be imminent. One ward in particular has had serious problems as a significant number of people maxed credit cards to buy preps. JR convinced one poor lost soul to get off her doctor prescribes anti-anxiety meds. How devastating that ended up being I don't know but shudder to think. Two families cashed out 1/2 their 401Ks to buy preps as the call out will be happening any day. Our very own krm and his loosening grip on reality is another example, and I have others but it's making my head hurt so I won't go on.

Unfortunately you are not alone. That is why Elder Cook in the last gen conference directly, I thought, address this. It was also directly addressed in a recent Ensign article, by a BYU religion prof a couple years ago and The Church has released 2 statements warning people about JR.

THAT should've been more than enough but sadly it was not.

lone-knight
captain of 50

Post by lone-knight »

DesertWonderer wrote: Unfortunately you are not alone. That is why Elder Cook in the last gen conference directly, I thought, address this. It was also directly addressed in a recent Ensign article, by a BYU religion prof a couple years ago and The Church has released 2 statements warning people about JR.

I appreciate the sentiment and unfortunately, my wife has these thing fixed firmly in her mind. There really isn't any way to reach her. No matter how hard I try. I know it is 'preaching to the choir' but I can say that I strive to just keep my life right with the Lord and know that he is there.

I did do a little bit of research with the RKY stuff and seem to remember that his predictions stated that the call-out/tent cities were supposed to happen in 2008. Any of you with a more familiar knowledge... am I remembering correctly? Also, wasn't the JR earthquake supposed to be before the latest inauguration? I think I need to see a chart of all of these predictions - just to sort it all out. One of the things that my wife insists on bringing up is that it must be true because so many people are having dreams of tent cities. It wears me out.

Interesting that you brought up those examples too because those are all things that my wife has insisted that we should be doing: prepping for tent cities, moving our food storage for accessibility and safety (outside of the cold storage area... she prefers the garage), cashing out 401k, divorcing me because I won't get on the believing train with her. Like I said - I get worn out because I get bombarded with it all day, every day.

lone-knight
captain of 50

Post by lone-knight »

btw - my favorite is the fall back line of, "Of course they (the general authorities) aren't going to tell us anything about it because that would cause a panic. It is left for those of us that are inquiring minds to listen to this additional revelation."

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

lone-knight wrote:btw - my favorite is the fall back line of, "Of course they (the general authorities) aren't going to tell us anything about it because that would cause a panic. It is left for those of us that are inquiring minds to listen to this additional revelation."
Dude, I know. That is such stupid logic. What it in effect means is The 15 would rather see people die horrendous deaths of starvation, torture, etc...than panic them now when things are fine and when they can do something about it. LOL

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

DesertWonderer wrote:
lone-knight wrote:btw - my favorite is the fall back line of, "Of course they (the general authorities) aren't going to tell us anything about it because that would cause a panic. It is left for those of us that are inquiring minds to listen to this additional revelation."
Dude, I know. That is such stupid logic. What it in effect means is The 15 would rather see people die horrendous deaths of starvation, torture, etc...than panic them now when things are fine and when they can do something about it. LOL
The Price of Priesthood Power

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

DesertWonderer wrote:
Well that's exactly what Alma and Amulek did. And I am completely OK with it. Sometimes these things need to happen in order for blood to come upon the people.

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

lone-knight wrote:
DesertWonderer wrote: Unfortunately you are not alone. That is why Elder Cook in the last gen conference directly, I thought, address this. It was also directly addressed in a recent Ensign article, by a BYU religion prof a couple years ago and The Church has released 2 statements warning people about JR.

I appreciate the sentiment and unfortunately, my wife has these thing fixed firmly in her mind. There really isn't any way to reach her. No matter how hard I try. I know it is 'preaching to the choir' but I can say that I strive to just keep my life right with the Lord and know that he is there.

I did do a little bit of research with the RKY stuff and seem to remember that his predictions stated that the call-out/tent cities were supposed to happen in 2008. Any of you with a more familiar knowledge... am I remembering correctly? Also, wasn't the JR earthquake supposed to be before the latest inauguration? I think I need to see a chart of all of these predictions - just to sort it all out. One of the things that my wife insists on bringing up is that it must be true because so many people are having dreams of tent cities. It wears me out.

