Time to Fess Up!

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Time to Fess Up!

Post by rewcox »

Ok you dreamers and preppers, it is time to fess up. What value has all the dreams and sensationalism accomplished?

What has been going on for the last 2 years around here is nothing short of "the sky is falling" or "crying wolf". Are you really trying to help, or are you trying to hurt?

Here is a "calm" pill for you. https://www.lds.org/ensign/2014/09/are- ... d?lang=eng

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Re: Time to Fess Up!

Post by kennyhs »

Be prudent, I like it.

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

rewcox wrote:Ok you dreamers and preppers, it is time to fess up. What value has all the dreams and sensationalism accomplished?

What has been going on for the last 2 years around here is nothing short of "the sky is falling" or "crying wolf". Are you really trying to help, or are you trying to hurt?

Here is a "calm" pill for you. https://www.lds.org/ensign/2014/09/are- ... d?lang=eng
Some said that, and I posted some quotes not long ago on the subject, I didn't say that though. As we get closer to the fall U.S. Presidential Election up until Christmas, I will go on record right here and now as saying it is going to hit the fan in a way that almost all Americans and others are going to not believe their eyes. I say that now, and check back with me then if the internet is working. Line up and tell me that I was wrong, and I will admit that. Thing is, I won't be wrong.
Last edited by kirtland r.m. on July 5th, 2016, 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

kirtland r.m. wrote:
rewcox wrote:Ok you dreamers and preppers, it is time to fess up. What value has all the dreams and sensationalism accomplished?

Some said that, and I posted some quotes not long ago on the subject, I didn't say that though. As we get closer to the fall U.S. Presidential Election up until Christmas, I will go on record right here and now as saying it is going to hit the fan in a way that almost all Americans and others are going to not believe their eyes. I say that now, and check back with me then if the internet is working. Line up and tell me that I was wrong, and I will admit that. thing is, I won't be wrong.
You are very misled and cocky.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

kirtland r.m. wrote:

Some said that, and I posted some quotes not long ago on the subject, I didn't say that though. As we get closer to the fall U.S. Presidential Election up until Christmas, I will go on record right here and now as saying it is going to hit the fan in a way that almost all Americans and others are going to not believe their eyes. I say that now, and check back with me then if the internet is working. Line up and tell me that I was wrong, and I will admit that. Thing is, I won't be wrong.
That's just sad.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Great advise in that article for example:

"We urge all Latter-day Saints to be prudent in their planning, to be conservative in their living, and to avoid excessive or unnecessary debt. Many more people could ride out the storm-tossed waves in their economic lives if they had a supply of food and clothing and were debt-free. Today we find that many have followed this counsel in reverse: they have a supply of debt and are food-free.

I repeat what the First Presidency declared a few years ago:

“Latter-day Saints have been counseled for many years to prepare for adversity by having a little money set aside. Doing so adds immeasurably to security and well-being. Every family has a responsibility to provide for its own needs to the extent possible.

“We encourage you wherever you may live in the world to prepare for adversity by looking to the condition of your finances. We urge you to be modest in your expenditures; discipline yourselves in your purchases to avoid debt. Pay off debt as quickly as you can, and free yourselves from this bondage. Save a little money regularly to gradually build a financial reserve.”1"

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

kirtland r.m. wrote:

I think at some point the US will be attacked, maybe from within by US citizens, maybe by outside armies. The economy will collapse, a scourge will wipe out many, not sure in what order. It very well might start be this year. I'm not planning on it, not expecting it either but I hope to always be prepared for whatever comes my way.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

setyourselffree wrote:
kirtland r.m. wrote:
rewcox wrote:OK you dreamers and preppers, it is time to fess up. What value has all the dreams and sensationalism accomplished?

Here is a "calm" pill for you.
https://www.lds.org/ensign/2014/09/are- ... d?lang=eng
Some said that, and I posted some quotes not long ago on the subject, I didn't say that though. As we get closer to the fall U.S. Presidential Election up until Christmas, I will go on record right here and now as saying it is going to hit the fan in a way that almost all Americans and others are going to not believe their eyes. I say that now, and check back with me then if the internet is working. Line up and tell me that I was wrong, and I will admit that. thing is, I won't be wrong.
I agree, setyourselffree, but which one is misled and cocky in your opinion?

