Julie Rowe says she's never been given a 'gag order' by the LDS church

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Summerwind
captain of 100

Re: Julie Rowe says she's never been given a 'gag order' by the LDS church

Post by Summerwind »

capctr wrote:Back to OP-does anybody think Rowe will ever be disciplined in a church court? I doubt it, as the amount of mental and emotional stability she seems to have is almost non-existent; however, I wish she and her acolytes would just STOP trying to make her relevant.
Well something weird is going on since she called for witnessess...
New post on Julie Rowe

Seeking Feedback from Julie’s Speaking Events
by Eric Smith
To whom it may concern:

We are seeking written accounts of some of the special circumstances surrounding any of the 22 speaking events Julie Rowe participated in from 2014-2015 for record keeping purposes.

If you attended one or more of these events and had a special experience, or had a special witness of some kind, we are asking you to write about it and send it in. Or if you know someone else who had such an experience, we encourage you to pass this request on to them.

Please reply by email to agreatertomorrow2014@gmail.com with the word "Witness" in the subject line. Keep your remarks brief (300-600 words), and include the following:

1. The name and date of the event you attended (see table of events below)
2. Your name, or state if you’d like to remain anonymous
3. And please state if you are willing to have your remarks published

We know there are many who had special experiences, and encourage them to participate in this special record keeping project. Thank you for your participation!

EVENT DATE
Kaysville Ut July 15, 2014
Logan Tabernacle July 17, 2014
South Jordan Residence July 20, 2014
Mesa, AZ Interstake Building August 23, 2014
Aurora Illinois Suburb Residence September 26, 2014
Chicago Residence September 27, 2014
Springville Book Signing November 7, 2014
Seattle Stake Center January 7, 2015
Little Elm Texas Stake Center February 6, 2015
Dallas Suburb Residence February 7, 2015
Cameron Missouri Community Center February 21, 2015
Dixie Convention Center March 7, 2015
Fayetville Tennesee Courthouse April 10, 2015
Boston May 9, 2015
Boston Veterans Association May 10, 2015
Burke Virginia Residence June 6, 2015
Annapolis Maryland Suburb June 7, 2015
Mount Pleasant Ut June 19, 2015
Weber State Ogden, Ut June 22, 2015
Castle Rock July 5, 2015
Fort Collins July 7, 2015
Rexburg Idaho July 25, 2015
Eric Smith | December 31, 2016 at 12:41 am |

Todd
captain of 100

Post by Todd »

Last edited by Todd on January 1st, 2017, 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Summerwind wrote:
capctr wrote:Back to OP-does anybody think Rowe will ever be disciplined in a church court? I doubt it, as the amount of mental and emotional stability she seems to have is almost non-existent; however, I wish she and her acolytes would just STOP trying to make her relevant.
New post on Julie Rowe

by Eric Smith
To whom it may concern:

We are seeking written accounts of some of the special circumstances surrounding any of the 22 speaking events Julie Rowe participated in from 2014-2015 for record keeping purposes.

If you attended one or more of these events and had a special experience, or had a special witness of some kind, we are asking you to write about it and send it in. Or if you know someone else who had such an experience, we encourage you to pass this request on to them.

Please reply by email to agreatertomorrow2014@gmail.com with the word "Witness" in the subject line. Keep your remarks brief (300-600 words), and include the following:

We know there are many who had special experiences, and encourage them to participate in this special record keeping project. Thank you for your participation!

EVENT DATE
Boston May 9, 2015
Castle Rock July 5, 2015
This call for witnesses is truly sad. It's like a junkie needing ever-greater concentrations of the drug to achieve the highs that came so easily at first. Is there any precedent in Church history of a person called of God making such a request? (serious question)

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

AI2.0 is the one who gives Julie the most relevancy on this forum anymore.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

LDScop wrote:AI2.0 is the one who gives Julie the most relevancy on this forum anymore.
Hahaha. Now that's funny. Let's see how many more posts your comment generates.

We're all guilty of keeping this and other threads like it going.

