Julie Rowe radio interview may 3rd; She says 'imminent changes coming'

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Re: Julie Rowe radio interview may 3rd; She says 'imminent changes coming'

Post by AI2.0 »

brianj wrote:
mirkwood wrote:At around the 14 minute mark she said things are coming in the next day or two.
Yes, but she doesn't say what. The big deal from this interview, at least to me, is Thanksgiving weekend. If electronic transactions fail in the US, even if it is just a regional failure somewhere, I will pay more attention to her. If nothing happens then maybe what she says is true and maybe it isn't, but it will be obvious that her timeline is unreliable.

I moved over the summer, something that required me to empty my water barrels. As I listened to this interview I considered that i need to refill the barrels, but her word alone isn't enough to motivate me to action.
If Julie was simply sharing her 'revelations', it would less damaging if some believe her or not. But she's got a 5013c charity she's set up and she's soliciting funds and volunteers for it. I don't trust her. She could ruin some people's lives, temporally as well as spiritually, if they fail to recognize that not only are her timelines unreliable but she's NOT what she claims to be.

I'm afraid that some will ignore the fact that these most recent 'predictions' also won't come true and they will continue to enable her.
Last edited by AI2.0 on November 17th, 2016, 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Summerwind wrote:Question: Why would God send a "Julie" to warn Utah, but not warn people outside the US of anything? Does God love them all less? Things that make you go hm...
He hasn't. Her prophecies came and went like my dream of happily living on a tropical island. I'm not shocked that people still give her relevance, people are gullible, but i'm a bit surprised that people on this site still follow her.

Summerwind
captain of 100

Post by Summerwind »

shadow wrote:
Summerwind wrote:Question: Why would God send a "Julie" to warn Utah, but not warn people outside the US of anything? Does God love them all less? Things that make you go hm...
He hasn't. Her prophecies came and went like my dream of happily living on a tropical island. I'm not shocked that people still give her relevance, people are gullible, but i'm a bit surprised that people on this site still follow her.
I think people are hungry for information about the Last Days. I see these same folks discussing and picking apart in great detail the visions or statements of any modern prophet too... anxious and trying to fit it into life right now. Many are actually excited and anxious to go live in tents. I don't see what is truly stopping them if this is what they want to choose for life?

I don't relish disaster. I don't look forward to people dying and to the calamities that not even the children of God will fully be spared from (referring to scripture). I don't get excited about people suffering... ever. I find that distasteful.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

shadow wrote:

You are a bit surprised? How long have you been coming to this site now?? :ymdevil:

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Summerwind wrote:
shadow wrote:
I think people are hungry for information about the Last Days. I see these same folks discussing and picking apart in great detail the visions or statements of any modern prophet too... anxious and trying to fit it into life right now. Many are actually excited and anxious to go live in tents. I don't see what is truly stopping them if this is what they want to choose for life?

I don't relish disaster. I don't look forward to people dying and to the calamities that not even the children of God will fully be spared from (referring to scripture). I don't get excited about people suffering... ever. I find that distasteful.
I agree, I think some are desperate for something to happen in their lives, they are tired of the day to day monotony of everyday living and they want some excitement--except they have no idea how miserable it would be to actually live in the apocalyptic future they seem to long for. They also want to see the wicked destroyed and themselves vindicated--but 'Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord' and it's also on his timeline.

I've wondered if one day we will see a movement of fringe LDS who will get tired of waiting for the Prophet to 'call them out' and actually will go out and create their own community, living in tents, awaiting the tribulations. After associating with some of the good folks here at LDSFF, I could see this happening....

Summerwind
captain of 100

Post by Summerwind »

I agree, I think some are desperate for something to happen in their lives, they are tired of the day to day monotony of everyday living and they want some excitement--except they have no idea how miserable it would be to actually live in the apocalyptic future they seem to long for. They also want to see the wicked destroyed and themselves vindicated--but 'Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord' and it's also on his timeline.

I've wondered if one day we will see a movement of fringe LDS who will get tired of waiting for the Prophet to 'call them out' and actually will go out and create their own community, living in tents, awaiting the tribulations. After associating with some of the good folks here at LDSFF, I could see this happening....
If they want something exciting - I wish they would find a way other than to desire suffering of other people. And to want that for their own vindication is absolutely disgusting in a human being! I think most of these people have lived privileged lives and have no idea what this level of suffering even looks like so they think it's exciting... it's not. It's awful. They should shake up their monotony and go to Haiti to see what that's truly like.

