Julie Rowe radio interview may 3rd; She says 'imminent changes coming'

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Re: Julie Rowe radio interview may 3rd; She says 'imminent changes coming'

Post by GrandMasterB »

Durzan wrote:Or maybe she was actually given information from heavenly father earlier, but wasn't given a specific time. She then made guestimations about when the earthquake would hit based on her observations in her dreams.

While I do not believe them, I have had enough of everyone making fun of her and the others. Back off. *growls*
She says she receives this info from beyond the vail from her ancestors and other spirits like Joan of Arc. One spirit calling himself Jon in particular. She was told by these that certain things will happen at certain times. These spirits have so far failed to give correct info to Julie. As Appstles of times past have linked energy work like mesmerism to Satan's art her participation in this could be inviting these false spirits to communicate with her. No one is tying to make fun of Julie. This is serious and very dangerous for this young woman. I hope and pray she wakes up soon.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Durzan wrote:Or maybe she was actually given information from heavenly father earlier, but wasn't given a specific time. She then made guestimations about when the earthquake would hit based on her observations in her dreams.
Nope. She gave specifics that she claimed she was given. No longer soon, but imminent. Early morning. Epicenter at UofU. Dusting of snow on the spring-like grass. Any day.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

shadow wrote:
Nope. She gave specifics that she claimed she was given. No longer soon, but imminent. Early morning. Epicenter at UofU. Dusting of snow on the spring-like grass. Any day.
Any day = +/- 2,000 years. Cause, ya know, "God's timing".

Personally, I think going off grid and out of the public eye is one of the best things that have happened to her. Of course, as I write this, there's probably an announcement coming re: another book.... :-ss

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Poor Julie. I really feel sorry for her. She has some deep, serious problems. I pray that she gets the professional help she needs.

http://julieroweprepare.com/journal-ent ... r-29-2016/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"After an extreme adversarial attack"
"When I travel the earth and galaxy’s far far away"

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

DesertWonderer wrote:Poor Julie. I really feel sorry for her. She has some deep, serious problems. I pray that she gets the professional help she needs.

http://julieroweprepare.com/journal-ent ... r-29-2016/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Notice the "imminent" earthquake reference again? I take back what I said about being out of the public eye and making statements...
The Wasatch Earthquake is coming soon.

The Wasatch Earthquake will signify the beginning of the judgements of God, opening up the beginning of the Tribulations, as discussed in the book of Revelations, Isaiah, Daniel and a myriad of other scripture.

— Julie Rowe
Saturday, Oct. 1, 2016

The Earthquake is imminent.
Maybe I'm not so off about that new book coming out.... There's always an earthquake coming when it's time to sign a book deal :-? :-? :-?

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

iWriteStuff wrote:
DesertWonderer wrote:Poor Julie. I really feel sorry for her. She has some deep, serious problems. I pray that she gets the professional help she needs.

Notice the "imminent" earthquake reference again? I take back what I said about being out of the public eye and making statements...
The Wasatch Earthquake is coming soon.

The Wasatch Earthquake will signify the beginning of the judgements of God, opening up the beginning of the Tribulations, as discussed in the book of Revelations, Isaiah, Daniel and a myriad of other scripture.

— Julie Rowe
Saturday, Oct. 1, 2016

The Earthquake is imminent.
Maybe I'm not so off about that new book coming out.... There's always an earthquake coming when it's time to sign a book deal :-? :-? :-?
Guys, after a super spiritual weekend, and conversations with the Lost Ten Tribes, the earthquake in Utah is very imminent!

Summerwind
captain of 100

Post by Summerwind »

While I do not believe them, I have had enough of everyone making fun of her and the others. Back off. *growls*
Might I suggest that if it bothers you, you don't read what others have to say in that vein? You can't exactly command people not to have an opinion or discuss something. But you DO have power over what you choose to read and participate in.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Did you all hear E Cook's Sat morning address?