Interesting that you brought up those examples too because those are all things that my wife has insisted that we should be doing: prepping for tent cities, moving our food storage for accessibility and safety (outside of the cold storage area... she prefers the garage), cashing out 401k, divorcing me because I won't get on the believing train with her. Like I said - I get worn out because I get bombarded with it all day, every day.
You're welcome to show your wife this document I wrote about Julie Rowe, which details many of her inconsistencies on AVOW. http://www.docdroid.net/negu/red-flags.odt.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

She is free to trust in her own impressions and dreams - that is what led many people to AVOW - but it isn't wise to trust anything on AVOW or the internet. Last day prophecies and dreams have been around for so long, that people have used and recycled them endlessly to their own advantage and to steer people onto the wrong paths. I was on AVOW from 2009-2014, and had my own personal wake-up call as to what was going on with some people who were posting there. How many false dreams and false posters were on there I do not know, but now I only trust things that I know for myself, and those of people I know personally. None of the accounts I have ever felt good about had a time-line aspect to it. Unfortunately every claim on AVOW was welcomed, except of course questioning someone's honesty or intent, and so it makes a perfect setting for wolves to lead others astray.

My perspective on Roger Young - his story is that he wrote books about last-day events, he started giving seminars, and people would come up to him with similar sounding dreams, and so he came to believe in the idea of being gathered to tent-cities. If I'm remembering correctly, he claims that Cleon Skousen told him to make a collection of these dreams, and that starting the forum was a way to collect them. I have no real reason not to believe him, but because he is in the prepping business to make money, many question his motives. His son once told me that he "believed all of it." So I don't judge him. His predictions for the timing of things from day one were not from any revelation he claims to have had himself. He is a last-day's analyst really. He is like one of these forever "bears" with the economy trying to predict when the coming crash will happen, using data, and so he had a newsletter which would go into detail about world events, (and he might of taken others' dreams and visions into his analysis too - not sure) and would try to put a timeline out there with his best guess. No one took his predictions as revelation, but as his best guess based off of everything he had read. The AVOW members that were predicting dates were usually one or two members who seemed to always be dreaming and have a lot more claims than everyone else. And then what do you know, they would be selling some book or seminar.
Last edited by Sarah on January 25th, 2017, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

DesertWonderer wrote:
Are the church leaders supposed to be our baby sitters? Are they supposed to tell us everything? Are they supposed to scare us? Is Satan incapable of changing his plans or timelines?

If I were the devil and an ordained prophet gave a specific timeline, I would postpone my plans to discredit that prophet.
One of the common criticisms here of those who share claimed visions of coming tribulations is the accusation that they are fear mongering. Why would people not level that same accusation at general authorities who remind us of prophecies that a socioeconomic collapse is imminent?
I have heard from people who feel a need to acquire food storage but are blocked from doing so by their spouse. In these stories the spouses always express that food storage is a waste of money right now, and that if the time comes when we need to have food storage the church leaders will let us know.

In 1838 the church leaders told members that they should gather to Far West. Not everybody followed this counsel. By your reasoning, what this in effect means is that Joseph Smith and the others would rather see people die horrendous deaths at Haun's Mill then panic them then when things were fine and they could do something about it.

Church leaders will tell us what we need to do. We need to repent, do our best in home and visiting teaching, keep the Sabbath holy, do our family history work, and do many other things to get us spiritually prepared. We have been counseled more times than I care to count to acquire food storage. And I interpreted President Monson's words in the Priesthood session of the last conference as encouraging us to not only abstain from items prohibited by the Word of Wisdom but to get into better physical shape - another form of physical preparation.

The church leaders will tell us to prepare, as they should. They will give hints as to coming troubles, as they should. But telling people to get all their preparations completed by a specific date because after that it will be too late is not how the church has ever done things in the past and is not how the church should do things now.

lone-knight
captain of 50

Post by lone-knight »

brianj wrote: Are the church leaders supposed to be our baby sitters? Are they supposed to tell us everything? Are they supposed to scare us? Is Satan incapable of changing his plans or timelines?

