Julie Rowe says she's never been given a 'gag order' by the LDS church

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Julie Rowe says she's never been given a 'gag order' by the LDS church

Post by Silver »

https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-profi ... e-postcard

Form 990-N filing due date
Form 990-N is due every year by the 15th day of the 5th month after the close of your tax year. You cannot file the e-Postcard until after your tax year ends.

Example: If your tax year ended on December 31, the e-Postcard is due May 15 of the following year. If the due date falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday, the due date is the next business day.

If your 990-N is late, the IRS will send a reminder notice to the last address we received.

While there is no penalty assessment for filing Form 990-N late, organizations that fail to file required Forms 990, 990-EZ or 990-N for three consecutive years will automatically lose their tax-exempt status.

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

From what I see Mrs Rowe came to this Board and scammed the fools of their money and then disappeared.

Summerwind
captain of 100

Post by Summerwind »

Valhallavagen wrote: April 24th, 2017, 7:55 am I personally know Julie and I'm very concerned for her. I will tell you what I know.

1. Julie does struggle with mental health issues. She herself has stated this publicly.

2. I know two people (who I both personally know and have talked to) who have been contacted by church headquarters asking about Julie Rowe's activities. The church is concerned about what she has been doing; enough to make calls and look into what is going on.

I believe Julie probably had an experience when she was ill but she has since taken it way too far. I'm concerned for her, her family and those who follow her and donate money to her fund. We need to focus on what our leaders are telling us!
1. Yes she has stated this publicly, and many people suffer from mental health issues. These are not something to be afraid of or ashamed of. That in an of itself is reason for compassion for her. I hope she's seeking the appropriate treatment for her situations. It's not an easy challenge as I am fully aware due to my own battles with depression.

2. Interesting that they were contacted for those reasons.

I think your assessment could be quite true. Things have gone pretty far down the path of leading people away from the church leadership (whether she meant to or not, that's the result) and into paths of looking to Julie more than the Lord for their guidance on the Last Days. I think following the Prophets' counsel regarding preparations is wise, but I also think seeking personal revelation for more specific instruction is also wise. Two spiritual gifts we should seek so we are not led astray by anyone would be the Gift of Discernment (truth from lies), and the Gift of Discerning Spirits (ability to tell the motivations of spirits that appear to us).

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Gage wrote: April 24th, 2017, 11:22 am From what I see Mrs Rowe came to this Board and scammed the fools of their money and then disappeared.
I'd say that's not quite accurate. In all the posts I've seen over the years on the forum regarding Julie Rowe, I've never come across one where the person complained that they gave her money and she 'disappeared'. Of all the things she's criticized for, that's not one of them, at least not yet and hopefully it won't come to that.

I bought her first book but I don't feel I was 'scammed' and unlike some fools out there, I don't expect a refund if I later determine it may not have been a true account. I knew what I was buying and I accepted that there were no guarantees that it was true or that I was even going to enjoy the book. That's the risk most people realize they are taking when they choose to spend their money on something like a book.

If any on the forum gave her money for her relief fund, they seem to have left the forum--they've gone silent since her predictions have not come to pass and her public meltdown, but I doubt they would feel they were 'scammed' either. I suspect they are assuming any money given to her charity was used properly.

lone-knight
captain of 50

Post by lone-knight »

@AI2.0 - What public meltdown are you referring to? I don't know if y'all remember me, but I was on here a few months ago, discussing many of these NDE authors and prophecies. My wife struggles with mental illness and all of these things trip her out pretty badly. She declared to me just this last week that she believes in Julie Rowe. I guess I need to start drafting up that letter, that was recommended by posters here, to church headquarters. Mental illness is hard enough, without all of these last days panic attacks.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

lone-knight - Julie Rowe had her own forum (created by some of her 'friends') - Pathway to Zion - and after only a few months of her being on there - she went ballistic and started accusing her own moderators and closest friends there of betraying her, etc. and 'meltdown' really is an accurate word for it. It was so bad, they basically booted her from her own forum and deleted all her posts.