I think we will see a group of people decide to pick up and go live in a community in the mountains together. That doesn't surprise me. I think the church has factions within it, and the tribulationists as I call them, are so sure that everyone else is in error.. sometimes including the prophet and apostles, that I could easily see this happening if it isn't already.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Mark wrote:
shadow wrote:

You are a bit surprised? How long have you been coming to this site now?? :ymdevil:
Don't be mad that I posted your picture on this site, bro.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=44075&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

shadow wrote:
Mark wrote:
shadow wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=44075&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All I can say is congrats in losing those 400 pounds. You really are just a shadow of your former self..

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/10/ ... 880981.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

shadow wrote:
Just as gullible as all those Donald Trump lovers, right?

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

GrandMasterB wrote:
shadow wrote:
Just as gullible as all those Donald Trump lovers, right?
Most likely. Time will have to tell on that one, but he's already backtracking on many of his promises. For me, I've always said that as lousy as Trump is he's far better than Hillary. I still stand by that. I wasn't expecting a good president with Trump.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Mark wrote:
shadow wrote:
Mark wrote:
shadow wrote: He hasn't. Her prophecies came and went like my dream of happily living on a tropical island. I'm not shocked that people still give her relevance, people are gullible, but i'm a bit surprised that people on this site still follow her.

All I can say is congrats in losing those 400 pounds. You really are just a shadow of your former self..

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/10/ ... 880981.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Essential oils did it for me. Rub a gallon of Digestzen on that gut and poof! it's gone. To order some PM me :^O

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

Summerwind wrote:

If they want something exciting - I wish they would find a way other than to desire suffering of other people. And to want that for their own vindication is absolutely disgusting in a human being! I think most of these people have lived privileged lives and have no idea what this level of suffering even looks like so they think it's exciting... it's not. It's awful. They should shake up their monotony and go to Haiti to see what that's truly like.

I think we will see a group of people decide to pick up and go live in a community in the mountains together. That doesn't surprise me. I think the church has factions within it, and the tribulationists as I call them, are so sure that everyone else is in error.. sometimes including the prophet and apostles, that I could easily see this happening if it isn't already.
But, But, BUT!! In the movies and on television post-apocalypse life is soooooooooooooo coooooooooooooooollllll!!!!!!! And exciting! And fun! and thrilling! The bad guys always get what's coming to them, and the guy gets the girl! With such phenomenal glory! and they live happily ever after! and everything works out just right, everytime. Even the cliffhangers!!!

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Do you definitively know nobody on another continent is trying to warn their neighbors?
With regard to the New Zealand earthquake, only one person died as a direct result of the earthquake when his house collapsed on him. The other reported death is a suspected heart attack, something that cannot definitively be blamed on the earthquake. And I haven't found anything to indicate either of these people was an active Latter-day Saint. Should a really destructive quake strike New Zealand or any other country, I would expect some kind of warning to get to safety.
And Rowe hasn't claimed that her Wasatch Wake-up earthquake is something that is going to cause a large loss of life or that we really need to be prepared for. She claims that quake is a warning. She claims that, prior to the really big quake, church leaders will counsel members to go to places of safety. I have no idea if she is accurately reporting a vision she really received or not, but the idea of a prophetic warning through ordained leaders preceding a massive natural disaster is something I would expect.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

AI2.0 wrote:I agree, I think some are desperate for something to happen in their lives, they are tired of the day to day monotony of everyday living and they want some excitement--except they have no idea how miserable it would be to actually live in the apocalyptic future they seem to long for. They also want to see the wicked destroyed and themselves vindicated--but 'Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord' and it's also on his timeline.

People are just tired of the day to day monotony? Are you sure that no parent is increasingly worried as they fight hard but lose ground attempting to counter the wicked influences their children are faced with on a daily basis through school, social media, entertainment, and other sources? Or that none of us are touched by modern social unrest and concerned about threats to self or livelihood? Or that there are no other legitimate concerns about encroaching wickedness that we just want to be delivered from?

When I am in Sacrament meeting and the Seahawks are playing, I know exactly when they score or a quarter ends because I hear at least 50 phones hum. People put their phones on silent mode thinking that is enough, but when so many phone vibrators hum at the same time it's unmistakable. Then most of those people look at their phones! I would be afraid to go to the temple during a Thursday night game because I would expect a few people to pull phones out of their pockets to see what their team app is alerting them to. This is not conducive to the Spirit and and I would have a much better time at church if it didn't happen.

You can mock with the idea of going to live in a tent and wait, but that isn't going to happen. How many times have you heard about people reenacting the Willie Handcart Company and freezing their way through snow covered mountains without sufficient food or insulation? There is little or no spiritual benefit to suffering just to suffer. When the time comes that we are invited to gather I will go with happiness and excitement, but I doubt anybody will be going expecting an extended summer camp.

