Time to Fess Up!

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Time to Fess Up!

Post by Silver »

Onsdag wrote:
5tev3 wrote:
kirtland r.m. wrote:
rewcox wrote:Ok you dreamers and preppers, it is time to fess up. What value has all the dreams and sensationalism accomplished?

What has been going on for the last 2 years around here is nothing short of "the sky is falling" or "crying wolf". Are you really trying to help, or are you trying to hurt?

Here is a "calm" pill for you. https://www.lds.org/ensign/2014/09/are- ... d?lang=eng
Some said that, and I posted some quotes not long ago on the subject, I didn't say that though. As we get closer to the fall U.S. Presidential Election up until Christmas, I will go on record right here and now as saying it is going to hit the fan in a way that almost all Americans and others are going to not believe their eyes. I say that now, and check back with me then if the internet is working. Line up and tell me that I was wrong, and I will admit that. Thing is, I won't be wrong.
Bumping this prediction. So are we calling this one wrong? We've past the "up until Christmas" and unless I missed something I'm not sure that anything fan-worthy has happened. I keep a list of predictions and set notifications to be reminded when they have past the time of their proposed fulfillment.
It sure would be nice and refreshing if people actually manned up and took personal accountability for themselves. I too am left scratching my head trying to call to memory any event wherein something so unimaginable happened that things "hit the fan in a way that almost all Americans and others are going to not believe their eyes," which also had the effect of keeping the internet from working. Kirtland, you have anything for us that would fit the bill?
I've been hard on kirtland in hopes it would shake him out of his fantasy bubble, and lately, he's posted a couple of cool non-end of the world posts. It would be refreshing if he would finally give up on JR et al and the GAS/Horne disaster.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

BrianM wrote:Time for kirtland r.m. to admit he was wrong.
kirtland r.m. wrote:Some said that, and I posted some quotes not long ago on the subject, I didn't say that though. As we get closer to the fall U.S. Presidential Election up until Christmas, I will go on record right here and now as saying it is going to hit the fan in a way that almost all Americans and others are going to not believe their eyes. I say that now, and check back with me then if the internet is working. Line up and tell me that I was wrong, and I will admit that. Thing is, I won't be wrong.
I'm not trying to help the preppers, but the democrats sure think the sh** hit the fan. :)

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

rewcox wrote:
BrianM wrote:Time for kirtland r.m. to admit he was wrong.
kirtland r.m. wrote:Some said that, and I posted some quotes not long ago on the subject, I didn't say that though. As we get closer to the fall U.S. Presidential Election up until Christmas, I will go on record right here and now as saying it is going to hit the fan in a way that almost all Americans and others are going to not believe their eyes. I say that now, and check back with me then if the internet is working. Line up and tell me that I was wrong, and I will admit that. Thing is, I won't be wrong.
I'm not trying to help the preppers, but the democrats sure think the sh** hit the fan. :)
LOL, yes, perspective is everything isn't it?

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

96walker wrote:I fessed up back in November. I was 100% wrong about Julie Rowe. This was my post a few days after the election.
Props for this post, you are a mature individual and I respect you.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

Silver wrote:I've been hard on kirtland in hopes it would shake him out of his fantasy bubble, and lately, he's posted a couple of cool non-end of the world posts. It would be refreshing if he would finally give up on JR et al and the GAS/Horne disaster.
With all due respect to KirtlandRM, I'm not trying to call him out in the spirit of meanness.When I see a people claiming they have inside information and warning others accordingly they are implying something extremely serious. We are duty-bound to prove them whether or not their message is true or not. Take note of these words in Deuteronomy:
"When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him." (Deuteronomy 18:22)

"But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die." (Deuteronomy 18:20)
I'm not suggesting we stone anyone, not at all, but false prophecy was a very serious offense because if someone is seeking to lead the people in a manner that is not under God's command, then they are essentially hearkening unto the precepts of men and making flesh their arm. These are very serious things and we see many cases in the Book of Mormon where well-intentioned (or not) people rise up and lead the people in a direction that sounds appealing.