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

shadow wrote:
kirtland r.m. wrote:

I think at some point the US will be attacked, maybe from within by US citizens, maybe by outside armies. The economy will collapse, a scourge will wipe out many, not sure in what order. It very well might start be this year. I'm not planning on it, not expecting it either but I hope to always be prepared for whatever comes my way.
I agree with you ^^^ Gary.
On another topic, did you get warned recently? You seem unnaturally pleasant of late. Whatever you're taking, I approve.

2EstablishZion
captain of 100

Post by 2EstablishZion »

shadow wrote:
kirtland r.m. wrote:

I'm pretty much with you, shadow.
The sensationalism I think is pretty much of the "lo here! lo there!" variety. I am interested in the GAS prophecy and similar things, but I also have seem so many variations on it that I get the impression that it undergoes a rewrite every few years to meet the current situation and get people worked up.
Best advise is to always be prepared as possible, set correct priorities, seek personal revelation, strive to obey the voice of the Lord and support our church leaders and take their counsel seriously. Don;t worship the church but understand that it is the Lord's organization and it is used to lead people to Him and while it stumbles and is imperfect, it contains the fullness of the gospel for those who will receive it.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

How rude. (Think Ja Ja Binks)
Obrien wrote:
setyourselffree wrote:
kirtland r.m. wrote:
rewcox wrote:OK you dreamers and preppers, it is time to fess up. What value has all the dreams and sensationalism accomplished?

Here is a "calm" pill for you.
https://www.lds.org/ensign/2014/09/are- ... d?lang=eng

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

kirtland r.m. wrote:

And why do you think you won't be wrong?

So far, the wrongs are 100% off.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

rewcox wrote:How rude. (Think Ja Ja Binks)
Obrien wrote:
setyourselffree wrote:
kirtland r.m. wrote: Some said that, and I posted some quotes not long ago on the subject, I didn't say that though. As we get closer to the fall U.S. Presidential Election up until Christmas, I will go on record right here and now as saying it is going to hit the fan in a way that almost all Americans and others are going to not believe their eyes. I say that now, and check back with me then if the internet is working. Line up and tell me that I was wrong, and I will admit that. thing is, I won't be wrong.
? I have no idea what your intent is...

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Obrien wrote:
Obrien wrote:
setyourselffree wrote:
Maybe I need some lemonade!

According to thelost10tribes.com, the new president and the line of presidency will be eliminated some way. Someone takes over and we begin the period of the tribulations.

I don't know if the author is related to the Preppers or not.

Each fall, the Preppers will be saying it is close, if it doesn't happen, then the spring, if not then June/July. Then it starts over again in the fall.

Maybe it's a racket with the Food Storage suppliers.

SJC
captain of 10

Post by SJC »

setyourselffree wrote:
kirtland r.m. wrote:

Can you please expound on why you think Kirtland is cocky and mislead?

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

All is well in Zion right rewcox

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Ezra wrote:All is well in Zion right rewcox
This thread is about posts made at LDSFF, books written, and timelines being proposed in a sensationalistic manner that has created the sky is falling scenario here. In my opinion.

I also suggest paying attention to the leaders.

I don't think fear and doom help matters. Yet if things are not right in Zion, what are you doing to help?

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

My own personal growth. I could care less what the world does. Warnings are not about fear. They about preparation.

Those who say all is well in Zion are blind. Those who are not throughly prepared fear.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

rewcox wrote:
Obrien wrote:
Obrien wrote:
Maybe I need some lemonade!

According to thelost10tribes.com, the new president and the line of presidency will be eliminated some way. Someone takes over and we begin the period of the tribulations.

I don't know if the author is related to the Preppers or not.

Each fall, the Preppers will be saying it is close, if it doesn't happen, then the spring, if not then June/July. Then it starts over again in the fall.