If I were the devil and an ordained prophet gave a specific timeline, I would postpone my plans to discredit that prophet.
One of the common criticisms here of those who share claimed visions of coming tribulations is the accusation that they are fear mongering. Why would people not level that same accusation at general authorities who remind us of prophecies that a socioeconomic collapse is imminent?
I have heard from people who feel a need to acquire food storage but are blocked from doing so by their spouse. In these stories the spouses always express that food storage is a waste of money right now, and that if the time comes when we need to have food storage the church leaders will let us know.

In 1838 the church leaders told members that they should gather to Far West. Not everybody followed this counsel. By your reasoning, what this in effect means is that Joseph Smith and the others would rather see people die horrendous deaths at Haun's Mill then panic them then when things were fine and they could do something about it.

Church leaders will tell us what we need to do. We need to repent, do our best in home and visiting teaching, keep the Sabbath holy, do our family history work, and do many other things to get us spiritually prepared. We have been counseled more times than I care to count to acquire food storage. And I interpreted President Monson's words in the Priesthood session of the last conference as encouraging us to not only abstain from items prohibited by the Word of Wisdom but to get into better physical shape - another form of physical preparation.

The church leaders will tell us to prepare, as they should. They will give hints as to coming troubles, as they should. But telling people to get all their preparations completed by a specific date because after that it will be too late is not how the church has ever done things in the past and is not how the church should do things now.
Ok, I had to parse this reply very carefully because I initially felt that it was an aggressive retort against me. I looked at my own comment and then reread again. My primary issue isn't anything to do with a timeline and I don't think that DesertWonderer felt that way either. My issue is centered around the fact that I haven't found any credible evidence (from general authorities) that the saints are to be gathered into tent cities. You are correct about the counsel that we have been given and I do my best to follow it.

Also, I want to make it clear that my family continues to have food storage and be modest in our endeavors throughout life. The thing that my wife wants is to cash out the 401k and stock up the food storage, so that we are allowed to go to the tent cities. That is the disconnect and the part that frustrates me. For her, we need to stop everything else that we are doing (including expenditures on things like vacations, clothing, and kids' birthdays), because according these other 'prophets' the earthquake is supposed to hit tomorrow, with China and Russia invading next week. In between those events, the call-out happens and we have to be ready to head to the tent cities, or we are going to get beheaded by some Chinese soldier.

In short, no I don't expect or even want our leadership to 'babysit' us. The logical hangup that I have is that the things that she proclaims/parrots from these other sources are difficult to process. Then become even harder when you question the fact that leadership aren't talking about these sorts of things and the response is, "yeah, they are keeping it all secret because..." I hope that all made sense.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

lone-knight wrote:Ok, I had to parse this reply very carefully because I initially felt that it was an aggressive retort against me. I looked at my own comment and then reread again. My primary issue isn't anything to do with a timeline and I don't think that DesertWonderer felt that way either. My issue is centered around the fact that I haven't found any credible evidence (from general authorities) that the saints are to be gathered into tent cities. You are correct about the counsel that we have been given and I do my best to follow it.

Also, I want to make it clear that my family continues to have food storage and be modest in our endeavors throughout life. The thing that my wife wants is to cash out the 401k and stock up the food storage, so that we are allowed to go to the tent cities. That is the disconnect and the part that frustrates me. For her, we need to stop everything else that we are doing (including expenditures on things like vacations, clothing, and kids' birthdays), because according these other 'prophets' the earthquake is supposed to hit tomorrow, with China and Russia invading next week. In between those events, the call-out happens and we have to be ready to head to the tent cities, or we are going to get beheaded by some Chinese soldier.

In short, no I don't expect or even want our leadership to 'babysit' us. The logical hangup that I have is that the things that she proclaims/parrots from these other sources are difficult to process. Then become even harder when you question the fact that leadership aren't talking about these sorts of things and the response is, "yeah, they are keeping it all secret because..." I hope that all made sense.
Thank you for taking the time to read my post carefully. It attacked an idea, but not a person.