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... 1?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He talked about stumbling blocks that interfere with our testimony of God and His Son. He mentioned a few thing that causes of to "miss the mark". FF to 11:40. One thing he specifically mentioned was "expensive preparations for end of days scenarios". Can you say "tent-cities"?

In one sentence he erased all doubt about Sara Menet, JR, Sosa, Spencer, Koyle and those who claim extraordinary visions / knowledge and preach extreme preparations on this site.

Ask yourself "Who do I trust and ORDAINED apostle or those mentioned above. It's a pretty silly question really--I'll go with an anointed prophet of God, not a self-proclaimed one, every time.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

DesertWonderer wrote:Did you all hear E Cook's Sat morning address?

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... 1?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He talked about stumbling blocks that interfere with our testimony of God and His Son. He mentioned a few thing that causes of to "miss the mark". FF to 11:40. One thing he specifically mentioned was "expensive preparations for end of days scenarios". Can you say "tent-cities"?

In one sentence he erased all doubt about Sara Menet, JR, Sosa, Spencer, Koyle and those who claim extraordinary visions / knowledge and preach extreme preparations on this site.

Ask yourself "Who do I trust and ORDAINED apostle or those mentioned above. It's a pretty silly question really--I'll go with an anointed prophet of God, not a self-proclaimed one, every time.
I didn't get what you got out of the address. I know people are moving to the area they call the American Redoubt - far eastern Washington, northeastern Oregon, eastern Idaho, and western Montana - to prepare for what's coming. I know people who bought very expensive recreational vehicles or camper trailers as part of their preparation. On the Doomsday Preppers TV series I have seen LDS families in Utah with underground bunkers on undeveloped wilderness property, a house built on very rural property with a bunker underneath, people putting multiple small underground bunkers on a large plot of land as caches and places of refuge should one or two bunkers be found, and of course we have a recent thread about massive luxury bunkers being built by the wealthy.

Neither Rowe, Spencer, nor anybody else has ever advised people to build and stock their own tent city in preparation to host church members. And if you think having a tent is foolish, consider this: I spent my teenage years in California, where earthquakes did render houses and apartments uninhabitable. I was born in Louisiana, and some relatives found their houses uninhabitable after floods in August. I visited Houston in April and saw flooded houses firsthand. I have relatives elsewhere in the south where hurricanes occasionally tear the roof off of a house. And I have lived in the midwest, where tornadoes have shown just how fragile modern construction is. In my opinion, not having a tent and sleeping bags is just plain foolish.

In your opinion does "expensive preparations for end of days scenarios" include buying a 10 person tent for under $100 or buying each family member a 0 degree Fahrenheit rated sleeping bag for $30 at Walmart? I don't see that as excessive of expensive preparation.
If you follow the counsel to have one year of long-term food storage, among other things that includes 400 pounds of grains. At today's prices (3 Oct 2016) on the church webstore, the cost of 99 pounds of white wheat, 97.2 pounds of rice, 105 pounds of macaroni, and 100.8 pounds of oats (3, 3, 5, and 6 cases respectively) is $505. Add legumes (one case each of black and pinto beans), sugar (two cases), and powdered milk (two cases) and the cost of one year's long term food storage for one person is $777.55. And there are required items the church doesn't sell such as salt, shortening or vegetable oil, baking powder, baking soda, etc.

The cost of one year's worth of food storage for one person is fairly close to $1,000. The cost of one tent and six sleeping bags is as little as $300. So how exactly is being prepared for the possibility of gathering an expensive proposition?

Rumpelstiltskin
captain of 1,000

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

If Julie keeps doing enough predictions often enough she may eventually get one right. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

iWriteStuff wrote:
shadow wrote:
Any day = +/- 2,000 years. Cause, ya know, "God's timing".
She said it would be before the coming elections which are about 5 weeks away.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote:If Julie keeps doing enough predictions often enough she may eventually get one right. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
See, that's the funny part right there - I can't point to one single prediction she's gotten right. Not one! I would be happy to eat my hat if and when it finally happens, but sadly I don't see it happening.