Todd
captain of 100

Post by Todd »

Last edited by Todd on January 1st, 2017, 6:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

Summerwind wrote:
New post on Julie Rowe

by Eric Smith
To whom it may concern:

EVENT DATE
Boston May 9, 2015
Castle Rock July 5, 2015
Huh. Did she really speak at that many places? I was only aware of about six of them. It's interesting that in the first half of her speaking tour many of the locations she spoke in were Church buildings (stake centers, the Logan tabernacle) but then the second half of her tour she never spoke in them again. I know there was some talk about it at the time, that she tried to get permission to use some Church buildings for speaking but wasn't allowed and so had to find alternate venues. I wonder, though, if it was the decision of local leadership that stopped her from meeting in these buildings during the later part of her speaking tour, or if it came from higher up? I suppose there's really no point in speculating though.

I suspect they're only looking for favorable and supportive testimonies of how wonderful she is and how grateful people are for her speaking at these events. If someone, for example, went to such an event and experienced receiving a special witness from the Holy Ghost that her account was false then it would probably be a no-no to write to them about it, right? :-?

And, finally, who is this Eric Smith? Is he the one that posted it to her blog? The post seems to be written by or on behalf of a group or committee as they say "We are seeking..." "we are asking you to write about it..." "we encourage you to pass this request on..." and finally, "We know there are many who had special experiences, and encourage them to participate in this special record keeping project." Is Julie planning a fourth book? Or another speaking tour? Or is this some project for the GTRF? Or something else? :-\

Summerwind
captain of 100

Post by Summerwind »

All things I have wondered about too.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Summerwind wrote:
brianj wrote: And Summerwind, If we ever meet I hope you can explain how you conclude that I am saying "All church members who don't prepare" when you read "The guy who just bought a new boat and a new big SUV to tow it, but claims he doesn't have money to buy food storage, is more typical of the members I have come across..."
I seriously doubt we will ever meet - however, I find it peculiar that you jump to that kind of a thought process rather than the combination of the two. Interesting and a very enlightening trip into your thought process. Quite frankly I'm tired of last days nuts telling me that if I don't have all my stuff NOW, it's too late and God doesn't love me enough to bother with me. Now that isn't you - that's them, but I apologize for misreading your comments and thinking you meant that's how you see them all. I'm just tired of that assumption made by others.
This much I will say. If you don't have your food storage NOW, or you are not making an effort to acquire it NOW[/i], then you lose out on blessings NOW. I will be candid: I am sure that I am being blessed for having the food storage, but at this time I don't recognize those blessings. However, when I was making an effort to buy three or four cases on every paycheck, I believe that I was being richly blessed for doing so. As I look back, I don't recognize that expenditure of around $100 per month having any impact on our budget. Money even seemed to go a little farther than usual. And even before that, when I was only able to buy one case of food per month or a couple extra cans of food per month, I felt blessed.

I do wholeheartedly believe that the time will come when, if we aren't prepared, it will be too late, but of course I have no idea when that time will be. And if we don't bother following counsel of our leaders and we suffer the consequences, it is not because God doesn't love you enough - it's because you didn't love God enough. Remember: "If ye love me, keep my commandments." Finally, an important message to those who have or will suffer for not having followed commandments or counsel: Yes you will suffer, but it's not because God doesn't love you or doesn't love you enough. "Whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth." Even when I feel like I am working hard to keep the commandments, I usually find myself suffering. But that suffering has a refining effect.

Summerwind
captain of 100

Post by Summerwind »

brianj wrote:
Summerwind wrote:
brianj wrote: And Summerwind, If we ever meet I hope you can explain how you conclude that I am saying "All church members who don't prepare" when you read "The guy who just bought a new boat and a new big SUV to tow it, but claims he doesn't have money to buy food storage, is more typical of the members I have come across..."
I seriously doubt we will ever meet - however, I find it peculiar that you jump to that kind of a thought process rather than the combination of the two. Interesting and a very enlightening trip into your thought process. Quite frankly I'm tired of last days nuts telling me that if I don't have all my stuff NOW, it's too late and God doesn't love me enough to bother with me. Now that isn't you - that's them, but I apologize for misreading your comments and thinking you meant that's how you see them all. I'm just tired of that assumption made by others.
This much I will say. If you don't have your food storage NOW, or you are not making an effort to acquire it NOW[/i], then you lose out on blessings NOW. I will be candid: I am sure that I am being blessed for having the food storage, but at this time I don't recognize those blessings. However, when I was making an effort to buy three or four cases on every paycheck, I believe that I was being richly blessed for doing so. As I look back, I don't recognize that expenditure of around $100 per month having any impact on our budget. Money even seemed to go a little farther than usual. And even before that, when I was only able to buy one case of food per month or a couple extra cans of food per month, I felt blessed.