One of the people I was referring to has repeatedly expressed frustration over her husband's refusal to even consider acquiring food storage because of his misguided belief that if something is going to happen the church leaders will give a very specific warning.

I wish I had some advice for dealing with your wife. Unfortunately you can't reason with the unreasonable. Even if we had reason to believe a gathering were to happen before the end of this week, it is obvious to reasonable people that we should mostly continue business as usual right up until that event happens for a variety of reasons - the most important of which is what if we're wrong. Hopefully one day soon she'll get tired of always believing things will happen next week and will accept that she needs to continue living her life normally until those bad things start to happen.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

lone-knight wrote:

Here are some of the prophecies that this group of wolves-in-sheep's clothing have prophesied that didn't happen-Actually NOTHING that they have said would happen has happened. NOT one thing but somehow people continue to believe in them.

Julie Rowe
Feb '14 there was to be a bio-terrorist attack in the US and then food shortages later that year.
Sept '15 there was to be an economic crash.
Oct '15 there was to be a major EQ in UT.
Call outs were to begin spring / summer of '16
There were to be multiple assassination attempts prior to the last prez election.
Trump was going to be shot in the chest before the election.
Trump towers was going to be bombed bombed before the election.
There would be mass riots on the Monday after Black Friday as the EBT cards would stop working.
Partial martial law would be declared before inauguration.
She would be surrounded by a media storm when all of this happened

Hector Sosa
Said there would be a UT EQ Oct '14
Said there would be a UT EQ Last fall.
Said Obama was the last president and would declare martial law.

Sara Menet's predictions were all to occur 5- 10 years ago:
bio terrorist attacks
food shortages
EQ
fire meteorites hitting earth
giant ants attacking children
Israel would be nuked

There is much more. If someone wishes to add to the list feel free.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

^^^almost forgot: JR also said Ebola was going to grow much bigger. It did just the opposite.

Todd
captain of 100

Post by Todd »

DesertWonderer wrote:^^^almost forgot: JR also said Ebola was going to grow much bigger. It did just the opposite.
Dang. You beat me to it...

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

setyourselffree wrote:
DesertWonderer wrote:
Well that's exactly what Alma and Amulek did. And I am completely OK with it. Sometimes these things need to happen in order for blood to come upon the people.
Yep; totally the same...except Alma and Amulek were called and ordained of God through the church organization to preach and administer the ordinances of the gospel to those under their stewardship. Other than JR having no authority, no stewardship and no calling it's totally the same.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

lone-knight wrote:
brianj wrote: Are the church leaders supposed to be our baby sitters? Are they supposed to tell us everything? Are they supposed to scare us? Is Satan incapable of changing his plans or timelines?

Ok, I had to parse this reply very carefully because I initially felt that it was an aggressive retort against me. I looked at my own comment and then reread again. My primary issue isn't anything to do with a timeline and I don't think that DesertWonderer felt that way either. My issue is centered around the fact that I haven't found any credible evidence (from general authorities) that the saints are to be gathered into tent cities. You are correct about the counsel that we have been given and I do my best to follow it.

The real danger here is that your wife is urging your family to do something which most of us think it rash and unreasonable---cash out your 401K because she thinks she needs to in order to be allowed in the tent cities. That's the ticket--Rowe, Sosa, and some others have claimed that the church will set these tent cities up and will require that people have a year's supply food and equipment to be allowed to the tent city.

Since this is directly affecting your family, You are in the perfect position to do something about it. I think you should seriously consider writing to someone in church leadership (Area Authority, Apostle--maybe Elder Cook, or First Presidency) explaining your situation with your wife and how this is affecting your family and that you really need some kind of guidance from church leaders.

If you write a letter, you may be joining others who are doing the same(as they also have family members dealing with this) and if it seems like there's a problem, I'm hoping that church leaders will not simply kick this back to the Stake President, but maybe they will be prompted to write a letter of clarification to the wards and stakes(which is done at times) to disavow the claim that tent cities are something the church is planning and that food storage/camping equipment is required or members will be left out.