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

Yeah, I do too. The only word that comes to mind to describe her behavior is 'bizarre.' Sometimes her words and posts are short, jump around a lot, are incoherent or cryptic and don't make sense, and are just plain weird at times. For example:

"This year is much better than a year ago. This time I stayed on earth.Is she saying that she somehow left the earth a year ago in 2015?!? And does this somehow tie in to that cryptic traveling "galaxy's far far away" quote? Really bizarre. @-)

"...the missionaries just stopped by. I’ve asked them to give me a blessing. Gave them a heads up a bit ago. ... After an extreme adversarial attack, I asked the Elders for a blessing of healing and comfort. Ordinarily I would have asked Jeff for this, however he is out of town working in Iowa this week. Thankfully the Elders were prompted to stop by and see how we were doing. It was an amazing answer to my prayers that even before I knew I would be dealing with the attack, the Lord had already provided worthy priesthood holders to come and administer." Does anyone else find it revealing (and, if it weren't such a serious matter, I'd be tempted to also say humorous and ironic) that she is a licensed practitioner of Energy Healing, is supposedly able to heal, protect, and clear these things up herself - and yet in the end turns to a different source for help and healing? Don't get me wrong, I am happy that she's actually turning to the priesthood, which is the power of God, for help and healing. I just find it rather surprising (or not, actually) that being such a huge practitioner and advocate of Energy Healing she apparently didn't (or couldn't?) turn to that for help when it really mattered.

"Are you ready? God will not be mocked. He has called and we are answering." Who is this 'we' she speaks of? And what exactly is it that 'they' are (or will be) doing? :-?

I'm not trying to be mean spirited in any way. I love her as a daughter of God and one of my sisters. I am and always have been concerned for her, praying regularly for her and her family, hoping that she is able to find the help and healing she may need.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

MrNasty wrote:
AI2.0 wrote:
MrNasty wrote:
My responses in blue:

It is doctrine and scripture that the children of Cain were cursed with black skin. Moses 7:22.Sorry, you can't use the pearl of great price, it's not the bible. I said the bible. The christian churches who justifed slavery with your same argument used the bible. Find it in there. I believe some have misinterpreted the reference in the Pear of great price, because they were already under an incorrect belief. Are you now saying that Joseph Smith was also starting to teach false docrine and was killed shortly thereafter? No, you suggested that. Do YOU think he was teaching false doctrine? I only mentioned Brigham Young and YES, I think he was teaching false doctrine. I think he heard something but he was wrong in his interprestion. Orson Pratt argued with him constantly over this and Orson had heard the same things from Joseph, so somebody got it wrong, and I think it was pres. Young.

22 And Enoch also beheld the residue of the people which were the sons of Adam; and they were a mixture of all the seed of Adam save it was the seed of Cain, for the seed of Cain were black, and had not place among them. I think it's talking about the Canaanite 'seed', NOT the 'seed of Cain'. The canaanites were the seed of Ham and they had moved in and taken over the inherited lands of Shem. They could have been 'dark skinned, or it could be that Joseph mistranslated because he THOUGHT it was talking about Cain, as he was also taught those christian dogmas about a curse of cain you have shared.

Hmmm racial segregation?

So there you go. The racist Book of Moses as translated by Joseph Smith according to your logic.