Then a few months ago, she sent out utterly bizarre texts and emails to people (I got one of them), that were basically gibberish and made no sense at all. She has these outbursts, then goes silent for months, then comes back on the public scene, rinse and repeat. I am astonished that her husband hasn't gotten her the help she needs - or maybe he's tried and she refuses - or maybe he likes the perks that come with her celebrity - hard to say.

At any rate, do what you can to dissuade your wife from following or believing in JR, and to just follow the guidelines the Church has given for preparedness - AND most importantly, get your own revelation (as a family) on any preparations you should be making. I strongly encourage you to write that letter, the sooner the better. My .02, and good luck.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

EmmaLee wrote: April 24th, 2017, 5:13 pm lone-knight - Julie Rowe had her own forum (created by some of her 'friends') - Pathway to Zion - and after only a few months of her being on there - she went ballistic and started accusing her own moderators and closest friends there of betraying her, etc. and 'meltdown' really is an accurate word for it. It was so bad, they basically booted her from her own forum and deleted all her posts.

Then a few months ago, she sent out utterly bizarre texts and emails to people (I got one of them), that were basically gibberish and made no sense at all. She has these outbursts, then goes silent for months, then comes back on the public scene, rinse and repeat. I am astonished that her husband hasn't gotten her the help she needs - or maybe he's tried and she refuses - or maybe he likes the perks that come with her celebrity - hard to say.

At any rate, do what you can to dissuade your wife from following or believing in JR, and to just follow the guidelines the Church has given for preparedness - AND most importantly, get your own revelation (as a family) on any preparations you should be making. I strongly encourage you to write that letter, the sooner the better. My .02, and good luck.

Yes! You get it! :)

Valhallavagen
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Valhallavagen »

Pretty close. I'm the one who came up with the idea to create a new forum because a vow was becoming too contentious. Julie never asked us to do it. But was a follower at that time but never enough to donate my money or even buy a tent becauseI wasn't prompted by the Spirit to do that. I don't PTZ was created as a safe place where people could share their experiences without fear of persecution. When Julie began manifesting serious symptoms of mental illness, we did delete some crazy posts and blocked her to protect her and her family. Her husband, who is a wonderful guy, was very supportive of this. Please pray for this dear sister who needs serious help.

EmmaLee wrote: April 24th, 2017, 5:13 pm lone-knight - Julie Rowe had her own forum (created by some of her 'friends') - Pathway to Zion - and after only a few months of her being on there - she went ballistic and started accusing her own moderators and closest friends there of betraying her, etc. and 'meltdown' really is an accurate word for it. It was so bad, they basically booted her from her own forum and deleted all her posts.

lone-knight
captain of 50

Post by lone-knight »

Thank you EmmaLee! That gives me some additional context - which was exactly what I was looking for. Now I need to figure out the best way to write this letter.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

lone-knight wrote: April 25th, 2017, 8:44 am

Thank you EmmaLee! That gives me some additional context - which was exactly what I was looking for. Now I need to figure out the best way to write this letter.
Might I suggest you discuss the contents of the letter with your bishop? And also learn what resources the Church has in your area to treat mental illness.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

lone-knight wrote: April 24th, 2017, 4:13 pm @AI2.0 - What public meltdown are you referring to? I don't know if y'all remember me, but I was on here a few months ago, discussing many of these NDE authors and prophecies. My wife struggles with mental illness and all of these things trip her out pretty badly. She declared to me just this last week that she believes in Julie Rowe. I guess I need to start drafting up that letter, that was recommended by posters here, to church headquarters. Mental illness is hard enough, without all of these last days panic attacks.

We discussed the 'meltdown' she had in October on this thread;

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43845&p=744027&hili ... og#p744027 but as Emmalee pointed out, there have been others, this one was very public and recent.

lone-knight
captain of 50

Post by lone-knight »

Silver wrote: April 25th, 2017, 9:36 am Might I suggest you discuss the contents of the letter with your bishop? And also learn what resources the Church has in your area to treat mental illness.
Good advice Silver. The trouble with the treatment of mental illness like this is that she thinks the problem is with everyone else. In order for her to get treatment/counseling, she has to come to some awareness that the issues might be with her perceptions. She has none of that and instead just tells me that I need 'to pull my head out' and that there are lots of people having these dreams - so they are true. In addition, she insists that we will all see, once the earthquake hits, because that is the beginning of all of the bad stuff.