It's one thing to talk about existing prophecies, those that are in scripture or have been fulfilled. New prophecy must be tested, and there must be accountability when those words do not come to pass. This calls into question everything the supposed prophet is proposing, especially if they are doing so in the name of the Lord or are implied as such by claiming that they won't be wrong. Another poster was mature enough to fess up and accept responsibility and I have nothing but respect for that.

I have no doubt that people are having visions or that people are being prompted in various ways to prepare. I don't doubt that some people may have been commanded to share things like Lehi, Abinadi, or Samuel. I also don't doubt that in the last times that many false prophets will arise. It's a tricky thing right, we have to avoid false prophets but we are held accountable for rejecting true ones, and they can come from anywhere. The only sure way to not be deceived is by living close to the Lord and knowing his voice. There is no other option, if we are entertaining sin or are distracted by the amenities of Babylon while shirking our duties then we will fall, it's inevitable.

We are all mistaken at one time or another, even Lehi was led into darkness by a man in white. But when you are clearly wrong and refuse to fess up, you earn no respect and your integrity in the eyes of others disappears. So if you decide to offer up predictions here or anywhere, consider seriously the implications and let these examples be a lesson.

paulrobots
captain of 100

Post by paulrobots »

It's not unreasonable to give the GAS prophecy untill the inauguration. No, IT didn't happen on a holiday (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years), but IT can still happen untill January 20th.

I have said in other threads, and will say again, if it doesn't happen at this inaugural transition, I will never look for it in the future. But....... I am willing to give it untill Trump is sworn in. I think you guys could give him(us :D ) that.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

paulrobots wrote:It's not unreasonable to give the GAS prophecy untill the inauguration. No, IT didn't happen on a holiday (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years), but IT can still happen untill January 20th.

I have said in other threads, and will say again, if it doesn't happen at this inaugural transition, I will never look for it in the future. But....... I am willing to give it untill Trump is sworn in. I think you guys could give him(us :D ) that.
No, not really. Sorry if that seems harsh, but I realized that I can't live my life based on spurious reports from those not in authority over us such as Bro. Horne.

Paul, if you're now hanging on until the inauguration, to avoid hypocrisy you must have your trunk packed and your weapons loaded and your family gathered. Otherwise, you don't really believe it either. Otherwise, Bro. Horne's story and kirtland's retelling of it is just tickling your ears.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

kirtland r.m. wrote:
rewcox wrote:Ok you dreamers and preppers, it is time to fess up. What value has all the dreams and sensationalism accomplished?

What has been going on for the last 2 years around here is nothing short of "the sky is falling" or "crying wolf". Are you really trying to help, or are you trying to hurt?

Here is a "calm" pill for you. https://www.lds.org/ensign/2014/09/are- ... d?lang=eng
Some said that, and I posted some quotes not long ago on the subject, I didn't say that though. As we get closer to the fall U.S. Presidential Election up until Christmas, I will go on record right here and now as saying it is going to hit the fan in a way that almost all Americans and others are going to not believe their eyes. I say that now, and check back with me then if the internet is working. Line up and tell me that I was wrong, and I will admit that. Thing is, I won't be wrong.
KRM: The internet is still working and NOTHING that you or your false prophets predicted happened. Will you now admit you and they were wrong as you promised?

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

DesertWonderer wrote:
kirtland r.m. wrote:

KRM: The internet is still working and NOTHING that you or your false prophets predicted happened. Will you now admit you and they were wrong as you promised?
Kirtland probably has mental health issues, and shouldn't be called out or challenged. You only call out sane people. I hope he gets help.

RocknRoll
captain of 100

Post by RocknRoll »

... Crickets ...

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

I believe the prophecy revolves around the new president being unable to take office but I don't see that playing out under any scenario.

The election was certified last week. Obama is no longer in power as of Jan 20 at noon.