Let's try having some Faith for once in God that he knows what he is doing and that BY was not killed by the Lord. Is that how you see it? Then you must think Joseph and Hyrum will 'killed by the Lord'. I personally have always been taught that they 'needed to seal their testimonies with their blood', but I wouldn't equate that with being killed by him. I simply think he knows what needs to be done and there is an appointed time of death for all of us. That is ridiculous. I don't find any teaching out of harmony with the gospel or scriptures. It is not contradictory but is merely expounding on things that are NOT explained anywhere in scripture. Isn't that what prophets are called to do? To revel hidden things and other knowledge that has been lost. Isn't that what Joseph Smith indeed did?
Just a word of caution. Your beliefs about a 'curse of cain' and 'curse of black skin' is extremely outdated and offensive. It is not conducive to teaching the gospel or missionary work in a worldwide church and I'm looking forward to when this kind of thinking is rejected by LDS church members and not shared or encouraged.
The pearl of great price contains the portion of the bible that was taken away by man. It is the corrected Books of Moses. Ham was cursed for some sin against his Father. He carried the same mark as Cain as is also explained in the scriptures. You may be offended but it is the truth none the less. You obviously have some white guilt and need a safe space in the LDS church were you will never be exposed to offensive teachings. Your arguments are offensive to me and your ill speaking of the Lords anointed is troubling but you are entitled to your opinion.
L

My responses in blue:

The pearl of great price contains the portion of the bible that was taken away by man.You can't use this to justify your claims that this is from the bible; The book of Moses excerpts were inspired writings which Joseph made while reading through the Bible, but the Book of Abraham came from papyrus scrolls he obtained along with some Egyptian mummies. The parts I believe you are extrapolating from come from the Book of Abraham, not the Book of Moses. It is the corrected Books of Moses.As I explained, it's not the Book of Moses we are referring to. Ham was cursed for some sin against his Father.Ham was NOT descended from Cain. He was descended from Noah. No one is disagreeing that Ham was 'cursed' for some reason. The 'curse' mentioned in Abraham 1:26, says he was 'cursed pertaining to priesthood', but once again, there is no mention of Cain. Your belief that he is descended from Cain and that Cain's curse was to not hold priesthood do not come from scriptures, but from the corrupt teachings of the christian apostasy--which they used to justify the enslavement of the black race for their benefit and profit. He carried the same mark as Cain as is also explained in the scriptures. Please cite those scriptures where it tells what the 'mark' was and how Cain and Ham shared the same 'mark'. You may be offended but it is the truth none the less. You obviously have some white guilt and need a safe space in the LDS church were you will never be exposed to offensive teachings. I can do without your condescending attitude. Your arguments are offensive to me and your ill speaking of the Lords anointed is troubling but you are entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to insist that you have scriptures to back your opinion, because you have not shared them--if you want to try, provide the scriptures.
L[/quote]

You could benefit from a rereading of Abraham 1. In particular, it says that the 'king of Egypt was a descendant from the loins of Ham, and was a partaker of the blood of the Canaanites'... 'Canaanites' are NOT the descendants of Cain, they are the descendants of Ham. They spread into the lands which had been given to Shem and they are the same peoples who populated the Promised lands and were driven out. These peoples were not black africans, but they were Hamites.

Moses 5:37 explains how Cain was cursed. Note that it does not say that he would never die, that is a myth. In verse 41, it explains that the 'mark' set on Cain was to PROTECT him from being killed and there is no explanation what that mark was. There is no reason to believe the mark was passed to his children since it's only purpose was to protect him from others taking vengeance against him for the murder of his brother.

Moses 7:8 mentions that the Lord cursed the land with much heat and barreness and a 'blackness' came upon the children of Canaan and they were despised among all people. Once again, we are NOT talking about the children of Cain, this refers to the descendants of Canaan, the Son of Ham, the son of Noah. They are the peoples who inhabited the promised land and the Children of Israel fought with to take back their inheritance.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

AI2.0 wrote:
MrNasty wrote:
AI2.0 wrote:
MrNasty wrote:
My responses in blue:

It is doctrine and scripture that the children of Cain were cursed with black skin. Moses 7:22.Sorry, you can't use the pearl of great price, it's not the bible. I said the bible. The christian churches who justifed slavery with your same argument used the bible. Find it in there. I believe some have misinterpreted the reference in the Pear of great price, because they were already under an incorrect belief. Are you now saying that Joseph Smith was also starting to teach false docrine and was killed shortly thereafter? No, you suggested that. Do YOU think he was teaching false doctrine? I only mentioned Brigham Young and YES, I think he was teaching false doctrine. I think he heard something but he was wrong in his interprestion. Orson Pratt argued with him constantly over this and Orson had heard the same things from Joseph, so somebody got it wrong, and I think it was pres. Young.