It would really be nice to get a church wide answer from them on this and you might be able to help facilitate it.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

lone-knight wrote:

I am like your wife. I prep out of fear. My husband lets me buy stuff as long as it is within the budget and we have to keep putting money into out home and 401k.
The other day, I had a dream that did not leave me. The prophet had written to me to wear a tin foil hat to balance my hormones.
I knew exactly what the dream meant. Callout or not, my fear and desire to prepare was a way of directing my deep seated anxiety that comes from having huge trust issues because of my abusive childhood.
Today, God showed me that I still had anger toward Him from my past and that anger was stopping me from trusting Him. I finally read a book about dealing with fear, and it hit me... No matter what trials God allows to occur, I cannot trust people or preps. I still have to trust Him. Then the Lord told me to my mind, "Jesus had a Father who made Him suffer too, and His response was 'Thy will be done'. It has been a long time since I finally decided to trust Heavenly Father again with not only my pain from the past, but also from the present and future. Jesus said on earth we will have tribulation, but to not fear.
Anyhow, I feel for you, and I feel for your wife. Perhaps like me, her anxiety about it is a manifestation of something deeper. If it has to do with trust, I know the kindness of a husband can help a lot. Don't give in to foolishness, but forgive her of her foolishness, and she will thank you when she sees how she is wrong. You can't reason with fear. It will be her choice to give that up.

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

will require that people have a year's supply food and equipment to be allowed to the tent city.
That right there is the biggest la-la land fantasy of every tent-city prepper.
To process a year's worth of food storage, which necessitates food being able to not spoil for a year - more often than not meaning dried food - it takes a year's worth of water to process it all. Have you ever looked at your water bill and calculated how much water you use a year? Even if you only use 10% (pun intended? :YMTONGUE: ) of your water in a yearly food storage usage scenario, I'd love to see people lug around the multiple 100 gallon tanks of non-contaminated water it will take to process a year's worth of food out in the middle of idiots'-land-nowhere tent city central. Maybe you can one arm those 100 gallon drums up onto the storage rack of your bugout SUV? =))

Most preppers in general, and especially tent-city and callout preppers, rarely think about reality. Because they're drooling so adamantly over the Road Warrior-esque fantasies they get themselves drunk with on a daily basis.

You think your food storage stockpile can cut it out at a tent city? Go turn off your water supply at the street valve and see if you even last one month on your food storage.
Road Warrior that one, preppers!

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

FTC wrote:
will require that people have a year's supply food and equipment to be allowed to the tent city.
To process a year's worth of food storage, which necessitates food being able to not spoil for a year - more often than not meaning dried food - it takes a year's worth of water to process it all. Have you ever looked at your water bill and calculated how much water you use a year? Even if you only use 10% (pun intended? :YMTONGUE: ) of your water in a yearly food storage usage scenario, I'd love to see people lug around the multiple 100 gallon tanks of non-contaminated water it will take to process a year's worth of food out in the middle of idiots'-land-nowhere tent city central. Maybe you can one arm those 100 gallon drums up onto the storage rack of your bugout SUV? =))

Most preppers in general, and especially tent-city and callout preppers, rarely think about reality. Because they're drooling so adamantly over the Road Warrior-esque fantasies they get themselves drunk with on a daily basis.

You think your food storage stockpile can cut it out at a tent city? Go turn off your water supply at the street valve and see if you even last one month on your food storage. new snow
Speaking of reality, in the last 2 weeks, the areas that the tent cities will be in (cough cough) received almost 10" of new snow.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

AI2.0 wrote:
lone-knight wrote:Ok, I had to parse this reply very carefully because I initially felt that it was an aggressive retort against me. I looked at my own comment and then reread again. My primary issue isn't anything to do with a timeline and I don't think that DesertWonderer felt that way either. My issue is centered around the fact that I haven't found any credible evidence (from general authorities) that the saints are to be gathered into tent cities. You are correct about the counsel that we have been given and I do my best to follow it.