Maybe it's a racket with the Food Storage suppliers.
Yee Haw, Doomtards, let's ride! :ymcowboy:

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

kirtland r.m. wrote:Some said that, and I posted some quotes not long ago on the subject, I didn't say that though. As we get closer to the fall U.S. Presidential Election up until Christmas, I will go on record right here and now as saying it is going to hit the fan in a way that almost all Americans and others are going to not believe their eyes. I say that now, and check back with me then if the internet is working. Line up and tell me that I was wrong, and I will admit that. Thing is, I won't be wrong.
You seem very sure of this, is this an official prophecy or is it a strong stance? Either way, I think there should be some accountability here. Occasionally I will record the predictions that people make, whether they are politicians, scientists, or religious thinkers to see how accurate they are.

So if you are wrong, I hope that you realize that this does not bode well for your credibility in making predictions in this community or anywhere for that matter. Eventually, things will indeed come to pass and I can appreciate caring individuals seeking to be a voice of warning. However, if you are going to make bold, specific claims and they do not come to pass, then I think it is fair to require some accountability to the community that you are making said claims to.

Are you willing to stand by your words or would you like to take a moment and rethink or reword your point? I know we can all get a little passionate in here and I don't see anything wrong with taking a breather and returning to a statement to reassess how accurately it expresses your intent.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Obrien wrote:
shadow wrote:
kirtland r.m. wrote:

On another topic, did you get warned recently? You seem unnaturally pleasant of late. Whatever you're taking, I approve.
Nope, no warning. I think you're starting to see things my way, which is the correct way B-)

kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Post by kennyhs »

shadow wrote:
Obrien wrote:
shadow wrote:
kirtland r.m. wrote: Some said that, and I posted some quotes not long ago on the subject, I didn't say that though. As we get closer to the fall U.S. Presidential Election up until Christmas, I will go on record right here and now as saying it is going to hit the fan in a way that almost all Americans and others are going to not believe their eyes. I say that now, and check back with me then if the internet is working. Line up and tell me that I was wrong, and I will admit that. Thing is, I won't be wrong.
Nope, no warning. I think you're starting to see things my way, which is the correct way B-)
I wouldn't be so sure.

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

5tev3 wrote:
kirtland r.m. wrote:Some said that, and I posted some quotes not long ago on the subject, I didn't say that though. As we get closer to the fall U.S. Presidential Election up until Christmas, I will go on record right here and now as saying it is going to hit the fan in a way that almost all Americans and others are going to not believe their eyes. I say that now, and check back with me then if the internet is working. Line up and tell me that I was wrong, and I will admit that. Thing is, I won't be wrong.
You seem very sure of this, is this an official prophecy or is it a strong stance? Either way, I think there should be some accountability here. Occasionally I will record the predictions that people make, whether they are politicians, scientists, or religious thinkers to see how accurate they are.

So if you are wrong, I hope that you realize that this does not bode well for your credibility in making predictions in this community or anywhere for that matter. Eventually, things will indeed come to pass and I can appreciate caring individuals seeking to be a voice of warning. However, if you are going to make bold, specific claims and they do not come to pass, then I think it is fair to require some accountability to the community that you are making said claims to.

Are you willing to stand by your words or would you like to take a moment and rethink or reword your point? I know we can all get a little passionate in here and I don't see anything wrong with taking a breather and returning to a statement to reassess how accurately it expresses your intent.
Interesting. :-? You know, in Old Testament times they had certain ways of dealing with false prophets and dreamers...

"And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the Lord your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the Lord thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee." (Dueteronomy 13:5)

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

shadow wrote:
Obrien wrote:
shadow wrote:
kirtland r.m. wrote: Some said that, and I posted some quotes not long ago on the subject, I didn't say that though. As we get closer to the fall U.S. Presidential Election up until Christmas, I will go on record right here and now as saying it is going to hit the fan in a way that almost all Americans and others are going to not believe their eyes. I say that now, and check back with me then if the internet is working. Line up and tell me that I was wrong, and I will admit that. Thing is, I won't be wrong.
There's the cocksure Shadow I know. =p~

Spider
captain of 100

Post by Spider »

I appreciate people sharing their dreams, visions and opinions. It doesn't matter to me whether they are correct or not. I find them all interesting theories, and I have no clue as to who is correct or wrong. Doesn't really matter to me. I have followed the church's recommendations on preparations and I will keep listening to the Prophet and my local leaders. The world has gotten a little topsy turvey the last couple years. I expect the next few years will be very interesting. Doesn't really matter what happens in the next few years, however, as long as I keep following the prophet.