Time to Fess Up!

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
lone-knight
captain of 50

Re: Time to Fess Up!

Post by lone-knight »

Sarah wrote:
lone-knight wrote:I am really grateful for all of the input. We've had a little bit of crashing today. She is trying to figure out how best to get another 1k pounds of flour because she has decided that the only source to look at, for what is considered a year's supply, is a paper that she picked up from the cannery in 2002. As has been stated here, "You can't reason with the unreasonable."
Does you wife enjoy cooking with whole wheat? Is she grinding her own grain and making bread, pancakes and other baked goods with her stored wheat? You might encourage her and support her in this effort, and maybe that will help her feel some confidence and control. It is very satisfying to know you know how to use your food storage. White flour after a few years will have an off taste, and it is bad for your body. You need the fiber and nutrients in the whole grain. Perhaps some of her obsession can move over into the cooking/nutritional aspects of preparing. I have some recipes that I came up with based on everything I know nutritionally, and they taste wonderful too! Let me know if you want them and I can send them to you in a PM.
For starters, I'd love recipes. I am the one that does more cooking and food preparation. I'm always up for trying something new. As for her ability to refocus on knowing how to use the stuff that she is putting away, the answer there is a big nope. In fact, she gets angry at anything being used from food storage, even if it is being rotated. Mostly because she is so convinced of the imminence of disaster that anything being used will make it impossible for us to join the saints in their tent cities. It really is a delicate line that I walk.

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Time to Fess Up!

Post by Sarah »

lone-knight wrote:
Sarah wrote:
lone-knight wrote:I am really grateful for all of the input. We've had a little bit of crashing today. She is trying to figure out how best to get another 1k pounds of flour because she has decided that the only source to look at, for what is considered a year's supply, is a paper that she picked up from the cannery in 2002. As has been stated here, "You can't reason with the unreasonable."
Does you wife enjoy cooking with whole wheat? Is she grinding her own grain and making bread, pancakes and other baked goods with her stored wheat? You might encourage her and support her in this effort, and maybe that will help her feel some confidence and control. It is very satisfying to know you know how to use your food storage. White flour after a few years will have an off taste, and it is bad for your body. You need the fiber and nutrients in the whole grain. Perhaps some of her obsession can move over into the cooking/nutritional aspects of preparing. I have some recipes that I came up with based on everything I know nutritionally, and they taste wonderful too! Let me know if you want them and I can send them to you in a PM.
For starters, I'd love recipes. I am the one that does more cooking and food preparation. I'm always up for trying something new. As for her ability to refocus on knowing how to use the stuff that she is putting away, the answer there is a big nope. In fact, she gets angry at anything being used from food storage, even if it is being rotated. Mostly because she is so convinced of the imminence of disaster that anything being used will make it impossible for us to join the saints in their tent cities. It really is a delicate line that I walk.
I'm so sorry to hear that she is that paranoid. Everyone must learn patience with spouses and other difficult family members, but all your sacrifice, and efforts and being Christ-like will yield great blessings in the end. I know - because that has been the case with me.
I'll send you the recipes.