Summerwind
captain of 100

Post by Summerwind »

brianj wrote:
Do you definitively know nobody on another continent is trying to warn their neighbors?
With regard to the New Zealand earthquake, only one person died as a direct result of the earthquake when his house collapsed on him. The other reported death is a suspected heart attack, something that cannot definitively be blamed on the earthquake. And I haven't found anything to indicate either of these people was an active Latter-day Saint. Should a really destructive quake strike New Zealand or any other country, I would expect some kind of warning to get to safety.
And Rowe hasn't claimed that her Wasatch Wake-up earthquake is something that is going to cause a large loss of life or that we really need to be prepared for. She claims that quake is a warning. She claims that, prior to the really big quake, church leaders will counsel members to go to places of safety. I have no idea if she is accurately reporting a vision she really received or not, but the idea of a prophetic warning through ordained leaders preceding a massive natural disaster is something I would expect.
Since I have LDS friends in Australia, the UK, Europe, and Africa now... and none of them say they have heard of any such people giving personal prophecies for their area... Yeah pretty sure.

Oh I'm not talking about massive loss of life regarding this wake up quake... I'm talking about the folks that follow her around hanging on every word anxious to go live in tents while most of the world dies in wars and plagues, and such. They are anxious for this... and that's sick.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Uh, I posted this, yet, the board name and avatar is entirely different and the wording was changed... what's going on?

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Col. Flagg wrote:
Uh, I posted this, yet, the board name and avatar is entirely different and the wording was changed... what's going on?

It's a conspiracy I tell you! I demand that Flagg be given credit for this quote!! :-w

Summerwind
captain of 100

Post by Summerwind »

No, I basically quoted you though I didn't know how to get the quote from one thread to another.

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

Catherine wrote:O.k. people. I am going to be very bold. I am going to risk being absolutely ripped to shreds by the likes of desert wanderer, A12.0, thisispartaa, mirkwood,,etc..That is okay. I can deal with it. I am not going to fight with any of you about this no matter what horrible comments that you will spew at me. I am going to be very frank.

You need to humble yourselves and repent. Those who are thwarting this message are working with the adversary on this side of the veil. Think about that for just a moment. Can you really imagine having to take responsibility for negatively influencing many people on the truthfulness of this message just because it comes from a regular daughter of God on this earth?

Julie's message is independent of the church. This message is for ALL faiths. She is in good standing with the church. She has had no gag order. This earthquake that is imminent is a wakeup from the Wasatch front to go out to the world. The earth is now overrun with wickedness. It is time for a cleansing.

You that fight so hard against her and attack her character need to pray for your eyes to be opened and for the forces of the adversary to leave you.I have never defended Julie in order to somehow be given acclamations that I am right and you are wrong. I don't feel that way about you. I feel like your souls know deep inside that this is true and they are fighting really hard to break through the adversaries grip to open your eyes. That would explain why so many of you keep gravitating to her interviews and discussion boards. Why would you do that if somewhere deep in your souls you didn't want to know more?

You can humble yourselves or the Lord can humble you. I think you know which way will be easier.

I pray for you. I hope that you will come to the truth and eventually take steps to go out of your way to make amends for your wrongdoings on this site and wherever you have been an influence on others. I am not a perfect person. No one is. I have my own set of problems that I take responsibility for either on my own or from some humbling from God. I do not say this to somehow put myself above you. I do not feel like I am above you. I just hope to appeal to the goodness that you have within you for your own sakes. May God be with you. Catherine
and
Catherine wrote:
DesertWonderer wrote:
Tell me please what time-frame should we put on this wake up EQ prophecy of her's? 1, 2, 5, 10...years?
It sounds like within this year. I have had confirmation from the spirit that is so.
and
Catherine wrote:
I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote: I always admire when people are brave enough to put a date on it. That being said, since you said the spirit confirmed to you the earthquake is this year, IF it does not happen, will you admit on this forum you were deceived by a false spirit and/or Julie Rowe?
Yes, I will admit that my interpretation from the spirit was wrong. No problem. I will not admit that I was deceived by Julie Rowe. That would mean that I was following her as if she was a Prophet. I listen to messages that I discern as truth and then I take it to the Lord for confirmation.
and
Catherine wrote: I have to say that it is confusing when people say that the spirit has proven her to be false for them. My experience through fasting and prayer and attending the temple has been a resounding affirmation for her. I am not sure why Satan would want to warn people of bad things so that they could prepare though.
Catherine, I hope this isn't taken the wrong way, as it is not my intention to attack anyone. Rather, I am honestly seeking to know and understand you, I value your thoughts and opinions, and I hope you will see fit to reply.