The real danger here is that your wife is urging your family to do something which most of us think it rash and unreasonable---cash out your 401K because she thinks she needs to in order to be allowed in the tent cities. That's the ticket--Rowe, Sosa, and some others have claimed that the church will set these tent cities up and will require that people have a year's supply food and equipment to be allowed to the tent city.

Since this is directly affecting your family, You are in the perfect position to do something about it. I think you should seriously consider writing to someone in church leadership (Area Authority, Apostle--maybe Elder Cook, or First Presidency) explaining your situation with your wife and how this is affecting your family and that you really need some kind of guidance from church leaders.

If you write a letter, you may be joining others who are doing the same(as they also have family members dealing with this) and if it seems like there's a problem, I'm hoping that church leaders will not simply kick this back to the Stake President, but maybe they will be prompted to write a letter of clarification to the wards and stakes(which is done at times) to disavow the claim that tent cities are something the church is planning and that food storage/camping equipment is required or members will be left out.

It would really be nice to get a church wide answer from them on this and you might be able to help facilitate it.
I agree wholeheartedly with this, and I '2nd' the suggestion that you write one of the apostles about it ASAP. This is a very serious matter, lone-knight, affecting yours and your family's lives. I am quite sure yours will not be the only letter they receive about the extreme way in which these purveyors of doom and false prophecies have ruined people's lives, and maybe it will be the tipping point where some correction and sanity can be brought to this subject church-wide.

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

DesertWonderer wrote:
FTC wrote:

You think your food storage stockpile can cut it out at a tent city? Go turn off your water supply at the street valve and see if you even last one month on your food storage. new snow
Speaking of reality, in the last 2 weeks, the areas that the tent cities will be in (cough cough) received almost 10" of new snow.
Well I will be a preppin' monkey's uncle!! Golly-gee! Who would have thunk that the span of a year would include dum-DUM-DUM!! Winter! Out in the wilderness. Wait! There was no winter in the post-apocalyptic wastelands of the Road Warrior...... :-w
Those assorted array of 100 gallon drums of water just turned into gigantic ice blocks. And, since everything that would normally be dry and burnable from summer, is now saturated with melted, then frozen snow, nothing will burn to thaw them out.
Who?
Would?
Have?
Thunk?

Call-outs and tent cities in the wilderness for a year, YO!

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

FTC wrote:

You think your food storage stockpile can cut it out at a tent city? Go turn off your water supply at the street valve and see if you even last one month on your food storage.
Some of us know how to get water without needing a tap. I have gone camping for multiple days with nothing more than a one quart canteen by taking advantage of streams or springs.

If there's a nearby stream with a flow of only one cubic foot per minute, by taking collecting half the water that flows over one hour each day you would have more than enough water for 100 people.

lone-knight
captain of 50

Post by lone-knight »

I am really grateful for all of the input. We've had a little bit of crashing today. She is trying to figure out how best to get another 1k pounds of flour because she has decided that the only source to look at, for what is considered a year's supply, is a paper that she picke dup from the cannery in 2002. As has been stated here, "You can't reason with the unreasonable."

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

lone-knight wrote:I am really grateful for all of the input. We've had a little bit of crashing today. She is trying to figure out how best to get another 1k pounds of flour because she has decided that the only source to look at, for what is considered a year's supply, is a paper that she picke dup from the cannery in 2002. As has been stated here, "You can't reason with the unreasonable."
Does you wife enjoy cooking with whole wheat? Is she grinding her own grain and making bread, pancakes and other baked goods with her stored wheat? You might encourage her and support her in this effort, and maybe that will help her feel some confidence and control. It is very satisfying to know you know how to use your food storage. White flour after a few years will have an off taste, and it is bad for your body. You need the fiber and nutrients in the whole grain. Perhaps some of her obsession can move over into the cooking/nutritional aspects of preparing. I have some recipes that I came up with based on everything I know nutritionally, and they taste wonderful too! Let me know if you want them and I can send them to you in a PM.