22 And Enoch also beheld the residue of the people which were the sons of Adam; and they were a mixture of all the seed of Adam save it was the seed of Cain, for the seed of Cain were black, and had not place among them. I think it's talking about the Canaanite 'seed', NOT the 'seed of Cain'. The canaanites were the seed of Ham and they had moved in and taken over the inherited lands of Shem. They could have been 'dark skinned, or it could be that Joseph mistranslated because he THOUGHT it was talking about Cain, as he was also taught those christian dogmas about a curse of cain you have shared.

Hmmm racial segregation?

So there you go. The racist Book of Moses as translated by Joseph Smith according to your logic.

Let's try having some Faith for once in God that he knows what he is doing and that BY was not killed by the Lord. Is that how you see it? Then you must think Joseph and Hyrum will 'killed by the Lord'. I personally have always been taught that they 'needed to seal their testimonies with their blood', but I wouldn't equate that with being killed by him. I simply think he knows what needs to be done and there is an appointed time of death for all of us. That is ridiculous. I don't find any teaching out of harmony with the gospel or scriptures. It is not contradictory but is merely expounding on things that are NOT explained anywhere in scripture. Isn't that what prophets are called to do? To revel hidden things and other knowledge that has been lost. Isn't that what Joseph Smith indeed did?
Just a word of caution. Your beliefs about a 'curse of cain' and 'curse of black skin' is extremely outdated and offensive. It is not conducive to teaching the gospel or missionary work in a worldwide church and I'm looking forward to when this kind of thinking is rejected by LDS church members and not shared or encouraged.
The pearl of great price contains the portion of the bible that was taken away by man. It is the corrected Books of Moses. Ham was cursed for some sin against his Father. He carried the same mark as Cain as is also explained in the scriptures. You may be offended but it is the truth none the less. You obviously have some white guilt and need a safe space in the LDS church were you will never be exposed to offensive teachings. Your arguments are offensive to me and your ill speaking of the Lords anointed is troubling but you are entitled to your opinion.
L

My responses in blue:

The pearl of great price contains the portion of the bible that was taken away by man.You can't use this to justify your claims that this is from the bible; The book of Moses excerpts were inspired writings which Joseph made while reading through the Bible, but the Book of Abraham came from papyrus scrolls he obtained along with some Egyptian mummies. The parts I believe you are extrapolating from come from the Book of Abraham, not the Book of Moses. It is the corrected Books of Moses.As I explained, it's not the Book of Moses we are referring to. Ham was cursed for some sin against his Father.Ham was NOT descended from Cain. He was descended from Noah. No one is disagreeing that Ham was 'cursed' for some reason. The 'curse' mentioned in Abraham 1:26, says he was 'cursed pertaining to priesthood', but once again, there is no mention of Cain. Your belief that he is descended from Cain and that Cain's curse was to not hold priesthood do not come from scriptures, but from the corrupt teachings of the christian apostasy--which they used to justify the enslavement of the black race for their benefit and profit. He carried the same mark as Cain as is also explained in the scriptures. Please cite those scriptures where it tells what the 'mark' was and how Cain and Ham shared the same 'mark'. You may be offended but it is the truth none the less. You obviously have some white guilt and need a safe space in the LDS church were you will never be exposed to offensive teachings. I can do without your condescending attitude. Your arguments are offensive to me and your ill speaking of the Lords anointed is troubling but you are entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to insist that you have scriptures to back your opinion, because you have not shared them--if you want to try, provide the scriptures.
L
You could benefit from a rereading of Abraham 1. In particular, it says that the 'king of Egypt was a descendant from the loins of Ham, and was a partaker of the blood of the Canaanites'... 'Canaanites' are NOT the descendants of Cain, they are the descendants of Ham. They spread into the lands which had been given to Shem and they are the same peoples who populated the Promised lands and were driven out. These peoples were not black africans, but they were Hamites.