Now that a year has nearly passed, and in light of recent circumstances, I'm curious if you still feel the same way about Julie Rowe and her message. Do you still feel that she speaks the truth and that her message comes from God? What do you make of Julie's most recent interview and the predictions she made therein? Do you believe those came from God as well, even though none of it happened as she predicted? And what are your thoughts about those of us who have raised a warning voice against her? Do you feel the same way and still believe that those of us who oppose her message "are working with the adversary on this side of the veil?" Why or why not? And what about the earthquake that you "had confirmation from the spirit" would happen within a year - what are your current thoughts about this?
SamFisher wrote:
nvr wrote:Catherine - Just help me understand how her pay-per-call energy healing conference call session she did last year wasn't a form of priestcraft?
Everything I've heard from Julie Rowe is sensible and in line with the gospel, so I'm supposed to believe your claims that she engaged in priestcraft? I might as well believe the crap spread about Joseph Smith. I can spot the lies, and the lie is coming from you.

I can't wait to read the reactions here after the ground shakes--if you have the guts to come back to the forum. Or will you be too busy trying to find food on the bare shelves of The Ready Store?
and
SamFisher wrote:
AI2.0 wrote:
SamFisher wrote:The scriptures are clear that people will see visions and dream dreams in the last days. Some of you are ignoring that clear doctrine and throwing stones at the very people having these experiences, which the Lord warns against--as if LDS GAs are the only servants of God.

When Spencer published Visions of Glory, it was evident that Tribulation would be coming in perhaps 5 - 10 years (from 2011), and that it would devastate the world. Why dismiss those voices outright? Why not wait and see what happens and prepare? We've hit 5 years, and it could all start to unravel. Times have changed from the Benson era.

Those of you trolls who accuse the JRs of the world as being sick or fraudulent are as foolish as the morons on the opposite spectrum who sell all their retirement for food and move to Sanpete. Both sides turn faulty assumption into facts. (And the trolls here, BTW, are as annoying as the anti-Brethren crowd who throw them under the bus for every decision they make, like City Creek or land purchases in Florida.)

This thread is yet one more long, childish, pointless, stupid, embarrassing thing to be a part of, as are all posts involving JR. Neither side is going to convince the other. Why bother?
You certainly changed your position over the last six months. You were for her, then you were against her, now for her again....What is making it difficult for you to make a sound judgment in this matter?
Re: Julie Rowe's New Book February 2016

Report this post
Thanks

Postby SamFisher » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:20 pm
I used to support Julie Rowe. It's becoming clear that she's marginally insane, annoying, overbearing, and just wants to stay relevant now that her Fall prediction has proven phony. Reminds me of that nut Nancy from Zetatalk who's been stringing people along for over a decade about Planet X. I believe Spencer in Visions of Glory is telling the truth, and I even believe Sarah Menet is being truthful. JR, IMO, has crafted a story by pilfering details from both of them and from a lot of other people's dreams. If there's a call-out and some of her predictions come true, I'll owe her an apology--but even the call-out prediction isn't her own. That has been around for many years and dreamed by others.

These users thanked the author SamFisher for the post:
nzmagpie
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=40708&p=665387#p665387

Apparently you, at one time, were one of those, you are now accusing of being 'trolls'? Why so harsh and why the change? Why are we 'trolls' if we don't agree with you?

And a reminder. The scriptures do talk about dreams and visions, but they also warn us that they are not always from God. I'm not going to bother looking up the references, I've already quoted it several times on these threads and really, you ought to be the one looking up scriptures so that you can come to clear understanding rather than vacellating with the crowd.
Someone has too much time on his hands.

I'm not here supporting JR per se. Rather, I'm supporting the doctrine that says normal members can have such visions, that they are not exclusive to the Brethren, or to priesthood holders. Or to men. Or even members.

I'm debating those on this forum who either can't blow their nose without permission from an LDS GA, or those of you who demonize the Brethren at every turn (i.e. apostate progressives). (Plenty of that going on elsewhere on this site.)

The post you found was me hacked off about her claim of an October EQ. I'm cutting her slack now because I don't believe she made that claim. There are too many psychopaths misquoting her, so I need to hear the words from her. With her predictions of an imminent EQ, yeah, if that prediction does not come to pass, I will move to the camp that says JR is not just a fraud but possibly the most dangerous member in the church right now. And you can quote me.
Same questions for you SamFisher - do you still believe Julie speaks the truth and that we are the liars? Or have your views changed since you've made these statements?