Let's assume for the sake of argument that Obama declares martial law at some time during the next week to prevent Trump from taking office.

The president elect doesn't have to be sworn in in a fancy ceremony by the chief justice. They could be sworn in in a bunker by a member of the secret service. They could be called in to congress and sworn in there. If something happened to Trump, Pence would be sworn in. If Obama refused to leave office then congress could direct the secret service to have him forcibly removed and possibly detained.

I don't see the scenario where Obama declares martial law and prevents Trump from taking office working.

I don't see any scenario where Obama seizes power through a coup or some other method working either. I don't think he has enough of the military on his side.

A president can't refuse to leave office. Their term and all power with it ends at the end of their term. Next Friday at Noon Obama has no more right to occupy the oval office than you.

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

I already prophesied prior to the elections that whoever got elected would be inaugurated. I also prophesied Obama would be out and no martial law. I'm getting kinda giddy looking forward to the celebration success of my prophesying prowess. Successful prophecies #10, 11, 12, 13, +, +, +, ..... are right around the corner. I think I'll go out and get some Chinese food to celebrate. :))

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

5tev3 wrote:
kirtland r.m. wrote:

Bumping this prediction. So are we calling this one wrong? We've past the "up until Christmas" and unless I missed something I'm not sure that anything fan-worthy has happened. I keep a list of predictions and set notifications to be reminded when they have past the time of their proposed fulfillment.
Kirtland has been actively posting, but not in this thread. Has he somehow not seen it, or is he purposely avoiding it? Bump just in case he's missed it. Kirtland, are you a man of your word and honor? Are you going to truly admit you were wrong as you promised, or just keep perpetually kicking the can down the road by continuing to post stuff like your most recent one in another thread:
kirtland r.m. wrote:I continue to have active members of the church, even several this week, tell me that they have been shown by the Lord that all H--- is about to break loose, as well as my own impressions. I have a large group of people from different parts of the world, who in many cases don't know each other, tell me information that is similar or the same, about coming months. ... Let's see now, lot's of really ugly, bad things have happened since then, and this next week doesn't look good either. Constant chatter about W.W.3, Tanks and Troops moved closer to Russian border. Syria is a heap of rubble. It is a flashpoint with troops from U.S. and Russia fighting on opposite sides in same country. Israel being torn apart by the U.N.. Murders including more Arkansidehttp://www.tmn.today/2016/11/woman-investigati ... afficking/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. D.N.C. member shot in the back and murdered in D.C.. WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange’s Lawyer FOUND DEAD!http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/wiki ... nd-dead/Oh and here is much more. If things don't go like I think they will a day or two after the 20th I will post more. So far I think your description that I am wrong and need to admit it is laughable really.
So are you saying that you weren't wrong? What specific event happened that qualifies your predictions of "As we get closer to the fall U.S. Presidential Election up until Christmas... it is going to hit the fan in a way that almost all Americans and others are going to not believe their eyes" which also includes the danger of the internet not working? Was it a nuclear strike you feared and predicted? That hasn't happened. An EMP? Nope. Internal civil unrest and war? Hasn't happened either. Julie Rowe's "imminent" earthquake? Still waiting for that one (not really, actually). Something else? Nothing that I can fathom a guess for matches your specific predictions. So, do you have something to say to the rest of us? :-\

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Is everyone in Utah still alive?

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

rewcox wrote:Is everyone in Utah still alive?
The Chinese are invading from the west and the Russians are currently bombing key sites including Hill Air Force Base. Other than that I think we'll be OK. My wife and I are headed out to lunch in a few hours. I'll keep you updated.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

shadow wrote:
The Chinese are invading from the west and the Russians are currently bombing key sites including Hill Air Force Base. Other than that I think we'll be OK. My wife and I are headed out to lunch in a few hours. I'll keep you updated.