Moses 5:37 explains how Cain was cursed. Note that it does not say that he would never die, that is a myth. In verse 41, it explains that the 'mark' set on Cain was to PROTECT him from being killed and there is no explanation what that mark was. There is no reason to believe the mark was passed to his children since it's only purpose was to protect him from others taking vengeance against him for the murder of his brother.

Moses 7:8 mentions that the Lord cursed the land with much heat and barreness and a 'blackness' came upon the children of Canaan and they were despised among all people. Once again, we are NOT talking about the children of Cain, this refers to the descendants of Canaan, the Son of Ham, the son of Noah. They are the peoples who inhabited the promised land and the Children of Israel fought with to take back their inheritance.
[/quote]

Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla!

Behold! the gospel according to Korihor.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Have a safe weekend!!

"In the short term, I see a lot going on with the elections, and I’ve addressed those in other shows and maybe after this earthquake you can have me back on and we’ll go into more of that, because that will be imminent after the earthquake." -Julie Rowe

After the EQ maybe she can do an interview with Crenshaw to discuss the elections which are on Tuesday. Has she scheduled an interview with Millls Crenshaw for Monday??

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

shadow wrote:Have a safe weekend!!

"In the short term, I see a lot going on with the elections, and I’ve addressed those in other shows and maybe after this earthquake you can have me back on and we’ll go into more of that, because that will be imminent after the earthquake." -Julie Rowe

After the EQ maybe she can do an interview with Crenshaw to discuss the elections which are on Tuesday. Has she scheduled an interview with Millls Crenshaw for Monday??
Her 'Wasatch Wakeup' earthquake prediction overshadowed her comments on the elections and the predictions she made about it. It's just not a good few months for JR. Hopefully the breakdown she suffered a couple of weeks ago was a 'wakeup'--to her loved ones that she needed real medical treatment--NOT energy healing--and hopefully she's getting it.

Thank heavens this election is almost over.

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

AI2.0 wrote:
shadow wrote:Have a safe weekend!!

Her 'Wasatch Wakeup' earthquake prediction overshadowed her comments on the elections and the predictions she made about it. It's just not a good few months for JR. Hopefully the breakdown she suffered a couple of weeks ago was a 'wakeup'--to her loved ones that she needed real medical treatment--NOT energy healing--and hopefully she's getting it.

Thank heavens this election is almost over.
Don't hold your breath. According to Julie, after the elections then we can look forward with baited breath to multiple assassinations and assassination attempts, followed by full on martial law:
Julie: This is an election like none other in all the wrong ways, and I guess in the right ways depending on who you’re working for, right? What I see is when we get through this yucky stuff, several assassinations that are going to be made and attempted assassinations, and later on full-scale martial law and things like that, what I see in the short term is very dark, what I see in the long term is extremely bright, brighter than we’ve ever had on the planet.
Plus, there's supposed to be a super moon in a couple of weeks that I'm sure someone somewhere will try and make a big deal about, followed by someone else bringing up the fact that we may see an extreme winter this year with the way the polar express is setting up (places in Siberia are already seeing 10 feet of snow within 3 days), and of course there's the GAS 'prophecy' which may or may not happen this year on a holiday, and well, as you can see there is just so much to still look forward to and keep us distracted from things that really matter. :-ss :ymsigh:

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Well, if she didn't get the "imminent" earthquake right I'd hope nobody, including our long lost friend Catherine, trusts her anymore. They should just leave her alone and ignore her ploys for attention. Maybe then she'd get the professional help she needs.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

What?? I thought she said the assassinations would be during the election cycle--are they supposed to happen after the election? So, assassinations and martial law--two more things that will be easy to prove true or false in the next few weeks.