I do wholeheartedly believe that the time will come when, if we aren't prepared, it will be too late, but of course I have no idea when that time will be. And if we don't bother following counsel of our leaders and we suffer the consequences, it is not because God doesn't love you enough - it's because you didn't love God enough. Remember: "If ye love me, keep my commandments." Finally, an important message to those who have or will suffer for not having followed commandments or counsel: Yes you will suffer, but it's not because God doesn't love you or doesn't love you enough. "Whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth." Even when I feel like I am working hard to keep the commandments, I usually find myself suffering. But that suffering has a refining effect.

Threats aren't becoming. Especially those that do not apply to me. I already have a confirmation from the Lord about my standing in this area. I'm not concerned there.

I'm sure that there will indeed come a time when it is too late to further acquire food storage... that is very true. However, it does not follow that those who could not will be punished for happening to be born at a time when procuring this was not possible, or not completing it was not within their actual ability. That's not a just God at all, not the God I know. And this is why I reject the elitist argument that only those with full and complete food storage warrant any kind of protection from the Lord. I'll let the Lord be the judge of hearts and individual circumstances. This is exactly why I rejected the groupies surrounding JR. She never said as much herself to my knowledge, but many around her are absolutely convinced they are better than everyone else because they have been able to afford more preparations. That's dangerous ground.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

This applys....

Isaiah 8:
And I will wait upon the LORD, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him. Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion. And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead? To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them. And they shall pass through it, hardly bestead and hungry: and it shall come to pass, that when they shall be hungry, they shall fret themselves, and curse their king and their God, and look upward. And they shall look unto the earth; and behold trouble and darkness, dimness of anguish; and they shall be driven to darkness.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Summerwind wrote:Threats aren't becoming. Especially those that do not apply to me. I already have a confirmation from the Lord about my standing in this area. I'm not concerned there.

I'm sure that there will indeed come a time when it is too late to further acquire food storage... that is very true. However, it does not follow that those who could not will be punished for happening to be born at a time when procuring this was not possible, or not completing it was not within their actual ability. That's not a just God at all, not the God I know. And this is why I reject the elitist argument that only those with full and complete food storage warrant any kind of protection from the Lord. I'll let the Lord be the judge of hearts and individual circumstances. This is exactly why I rejected the groupies surrounding JR. She never said as much herself to my knowledge, but many around her are absolutely convinced they are better than everyone else because they have been able to afford more preparations. That's dangerous ground.
I hope you don't think I was threatening you, because I don't see a threat toward anybody in my message.

And I disagree with your labeling a position you disagree with as an elitist argument. The European and Scandinavian saints who financially prepared for a trip to the Salt Lake Valley were able to take the journey by way of ship, maybe riverboat, train, then wagon. Those who decided to put off the trip until they could comfortably afford it were able to take a ship then a train to a city that was already built. But what about the poor who didn't want to wait? The last part of their trip was walking more than a thousand miles pulling or pushing a handcart. The elitists were able to go in comfort, the peasants had to suffer through a death march.

It isn't elitism. It isn't the deserving versus the undeserving. And all the temporal preparation the richest of us could acquire is nothing without spiritual preparation. In the end, how bad we have it during the coming tribulations is similar which of your neighbors will accept the gospel. The biggest difference is that we know we should prepare for whatever we are called to endure and our neighbors aren't aware they are being prepared to accept the gospel.

Summerwind
captain of 100

Post by Summerwind »

Since when does the lord only aid the deserving? None of us is deserving.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Summerwind wrote:Since when does the lord only aid the deserving? None of us is deserving.
Were you referring to me? If so, did I say the Lord only aids the deserving?
Let's take another look at the handcart pioneers, and focus on the two most well known companies. Nearly 17% of the Willie Company died. Over 25% of the Martin Company died. Only one member of the 9th company died, and nobody in the 10th company died. Were the members of the Willie and Martin companies cursed because they were undeserving? I don't think so. They recorded some very impressive miracles.

If somebody isn't qualified to gather when the Saints are invited to gather, or if they refuse the invitation, as long as they make an effort I am sure they will experience miraculous preservation. But I will not believe that those who choose to not prepare, or choose to decline an invitation to gather, will receive all the blessings that people who are obedient will receive. As I type this, I remember a piece of an interview with an angry lesbian. She directed some of her anger at religious people saying that she was sinning, expressing her anger at the idea that God loves them more than her. It isn't that God loves one of us more than another; it is that some of us love God more than others. How do we measure our love of God? A good start is "If ye love me, keep my commandments."