I hope the cook puts boogers in your greasy burger. Just yours alone. Not the Mother Teresa you married. Serves you right killjoy. :ymsmug:

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Mark wrote:
shadow wrote:

I hope the cook puts boogers in your greasy burger. Just yours alone. Not the Mother Teresa you married. Serves you right killjoy. :ymsmug:
Chinese food. In desperate times like these I need a fortune cookie to tell me how to run my life.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

shadow wrote:
Mark wrote:
shadow wrote:

Chinese food. In desperate times like these I need a fortune cookie to tell me how to run my life.
Okay fine. Change that to extra msg in your fried rice.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Mark wrote:
shadow wrote:
Mark wrote:
shadow wrote: The Chinese are invading from the west and the Russians are currently bombing key sites including Hill Air Force Base. Other than that I think we'll be OK. My wife and I are headed out to lunch in a few hours. I'll keep you updated.
Okay fine. Change that to extra msg in your fried rice.
Guys, please. I'm at work. A sudden outburst of laughter earned me some strange looks.

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

shadow wrote:
Mark wrote:
shadow wrote:
Good idea. And learning a Chinese word or two from the fortune cookie may just impress the invaders enough to spare you and your family.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

I just got back from the gym. It is only a mile from my house. I was stopped at checkpoint Charlie as I went to the gym. The Chinese troops were polite even though I had my duty weapon with me. I just showed them my ID card and badge and they waved me through. On the way back home the checkpoint was being switched over to the Russians. They were a little less friendly, but I think it had more to do with my choice of handgun than anything else. I think this take over will have little impact in my life.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

mirkwood wrote:
I just got back from the gym. It is only a mile from my house. I was stopped at checkpoint Charlie as I went to the gym. The Chinese troops were polite even though I had my duty weapon with me. I just showed them my ID card and badge and they waved me through. On the way back home the checkpoint was being switched over to the Russians. They were a little less friendly, but I think it had more to do with my choice of handgun than anything else. I think this take over will have little impact in my life.
Just be careful. Kurtthemormon is heavily armed and has received Delta training. If a Russian sounds like American, it could be Kurt. Test him with code word LDSFF.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

I have it on good authority (I cant tell you or Id have to kill you) that Kirtland and a bunch of his AVOW buddies are planning a false flag operation on Snowville, UT. before the MLK holiday is over. They got together over the weekend and watched Red Dawn 3 times (the remake) and they are desperate to get this thing going. Besides they are tired of being made fun of. The plan is to throw Molotov cocktails at some of the barns owned by the polygs there. They will then leave a trail of fortune cookies they purchased at Costco in bulk along with worn out cameras as they hightail it out of town. They will also throw a couple Chinese Books of Mormon at the one gas station entering the town. This may backfire on them. I hear polygs are stockpiled with a cache of weapons of their own. I get a bad feeling about this. It would just be a lot easier to swallow ones pride and admit they were wrong..

thisisspartaaa
captain of 100

Post by thisisspartaaa »

Mark wrote:I have it on good authority (I cant tell you or Id have to kill you) that Kirtland and a bunch of his AVOW buddies are planning a false flag operation on Snowville, UT. before the MLK holiday is over. They got together over the weekend and watched Red Dawn 3 times (the remake) and they are desperate to get this thing going. Besides they are tired of being made fun of. The plan is to throw Molotov cocktails at some of the barns owned by the polygs there. They will then leave a trail of fortune cookies they purchased at Costco in bulk along with worn out cameras as they hightail it out of town. They will also throw a couple Chinese Books of Mormon at the one gas station entering the town. This may backfire on them. I hear polygs are stockpiled with a cache of weapons of their own. I get a bad feeling about this. It would just be a lot easier to swallow ones pride and admit they were wrong..
You forgot to add a link in the middle of your paragraph to InfoWars or Zerohedge...

stephenj
captain of 10

Post by stephenj »

So the GAS one was wrong. But I don't intend to waste any of my time reading more of Julie Rowes garbage just to find why she was wrong. I read most of her first book years ago but thats it. Can someone please explain, briefly, the timeline that she predicted for these events?