When is the next economic crisis?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Re: When is the next economic crisis?

Post by Matchmaker »

rewcox wrote:
Matchmaker wrote:If I had to make a guess, I would say that Trump will be the President during 7 years of prosperity for America and Israel (the temple gets built) and then we'll see 7 years of war, famine, pestilence, disease, civil unrest, natural disasters, return of the tribes, and building of the New Jerusalem, followed by the Second Coming.

Of course, it could all collapse into chaos tomorrow. Nobody knows!
Keep you eyes on Twitter, you'll be one of the first to know. :)
I've never been on Twitter. I guess I'm missing something important. Maybe I'll have to give it a look.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Matchmaker wrote: January 30th, 2017, 3:16 am If I had to make a guess, I would say that Trump will be the President during 7 years of prosperity for America and Israel (the temple gets built) and then we'll see 7 years of war, famine, pestilence, disease, civil unrest, natural disasters, return of the tribes, and building of the New Jerusalem, followed by the Second Coming.

Prosperity may have begun this quarter should 3% growth continue through next quarter i.e. 2 consecutive quarters of 3% growth similar to the definition of a recession being two quarters decline in GDP.

Atlanta Fed raises U.S. second quarter GDP growth view to 3.2 percent Image
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... =ousivMolt

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Matchmaker wrote: January 30th, 2017, 3:16 am If I had to make a guess, I would say that Trump will be the President during 7 years of prosperity for America and Israel (the temple gets built) and then we'll see 7 years of war, famine, pestilence, disease, civil unrest, natural disasters, return of the tribes, and building of the New Jerusalem, followed by the Second Coming.

I believe your answer is the closest to correct.

Dates to watch for economic shockwaves: (grabbed these from my other post and realized I had labeled some things wrong. Sorry. Corrected here. Also added important date points.)

2007-2008 Oldest of boomers reach early retirement; demographically predicted economic downturn; economically predicted reduction of birth rates.

2008-2017 birth rates continue to drop; August 2016 CDC begins to release fertility rates quartly instead of annually because of steep declines since 2007.

2024 "Generation Not Born" (babies not born in 2008) would be entering employment (unskilled labor-after school jobs). They cannot, they were not born.

2027 oldest of boomer generation hits early retirement

2030 "Generation Not Born" would be skilled labor-post undergraduate college. They cannot, they were not born.

2031 Oldest of baby boomers hits early retirement.

2030-2040 Estimated world population peak. (This may shift because of the popularity of states passing assisted suicide laws. I fear that "encouraging" the older generation to move on and save resources for the younger is on the horizon. Horrifying, but a real possibility considering the trends.) I also believe that the next date I posted is probably unimportant for the reason I just listed.

2049 Oldest of baby boomers hit full life expectancy of 85 years old.

Tree
captain of 100

Post by Tree »

War will precede any economic collapse.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Tree wrote: June 15th, 2017, 10:37 am War will precede any economic collapse.
North Korea?
Iran?
Ukraine?
All of the above?

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Edit: Aren't we always at war right now?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Michelle wrote: June 15th, 2017, 10:52 am
Edit: Aren't we always at war right now?
You're right. It's what Luciferians do.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

War also helps get a country out of a recession or depression, as seen during the period from WW1 to WW2.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Matchmaker wrote: June 16th, 2017, 2:07 am
War also helps get a country out of a recession or depression, as seen during the period from WW1 to WW2.
A whole lot of economists say that's not true:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-1 ... od-economy

One choice quote from the article:
"This is a no-brainer, if you think about it. We’ve been in Afghanistan for almost twice as long as World War II. We’ve been in Iraq for years longer than WWII. We’ve been involved in 7 or 8 wars in the last decade. And yet [the economy is still unstable]. If wars really helped the economy, don’t you think things would have improved by now? Indeed,the Iraq war alone could end up costing more than World War II. And given the other wars we’ve been involved in this decade, I believe that the total price tag for the so-called “War on Terror” will definitely support that of the “Greatest War”."

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

Post by I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS »

Silver wrote: June 16th, 2017, 5:33 am

"This is a no-brainer, if you think about it. We’ve been in Afghanistan for almost twice as long as World War II. We’ve been in Iraq for years longer than WWII. We’ve been involved in 7 or 8 wars in the last decade. And yet [the economy is still unstable]. If wars really helped the economy, don’t you think things would have improved by now? Indeed,the Iraq war alone could end up costing more than World War II. And given the other wars we’ve been involved in this decade, I believe that the total price tag for the so-called “War on Terror” will definitely support that of the “Greatest War”."
It'd helped in WWII right after the great depression, but our situation now is nowhere comparable. Now they only enrich arms manufacturers and members of the Deep State.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote: June 16th, 2017, 5:38 am

It'd helped in WWII right after the great depression, but our situation now is nowhere comparable. Now they only enrich arms manufacturers and members of the Deep State.
No, it didn't. It helped the MIC, not the common man. WW2's lasting legacy is the treason of FDR & George Marshall along with the creation of the OSS/CIA.

I recommend a quick Google search of rationing during WW2. Rationing is never an indicator of a robust economy.

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

Post by I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS »

Silver wrote: June 16th, 2017, 5:43 am
I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote: June 16th, 2017, 5:38 am

No, it didn't. It helped the MIC, not the common man. WW2's lasting legacy is the treason of FDR & George Marshall along with the creation of the OSS/CIA.

I recommend a quick Google search of rationing during WW2. Rationing is never an indicator of a robust economy.
From reading the different opinions on whether or not WWII helped the economy, it seems to come down to in what way did it help. Rationing had far more to do with the war effort than as an indicator of the health of the economy as a whole.
The biggest factor was the effect the war had on unemployment. It's indisputable that unemployment decreased due to the war. People will say that the economy only boomed when the war ended and rationing and regulation were ended, but had unemployment remained where it was at the start of the war, what's the likelihood that boom would have been able to take place?

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

War bringing prosperity is like daylight savings making the sun shine longer. It's an illusion.

The sun shines as long as it shines, get out of bed or don't .

Perhaps people were employed because of the production of weapons needed during war, but those same people getting a paycheck, we're paying the taxes to finance the war. So really: money in my pocket today, larger debt or inflation for the country. What of real value was produced?

Also, from a purely economic view, dead people reduce human capital. We are all worse off financially from war,even when we have more borrowed dollars in our pockets.