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Catherine said she'd received affirmation in the temple, after fasting and praying about Julie's prediction so I'd expect she's struggling to understand why she was wrong. That's got to be a blow to her confidence in receiving answers. I assumed she'd left the forum since she knew she'd be asked to explain herself.

Sam Fisher was looking forward with glee to rubbing it in everyone's faces when the earthquake came, which it did not. I think that's probably why he's no longer here also.

Unless...they are on the forum under different names. We've seen others do that.

Summerwind
captain of 100

Post by Summerwind »

Actually she left the forum shortly after her run in with me. She hurled some seriously nasty things at me in PM, blocked me and then left not long after.

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

AI2.0 wrote:Catherine said she'd received affirmation in the temple, after fasting and praying about Julie's prediction so I'd expect she's struggling to understand why she was wrong. That's got to be a blow to her confidence in receiving answers. I assumed she'd left the forum since she knew she'd be asked to explain herself.
Yes, I imagine that such would be a hard thing to have to re-evaluate for oneself. That's part of the reason why I hope my post isn't seen as an attack because it could be a very sensitive issue to deal with.

I just checked when they were last active and it has been awhile for Catherine. It's a shame that she left under such circumstances. :(

But SamFisher last logged on as recently as Sunday, so perhaps we can get some commentary from him at least.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Why is there so much discussion on Julie Rowe's predictions. If they are wrong, people at least got more prepared by believing her. So what is the big deal? I personally think she is right. I mean, the country is in a lot of turmoil. Now we can all agree that if it is true, it is late. We all thought her predictions would have happened by now.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

My responses in blue:
brianj wrote:
AI2.0 wrote:I hope the election passing without Julie Rowe's predictions coming true will serve to wake up some of her followers that these people don't have the ability to predict anything. This goes for all the dreamers/visionaries who shared their dreams/visions in an attempt to bolster her claims.
The most you should anticipate is a concession that the people claiming visions were wrong in their time frame.They've been wrong about a lot of things, not just time frames. Shelle McDermott said there would be biological attack on the fourth of July last year, but since she's not that well known, it went ignored. Julie's many mistakes about claiming there would be biological attacks, famine were ignored because she said them on AVOW so they didn't get much publicity, but WE know about it. You have every right to believe that a peaceful election means that there will never be an earthquake, plague, or invasion I never said that since there was a peaceful election there will never be earthquakes, plagues etc. but I will say that I do not believe these people have any ability to predict these things and if an earthquake happens, it will not happen as they predicted it. as those people described, but none of us can say with a certainty that what those people claimed isn't true until those events come to pass or circumstances move past those claims.Actually, they are not just wrong in the time frame. Julie Rowe made several predictions about events she said would take place before the end of the year when she went on Bryan Hyde's show in November. She said EBT cards would not work, Trump towers would be bombed, Trump would be shot or stabbed and there would be major riots that spread from city to city. It wasn't just about putting a date with these things. What she said did not happen.

Liberals are already talking about a Michelle Obama candidacy in 2020. Suppose she's elected in 2020 and things happen as described by one of those claimed visionaries around the 2024 election. What then? Would that be evidence that they made up their claims, that their visions were of the devil, or that they got the time frame wrong?
Julie said these things specifically in answer to Bryan Hyde's question of what could be expected in the next few weeks--not four years from now.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Juliet wrote:Why is there so much discussion on Julie Rowe's predictions. If they are wrong, people at least got more prepared by believing her. So what is the big deal? I personally think she is right. I mean, the country is in a lot of turmoil. Now we can all agree that if it is true, it is late. We all thought her predictions would have happened by now.
Julie didn't just predict that the country would be in turmoil--No one needs a crystal ball to see that, I don't know anyone who denies this. The 'big deal' is that certain people on this forum for the last 2 1/2 years have been calling us out and insisting we believe her claims that she can predict future events. That's one reason why we discuss her here--and clearly it's necessary because posters still 'think she's right'.... Right about what? I'd like to hear which of her predictions have actually happened? And if you think she's right, she'd like you to donate to her 'Greater Relief Fund'--and why would you have any qualms...if you think she's right?

But, if you don't want to be taken advantage of, I wouldn't give her any money. Find out what she's doing with it first. Look at her books and see where the donations are going and how many 'refugees' their charity has helped so far.

If you look at the things Julie Rowe has predicted, she's not been right. You might want to read some of the threads here on her, there is plenty of evidence that she's been very wrong.