All that to say that I have looked at treatment options, but all of them require her to allow for the possibility that things are not as she sees them. Rather, she becomes more entrenched because she insists that she is the only one spiritually in tune enough. She lets me know that she worries about our family because I am not getting the same revelations as her 'friends' on Facebook, that have had these dreams. More than a little frustrating.

Btw - for those that may be curious on the situation - I discussed it here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42811&start=120. It continues to be a ride that I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

lone-knight wrote: April 25th, 2017, 10:30 am
Silver wrote: April 25th, 2017, 9:36 am Might I suggest you discuss the contents of the letter with your bishop? And also learn what resources the Church has in your area to treat mental illness.
Good advice Silver. The trouble with the treatment of mental illness like this is that she thinks the problem is with everyone else. In order for her to get treatment/counseling, she has to come to some awareness that the issues might be with her perceptions. She has none of that and instead just tells me that I need 'to pull my head out' and that there are lots of people having these dreams - so they are true. In addition, she insists that we will all see, once the earthquake hits, because that is the beginning of all of the bad stuff.

All that to say that I have looked at treatment options, but all of them require her to allow for the possibility that things are not as she sees them. Rather, she becomes more entrenched because she insists that she is the only one spiritually in tune enough. She lets me know that she worries about our family because I am not getting the same revelations as her 'friends' on Facebook, that have had these dreams. More than a little frustrating.

Btw - for those that may be curious on the situation - I discussed it here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42811&start=120. It continues to be a ride that I wouldn't wish on anyone.
Hang in there, friend. Love unfeigned and the Atonement will get you through.

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

She has none of that and instead just tells me that I need 'to pull my head out' and that there are lots of people having these dreams

No these people claim to have dreams because they realize there are lots of people like your wife.

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

lone-knight wrote: April 25th, 2017, 10:30 am She has none of that and instead just tells me that I need 'to pull my head out' and that there are lots of people having these dreams - so they are true.
Lots of people have dreams of flying.
Lots of people have dreams of losing their teeth.
Lots of people have dreams of appearing naked in public.
Lots of people have dreams of going bald.
Lots of people have dreams of taking over the world.
Lots of people have dreams of [fill in the blank].

We could go around and compile all the dreams people have of [whatever], as AVOW has done, and it would fill volumes. If we were to use all these dreams to predict the future (hey, everyone is having these dreams, and many of them are so very real and vivid, so it MUST mean something!) than it would be rather silly. I can just see it now - selling books about a future world inhabited by naked flying geriatrics who rule the world. =))

Just because lots of people have dreams that are very similar doesn't mean that these things will happen in our collective future. It just means lots of people are having these dreams. And, unfortunately, there are some who are preying on the weaknesses of others and capitalizing on this. :(

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Valhallavagen wrote: April 24th, 2017, 11:20 pmWhen Julie began manifesting serious symptoms of mental illness, we did delete some crazy posts and blocked her to protect her and her family. Her husband, who is a wonderful guy, was very supportive of this.
Do you know what, if anything, he is doing to help her with her mental illness issues? Because when they lived in Iowa (up until last year), I know for a fact he was encouraging her to continue going public, speaking about her alleged experiences, etc. He was enabling her fully. Since they moved to Kansas, I'm not sure what his attitude is about all this - but up until at least July 2016, he was encouraging her in every way - which didn't/doesn't seem like the best thing to do for someone suffering with severe mental illness.

Valhallavagen
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Valhallavagen »

You are absolutely correct.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Gage wrote: April 24th, 2017, 11:22 am From what I see Mrs Rowe came to this Board and scammed the fools of their money and then disappeared.
Her publisher is the Evil One. [-(