Summerwind
captain of 100

Post by Summerwind »

I'm infinitely glad it's the Lord that makes these judgments, and not fallible human beings.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

One of the many reasons why I never want to be a Bishop is because part of the job description is to be a common... something I don't want to be... in Israel.

thisisspartaaa
captain of 100

Post by thisisspartaaa »

Summerwind wrote:I'm infinitely glad it's the Lord that makes these judgments, and not fallible human beings.
And that's why I mentioned denying the Atonement in my post above. This spiritual elitism that is expressed among the holier than thou prepper crowd is concerning. I wish people would better understand what bishops, stake presidents and high councils go through as participants in the repentance process. Having a better understanding of it would build a testimony that what Julie Rowe has said regarding these special meetings and finality of food storage is incorrect.

If things ever got bad, followers of Christ will be the first ones to open the door and bring in the unrepentant. Perhaps the sifting will include this test between those who have and those who don't.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Summerwind wrote:
New post on Julie Rowe

by Eric Smith
To whom it may concern:

EVENT DATE
Boston May 9, 2015
Castle Rock July 5, 2015
My guess is a new book on the horizon and/or testimonials to post on her website. She's got her Greater Relief Fund, which is built upon the premise of Julie's NDE, and it needs to bring in money or it's of no value.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Yep. ^^

thisisspartaaa
captain of 100

Post by thisisspartaaa »

New book to be released. "From Imminent to Maybe Some Time Soon."

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

thisisspartaaa wrote:New book to be released. "From Imminent to Maybe Some Time Soon."
If we are taking suggestions might I proffer: Fooled You!

Seems apropos considering her recent interposition into the world of Star Wars lore, and also the apparent naivety and gullibility of much of her target audience - who so desperately want something to be true that they accept it as such at first blush because it's titillating, inebriating, panders to their inner zeitgeist, appeals to their emotions, and ostensibly comes from a wholly good and venerable source, thus the verisimilitude is never called into question - even as their more discerning friends and companions in the background try to no avail to warn them of the duplicity and true dangers present before it's too late, only to have anagnorisis occur for the hapless victim as the doppelgänger finally reveals itself when they have fallen inexorably into their grasp, gleefully and exuberantly shouting the immortal words: "Fooled you!"

Just sayin'. :-$

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Onsdag wrote:
thisisspartaaa wrote:New book to be released. "From Imminent to Maybe Some Time Soon."
If we are taking suggestions might I proffer: Fooled You!

Seems apropos considering her recent interposition into the world of Star Wars lore, and also the apparent naivety and gullibility of much of her target audience - who so desperately want something to be true that they accept it as such at first blush because it's titillating, inebriating, panders to their inner zeitgeist, appeals to their emotions, and ostensibly comes from a wholly good and venerable source, thus the verisimilitude is never called into question - even as their more discerning friends and companions in the background try to no avail to warn them of the duplicity and true dangers present before it's too late, only to have anagnorisis occur for the hapless victim as the doppelgänger finally reveals itself when they have fallen inexorably into their grasp, gleefully and exuberantly shouting the immortal words: "Fooled you!"

Just sayin'. :-$
I upvoted you because you're a regular inconsuperfiliosicatedhyposyllabolicsesquinapedalinisticator.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

AI2.0 wrote:
My guess is a new book on the horizon and/or testimonials to post on her website. She's got her Greater Relief Fund, which is built upon the premise of Julie's NDE, and it needs to bring in money or it's of no value.
Personally, I'm looking forward to reading the public tax filing for fiscal year 2016 for the Greater Relief Fund. Who gave what and where did it go?

You can hide from your followers, but the Feds know where to find you.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

^^^PLEASE tell me you are going to go to the trouble of requesting it. THAT would make for interesting reading indeed.

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

iWriteStuff wrote: January 6th, 2017, 7:24 am
AI2.0 wrote:
Personally, I'm looking forward to reading the public tax filing for fiscal year 2016 for the Greater Relief Fund. Who gave what and where did it go?

You can hide from your followers, but the Feds know where to find you.
Any word on that? And how would one go about finding/obtaining the public tax filings?