Unfortunately we have a number who are now touting this prediction that Obama will be the last president so we have to put up with them until the next president takes office in January 2017.

You are right, they are distractions from what really matters most.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

AI2.0 wrote: Unfortunately we have a number who are now touting this prediction that Obama will be the last president so we have to put up with them until the next president takes office in January 2017.
He will be the last president....until the next one takes office.

They learned it from Kerry- "I voted for the war before I voted against it"

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Forget Julie Rowe. Have we forgotten the scriptures?

Who among us want to be among the Lord's sheep?

3 Nephi 18:31
31 But if he repent not he shall not be numbered among my people, that he may not destroy my people, for behold I know my sheep, and they are numbered.

John 10:27
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Who among us are willing to wait upon the Lord?

Psalms 37:9
9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.

Psalms 123:2
2 Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the Lord our God, until that he have mercy upon us.

Zephaniah 3:8
8 ¶Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the Lord, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.

The righteous will learn the signs of the Lord's coming

D&C 84:119
119 For I, the Lord, have put forth my hand to exert the powers of heaven; ye cannot see it now, yet a little while and ye shall see it, and know that I am, and that I will come and reign with my people.

D&C 68:11
11 And unto you it shall be given to know the signs of the times, and the signs of the coming of the Son of Man;

Here is the last verse in context:

8 Go ye into all the world, preach the gospel to every creature, acting in the authority which I have given you, baptizing in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
9 And he that believeth and is baptized shall be saved, and he that believeth not shall be damned.
10 And he that believeth shall be blest with signs following, even as it is written.
11 And unto you it shall be given to know the signs of the times, and the signs of the coming of the Son of Man;
12 And of as many as the Father shall bear record, to you shall be given power to seal them up unto eternal life. Amen.

So is there a need to wrap ourselves up in every word of beware coming from people other than the leaders of our church...when it it time for them to speak through the Lord? Or how about personal revelation to a patriarch of one's own family?

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

I already have competing prophecies in force:
FTC wrote:on Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:29 am
So far, my prophecy success = 3. I currently have in force continuing prophecy: the 2016 elections will happen; Obama will not stop them nor retain presidency past inauguration day 2017; whoever is officially elected from the November 8, 2016 elections will take office on inauguration day 2017. I look forward to my prophecy career climbing to 6 fulfilled prophecies.
FTC wrote:on Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:04 pm
I was gonna get to this earlier in the day, but work got busy. Lame!
In any case, October 27th isn't even over for another 6 hours, but my prophecies are so rock solid that I'm claiming this one was fully and completely filled.
FTC's successful prophecy count = 4
Doom and gloom end-of-worlders' = 0
FTC wrote:on Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:44 am
With that, I prophesy before you! NOTHING, and I mean not one single thing, end of world-ish will happen until after December. Why? Because Star Wars. And Felicity Jones.
In four days, the beginning of my prophecy #5 will happen, with #6 right in tow. I voted Trump!! B-)

Since I'm in the prophetic mood, I also prophesy that no discernible earthquakes will happen in Utah for the rest of 2016. Discernible meaning that the earthquake must be reported on Utah television news, NBC, CBS, Fox or ABC, within 24 hours of it happening.

At this rate, I could easily have a dozen fulfilled prophecies by inauguration day 2017. :ymapplause:

capctr
captain of 100

Post by capctr »

Trump... huh!
My thoughts are that a Trump win may buy us a few more years of the status quo, whereas professor Umbridge, ahem, I mean Hillsy will be a most unpleasant game changer. That being said, we have been exhorted to vote based on Choosing The Right candidate, not for the hoped for outcome.
Sigh! It shouldn't be this hard, right?

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

DesertWonderer wrote:Did you all hear E Cook's Sat morning address?

oh my... Don't ever have all doubt erased by relying on a church leader. Rely on the Lord, for He employs no servant at the gate to heaven.